** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Farmers Insurance Open (PGA Tour) Jan 24th-27th

BillyHills

Top Australian 2pts EW Marc Leishman 6/1 Stan James (1/4 odds 1,2,3) Taking this one early has he's much shorter with Laddies and Hills. Been watching this guy for a while and played two solid tournaments in Hawaii so far this season, he was 23rd in the Hyundai in terrible weather and then was 9th in the Sony with 4 rounds in the 60's. He only missed 3 cuts all last season and was going ok in this event until a poor finish on Sunday shifted him down the field. 13 Aussies line up with Jason Day fav so will take the EW option and he must go close in my eyes. http://www.oddschecker.com/golf/farmers-insurance-classic/farmers-insurance-open/top-australian

Re: Farmers Insurance Open (PGA Tour) Jan 24th-27th Like that bet BH and he caught my eye a few times at the back end of last season as well as LTO. Can see him popping up to win one somewhere this year. A couple of quid on the win market might not go amiss..66/1 The nature of Torrey pines has usually meant that the cream comes to the top here! I could'nt put anyone off the top half dozen or so in this market. Tho the ones I won't be backing are Woods, Michelson,Howell, Bradley and Van Pelt. Also Watney cos of the new clubs! I've had the one bet so far Rickie Fowler @ 36 on the exchanges. Some money has come and the best now is 31 @ BET365..... Easy to forget that he only turned pro three years ago but he has finished in the top 20 here, all three times. Last year was his best yet and lets hope this year he really could cement his place near the top of the golfing tree! DJ loves it here with a great record and I will get him onboard at some point...

Re: Farmers Insurance Open (PGA Tour) Jan 24th-27th I really do think the champion Snedeker ready to make a winning return here, He playing well and him plus Bubba Watson should be in the top 5 come the end. I would say outside chance will go to John Rollins who could do well along with Charles Howell.

Re: Farmers Insurance Open (PGA Tour) Jan 24th-27th camillo villegas to rediscover topform on a course where he has performed well previously.last year not the best for the columbian but 47th last week shows he is moving in the right direction,so heres hoping the spiderman can get a flying first round start and keep up the good work til sunday evening.

Re: Farmers Insurance Open (PGA Tour) Jan 24th-27th Must say I like the look of Marc Leishman this week. I also have a view that Bud Cauley and Ryo Ishikawa could get into contention. The former showed signs of a return to form last week at PGA West and Ishikawa has a history of playing well on long formats namely Trump Resort and Firestone.

Re: Farmers Insurance Open (PGA Tour) Jan 24th-27th Tournament preview: 1pt ew C.Howell III to win Farmers Insurance Classic 28/1 Stan James (1/4 1-6) One man who has started the year well and who has a good recent record around Torrey Pines is Charles Howell III. He has lost a playoff and finished third in the last two weeks and he has a couple of top 15’s in this tournament in the last three years not to mention a few top 10 finishes prior to that. If the South course is set up to the maximum length he might get found out but if it is a normal length and becomes a test of accuracy then the straight hitting Howell III will be bang in the game and at 28/1 he’s a fair bet this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/farmers-insurance-classic-betting-charles-howell-iii-can-continue-his-recent-progression-to-land-the-title

Re: Farmers Insurance Open (PGA Tour) Jan 24th-27th Im also a RICKIE FOWLER fan i think he is going to have a big year and should be in contention for the majors this year. Has started off well this year 6th in the Hyundia can build on that has been dosh around for him and i've taken 0.5 e/w with SJ 25/1 1-6 which is still available. Best of luck all:ok

Re: Farmers Insurance Open (PGA Tour) Jan 24th-27th 2pts ew M.Leishman Top Australasian Player 6/1 Stan James (1/4 1-3) One man who does enjoy these conditions would appear to be Marc Leishman. He was way down the field last year but prior to that he has two top 10 finishes and he comes into this event off the back of a top 10 finish in the Sony Open a couple of weeks ago too so he’s playing well and is on a couple of courses he clearly enjoys playing on. While he wouldn’t necessarily need to win the tournament to be the top Australasian you wouldn’t rule that out completely but at 6/1 he looks a good price to lead the Australasian’s home. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/farmers-insurance-classic-betting-marc-leishman-looks-good-value-to-lead-the-aussie-charge-at-torrey-pines

Re: Farmers Insurance Open (PGA Tour) Jan 24th-27th Oh how I hate this event. So very, very much. After last week: Year to Date 40-100 Picks: -9.5pts Other Picks: -3.5pts Onto this week, where shooting low on the North Course will be important and length off the tee will give a huge advantage (Woods, Mickelson, Watney, Watson have all won this event, the first 2 many times). 3pts Kyle Stanley @ 130 Betfair Was outstanding for 71 holes on this course last year and ******* awful for the last. Odds are too big, but this is still a painful bet. 1.5pts Scott Stallings @ 110 Betfair Almost won last week, has won both the previous two seasons and is very hot when on song, which means he could be well set to take advantage of the North Course. Length off the tee should serve him well on the South Course. 0.5pts Jonny Vegas @ 320 Betfair 3rd here a couple of years back and is also quite long off the tee. Is very good on the easier courses when in form (his maiden win was the low scoring Humana Challenge).

Re: Farmers Insurance Open (PGA Tour) Jan 24th-27th I have had a lot more joy laying than backing this year and was shocked to see Jason Day was single figures to be top Australian at the Farmers open - I have layed him for top Aussie at 6.8 medium stakes - reasoning is plenty of good names in this ie Ogilvy,Leisham as mentioned a few times in this thread + Senden & Baddley to name a few. Also outsiders like Appleby on his day can play well - just cant see why Day is so short in such a strong field. def lay for me. Good luck all who choose to bet unless your backing Day.

Re: Farmers Insurance Open (PGA Tour) Jan 24th-27th Have just layed Tiger Woods @ 5.2/1 on Betfair he is on hole 4 and 4 shots of the leader in tied for 18th place - am sorry this joke is a price - I admit he is playing quite well but he is not a shadow of his former class - I think that price is an insult to all the other players in the mix. I may end up with egg on my face but at that price am willing to lay a bit and take my chances. Good luck all Joe