Humana Challenge (PGA Tour) 17th-20th Jan

BillyHills

Top English Player 2pts David Lynn (7/2 Ladbrokes) Only four English players tee off for this event and I reckon the favourite Ross Fisher is worth opposing with something, he only played in the US twice last year and shot well over par on both occasions, trying his hand in the States this season and will be interesting to see how he gets on. Of the others Brian Davis is out of form missing cuts lately and never done well here while Greg Owen if anything is in even worse form and cant be backed at the moment. This leaves David Lynn by default, he also is playing on the PGA tour this season and i'm sure his second place behind McIlroy in the PGA last season has given him the boost he needed to give it a whirl, he's always been pretty consistent if not flash and the odds are worth a nibble in this field although i do admit he may need an event or two to get going which i think is built into the price. http://www.oddschecker.com/golf/humana-challenge/humana-challenge/top-englishman screenshot20130115at004.png

Re: Humana Challenge (PGA Tour) 17th-20th Jan Hi there nice post I like your thinking I may have a nibble but with a lay of Ross Fishe I would prefer if Betfair get there finger out a do a book on this although not sure what the liquidiality will be on this type of bet to lay off if and when poss. Just a thought Ladbrokes also doing a book on top GB and Ireland with the same runners + Martin Laird odds slightly more juicy 11/2 on Lynn? Joe

Re: Humana Challenge (PGA Tour) 17th-20th Jan Top Australian Player 2pts John Senden 7/2 Skybet Much bigger at Skybet so has to be taken (only 5/2 in places). Played well last week with 4 rounds under par to finish 26th and likes this place finishing in the top 10 four times. Danger in the betting is Ogilvy who apart from the HSBC in November where he finished down the field, his last PGA event was back in September and only had one top ten finish last season.

Re: Humana Challenge (PGA Tour) 17th-20th Jan I have opted for David Lynn too mate as top Englishman - I have taken the 9/2 with Skybet - small stakes only should only be a 2 horse race with Ross Fisher and at 9/2 i think worth a small nibble. Good luck with the John Senden bet - bit too many runners for my liking. Joe

Re: Humana Challenge (PGA Tour) 17th-20th Jan Tournament preview: 1pt ew J.Senden to win Humana Challenge 50/1 Bet365 John Senden has a decent record in this tournament with four top 10’s in all including a sixth placed finish here last year and that record would have been even better had it not been for some poor final rounds at times. Senden is straight off the tee and finds a lot of greens and when his putting is on song he can score heavily, as he’s proven here down the years having been under par in 40 of the 53 rounds he’s played here. He seems to enjoy these courses and at 50/1 he’s a fair price to go well this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/humana-challenge-betting-john-senden-can-go-well-in-a-tournament-he-has-a-strong-record-in

Re: Humana Challenge (PGA Tour) 17th-20th Jan *Russell Henley > 0.5 Points e/w @ 40/1 Paddy Power (1/4, 5 Places)* I am not sure if the bookies are taking this guy seriously enough after last week's performance, he was simply unbelievable. He dominated the Sony Open last week shooting -24, the lowest score in the tournament's history by 4 shots. It was also the second-lowest score for a 72 hole tournament in PGA Tour history. Reading some of his interviews, he is extremely excited, and eager to get back out onto that golf course. One thing that was superb last week was his putting, he hardly missed anything, even the 10-12 footers were dropping right in the middle, and if he can putt like that again this weekend, I think he can really make a huge mark on the PGA tour this year. He absolutely smashes the ball off the tee, never holds back, which shows the confidence in his game. And when the pressure came on in the final round, he didn't panic, and showed the sign of a man with a lot of bottle. There is a chance that last week's excursions could have taken a lot of of him, but I do think 40/1 is a bit overpriced for the way he played last week.

Re: Humana Challenge (PGA Tour) 17th-20th Jan Updating the season so far: Year to Date 40-100 Picks: -5.5pts Other Picks: -3.5pts Humana Challenge is always an interesting event due it's pro-am nature. A few players at interesting odds but going to stick to the one here: 4pts Pat Perez @ 50 Betfair (40-100 Pick) Perez won this event a few years ago and I thought he should have come close again last year (Shot a 73 on the easiest course and still finished on -17). He's also had a few good results in other pro-ams so I think he enjoys the easier pin locations and can adjust to the slower nature of these events. Performed well for the first 54 holes last week.

Re: Humana Challenge (PGA Tour) 17th-20th Jan Nice start one of the lead for you Aidymac I have my fingers crossed for you - he is down to 10/1 on Betfair so maybe worth a lay for your stake back at least. [TABLE]

[TR=class: tourLBMyLBPlayerRow] [TD=class: tourLBPostd]T48[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBMovtd] [/TD] [TD=class: tourLBRanktd tourLBFEC4]105[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBFlagtd]ENG.gif[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBMyLBPlayertd lbPlayerNameMyLB_21753]Brian Davis (NP)[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBTotaltd tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false]-4[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBThrutd tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false]F*[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBRndtd tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false]-4[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBColortd tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false] [/TD] [TD=class: tourLBInfotd tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false]info[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBRStd1 tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false]68[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBRStd2 tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false] [/TD] [TD=class: tourLBRStd3 tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false] [/TD] [TD=class: tourLBRStd4 tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false] [/TD] [TD=class: tourLBStrokestd tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false]68[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE] [TR=class: tourLBMyLBPlayerRow] [TD=class: tourLBPintd]minus_MyLB_pin.gif[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBPostd]T66[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBMovtd] [/TD] [TD=class: tourLBRanktd tourLBFEC4]122[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBFlagtd]ENG.gif[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBMyLBPlayertd lbPlayerNameMyLB_21099]David Lynn (NP)[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBTotaltd tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false]-3[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBThrutd tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false]F[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBRndtd tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false]-3[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBColortd tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false] [/TD] [TD=class: tourLBInfotd tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false]info[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBRStd1 tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false]69[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBRStd2 tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false] [/TD] [TD=class: tourLBRStd3 tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false] [/TD] [TD=class: tourLBRStd4 tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false] [/TD] [TD=class: tourLBStrokestd tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false]69[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE] [TR=class: tourLBMyLBPlayerRow] [TD=class: tourLBPintd]minus_MyLB_pin.gif[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBPostd]T122[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBMovtd] [/TD] [TD=class: tourLBRanktd tourLBFEC5]136[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBFlagtd]ENG.gif[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBMyLBPlayertd lbPlayerNameMyLB_20691]Greg Owen (LQ)[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBTotaltd tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false]E[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBThrutd tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false]F*[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBRndtd tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false]E[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBColortd tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false] [/TD] [TD=class: tourLBInfotd tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false]info[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBRStd1 tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false]72[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBRStd2 tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false] [/TD] [TD=class: tourLBRStd3 tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false] [/TD] [TD=class: tourLBRStd4 tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false] [/TD] [TD=class: tourLBStrokestd tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false]72[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE] [TR=class: tourLBMyLBPlayerRow] [TD=class: tourLBPintd]minus_MyLB_pin.gif[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBPostd]T144[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBMovtd] [/TD] [TD=class: tourLBRanktd tourLBFEC5]136[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBFlagtd]ENG.gif[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBMyLBPlayertd lbPlayerNameMyLB_27896]Ross Fisher (LQ)[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBTotaltd tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false]2[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBThrutd tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false]F[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBRndtd tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false]2[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBColortd tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false] [/TD] [TD=class: tourLBInfotd tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false]info[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBRStd1 tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false]74[/TD] [TD=class: tourLBRStd2 tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false] [/TD] [TD=class: tourLBRStd3 tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false] [/TD] [TD=class: tourLBRStd4 tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false] [/TD] [TD=class: tourLBStrokestd tourLBMyLBCellBorderBottom_false]74 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Nice start from our man David Lynn 5 in front of fisher who I thought would be his biggest threat - long way to go hopefully Fisher and Owen will no make the cut to make it a two man field for Billy Hills and Me!