Arsenal v Aston Villa > Sat 23rd February

Aidymac

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Arsenal v Aston Villa > Sat 23rd February I have a feeling Arsenal are gonna loose this match after their champions league escapade with Bayern. Their self esteem must be below zero.. Aston Villa are a wild team, but their forwards could score against any premier league opponent. I see them winning against Arsenal.

I think this game could go one of two ways. Arsenal will continue their poor "form" and lack of confidence. Or we could see a reaction as Wenger seems to be on the ropes. Villa rely heavily on Benteke so can they keep him quiet is the key. No bet for me as you just can't work out which Arsenal will turn up here but goals look good. Neither are strong in defence and both need the three points IMO.

Re: Arsenal v Aston Villa > Sat 23rd February Crazy price on Villa for me. Villa have only lost one of their last five away games (albeit an 8-0 thrashing at Chelsea). We all know the pressure Arsenal are under at the moment. Villa are quite capable of beating them. Aston Villa DNB 11.0 Coral

Re: Arsenal v Aston Villa > Sat 23rd February

Crazy price on Villa for me. Villa have only lost one of their last five away games (albeit an 8-0 thrashing at Chelsea). We all know the pressure Arsenal are under at the moment. Villa are quite capable of beating them. Aston Villa DNB 11.0 Coral
According to the odds checker website the DNB, as you say, is 11's but the Villa straight win is at 8's. What's that all about??

According to the odds checker website the DNB' date=' as you say, is 11's but the Villa straight win is at 8's. What's that all about??[/quote'] At the moment, Coral have the Villa win at 9.0 and DNB at 11.0 (clearly better value). Best odds on the win are Pinnacle with 11.8.

At the moment' date=' Coral have the Villa win at 9.0 and DNB at 11.0 (clearly better value). Best odds on the win are Pinnacle with 11.8.[/quote'] more like a palp as the price is much less elsewhere. they will restrict accounts. tread carefully.

more like a palp as the price is much less elsewhere. they will restrict accounts. tread carefully.
Equally though, is it a good idea to avoid taking competitive odds because you're worried your account might be limited?

Re: Arsenal v Aston Villa > Sat 23rd February Can't agree with Villa winning this Saturday. Arsenal's confidence is a bit shattered, but they will quickly get over it, because they need the EPS 4th place for the Champions League, so i see them making an extra-effort and winning 1:0 and scoring in the second half most probably.

Re: Arsenal v Aston Villa > Sat 23rd February No way any other result besides a comfortable home win. I would have been more worried about Arsenal's likely victory if Arsenal had been amidst a winning streak and felt comfortable. Because they tend to lose concentration under such circumstances and often drop easy points. Now that the pressure upon them and the manager is tremendous, Arsenal will play with maximum concentration and motivation. Aston Villa have some surprises to offer up-front, but they are simply terrible at the back. They concede a few goals with absolute ease nearly every game. I think Arsenal will score a minimum of three goals, so even a goal from AV won't help them much. The value here in my opinion is clearly on Arsenal handicap, despite the enormous away price. We rarely get into this situation when full-squad Arsenal have been hurt badly by recent results and feels great pressure to deliver in a home game against one of the funniest defenses in Premier League. In most games like this, we always have to guess what the motivation of Arsenal will be, will they be able to deliver a quick start or they will begin the game in a slow tempo, etc. Now we get a guaranteed full motivation and highest tempo from Arsenal right from the start. Villa do not have the defensive capacity to deal with it. Arsenal -1.5 @ 1.75 Arsenal -2 @ 2.30

Crazy price on Villa for me. Villa have only lost one of their last five away games (albeit an 8-0 thrashing at Chelsea). We all know the pressure Arsenal are under at the moment. Villa are quite capable of beating them. Aston Villa DNB 11.0 Coral
That is a good price you got and I hope they don't void it as a palp. Even now the DNB is a best priced 9.5 with Betsafe which still seems too big. I think with Arsenal's crisis Villa could easily win this game, and as Pinnacle have the straight AW @ 10.50, 9.5 looks big for the DNB. But I've gone for a more cautious bet in the +1.75 AH @ 1.87 with 188bet. Villa seem to be better away than at home at the moment, and they actually won a game the other week which should improve confidence greatly. They won't be expected to win here whilst all the pressure is on Arsenal. Arsenal played in midweek so will be more tired. Admittedly Arsenal do have a habit of bouncing back from these 'crises' and usually end up managing a top four place, but I think (and hope!) this season might be different. Even if they do win there's a good chance it won't be easy for them. 1.36 just looks too low for Arsenal considering the way they have been playing, and considering some of their results at home so far this season.

Re: Arsenal v Aston Villa > Sat 23rd February number one rule is - when a team is down that's when its more dangerous so arsenal +1 number two rule is - the coach and experiance so its very obvious arsenal +1 number three rule is - the motivation of either team, hmm (arsenal fourth place finish - aston villa don't get beat) +1 and so on.... so conclusion is arsenal win

Re: Arsenal v Aston Villa > Sat 23rd February There is certainly value in villa DNB at that price but for me this is a game I would stay clear of ,,given villa's poor form this year and and the fact that the gunners can be world beaters one day and panel beaters the next....would anyone really be surprised if Arsenal put 6 or 7 past this young Villa team not really would anyone be surprised if Villa played 4-5-1 and nicked it 1-0 not really.

Re: Arsenal v Aston Villa > Sat 23rd February Last match between Arsenal and A.Villa is too boring match. I watch complate game and i have bad dream after that game. Now, maybe will be better game, Villa is awake, a Arsenal must win.

Re: Arsenal v Aston Villa > Sat 23rd February For me, I can't see anything past an Arsenal win here. Yes, they might be a little tired after their hammering by Bayern during the week but this should certainly be a huge wake up call for both the team and as it stands the manager too! With that being said Arsenal will be looking to bounce back and get things back on the run again. Why Arsenal didn't perform in the first half like they did in the second against Bayern, I will never know? If they played like they did in the second throughout the match, they might have gave Bayern a run for their money. But anyway, this game isn't about Bayern, it's back to the premier league where Arsenal face Aston Villa. For me Villa are really lacking experience and seem to go from hot to cold whenever they see fit. Well there's no doubt in my mind that they'll be put to the test against an Arsenal side that have always dominated the possession game, especially whilst playing at home. There is more than enough talent in the Arsenal side to make it an easy win so I'm going with the following bet: Arsenal -1.5AH @ 5/6 w/ Paddy Power

Result: 2-1 Bet lost Narrow Arsenal win but not really convincing going from the BBC report.