WC > Europe Qualification > 22 - 23 March

Re: WC > Europe Qualification > 22 - 23 March

Anyone can score a goal to Turkey. That's a bad bet. Turkish players don't know how to defend. Moreover' date=' Andorra is home. Don't take it.[/quote'] Not taken it myself, just thought it may interest others and save them some time. I agree with you, and although they surely will keep a clean sheet, 1.30 isn't worth it for me.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone sure about the own goal rules for both teams to score. I couldnt find any rule about that on paddypower website and i asked in live chat and the person told me an own goal is treated the same as any other goal. Live chat people can sometimes get things wrong however. Does anyone actually know for sure or are people assuming and can anyone find the rules on their site. Thanks. I think it makes a big difference to the bet in my opinion and all both team to score bets.
I asked someone on chat and they told me an own goal would be a loser. Considering the highest I've seen for an England clean sheet is about 1.11, a makes sense there would be a catch.

I asked someone on chat and they told me an own goal would be a loser. Considering the highest I've seen for an England clean sheet is about 1.11' date=' a makes sense there would be a catch.[/quote'] :unsure hmmmmmmmmm i did the same and they told me the opposite i chatted with a girl though. would like to try and get to the bottom of it one way or the other. Paddy power prices are often way out for both teams to score they often price the no high so i dont think that makes much difference.

Re: WC > Europe Qualification > 22 - 23 March Conor (Listening) Conor Hi, my name is Conor. How may I help you? You hi can you tell me in the both teams to score market for football what happens if there is an own goal scored. thanks Conor It still counts, if the game is 1-1 or greater, no matter how the goals happen, its counted as both teams scoring. You so an own goal is exactly the same as a noraml goal. is that right? You normal Conor Yes, in that market, as the team are credited with the goal You so if i have backed both teams to score NO and the score for example is 3-0 and an own goal is scored then i would still win the bet You if one of the 3 goals were an own goal i mean Conor an own goal is counted the exact same as if the striker had scored it instead, there is no catch, if the team have a goal in the scoreline regardless of how it is scored, then it will be deemed a goal for that team in the both teams to score market. You so the bet is just settled by the final scoreline then Conor Yes exactly. Conor It should not cause issues once you are aware only the scoreline matters, not the method of the goals being scored. Conor So if it is 1-1 both teams scored, if either team has no goal, then both teams did not score. You cool bye thanks

Re: WC > Europe Qualification > 22 - 23 March It'd be great if that were true, but I can't see PP offering 1.44 (1.40 last time I checked) on a clean sheet. I might ask them again though, might make things a little less stressful, Friday :) Edit: It isn't in the BTTS market either though, so the rules must be different.

Re: WC > Europe Qualification > 22 - 23 March Please, please stop posting this stuff. This thread has gone so far off topic it is crazy, I hope a mod clears it up. About half the posts on here could be deleted! It doesn't matter what method the goal is, it could be an own goal, a penalty, a header from his own penalty box, a fcuking overhead kick from the halfway line it doesn't matter. If both teams score then both teams score, that is it, there is no argument.

Re: WC > Europe Qualification > 22 - 23 March Just had a look at the Scotland v Wales odds. I know Scotland are favourites for a reason, but you can get 4-1 on Wales on some sites, Wales DNB is 11/4 on bet365! Surely that represents some value? Scotland are hardly the most clinical team, even when they're favourites they tend to sometimes struggle. Wales have someone in Bale who can turn matches single handedly and is in the form of his life, which also brings me to mention that Bale anytime scorer is 15/8 at bet365, Ladbrokes and Bet Victor. Bale did however miss training apparently, so we'll have to keep an eye out for more news. Although at this point he is expected to be fit and ready for the match.

Re: WC > Europe Qualification > 22 - 23 March San Marino vs England No San Marion goalscorer 1.44 (4/9) paddypower So far this campaign San Marino have played four games, two home and two away. They have conceded a total of 16 goals, eight at home and eight away. They have scored zero goals. They have not scored in a competitive game since October 2008 vs Slovakia. San Marino did score (twice) in a friendly against Malta in August 2012 but they have gone 22 competitive games since they scored. I cannot see this changing against England and in my opinion the 1.44 is real value when it also covers an England own goal, I think. One of the BEST bets of this round of qualifiers IMO. Also pg_yid I really like the look of unders in the Liechtenstein v Latvia game. Great find.
powers now 1.07 (1/14)

Re: WC > Europe Qualification > 22 - 23 March Wales +0.75 1.89@SBO The price on Scotland looks too short as I don't expect them to win this tie 56% of the time. Furthermore they have a reliable trait of winning by just a singe goal with 2goal+ winning margins tending to come versus particularly weak opposition. Historically Wales have a superior head to head record (excluding the occasion Wales didn't take the Carling Cup of Nations too seriously). For the record my previous posted reads on Scotland vs Estonia and Belgium were very accurate and in this tie I'd consider backing Wales +0.5 at evens. The +0.75 line is great as I'd expect to win over 50% of the time and for the vast majority of our losses to be by 1 goal resulting in only a half loss.

Just had a look at the Scotland v Wales odds. I know Scotland are favourites for a reason, but you can get 4-1 on Wales on some sites, Wales DNB is 11/4 on bet365! Surely that represents some value? Scotland are hardly the most clinical team, even when they're favourites they tend to sometimes struggle. Wales have someone in Bale who can turn matches single handedly and is in the form of his life, which also brings me to mention that Bale anytime scorer is 15/8 at bet365, Ladbrokes and Bet Victor. Bale did however miss training apparently, so we'll have to keep an eye out for more news. Although at this point he is expected to be fit and ready for the match.
I raised my eyebrows when I saw the price on Wales, they do have a couple of key players out though in Matthews and Allen. If Scotland can come up with a plan to tackle Bale, then the Wales threat looks reasonably limited but then Scotland have Morrison (one of their most in form players) out, and Scott Brown and Darren Fletcher already out that's pretty much their entire first choice central midfield missing. It will be a decent atmosphere at Hampden and probably a real blood and thunder game with Bale being targeted for special treatment I expect, I agree with McGlashan really the +0.75AH looks the play, if Scotland do win then its unlikely to be by more than one goal, and 1.89 looks a decent price.

I raised my eyebrows when I saw the price on Wales' date=' they do have a couple of key players out though in Matthews and Allen. If Scotland can come up with a plan to tackle Bale, then the Wales threat looks reasonably limited but then Scotland have Morrison (one of their most in form players) out, and Scott Brown and Darren Fletcher already out that's pretty much their entire first choice central midfield missing. It will be a decent atmosphere at Hampden and probably a real blood and thunder game with Bale being targeted for special treatment I expect, I agree with McGlashan really the +0.75AH looks the play, if Scotland do win then its unlikely to be by more than one goal, and 1.89 looks a decent price.[/quote'] Is Bale certain to play? He did get a knock in the Fulham game, carried on but looked a bit injured. I don't normally pay too close attention to team news but a player like Bale makes a massive difference in a game like this where most of the players are far from his level. If he plays I'd say it is definitely a good price on Wales and will take that same AH.

Is Bale certain to play? He did get a knock in the Fulham game' date=' carried on but looked a bit injured. I don't normally pay too close attention to team news but a player like Bale makes a massive difference in a game like this where most of the players are far from his level. If he plays I'd say it is definitely a good price on Wales and will take that same AH.[/quote'] Yep, Bale will play. I don't think there is another player in the world that makes such a difference to his national team, even players like Messi and Ronaldo are in comparitavely strong sides with other top players so if they are missing it is not felt as much, if Bale wasn't available I would say a bet on Wales would be almost unthinkable.

Yep' date=' Bale will play. I don't think there is another player in the world that makes such a difference to his national team, even players like Messi and Ronaldo are in comparitavely strong sides with other top players so if they are missing it is not felt as much, if Bale wasn't available I would say a bet on Wales would be almost unthinkable.[/quote'] I've taken it, Wales +0.75AH @ 1.89 with SBObet.

Re: WC > Europe Qualification > 22 - 23 March I am going to take X2 (2.15) at Wales based on the information above plus the fact they didn't have a draw game since 26.05.2007 in a friendly game vs New Zealand, that are 43 matches without a draw, so I think it's finally time to happen. Of course Bale can carry them even to a win.

Re: WC > Europe Qualification > 22 - 23 March Hmm...I wonder what people make of second half highest scoring in the England game, 2.05 with William Hill. San Marino tire a lot as the game goes on and I'm sure the statistics would point to this being good value as they concede a lot of late goals. However, with the EPL at its current juncture you'd think England players may relax when the game is secure.

Bit of a strange one... Was looking at the odds for San Marino v England 'both teams to score - no' on the odds comparison, just to see if anyone else had priced it up..red32 had it at 1.08, couple of others at a similar price and Bet Victor for some reason best known to themselves had it at 1.65!! I have to be a bit crafty with them now as Ive been banned twice but managed to get a decent chunk of change on before they pulled the bet. Unfortuntely I see they have now voided it and returned the cash to my account. Bugger.
Saw it myself, 13/20. Was pulled the very moment i tried to place, probably about 10pm.

In this instance I'd say its a palp because the odds should be around 1.08 as Hastgill stated' date=' and Betvictor had it at 1.65.[/quote'] You have a point Jase but i still go with the "lazy pricing". This has been input manually by a trader. Many market prices are determined from the original HXA odds. There is a certain game this weekend and a bookie online has all 3 prices (HXA) above 5/1. I have not even bothered having a go as it will defintely be deemed palpable error.

About Croatia v Serbia game' date= the only one worth a bet is red card, IMO. The tension and pressure on both teams will be amazing, and the referee will be the one who was in the match between Manchester Untd and Real. Some Turkish one, I can't remember the name, but I know that he very easily show cards (especially in big games). red card @3.12 marathon low stake

Re: WC > Europe Qualification > 22 - 23 March As an Irishman I am fearing the worst for us against Sweden. For odds-on backers, I think Sweden offer good value. The team is a shambles at the moment, can't see us getting a result there.

As an Irishman I am fearing the worst for us against Sweden. For odds-on backers' date=' I think Sweden offer good value. The team is a shambles at the moment, can't see us getting a result there.[/quote'] Dont say that m8. Sure we have Ibra and a couple of good mf (Elm, Källström, Svensson) but our defence can make me really afraid sometimes. How is the form of the irish offensive players? But with that said -1 was interesting before the odds took a dive, still thinking of Over 2.5 goals and a goal bet on Ibra (first, last, anytime). But this match is probably one of the most important during the qualis. Germany are going to win the group despiete only getting 4-4 home against us and i dont see Austria as real threat for the second place, I see Ireland as a much bigger threat.

Re: WC > Europe Qualification > 22 - 23 March Andorra v Turkey This is a bet more against Andorra than for Turkey who are going through a bad spell themselves but should be able to see off the Andorrans without conceding. If we look back over the past 42 games Andorra have played they have lost 41 and drawn 1, in that period they have scored in 8 games so they are far from prolific, in fact they haven't scored in their last 14 matches..Avci is under a bit of pressure in Turkey as results have been disappointing so far, they should get 6 points from their games against Andorra and Hungary though and their prospects might look far better this time next week. Considering the stats I have given I find it surprising Coral go at 1.4 for Turkey winning to nil, Hills for example have the same bet at 1.12, I would say it should be about 1.2-1.22. Regardless of what faults you pick in Turkeys current form, they have been playing against sides far better than Andorra. Andorra are organised defensively and a pretty dogged outfit these days, they have very little attacking ability though and will have no more than a couple of efforts on target, if that. Regular followers of these threads will know this is one of my favourite bets and it certainly comes in most times you play it, at 1.4 it’s a no-brainer for me, I expect this to finish 2 or 3-0. Turkey to Win to Nil - 1.4 - coral - 10 Points

Dont say that m8. Sure we have Ibra and a couple of good mf (Elm, Källström, Svensson) but our defence can make me really afraid sometimes. How is the form of the irish offensive players? But with that said -1 was interesting before the odds took a dive, still thinking of Over 2.5 goals and a goal bet on Ibra (first, last, anytime). But this match is probably one of the most important during the qualis. Germany are going to win the group despiete only getting 4-4 home against us and i dont see Austria as real threat for the second place, I see Ireland as a much bigger threat.
Trappatoni is a joke, he has dropped Doyle completely from the squad and will probably pay Keane and Walters up front, terrible. He probably won't play Hoolihan who is probably our best midfielder at the moment, the man will set up his usual boring side to try get a draw. John O'Shea has been terrible this year also, and Zlatan should have a field day. My guess would be a 2-0 win for Sweden personally, just can't see us getting anything. Sweden were unbelievable in that comeback from 4-0 down, and a win for sweden tomorrow will sort out 1st and 2nd in the group. Now, of course, I hope I am wrong, Ireland have always done well over the years when underdogs, but just cannot see it tomorrow.

Dont say that m8. Sure we have Ibra and a couple of good mf (Elm, Källström, Svensson) but our defence can make me really afraid sometimes. How is the form of the irish offensive players? But with that said -1 was interesting before the odds took a dive, still thinking of Over 2.5 goals and a goal bet on Ibra (first, last, anytime). But this match is probably one of the most important during the qualis. Germany are going to win the group despiete only getting 4-4 home against us and i dont see Austria as real threat for the second place, I see Ireland as a much bigger threat.
I'll agree with Kusagwa here. If you look at our latest games we have 4-4 against germany in a match where they just froze when we scored our second, 4-2 against an english reserve team and 2-3 against argentina. these are all matches where we weren't the controlling team, which is how we like it. before that we got a very unimpressive win away to the faroe islands. I'm not too familiar with ireland but i'm guessing you'll let us have the ball and concentrate on defence and counter-attacks, which is probably a good game plan. As for our offensive players we do have zlatan, but at the moment we're lacking offensive power imho. With that said, we're rightly favourites, but I don't see any value in 1.5-ish. I'd want at least 1.65-1.70 to back us. As I see it, this will go one of two ways; we get an early goal and can relax, in which case i can see us cover an -1.5 handicap. Or, the more probable; we cramp and have difficulties getting to clear scoring opportunities in which case the draw seems good value GL.