Sony Open > 10th Jan - 13th Jan

Aidymac

Re: Sony Open > 10th Jan - 13th Jan *John Huh > 2 Points e/w @ 50/1 Bet365 (1/4, 5 places)* This is a very promising 22 year old, that has adapted very well to the PGA Tour already. He was the Rookie Of The Year 2012, deservedly, after beating Robert Allenby in a play-off in the Mayakoba Classic. He finished an amazing 28th on the Money List in his rookie year which was unbelievable, and there is certainly more to come. He played ok this week in Hawaii already, finishing -1 in what was a very unorganised messy week of golf and at 50/1 he is definately worth a bet here for me. *Jimmy Walker > 2 Points e/w @ 75/1 Bet365 (1/4, 5 places)* Really surprised this guy is yet to win on tour, because he is a top quality player. He finished 21st in the PGA Championship last year which was a very good showing, and he has placed at big prices in the past, he has just yet to find that little bit of luck to take him that step further. He is very accurate off the tee, and a mighty putter, sometimes it is his long irons that lets him down, but overall he has a terrific game. He had 6 Top 10 finishes last season, including two 4th place finishes, and at 75/1, at this time of year, he is worth a bet. *Marc Leishman > 2 Points e/w @ 100/1 Sportingbet (1/4, 5 places)* Big price for a guy that has 8 professional wins to his name, albeit only 1 on the PGA Tour. He is still only 29 though, and in 2009 he won the Rookie of The Year award. He won The Travelers Championship last year after 96 events without success, and showed huge spirit that final round, scoring a 62, coming from 6 shots back to win, so clearly has bottle. At the price, worth an e/w bet.

Re: Sony Open > 10th Jan - 13th Jan Best of luck Aidy, apparently there is a flu bug going round the players in Hawaii so fingers crossed none of our selections get struck down. Mark Wilson 2pts win @ 70.00 Betfair As Crouch said last week the first ten weeks of the season are the time to back Wilson as that's when all his five tour wins have come. An encouraging 11th in Maui he closed with a three under par round to send him to the Sony Open in good heart. This course suits Wilson's game as he showed when winning the title two years ago, it's a shotmakers course with little need for length off the tee and he is a proven winner on bermuda greens. Michael Thompson 2pts win @ 150.00 Betfair Thompson finished 6th here last year which was one of three top tens in the season, his best finish coming at the US Open where he was hugely impressive in finishing second. Olympic also had bermuda greens and like Waialae it was a course that placed an emphasis on leaving the ball in the right place on hard to hit greens. There's also obvious similarities between Waialae and Harbour Town and Thompson had an encouraging 20th place there. He finished last season with 13th at the JT Shriners and then 10th place in the McGladrey, a tournament where he struck the ball like a dream but putted like a drain.

Re: Sony Open > 10th Jan - 13th Jan Tournament preview: 1pt ew T.Clark to win Sony Open 22/1 Skybet (1/4 1-5) One man who does is Tim Clark. He is a very accurate driver of a golf ball and what he lacks in distance he more than makes up for in accuracy and he’s up there with the better putters going around today too. Clark was runner up in his last outing here two years ago and he was a runner up on the PGA Tour last season to show he’s lost none of his form despite the injuries he’s had since then. Clark plays well in the wind and at 22/1 looks a good each way punt to me this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sony-open-betting-tim-clark-can-hunt-down-the-title-at-waialae-this-week

Re: Sony Open > 10th Jan - 13th Jan Top European 4pts C.Pettersson 5/4 Ladbrokes 1pt C.Pettersson outright 20/1 Ladbrokes Finished 5th in this in 2010 and bettered that with 2nd here last year after two superb opening rounds. He 'warmed' up for this event with a decent 7th last week and although i wasnt that keen on backing any players from that event this week the European contingent look fairly weak with just 8 runners. He looks the class act in the party and is only 20/1 to win the event.

Re: Sony Open > 10th Jan - 13th Jan colt knost at 150 to 1 for first round leader will do for me.shot low round here previously and may just be someone who comes out the blocks early this season.not too sure if he has the stamina to win the tournament but can certainly see him figuring in the opening round.3 others at shorter prices who i think will go well are brendon de jonge,rory sabatinni and carl peterson who have all performed well here before though last weeks tournament may have taken a bit more out of peterson due to the late finnish.

Re: Sony Open > 10th Jan - 13th Jan With 54 holes played on Monday-Tuesday I just can't bring myself to back anyone from the Tournament of Champions. I'd have liked to gone again on Wilson but 50's seems a bit too short for me given he was twice that last week. In terms of the profile, I agree with Aidy that John Huh would have been perfect. However, gut says both have played too much, so will risk leaving them out. To update last week's bets, both failed, but still plenty of time to turn it around. Year to Date 40-100 Picks: -3pts Other Picks: -1pt Onto this weeks picks: 2.5pts Matt Every @ 90 Betfair (40-100 Pick) Every had the 36 hole here last year and tied the 54 hole lead. He came close in the Texas Valero as well and for mine is the type of person who could really be primed for a big year. 1pt Michael Thompson @ 130 Betfair As Dougal said he had a great result in this event last year and his an excellent putter. His 2nd in the US Open further underlines his credentials on courses that place a premium on accuracy off the tee. 1pt Colt Knost @ 310 Betfair Knost is woefully short off the tee so it is no surprise his two good results last year came on short courses. Having ranked 17th in driving accuracy it's clear his strength is short courses with hard to hit fairways and this is exactly what we have this week. 0.5pts Jeff Maggert @ 320 Betfair Maggert was the person Every shared the 54 hole lead with last year and actually started last year very well as he finished 5th the next week. I'm taking a sly stab at him repeating his hot start to 2012.

Re: Sony Open > 10th Jan - 13th Jan Anyone thinking of getting on Tim Clark he is currently 22/1 with paddypower but in their insure bet market ( money back wih top 5 finish) he is also 22/1. Usually the price would be around 13/1 or 14/1 on insurebet, if the price on the outright market is 22/1

Re: Sony Open > 10th Jan - 13th Jan Davis Love 99/1 1pt - Some good form figures including 9th 2011 5th 2010 and 3rd 2003. Being a links course which davis loves winning the heritage and at pebble beach aswell as some good open scores, its on bermuda grass i know that atleast his two international wins were both on bermuda. All that and his decent par 4 stats and a good finish to 2012 think davis has a good chance. Also worth noting for the last 16 years the winner has been over 30 Chad Campbell 139/1 1pt - 3 of 4 of chads wins have been on bermuda at annadale, bay hill and cypress creek. Has finished 13th 8th 10th and 2nd here before a 4th at the wyndham and 7th at mcgladrey towards the end of last year and a 3rd at the fed ex another bermuda course means he can still play. also 43rd on gir last year. Boo Weekley 229/1 1pt - Boo has a great fit for the course 4th in gir and 41st in accuracy last year. Some decent results here both his wins have been at links course harbour town similar course to this . Finished 9th at the greenbrier his last apperance there which is also a seth raynor course. Also finished off his 2012 with a 5th at the childrens miricale network. John Huh 55/1 2pt 1pt 75/1 1st round leader 1pt - For reasons others have stated also the mayakoba is a very good tournament to go on and huh won it. Also has very good game for the course, had him first round leader is that he has a slight tendency to do better in the first do and has some very good opening rounds of 64 (farmers) 66 (shell) and 63 (jt shriner) and i think he will still be in playing mood with just the days rest from the hyundai and may pass it over, just hope he doesnt fizzle out .

Re: Sony Open > 10th Jan - 13th Jan going to go back in for colt knost at 250 to 1 with corals for four places a quarter each way as i dont think seven shots back is impossible to claw back.seemed a little unlucky on the greens yesterday with a few putts rolling up to the hole but not dropping though did have one 32 footer for a birdie on hole 9.so 60 odd to 1 for fourth place is in my opinion too good a chance to pass up.here shoping he gets into a good rhythm early and he puts himself in contention going into the final two rounds.

Re: Sony Open > 10th Jan - 13th Jan aw well a bit dissapointing show from mr knost,unable to make the cut but never mind im going to try and have an each way saver on vijay singh fifth of the odds 4 places at 50s.hopefully the big mans experience can put him in a decent position after the third round as there appears to be a few inexperienced guys near the top of the leaderboard at present and not too many familliar big names round about.