** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Phoenix Open PGA Tour ~ 31st Jan - 3rd Feb

BillyHills

Lets see if we can break the duck on the PGA Tour this week!! Top European Player 1pt EW Martin Laird 12/1 Stan James (1/4 1,2,3) I think Martin Laird is comung into form and wanted to back him this week and the only viable market is the Top European. He was third here a couple of years ago and has made a steady start to the season. Often is let down by one bad round but has played ok so far in 2013. Kymer and Harrington head the betting and i do respect Kymer but is too short at 3/1 and reckon Laird is pretty good value at 12/1, he's 8/1 in places. http://www.oddschecker.com/golf/waste-management-phoenix-open-/waste-management-phoenix-open/top-european Top Australian Player 1pt Greg Chalmers 7/1 Skybet http://www.oddschecker.com/golf/waste-management-phoenix-open-/waste-management-phoenix-open/top-australian Outsider of the 5 strong party with Jason Day hot favourite from Baddeley, Ogilvy and Leishman. Chalmers has been around a bit and played this event many times but had top 25 finishes the last twice he played here (2010/2012). Was in 6th place after two rounds last week before fading out of contention and just think he's a bit of value at 7/1.

Re: Phoenix Open PGA Tour ~ 31st Jan - 3rd Feb For me this Phoenix Open tournament is fiddly to get right, but last season I grabbed place finishes with Bubba Watson and Ben Crane. That in itself tells you all you need to know. Any type of game can florish on the Stadium Course. This season I'm going for the damn right obvious in Duffbag and Watney. Longer odds selections for me are K.J. (66s), Teater (80s) and the much lamented and oftern over looked Jeff Overton who loves Bent grass greens and is available at 100s.

Re: Phoenix Open PGA Tour ~ 31st Jan - 3rd Feb Tommy Gainey 1pt e/w @ 175/1 Betfair fixed odds This tournament looks wide open and I think you could easily make a good case for about 20 players. Two gloves looked like he was going to be a wire to wire winner here two years ago but faded badly over the last four holes to finish 8th. He's a lot more experienced now though and has his maiden victory after winning the McGladrey Classic at the end of last season. Missed his last couple of cuts (but missing out on the extra time hanging around at Torrey Pines might not be a bad thing) and worth a dabble a big price.

Re: Phoenix Open PGA Tour ~ 31st Jan - 3rd Feb Tournament preview: 1pt ew B.Watson to win Phoenix Open 18/1 Bet365 (1/4 1-5) I like big hitters on this course. JB Holmes has won twice around here and that’s no surprise as the bombers can really get it out there and score heavily so with that in mind my main fancy this week is Bubba Watson. He has two top 10’s around here and while he pulled out with illness last week I expect him to go well this week. He already has a top 10 finish to his name this year and this course sets up well for him. At 18/1 he should go very close this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/phoenix-open-betting-big-hitting-bubba-watson-can-enjoy-life-in-the-desert-this-week

Re: Phoenix Open PGA Tour ~ 31st Jan - 3rd Feb Three for me this week: 2pts JB Holmes @ 100 Betfair (40-100 pick) Holmes has won this event twice and was 5th a couple of years back so he clearly loves this course. I thought he was starting to show glimpses of a return towards the latter part of 2012 and think this event could really be a catalyst for him to return to his pre-operation form. Odds too good to ignore for a twice champion on this course. 0.5pts Kevin Na @ 150 Betfair Na has a phenomenal record here without actually winning. He's got a 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th in 7 tries and at these odds I just don't think you can resist that sort of course form. 0.5pts Ben Crane @ 130 Betfair Was 2nd at this event last year and has another Top 5 finish. Is a very good putter on his day and like Na I think he's too big considering his course record. Year to Date (-18pts) 40-100 Picks: -12.5pts Other Picks: -5.5pts

Re: Phoenix Open PGA Tour ~ 31st Jan - 3rd Feb

Lets see if we can break the duck on the PGA Tour this week!! Top Australian Player 1pt Greg Chalmers 7/1 Skybet http://www.oddschecker.com/golf/waste-management-phoenix-open-/waste-management-phoenix-open/top-australian Outsider of the 5 strong party with Jason Day hot favourite from Baddeley, Ogilvy and Leishman. Chalmers has been around a bit and played this event many times but had top 25 finishes the last twice he played here (2010/2012). Was in 6th place after two rounds last week before fading out of contention and just think he's a bit of value at 7/1.
7 shot lead going into the last round! Lets see this beauty get beat then:lol You just know it will end in tears!

Re: Phoenix Open PGA Tour ~ 31st Jan - 3rd Feb Good old Greg Chalmers did the damage yesterday and even a poor level par round was enough for him to win by 4 shots - a nice 7/1 winner well done Billy Hills I hope you too made a nice few quid on him. Onto Pebble beach next week as soon as I have had a look at the field I will be coming back with a few more tips untill then goodbye. Joe