England > BlueSQ Bet Prem, play-off semi-finals Apr 23-24, 28

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Semi-final playoffs, second-legs Sunday 28 April 2013 [/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Kidderminster Harriers v Wrexham (13:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 10/11 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7/2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.21 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Newport County v Grimsby Town (16:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5/4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]107.19 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: England > BlueSQ Bet Prem, play-off semi-finals Apr 23-24, 28 Kidderminster to win. We havent calculated in last couple of matches, no draws, either we win or lose tomorrow, but i say win. Twice this year we smashed them, Steve Burr has made wonders, has very good stats with top 5 teams this seasin and i believe it will be a hard but deserved victory. Definitely we have to enter League 2, we are top team in this playoffs, especially when it comes to attacking football and clinical finishing. Other teams may saved some strength in recent matches but dont think this will matter.

Re: England > BlueSQ Bet Prem, play-off semi-finals Apr 23-24, 28 When, pray tell, did Kidderminster 'smash' Wrexham this season because by my reckoning the two games this season were 2-0 and 2-1, the latter where the bare statistics would suggest Wrexham had more chances than Kidderminster :unsure. Top 5 form means nothing now. If it did Luton would have been nowhere near the playoff final for the last two years. It is just about two matches and who holds their nerve the best. Nothing else.

Re: England > BlueSQ Bet Prem, play-off semi-finals Apr 23-24, 28

When' date=' pray tell, did Kidderminster 'smash' Wrexham this season because by my reckoning the two games this season were 2-0 and 2-1, the latter where the bare statistics would suggest Wrexham had more chances than Kidderminster :unsure. Top 5 form means nothing now. If it did Luton would have been nowhere near the playoff final for the last two years. It is just about two matches and who holds their nerve the best. Nothing else.[/quote'] Probably in the same way Kiddie smashed Newport even though Steve Burr said it was backs to the wall stuff.

Re: England > BlueSQ Bet Prem, play-off semi-finals Apr 23-24, 28 Ok. We won 5 away matches in a row now. Lot of our away games were tight one goal margins and when it comes to an edge, we manage to make the difference. I say 1-0 or 2-1 as realistic. In other playoffs match i fancy Newport.

Re: England > BlueSQ Bet Prem, play-off semi-finals Apr 23-24, 28 What's gone before goes out of the window but bare statistics suggest you was fortunate to beat Wrexham in your last away game and I saw with my own eyes that you were fortunate to win at our place. I hope for your sake that whatever it is - luck/edge lasts for three more games as I know from experience that it's crap to finish so far ahead of your playoff semi final opponents and lose. Amazing how often it happens though.

Re: England > BlueSQ Bet Prem, play-off semi-finals Apr 23-24, 28 3pts Wrexham to beat Kidderminster (DNB) 20/21 Ladbrokes Wrexham’s injury list has to be a concern but if they don’t come through this tie I think it will be because of that and not the ‘bottlers’ tag people have given them which is nonsense really. But for injuries I actually like Wrexham’s chances in this tie because they are the underdogs and I think that suits them. They’ve never really struck me as a side who like being favourites and it was noticeable that their best spell in the FA Trophy final came when they were a goal behind and by then the underdogs. Kidderminster are in the position which Wrexham were in last season in that it was almost unfair they had to play a semi final because they were so far clear of their opponents over 46 games. In that regard Kidderminster have little to gain and everything to lose. During that FA Trophy run Wrexham held their nerve in a two-legged semi final which did them no harm and I’ll take them on the draw no bet market here but with caution as they have a few injuries but hopefully the occasion and adrenalin gets them through. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wrexham-vs-kidderminster-betting-wrexham-can-put-injuries-to-one-side-to-seal-a-first-leg-lead-20130423

Re: England > BlueSQ Bet Prem, play-off semi-finals Apr 23-24, 28 Guys, does anybody knows who will be the referee for this clash between Wrexham and Kidderminster? You know, I noticed that usually refs do not show too much of cards in play-off games. I guess it would be an interesting approach to take Under 3,5 cards for 1.83 on bet365.

Re: England > BlueSQ Bet Prem, play-off semi-finals Apr 23-24, 28 Annoyingly the Blue Square Premier play-offs start before the other leagues have finished as I like doing a yankee across the various leagues. Having tipped Mansfield to win the league though, hopefully I can point you in the way of the team to join them in the Football League next season. When a team misses out on promotion on the final day of the season it usually means you should avoid them in the play-offs as they struggle to get over the heartache. Kidderminster however are a very different proposition and look a cracking bet to get back into the Football League. The fact they even managed to be in a position to win the title on the final day was a minor miracle given they lost their first five games and didn't win any of their first 11 matches! Given they have only lost nine league games all season shows what a run they have been on since their poor start. I think winning the title for them would have been a massive bonus and they would have always known it was more likely to be the play-offs. They come into them in the best form of any of the four teams and at 15/8 (Coral and Stan James) they rate a strong bet. They play Wrexham in the semi-finals who have had an injury crisis in recent weeks. They think some may be able to return for the first leg on Tuesday, but even so they have faded just like last season and a smallish squad with so many games to play just hasn't helped. I think Kidderminster should be fairly comfortable in beating them over the two legs. The other semi is between Grimsby and Newport and these two sides are actually in fair form themselves. Grimsby may have beaten them 3-0 on Saturday, but I would not read anything into that as Newport rested a few players as they have had a very tough schedule this month. I don't think there is a great deal between these two sides and Grimsby seem to have got over their poor run of form around the time they reached the FA Trophy Final. I would possibly side with Grimsby to reach the final based on the fact the Newport players have had so many matches already this month. Whoever qualifies though I would be confident that Kidderminster would beat them.

What's gone before goes out of the window but bare statistics suggest you was fortunate to beat Wrexham in your last away game and I saw with my own eyes that you were fortunate to win at our place. I hope for your sake that whatever it is - luck/edge lasts for three more games as I know from experience that it's crap to finish so far ahead of your playoff semi final opponents and lose. Amazing how often it happens though.
I can assure you that there is not the slightest feeling of bad luck/unfairness in the Kidderminster camp about being runners-up. They are still on a big high and full of confidence. The first 10 games of the season without a win are a constant reminder of what a bonus their play-off spot truly is. Doesn't make the play-off games any easier of course, and no doubt it will be very close over the two legs.

Re: England > BlueSQ Bet Prem, play-off semi-finals Apr 23-24, 28 As the Racing Post say in the preview of tonight's game it is a bit of a myth the play-offs are a lottery. I have a pretty good record in the last few years in the BSP play-offs and throught all the leagues there is usually at least one team which looks a really good bet.

Guys' date=' does anybody knows who will be the referee for this clash between [b']Wrexham and Kidderminster? You know, I noticed that usually refs do not show too much of cards in play-off games. I guess it would be an interesting approach to take Under 3,5 cards for 1.83 on bet365.
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/charles-breakspear/profil/schiedsrichter_5887.html

Only seen the first half at the moment but Kidderminster were crap. Reminded me of Wrexhams play off efforts against Luton. Sent from my GT-I8190N using PL Forum
Couldn't agree more. People can tell me there's no hangover from coming second until they are blue in the face but AFC Wimbledon apart and they were never ever getting close to Crawley, every BSP playoff I've taken notice of the team who has finished 2nd have been dogs dinner in the first leg. Cambridge lost 3-0 to Stevenage, we lost 1-0 to York and Wrexham lost 2-0 to us. It happens too many times to be a coincidence now.

Re: England > BlueSQ Bet Prem, play-off semi-finals Apr 23-24, 28 Wednesday preview: 4pts Grimsby vs Newport - Over 2.5 goals Evs Bet365 This semi final looks a bit trickier to call to me. If either side had the advantage I would probably give it to Grimsby as they have had a two legged semi final which they came through this season in the FA Trophy. In saying that I like goalscorers in the playoffs and Newport have plenty of them and that is why I like over 2.5 goals in this match. Newport don’t fear much and whenever I’ve seen them they’ve gone after opponents, sometimes to their own detriment. Games involving them throughout the season have seen a lot of goals and this may be no different. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/grimsby-vs-newport-betting-expect-to-see-some-goals-in-semi-final-first-leg-20130424

There is still 1 game to play. I dont put in duobt who will go throguh to the finals.
I wouldn't be overly confident if I was you. If there's one side in this league I wouldn't want to be behind against it is Wrexham. Spread on time wasting would currently be trading at around 40-45 minutes :loon.

Couldn't agree more. People can tell me there's no hangover from coming second until they are blue in the face but AFC Wimbledon apart and they were never ever getting close to Crawley' date=' every BSP playoff I've taken notice of the team who has finished 2nd have been dogs dinner in the first leg. Cambridge lost 3-0 to Stevenage, we lost 1-0 to York and Wrexham lost 2-0 to us. It happens too many times to be a coincidence now.[/quote'] I just wasn't expecting Wrexham to be at it like they were though. Like I say I think Kiddie's situation was different to some of the others, but we will have to see what happens in the 2nd leg. They were better in the 2nd half and crucially they only have a one goal deficit to overturn whereas Luton punished Wrexham more. Interestingly whenever Kiddie have lost since their poor start they have bounced back with a win so they are used to performing well after a defeat.

Re: England > BlueSQ Bet Prem, play-off semi-finals Apr 23-24, 28 Absolutely Kidderminster aren't out of the tie by any stretch. I did think Wrexham being the underdogs would suit them. Never saw the game, only read a few tweets from Alan Alger and a couple of others which suggest Wrexham were good value for their win but they're not the underdogs anymore so it will be interesting to see what happens. As I've intimated above though they're not the side I'd want to be chasing a game against.

Re: England > BlueSQ Bet Prem, play-off semi-finals Apr 23-24, 28 Well, we scored an away goal and it should do for us. Edgy game in second half, could be either side, offcourse during entire season we had edge to take that kind of games, yesterday wasnt a case. Away goal could be the difference. I think Steve Burr will do the motivation part well in second match.

Well' date=' we scored an away goal and it should do for us. Edgy game in second half, could be either side, offcourse during entire season we had edge to take that kind of games, yesterday wasnt a case. Away goal could be the difference. I think Steve Burr will do the motivation part well in second match.[/quote'] Unless the rules have changed this season, away goals don't count in the playoffs. Once you're in the Europa League, then they'll matter.

Unless the rules have changed this season' date=' away goals don't count in the playoffs. Once you're in the Europa League, then they'll matter.[/quote'] Talking of rules - it seems Artell who was SENT OFF on Saturday against Mansfield was reprieved by the Welsh FA, because they felt his sending off was punishment enough! Given that he was sent off only 90 seconds prior to the end of the game, that was indeed a terrible punishment. It's absolutely ludicrous that Wrexham should be under different jurisdiction than the rest of the English Conference teams. Of course, to add insult to injury, Artell scores the opener for Wrexham.

Talking of rules - it seems Artell who was SENT OFF on Saturday against Mansfield was reprieved by the Welsh FA' date=' because they felt his sending off was punishment enough! Given that he was sent off only 90 [b']seconds prior to the end of the game, that was indeed a terrible punishment. It's absolutely ludicrous that Wrexham should be under different jurisdiction than the rest of the English Conference teams. Of course, to add insult to injury, Artell scores the opener for Wrexham.
I sympathise with this view, although I have heard the complaint - more a lingering suspicion, perhaps - that Welsh clubs in the English pyramid are not looked after by their own FA.

The FAW's press release in relation to the red card is that they rescinded the red card as they did not think it was a red card offence.
Got to say I agree with them as well.

The FAW's press release in relation to the red card is that they rescinded the red card as they did not think it was a red card offence.
The Club's website stated the following: The club’s appeal was based on our claim that a three-match ban might be too severe in this particular case and we were fortunate that as the game was covered by live television, the panel had the opportunity to view several different camera angles. On the day the referee gave an honest decision and the red card still stands on the player’s record. Our appeal was purely that a three-game suspension might be too much for this particular offence.

This seems contradictory to say the least if the red card still stands on the player's record, then it has not been rescinded. Sounds like the Club itself would have accepted a one match ban. I don't blame Wrexham for seeking every avenue to further their promotion quest. The problem is with the officialdom that has different rules for different clubs playing in the same competition.