** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

England > Midweek > Non-league Apr 22-25

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Apr 22-25

The Racing Post have tipped up Whitby tonight and whilst I wouldn't usually listen to them apparently Ilkeston are sending the kids tonight. What do you reckon Ships?
Apologies - just seen the posting. It looks a mixed side tonight with no Ricketts and four or five youngsters in the squad. Whitby - who struggled to see off Eastwood last time at home - are 11/10 in-running as I write, and I can't say I'm hugely tempted.

Apologies - just seen the posting. It looks a mixed side tonight with no Ricketts and four or five youngsters in the squad. Whitby - who struggled to see off Eastwood last time at home - are 11/10 in-running as I write' date=' and I can't say I'm hugely tempted.[/quote'] Well I took a small punt, but agree given they only drew with Eastwood it hardly looked as good a bet as the RP were making it out to be.

Blimey Whitby must be really bad as it seems Ilkeston have been playing for a fair bit of time with an outfield player in goal
Wow - no sub-keeper on the bench when the keeper got crocked. The surprising thing is that they won in those circumstances so comprehensively, rather than the fact that they had a youthful side. Kevin Wilson has been blooding the youngsters in recent games so the Racing Post had no need to wet their pants over it. They are, in essence, a good side and a growing force. Anyhow, I'd back any one of a dozen of the PL non-league tipster over the Post any day of the week.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Apr 22-25 Apparently Wilson had told the fans not to bother going as he was playing the youngsters. I should known better than to trust their research and should have avoided as soon as I saw the Eastwood draw.

Apparently Wilson had told the fans not to bother going as he was playing the youngsters.
I wonder where they got that from. The official site says he's taking a squad with seven Academy boys, three of whom have already played for the first team. “We could use an excuse that a few of the lads are running on empty, plus Matt Richards and Aaron Hooton haven’t played much recently and so are unlikely to get through the whole game, but we won’t. We’d like to go up there and get a positive result. If we can’t, then I would hope that the positives to come out of it are some good performances from the younger lads involved,” is what he's quoted as saying. This is a club that has been putting a lot of emphasis on its development squad so what they did is hardly a surprise, even if the result itself is incredible.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Apr 22-25 Got to take Stalybridge again tonight at 13/10. Last time out they drew at Harrogate (who had their keeper sent off) and a draw was a fair result. They are playing well without getting the full rewards. The team are on a high as they confident about next season and the bond is good. Full team tonight. Oxford? Incredibly their 13th match in 26 days and i am hoping the 4 hour coach trip takes its toll. They have just 3 wins in these games against poor sides.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Apr 22-25 Halifax play Chester tonight, and as I expected put out a decent side. They are away to Stalybridge on Saturday and at home on Tuesday in the first leg of their play-off tie, on saturday I strongly expect them to field a weak side, i dont know how good Stalybridge are, but if they are up for it, there is a good chance they will come out on top, the question is will the bookies factor all of this into their odds.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Apr 22-25 Ended 2-2 which was the most frustrating result of all especially as Oxford didn't have a shot for ages in the 2nd half and then they score 2 late on. If they had got going sooner I think both bets would have landed.

Halifax play Chester tonight' date=' and as I expected put out a decent side. They are away to Stalybridge on Saturday and at home on Tuesday in the first leg of their play-off tie, on saturday I strongly expect them to field a weak side, i dont know how good Stalybridge are, but if they are up for it, there is a good chance they will come out on top, the question is will the bookies factor all of this into their odds.[/quote'] I think Staly will be without a keeper again though.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Apr 22-25 Jordan Barrow played in goal (he is an outfield player). Leeds Utd recalled Stalys keeper and Stalys own two keepers are injured with a broken leg and stomach ulcer. Had Staly won 5-0 it would not have flattered them. 2 late goals for Oxford after Harvey made 3 late substitutions for Celtic. To say i am peeved is an understatement.

Jordan Barrow played in goal (he is an outfield player). Leeds Utd recalled Stalys keeper and Stalys own two keepers are injured with a broken leg and stomach ulcer. Had Staly won 5-0 it would not have flattered them. 2 late goals for Oxford after Harvey made 3 late substitutions for Celtic. To say i am peeved is an understatement.
Ample chance to have laid out of your bet. I was watching the game on the live score update on the Staly website and Oxford didn't have a shot for ages in the 2nd half. I would rather have had a 5-0 win though than what we ended up with.

You cant lay off 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 when you are sat at the game! Only lay off when i have large amounts on anyway, something i dont do on single games.
Yes you can via your phone. I laid off my Gainsborough bet when they played Gloucester last week when I was at the Dulwich game. Think its a sensible thing to do in some circumstances. I would say it has saved me more money than it has cost me.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Apr 22-25 You have not seen my phone pal! On a couple of occasions i have taken my laptop to games. Its all personal circumstances, i dont bother laying off if its a few hundred quid. Layig off has DEFINITELY lost me money over the years anyway.

You have not seen my phone pal! On a couple of occasions i have taken my laptop to games. Its all personal circumstances, i dont bother laying off if its a few hundred quid. Layig off has DEFINITELY lost me money over the years anyway.
I couldn't live without my smartphone its so handy for keeping up to date with games. I was even using it at the theatre the other week during the interval to get myself in a nice position on the games I was on. The amount of 90 minute goals that have gone against me on a Saturday this season makes me wish I could have laid off on some of those. In this situation I would have been tempted to cover my bet when it went to 2-1 as Staly must have still been really short at the time. I would rather make sure I got a profit or come out level rather than losing, but I accept it isn't for everyone.