Newcastle United v Everton > Wed 2nd January

Aidymac

Re: Newcastle United v Everton > Wed 2nd January Watched the Everton Chelsea game. I thought Everton were brilliant. They took Chelsea to pieces in the 1st half. Ashley Cole was caught wondering upfield for the 1st goal. Down the left side Pienaar and Banes tore Chelsea a new A_ hole. Everton were ridiculously unlucky not to go 2 - 0 hitting the post from the free kick. Two smash and grab goals from Chelsea and they win the game. One completely against the run of play (1st goal). This is a very good Everton team, but they are screaming out for a 20 goal-a-season Striker. They have that and they would have another 6 - 8 points for the season so far. Looking at a draw here 1-1 ------ 11/2 on bet365 2-2 ------ 11/1 on bet 365

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Newcastle United v Everton > Wed 2nd January If this back 4 plays as expected... They have not lost this season Coleman Jagielka Distan Baines(coleman being the only 100% not to be there, but the vibes are he will play) Fellani will play, with Jelavic. Up front Its all about who they play in midfield with EFC, you know 2 of them, Osman, Pienaar, ...The other two will be the diffrence between the two sides IMO and how they play them...If Mirallas turns up, and stays on the pitch for 90 mins...Newcastle wont be able to cope with it coming down both sides. IMO you have to wait until the team news, from both camps....BA n Simpson, whats happening there? Impossible to call this until then..

Re: Newcastle United v Everton > Wed 2nd January Injuries and suspensions Newcastle Utd v Everton FC Newcastle Utd: Simpson (16/0 d), Ben Arfa (13/3 m), S. Taylor (11/0 d), Cabaye (10/2 m), Anita (16/0 m), Gosling (0/0 m), Gutierrez (17/0 m), R. Taylor (1/0 d), Vuckic (0/0 m) Everton FC: Coleman (12/0 m), Mirallas (11/1 f), Hibbert (5/0 d), Gibson (9/0 m), Neville (13/0 m) (doubtful)

Re: Newcastle United v Everton > Wed 2nd January Everton @ 2.35 sportsbet Newcastle have won 2 and lost 8 of their last 10 EPL games, as the team is in crisis, and not sure if Ba will play given all the transfer talk surrounding him - he may be signing somewhere else by the time this game is played. They have allowed at least two goals in 7 of these 8 defeats, and are coming off allowing 4 goals to Man Utd and 7 goals to Arsenal. Everton, on the contrary, have been unlucky as they should have had got more in their 2-1 loss at home to Chelsea, and expect MOyes to have them fired up to make up for it here. Though they concede goals, they have scored at least two goals in 3 of their last 5 games, and like them to edge this one, as they are a team in form, whiel Newcastle are looking for answers, but Pardew does not have any for them

Newcastle up to 3.3 :loon Everton are fast becoming a huge public bet here... It reminds me of the reverse fixture at Goodison. Newcastle had lots of injuries then, and Everton threw it away. Will they make the same mistake twice? It's a LAY of Everton @ 2.36 for me. Also, Everton to be winning at HT, and draw at FT @ 17 - StanJames. Bit of a long shot here but Everton have pretty good form for throwing away winning positions.

Re: Newcastle United v Everton > Wed 2nd January I'm going to back BTTS @1.53, due to... -Everton have scored in their last 17 league games, the best run in the Premier League this season. - Newcastle have conceded 11 goals in their last two league games. - Everton had more headed shots in 2012 than any other Premier League side (114). - Newcastle have conceded more headed goals (11) than any other team while only Man Utd have scored more than Everton (9). - But the Toffees have also conceded in each of their last 15, a Premier League high this season.

Re: Newcastle United v Everton > Wed 2nd January heard the team will be Howard, Neville, Distin, Jags, Baines, Osman, Fellaini, Hitz, Pienaar, Anichebe, Jelavic When Ba came on in the reverse fixture at half-time it completely changed the game as he caused us a lot of problems, interesting to see if he's playing.

Re: Newcastle United v Everton > Wed 2nd January

heard the team will be Howard, Neville, Distin, Jags, Baines, Osman, Fellaini, Hitz, Pienaar, Anichebe, Jelavic When Ba came on in the reverse fixture at half-time it completely changed the game as he caused us a lot of problems, interesting to see if he's playing.
I would be surprised if Coleman aint playing, by all accounts he is ready. In that formation Anichebe would be out wide right, mid ...He may do a job there, has the pace and beef to do damage,,,Better pick than naysmith IMO. As ever tho, you never know with Moyes, will wait till 7pm...

Re: Newcastle United v Everton > Wed 2nd January David Moyes confirmed at his pre-match press conference that Darron Gibson is expected to be absent for up to a month with a thigh strain. Tony Hibbert is definitely out following calf surgery last month, although Marouane Fellaini is available again after serving his three-match suspension. It remains to be seen whether Phil Neville, Seamus Coleman and Kevin Mirallas will be fit enough to return after their respective stints on the sidelines. Alan Pardew will be able to call upon centre-half Mike Williamson who returns after completing his one-match ban against Arsenal. However, right-back Danny Simpson will not play after breaking his toe against the Gunners. Midfielder Yohan Cabaye and defender Steven Taylor are back in training, though neither are fit enough for a return to competitive first-team action.

Re: Newcastle United v Everton > Wed 2nd January Newcastle United Last outing: 3-7 (a) Arsenal, 29 December 2012 Last six: LLLWLL Newcastle find themselves lower in the league than expected at just past the halfway stage of the season and heading into Wednesday’s game they sit just two points above the drop zone. The Magpies have lost 50 percent of their Premier League matches in 2012/13 and have conceded 11 goals in their last two outings against Manchester United and Arsenal. However, last time out at St James’ Park they secured a narrow 1-0 win against Queens Park Rangers. Everton Last outing: 1-2 (h) Chelsea, 30 December 2012 Last six: DWDWWL Everton will be aiming to start another unbeaten run after their seven-match sequence without defeat came to an end on Sunday against Chelsea. At present, the Toffees are placed sixth in the Premier League table and a win on Wednesday would put David Moyes’ side within two points of the Champions League qualification positions.

Re: Newcastle United v Everton > Wed 2nd January 1) Everton have hit the frame of the goal 17 times in the Premier League this season, more than any other team. 2) In the eight previous meetings between David Moyes and Alan Pardew, Moyes has won on four occasions and suffered defeat just twice. 3) In the last four matches between the clubs, both teams have scored at least once. There has only been one goalless draw in the last 29 meetings. Referee: M Atkinson Assistant Referee: S Burt Assistant Referee: A Halliday Fourth Official: A Taylor

Thanks for this, its something I'll keep an eye on, according to my records, the conversion rates for this game; NEWCASTLE - HOME Shots per goal - 12.8 Shots on target per goal - 5.8 EVERTON -AWAY Shots per goal 10.4 Shots on target per goal - 5.9 pretty neutral?
Where do you have such stats from?

Re: Newcastle United v Everton > Wed 2nd January Referee: M Atkinson Assistant Referee: S Burt Assistant Referee: A Halliday Fourth Official: A Taylor I put this up for a reason...This MA gives out yellow cards, like free tickets into clubs in Ibiza... Averaging right on 4 a game, the over 20 points (10 points yellow, 25 points red) at 2/7..Is manna from heaven..Given the choice between backing this or Chelsea, I know in my mind which is IMO guranteed. Ive already backed it as I see this as Free money..Given both sides diciplinary records.

Re: Newcastle United v Everton > Wed 2nd January I've backed Everton in my PL Tipsters comp today. They are consistently putting in good performances, but having either bad luck, late concentration lapses or conceding poor goals from a defensive point of view at exactly the wrong times. They were excellent against Chelsea last time out and have consistently performed very well all season, surely an avalanche of goals and a deserved hammering of someone is coming soon. Newcastle on the other hand, seemed to have lost all the good features of their performances last season which saw them over-achieve with on paper what is a decent first XI, but a mediocre looking squad. They can't seem to defend for their lives and suffer particularly against pace, of which the likes of Pienaar have plenty. Its strange how sods law does this to managers and teams not long after they have just extended long term contracts (8 years I believe). I fancy Everton to sneak the away win by the odd goal, 2-1 or 1-0 perhaps especially with Ba's recent speculation and Cisse lacking confidence through his entire game, perhaps both teams not to score would be a cheeky low staking option.

BBC are reporting that Chelsea have triggered Ba's release clause and he won't be playing tonight' date=' which I would say significantly weakens Newcastle.[/quote'] If he aint playing, That does make a huge diffrence...will wait for teams

Re: Newcastle United v Everton > Wed 2nd January "Newcastle United can confirm that Chelsea Football Club has made an official offer for Demba Ba which has triggered the release clause in the player's contract. The Club has given the player permission to speak to Chelsea FC and therefore he will not be included in the squad for tonight's game against Everton." http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130102/club-statement-demba-ba_2281670_3024928

Everton to beat Newcastle 2.16 @ Betfair - Newcastle will be without Demba Ba tonight according to BBC Sport and for me that makes a big difference. Ba has scored exactly half of Newcastle's premier league goals this season (13/26). Newcastle have been woeful defensively in their last 2 games against Man Utd and Arsenal conceding 11 goals in the process. They looked very tired in the final 20 minutes of the Arsenal game and they could have got 10 in all honesty. Everton welcome back Fellaini from his suspension which is a big plus for the Toffees. They played well against Chelsea and were a bit unfortunate to not come away with a point in the end. Everton are a very organised side and I think Newcastle will find it difficult to score more than 1 goal tonight particularly considering Ba isn't playing and Cisse hasn't hit top form this season. I don't think this will be an easy game for Everton but I think they will edge it 2-1. Good Luck all Sent from my iPhone using PL Forum app

Re: Newcastle United v Everton > Wed 2nd January I'm gonna go with Jelavic first goalscorer simply because he is seriously capable of scoring goals against anyone, he is most definitely due a goal and against this seriously weak Newcastle side which is letting in goals like there's no tomorrow, it seems like the time for him to get one. 5/1 with Betfred with their Double Delight (odds double) and Hattrick Heaven (odds triple) bonus.

Re: Newcastle United v Everton > Wed 2nd January I agree Ba being out and probably leaving will possibly provide Cisse a boost. He'll may well feel top dog again now, and confidence is obviously a massive deal for strikers. I see a fairly open game tonight but with home advantage can see Newcastle scoring against a strong Everton side. Cisse to score anytime: 12/5 with Stanjames.