** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Galatasaray SK v Real Madrid > Tue 9th April

Re: Galatasaray SK v Real Madrid > Tue 9th April It's safe to say that Real needs one goal to be completely safe in this match. I don't believe anyone can possibly imagine that Turkish side can provide 5 goals at any point against anyone, not to speak about top team like Real Madrid is. Galatasaray must attack from the beginning of the match, there is no doubt about it, but if Real manages to score first I think we will be watching quite a dull and one-sided game. Fatih Terim: "When you analyse the 24 teams that have already been eliminated from the competition, Galatasaray's achievements can be better understood. Real Madrid are one of the best teams in the world. We wanted to play football against Real Madrid and we did so. I believe we will play an entertaining game in front of our fans." Since the La Liga is more or less decided, I have a feeling Real with play their game tomorrow with small or no setbacks at all, but still I don't expect any kind of humiliation-like result. I would place my money on 2-3 goals @ 2.1 on bet365

Re: Galatasaray SK v Real Madrid > Tue 9th April Here's some team news and predicted team line up for tonight's game. Galatasaray striker Burak Yilmaz is ruled out of competition when they invite Jose Mourinho’s inform side in the quarter finals second leg clash at Turk Telekom Arena. Burak faces his suspension which will keep him out of the clash. Similarly Dany Nounkeu will also serve suspension following his yellow card at the first leg while Albert Riera and Selcuk Inan return after facing one match suspension in their domestic league. Boss Jose Mourinho has full squad to choose from excluding Sergio Ramos and Xavi Alonso as the duo are banned for the match which might not trouble Mourinho following his first leg 3-0 advantage. The home side Galatasaray have just won once in their home at Champions league this season but they have good overall records loosing just two games at home in last 13 European outfits. The Turkish side has scored less and conceeded most goals than any other side recently at Champions league. [h=2]Predicted XI[/h] Galatasaray : Muslera, Eboue, Kaya, Zan, Riera, Melo, Altıntop, Sneijder, Inan, Drogba , Bulut Real Madrid: Lopez, Arbeloa , Varane, Pepe , Coentrao, Khedira, Modric, María , Ozil, Ronaldo, Higuaín

Re: Galatasaray SK v Real Madrid > Tue 9th April 2pts Galatasaray to beat Real Madrid 9/2 StanJames Galatasaray's odds here seem to be derived from a first leg thrashing. On the night Gala are going to be the most hungry for goals and they are a decent home team. They beat Man United at home in the group stages 1-0 and only lost themselves away 1-0 also. They are a strong, determined team. They come back 1-0 down with 10-men to win 3-1 at home recently. They miss a big goalscorer in Yilmaz so Drogba will need to be on form against his old boss here for us to have any chance but they have beat Madrid on their own turf before and I see lots of value in this pick.

Re: Galatasaray SK v Real Madrid > Tue 9th April Drogba to score anytime 2/1 This phenomenal striker will probably play his last game in Champions League and will do everything to score one. So far he hasn't scored a single goal in CL this season, but it is worth noting that he was playing a bit like a second striker behind Burak Yilmaz. Burak is suspended for the game after a ridiculous referee decision in the first game and this means the main attacker for Galatasaray will be Drogba. Galatasaray have scored in 3/4 home games in CL and their stadium is known to be one of the toughest places to visit in Europe, at this big stage the crowd will really lift the spirit of the team and usually against top teams they tend to outperform. I was thinking to bet the game BTTS, but 8/15 doesn't really look like value to me and I will go with backing Drogba.

Re: Galatasaray SK v Real Madrid > Tue 9th April Yilmaz missing is the crucial factor here in me feeling that even at odds of 8/11 Madrid are the value bet. Over half of Gala's goals in the CL this year have been scored by Yilmaz and with Ronaldo looking to secure the CL golden boot, Mourinho has already said Madrid will look to win the game and as Gala will be forced into attacking by their home fans, Real will be able to pick them off on the break!

Re: Galatasaray SK v Real Madrid > Tue 9th April

2pts Galatasaray to beat Real Madrid 9/2 StanJames Galatasaray's odds here seem to be derived from a first leg thrashing. On the night Gala are going to be the most hungry for goals and they are a decent home team. They beat Man United at home in the group stages 1-0 and only lost themselves away 1-0 also. They are a strong, determined team. They come back 1-0 down with 10-men to win 3-1 at home recently. They miss a big goalscorer in Yilmaz so Drogba will need to be on form against his old boss here for us to have any chance but they have beat Madrid on their own turf before and I see lots of value in this pick.
Spirited win

Re: Galatasaray SK v Real Madrid > Tue 9th April

2pts Galatasaray to beat Real Madrid 9/2 StanJames Galatasaray's odds here seem to be derived from a first leg thrashing. On the night Gala are going to be the most hungry for goals and they are a decent home team. They beat Man United at home in the group stages 1-0 and only lost themselves away 1-0 also. They are a strong, determined team. They come back 1-0 down with 10-men to win 3-1 at home recently. They miss a big goalscorer in Yilmaz so Drogba will need to be on form against his old boss here for us to have any chance but they have beat Madrid on their own turf before and I see lots of value in this pick.
Excellent pick :clap