** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Serie A > 1st - 3rd February

Re: Serie A > 1st - 3rd February Fiorentina - Parma is a quite hard match, however I believe in a strong come out Montella band. Even during this bad period, Fiorentina never lost his faith in playng the ball at the ground. The main problem here is that Jovetic is sleeping, do not know why. Maybe he has reached some secret agrements for next season with some great PL club (some say the gunners) and so he is taking the legs off, but i do not believe this one. Odds are not particulary attractive, and probably Parma will be a stern test for Viola. I see a very good mix of talent, pace, creativity in the fiorentina midfield that will play with Valero-Migliaccio-Pizarro (key player)- Cuadrado. Parma has the talent of Belfodil up front, and i see however Jovetic will step up in this match and demonstrate every body he is not a fake player. Luca Toni will partner him, and at same time of the match surely also Larrondo or El Hamdaoui will have their chance, as Montella is saying Fiorentina home win 6/10 1,75 (taken yesterday, odds now down to 1,70) I think we can couple this match with Lyon away, or with an home win like Montpellier, Milan, Atl Madrid (if Falcao play), Cote D'Ivoire

Re: Serie A > 1st - 3rd February

Right, I've had a good look at the games now and taken into consideration what's been written in the thread by others. For some reason I am having trouble pulling the trigger in both the Genoa and Pescara games. Pescara +0.25 was available @ 9/10 earlier in the week which for obvious reasons really caught my attention. Unfortunately the deterioration in the price is problematic for me with the +0.25 line now below 4/5. While Bologna are really poor travelers they are only 1 place above Pescara in the table and 2 points ahead. The question marks over how Pescara will emerge from the melting pot will probably mean the away side will take a cautious approach and look to counter. I actually think a draw is more likely than a home win so the +0.25 line on Pescara doesn't really grab me at the shortened price. If the +0.25 line was 17/20 or even 5/6 I think it would hold some +ev but not now.
This is back up to 1.95 at bet365 now, might put a little bit more on myself.

Re: Serie A > 1st - 3rd February I am going to fade Fiorentina in their match. I couldn't catch the +1 which would have been perfect, but I still fancy Parma to get something here. Parma can combat the home side in most areas of the pitch to the degree that I think Jovetic will have to put in a good performance in order for the home side to win here. I've seen them struggle to break teams down at the 18 yard line. Parma will play with a draw in mind and counter-attack out wide. The home side are too short for me given the relative states of both sides at the moment. Parma +0.75 - 2.00 - 4 points Draw - 3.60 - 1 point Bet365

Re: Serie A > 1st - 3rd February Not a good afternoon for me as everything drops and I'm currently -4.1 for the weekend. I thought Marchetti had locked in the draw with that last minute save but Lazio couldn't focus and conceded only seconds after. I stopped watching Parma because they were putting in a terrible performance. They had flashes of unsettling the home side but their own defence was so poor and they conceded two relatively soft goals. No pressure on the home players as they were crossing. Very flat.

Re: Serie A > 1st - 3rd February :wall That's two weeks in a row where late goals have screwed up my draw bets. Pescara also loosing after twice being in front is a cause for great annoyance. Disappointing from me, two weeks of losses in Serie A in a row so hoping to stem the tide next week.

Re: Serie A > 1st - 3rd February

Pescara +0.25 @ 24/25 (Pinnacle)
FT: Pescara 2-3 Bologna = BET LOST I watched the game and have no real complaints, I thought Bologna were very professional and ultimately deserved the win. Pescara are still too fragile, Bianchi Arce and Cosic were poor at defending the penalty box which is priority number 1 for a centre-back partnership. There were glimpses in the 1st half of some cohesive play with D'Agostino in the central median but I always felt Bologna were the more menacing. Vladimir Weiss is a great player for Pescara and with the home side playing 2 centre-forwards, Weiss found some space and caused problems for Bologna. Both the Pescara penalties were debateable so even though they took the lead twice you always felt Bologna were gonna come back. Horrible game to watch, I was fearing for my money the whole way through but I guess I had to loose a bet in Italy at some point. Don't know how most of us managed to make a Serie A loss this weekend but that's the way it goes sometimes.