The PL Nag Me List ~ Flat Season ~ Finished

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The PL Nag Me List ~ Flat Season Can't say I've been thrilled with the way Mazaaher has been campaigned so far. We missed our chance when a 1/2l second on his first run of the season at 10/1 but that nudged his mark up to 70 and ran in another maiden last time. Should have tried his hand in a handicap I think off his opening mark personally but will swallow my pride and move on... Replacing him with Miss Cap Estel (Andrew Balding):

this 4-y-o was only having her first run over a mile and a half on Friday and she acquitted herself positively over the new trip. It’s no surprise that she did so given her pedigree (plenty of stamina for middle distances) and Hernando’s progeny regularly make up into decent older horses so there’s plenty of reason to believe that this filly will be winning races sooner rather than later and can potentially make her way up the ratings as her career progresses. She was held up right out the back off an initially strong gallop at Ascot on Friday which may have suited but they seemed to slow it up a bit as they made their way out of the back straight and this allowed the winner to quicken clear into a commanding advantage. One theory is that the victorious runner had an ideal position and another is that she’s just very useful. I think there’s probably a bit of both involved but there was still a lot to like about the way Miss Cap Estel finished off her race. As the winner was kicking away, Jimmy Fortune was still trying to plot a way out of last position on Balding’s filly and it took a little bit of time to locate a passage for him to boot her into. Once in the clear she stayed on nicely through into second and although never going to get to the winner, it was a useful effort and one that makes me believe that either a further step up in trip or a more positive ride (now she’s proved her stamina) will aid her to win races as soon as possible.
Has regularly been running well but over trips arguably too short and often in races run at slow gallops. Now she's proven herself at 1m4f at Ascot I can see her winning races with stiffer tests now than steadily run 1m2f races.

Re: The PL Nag Me List ~ Flat Season

6lci.png
Hmmm, i'll see how this yoke runs tomorrow! Was with dascombe on the flat when i fancied it to win! Seems to have disappointed the yard I reckon, and now reverts to the national hunt. Is quite a big horse, so maybe the national hunt could do the trick. I won't back the horse tomorrow, but will watch with interest.

Re: The PL Nag Me List ~ Flat Season Need to change my selection. Aegaeus turned out to be a total disaster. Fancied on four occasions in the betting this season, failed to satisfy and justify the faith on all four occasions. Unfortunately I was completely wrong about this horse. Like to change to: Pomology - Trainer: John Gosden This 3yo filly had only two starts to date. Won a Windsor maiden in June in impressive style while having loads against herself in that race. She must have learnt plenty as she was thoroughly professional on her second start in a class 4 Handicap at Kempton last week. She cruised up to the 2f marker to produce then a nice little turn of foot to win hands and heels easily. She didn't beat much on both occasions but should turn out to be a pretty decent filly that might be able to gain some black type at some point this year as she looks to be open to plenty of improvement after only two starts.

Can't say I've been thrilled with the way Mazaaher has been campaigned so far. We missed our chance when a 1/2l second on his first run of the season at 10/1 but that nudged his mark up to 70 and ran in another maiden last time. Should have tried his hand in a handicap I think off his opening mark personally but will swallow my pride and move on... Replacing him with Miss Cap Estel (Andrew Balding): Has regularly been running well but over trips arguably too short and often in races run at slow gallops. Now she's proven herself at 1m4f at Ascot I can see her winning races with stiffer tests now than steadily run 1m2f races.
No prizes for guessing where Mazaaher finishes on handicap debut, first run since being replaced... :eyes

Re: The PL Nag Me List ~ Flat Season May i replace my Donkey Ta. In the last a goodie today ACCESSION was imho given a poor ride by Stevie Drowne (not money talking as i hadn't it backed) came out of stall 17 of 18 and was immediately taken across to the inside rail and covered up at the back of the field ended up getting trapped in meet trouble in running finished late to snatch 3rd. The winner Magic City came out of stall 18 Richard Hughes didn't panic kept the horse on the outside it travelled sweetly into the race no traffic problems pounced late going away at the finish. Stinker by Drowne Stonker by Hughes! Back to Accession, looks a sure fire winner very soon off current mark of 78. Best with cut in the ground both wins have been over 6f but 7f is fine. Hopefully Adam Kirby will be back on top in future the horse is declared for a C4 at Windsor on Monday would have a hell of chance taking that if turned out quickly. Capable of taking handicaps up to C2 imo and it wouldn't surprise me to see this horse string a few wins together baring in mind current mark.

Like to change to: Pomology - Trainer: John Gosden This 3yo filly had only two starts to date. Won a Windsor maiden in June in impressive style while having loads against herself in that race. She must have learnt plenty as she was thoroughly professional on her second start in a class 4 Handicap at Kempton last week. She cruised up to the 2f marker to produce then a nice little turn of foot to win hands and heels easily. She didn't beat much on both occasions but should turn out to be a pretty decent filly that might be able to gain some black type at some point this year as she looks to be open to plenty of improvement after only two starts.
Pomology won a Group 3 - the Prix Minerve - at Deauville today.