Arsenal v Liverpool > Wed 30th January

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Arsenal v Liverpool (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.22 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Arsenal v Liverpool > Wed 30th January I know it sounded lazy but I wanted to check all available avenues for info. I checked the odds early and they were interesting so was looking for this information as the price may have moved....there are Arsenal fans here with good insight and knowledge, whereas sometimes google is vague or conflicting especially with the game being over a week away..... Some sources are saying he is days from being fit while others suggesting 2 more weeks out, doesnt matter now though as I have a suspicion he wont be available!

Re: Arsenal v Liverpool > Wed 30th January

I know it sounded lazy but I wanted to check all available avenues for info. I checked the odds early and they were interesting so was looking for this information as the price may have moved....there are Arsenal fans here with good insight and knowledge, whereas sometimes google is vague or conflicting especially with the game being over a week away..... Some sources are saying he is days from being fit while others suggesting 2 more weeks out, doesnt matter now though as I have a suspicion he wont be available!
Fair play, i tend to use form and season performance as indicators when i choose my bets, and therefore don't pay too much attention to individual players. There was a lot made of michu's absence for swansea a few weeks ago and they still won, then it was Gibson's absence from everton and they didn't let up either. You would need an awful lot of time to tailor every bet you make to the team lineup and you would also only make a bet within the hour of the game starting which is a luxury i can't afford.

Re: Arsenal v Liverpool > Wed 30th January Hard game to call for us however if we do win we go joint on points with the Gunners. I wouldnt use our defeat on Sunday in the FA Cup as reasoning behind this game as Rodgers will certainly make changes and make sure the teams performance is better. We actually have not been that bad of late in the league however are yet to defeat a side above us in the league. One thing I can say is that we do normally score goals on our travels, scoring in our last 5. Its a tough game to call as in my personal experience you never know what your getting with Arsenal. Games between us and Arsenal are normally tight affairs seperated by the one goal or we cannot be seperated at all. I think this will be a very close tight game with few goals, We should bring in Johnson back at left back and I think Jamie Carragher will start this one as BR seems to of lost faith in Skrtel. Carra isnt what he was but has been solid when he has stepped in this season so I expect the same from our vice-captain here. Lucas will come in and shore the midfield up protecting it and I can see Rodgers going for a point here.

Re: Arsenal v Liverpool > Wed 30th January 4pts Arsenal to beat Liverpool 29/20 BetVictor If Arsenal can keep Luis Suarez quiet then there is a win for them in this match. They dominated the reverse fixture at the start of the season and in truth Liverpool haven’t really improved a great deal since then. Arsenal aren’t always the most trustworthy side in the world but with the confidence of two solid wins under their belts they look to be a fair enough price for the win in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/arsenal-vs-liverpool-betting-arsenal-can-pile-more-misery-on-liverpool-on-wednesday-night

Re: Arsenal v Liverpool > Wed 30th January I'm too tribal to back Arsenal to win a football match but there has to be value on them here @ 2.45. Surely 2.2 would be fair odds, 2.25 at a push. As well as the fact that Liverpool aren't actually better than Arsenal, losing to Oldham at the weekend isn't exactly the best preparation for a game of this magnitude.

Re: Arsenal v Liverpool > Wed 30th January I am with you on this one pgYid, you have to fancy Arsenal to get the win and the price looks very tasty. Liverpool, although looking much improved of late, still have not beaten many teams above them in the league this season (any?). As I still dont feel I can fully trust Arsenal to get the win I will probably stick this in a 2/3 way acca for a lower outlay.

Re: Arsenal v Liverpool > Wed 30th January I can see this game being very much like the Arsenal v Swansea match at the Emirates because of similar way Liverpool and Swansea play. Possession football with not many goals. Both games against Swansea went under 2.5 and Liverpool when away to Swansea was also under 2.5. Under 2.5 Goals @ 2.2 - 5 points 1-1 - 2 points

We are just the type of team to put in a lacklusture performance at Oldham on Sunday yet win at Arsenal.
I agree. I don't think Arsenal are that great shakes right now, any more so than Liverpool supposedly are. Years ago this would have been a pretty huge tie. Now it's reduced to a kind of B type situation between two sides of yester-year, both of whom have seen better days. I think with Arsenal they can make themselves look good against far weaker opponents, but they're far too inconsistent. And I expect Rodgers will demand a response from Sunday. I'd have to say at the minute there is some slight value around taking Liverpool on a positive handicap, as both sides are pretty equal, and I expect the tie to be pretty tight. Tight margins, but whichever way you go, you'd really want the draw on your side as I still believe both sides would rather draw than lose. The big club mentality may take over where they are still viewed as two of the biggest clubs in England, and we know how much Liverpool put into these big clashes.

Re: Arsenal v Liverpool > Wed 30th January Looking at the bet365 bets like ; Win 1st Half WIn 2nd Half Win Both Halves Score both halves More 2nd half goals etc etc Liverpool have the highest negative goal difference between 1st and 2nd halves. Their away games have produced 21 1st half goals and 15 second half. By itself this is a pretty unusual stat, as most games have more 2nd half than 1st half goals. For some reason , Liverpool are very poor in away 1st half games. They have lost 7 of 11 1st halves, which is very poor for a team with big aspirations. Only 3 permier league teams have conceded more 1st half goals (Saints 14, Norwich 14, Fulham 14 and then Liverpool with 12). These three teams also share the 7 losses in the 1st half record with Liverpool. Liverpool have two wins in 11 1st halves away from home which is below average for the EPL. To put this in perspective, QPR have won 2 1st halves away, but have only lost 2 1st halves. Arsenal at home score plenty of 1st half goals. They have 13 goals , and are only topped by Chelsea with 15. Arsenal have lost 1 1st half at home this season (0-2 to Man City) out of 11 games. This game kind of reminds me of the SPurs v Liverpool game. Spurs all over them , and then faded in the second half as Liverpool got stronger. SO I think Arsenal come out strong and win the 1st half. You can get 7/4 for this on bet365 If you go for Arsenal to win the 1st half and the game to end in a draw you get 12-1 on bet365 which also looks very good.

Re: Arsenal v Liverpool > Wed 30th January For this game i am divided between two bets: Arsenal -1 3.10 bet 365 and Arsenal & over 2,5 3.00 bet365. I think Liverpool are very inconsistent side, they have poor away form this season and before few days they lost from Oldham in FA cup. This is blow on ambitions of the club. This is not the best way to enter in a game like this. Arsenal are very high-scoring team at home but not so good in defence and i think there will be plenty of goals.