Liverpool v Sunderland > Wed 2nd January

Aidymac

Re: Liverpool v Sunderland > Wed 2nd January Good win for Pool yesterday but QPR were horrific, watched the first half and I was shocked how poor they were. They could never get close to the Liverpool players or the ball. However Sunderland are a tougher test and defensively more solid. Right now Im looking at the asian handicaps and Sunderland +1 (2.58) +1.25 (2.18) and +1.5 (1.88) look way too big to me. Sunderlands form has def improved and they have moved away from the relegation zone, they can dig in and play on the counter in these type of matches, typical O'Neill style. Id like to see more opinions on this one..

I want to say Liverpool are too short but they'll probably be very dominant here, and it comes down to whether they can convert some or any of their chances. I'm struggling to see an avenue here as goals, when looking at Liverpool games, usually depend on such a thin variant that it just makes it so hard to call. It's hard to know whether Liverpool will turn up and convert their chances, or whether Sunderland will dig in and stifle them. One I probably like here is Liverpool - ??? Asian Corner Handicap. They usually do pretty well on corners, and coming up against a side like Sunderland I'd expect them to win a fair few. It'll probably be -4 or -5.

Re: Liverpool v Sunderland > Wed 2nd January for me whenever a pool.win is lower priced then suarez to score the homewin is not value. sunderland will make life hard for them. then with enrique out they will have soke changes suarez to score for me. his injury problems seem to not influence him at all. maybe under 2,5. sunderland didnt create much last time out.

Re: Liverpool v Sunderland > Wed 2nd January I think Sunderland to win at 9.5 (William Hill) is good value. Sunderland beat the champions only last week, and Liverpool have already lost at home to Villa and Swansea (as well as Man Utd, Arsenal and Udinese) this season.

Re: Liverpool v Sunderland > Wed 2nd January We have won 4 out of 6, only Manchester United boast a better record. We are inconsistant, however I can see us picking up the 3 points. Jose Enrique will miss this one due to injury so expect Stewart Downing to play at left back. We dominated from the start against QPR with our captain now starting to put his early poor season form behind him being influential in the last few games. Add to this Luis Suarez's form and you have a good recipe for 3 points. I know that Sunderland have improved of late, however I see them as a much better side on their home patch. They have not scored many goals this season and could struggle to create at Anfield, especially if Lucas and Gerrard are playing at DM again due to how effective they were against QPR. My Picks: Under 2.5 Goals - Ladbrokes 2.1 Luis Suarez to score 1st goal - 4.33 Coral

Re: Liverpool v Sunderland > Wed 2nd January at 1.5 for LFC is criminal.... Once in 2012 they won two EPL games on the bounce...Enough said, for a team with such a bad stat. Laying LFC is the way to go here,,,Your getting 2/1 for 2 results your way, Only the bookies will tell you LFC are good things here, and please dont go on about that 1st haf at qpr the other day, my 10 points for a profit of 20 points....2/1 gl

Re: Liverpool v Sunderland > Wed 2nd January Liverpool have 5 clean sheets in their last 7 home games but Sunderland have scored in each of their last 5 away games, though they lost 3 of these game. Favouring the under here, as they have gone under in their last 4 meetings, but got hammered yesterday when i expected most of the games to go under, when only one did.

Re: Liverpool v Sunderland > Wed 2nd January

at 1.5 for LFC is criminal.... Once in 2012 they won two EPL games on the bounce...Enough said, for a team with such a bad stat. Laying LFC is the way to go here,,,Your getting 2/1 for 2 results your way, Only the bookies will tell you LFC are good things here, and please dont go on about that 1st haf at qpr the other day, my 10 points for a profit of 20 points....2/1 gl
I still am not swayed from this, But I would like to add that of all the teams in the Prem, There is no team under pressure at home to produce a PERFORMANCE like LFC, even if they win 1-0, The supporters are on their backs. That is why IMO they will be always be a lay at home when odds on, more often than not they will freeze. Also the anfield of old is not there, when the likes of Sunderland come the crowd dont influence that much, YNWA plays but after that it could be a reserve game with the amount of noise you get. Fulham was a one off, as they were so bad that day, It was embarrasing, QPR rolled over for them in the first half...Somehow i dont see Sunderland doing it. Last 5 meetings,,,,,3 draws 1 win a piece. Are LFC 1.5 material? GL all

Re: Liverpool v Sunderland > Wed 2nd January I'm going to back Under 2.5 @2.00 due to... - Each of the last four meetings between Liverpool and Sunderland have gone under 2.5 goals. - The Reds have hit more shots off target than any other team this season, 165. - Sunderland kept 15 clean sheets in the Premier League in 2012, only Man City (17) kept more.

I'm going to back Under 2.5 @2.00 due to... - Each of the last four meetings between Liverpool and Sunderland have gone under 2.5 goals. - The Reds have hit more shots off target than any other team this season, 165. - Sunderland kept 15 clean sheets in the Premier League in 2012, only Man City (17) kept more.
Yeah you have to go back a few years to find the 2-2.. Small on BTTS, and even smaller on 1-1, might be a good shout

Re: Liverpool v Sunderland > Wed 2nd January I can understand people going under 2.5 goals for historical reasons but last five homes Liverpool averaging 2.8 goals a game and last five aways Sunderland averaging 3. If there's any value here at all its in thinking Liverpool just aren't good enough and sunderland arent bad enough to warrant 1.44 and 9.5 respectively. Liverpool lay for me. Good luck.

Re: Liverpool v Sunderland > Wed 2nd January Liverpool defender Jose Enrique will miss the visit of Sunderland with a hamstring injury. Winger Stewart Downing, who has filled in at left-back previously, may be asked to provide cover again. Illness has been sweeping through the camp but the club are confident of keeping infection down to a minimum after midfielder Jordan Henderson and back-up goalkeeper Brad Jones were affected prior to Sunday's win over QPR. Sunderland manager Martin O'Neill will be without defender John O'Shea for the trip to Liverpool. The Republic of Ireland international damaged a hamstring during Saturday's 2-1 home defeat by Tottenham, in which he had earlier given the Black Cats the lead, and is ruled out. Full-back Danny Rose returns to the squad after being ineligible against his parent club, but skipper Lee Cattermole and central defender Wes Brown (both knee) remain on the sidelines. Liverpool have won only two of their last seven Premier League games against Sunderland, after winning each of the previous six. Each of the last four meetings between Liverpool and Sunderland have gone under 2.5 goals. Liverpool have won only six of their last 21 Premier League games in January. Liverpool have alternated a win and a loss in each of their last five games. If this run continues they will lose this match. The Reds have hit more shots off target than any other team this season, 165. Steven Gerrard is one of only two midfielders/forwards in the Premier League this season to play every minute of every game. Gerrard has scored in each of Liverpool’s last two games at Anfield. Luis Suarez has averaged 12.2 touches in the opposition box per game this season, no other player in the Premier League has more than 7.3. Only Man Utd (5) have won more of their last six Premier League games than Liverpool (4). Sunderland kept 15 clean sheets in the Premier League in 2012, only Man City (17) kept more.

Re: Liverpool v Sunderland > Wed 2nd January Probable Line-Ups: Reina; Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Downing; Gerrard, Lucas, Allen; Suso, Suarez, Sterling Mignolet; Gardner, Cuellar, Bramble, Kilgallon; Larsson, McClean, Colback, Johnson; Sessegnon; Fletcher

Re: Liverpool v Sunderland > Wed 2nd January Sunderland +1.5AH @ 2.01 (SBObet) 5/10 I think with news of Enrique's absence plus a possible virus spreading through the Liverpool squad, now is the time to go in, in case this news stops the continued drift on Sunderland. Liverpool are a silly price once more; I think this has already been covered. Although their performances have been strong when they have won games, Liverpool have shown a lack of consistency this season and just when you think they have turned the corner they fail to win a game they should win. Sunderland have the ability to stifle Liverpool, they aren't the best side in the world but they are playing better than they were a few games ago. They didn't impress me that much in the game against Spurs but in the previous two games their performances were strong and they were organised. I still rate O'Neill and I think despite a difficult season Sunderland would be mad to get rid of him. He seemed to have bought some time with those two 1-0 wins and Sunderland are now looking more like a mid-table side than a relegation threatened side, even though they are not completely out the woods yet. I know that Suarez will give me a heart attack in this game as he is an excellent player and always looks dangerous, but if Sunderland can keep out Tevez and Aguero then they have the ability to do the same with Suarez. All in all it's the same old story of the money being placed on Liverpool ensuring the bookies have to provide us with some value on Sunderland. I will keep opposing Liverpool in these games until they prove they can consistently win them.

Re: Liverpool v Sunderland > Wed 2nd January 5pts Liverpool (-5) corner Asian handicap Eves Bet365 Liverpool, on average over the course of the last 6 games at home, have had 11 corners a game. Sunderland on average over the course of the last 6 games away have had 5. I feel although this game has "Draw" written all over it, Liverpool will do there normal routine of dominating the game and I think Sunderland will look to counter. Especially away from home. So the stats, mixed with alot of attacking pressure on Liverpool's side favours me to this bet.

5pts Liverpool (-5) corner Asian handicap Eves Bet365 Liverpool, on average over the course of the last 6 games at home, have had 11 corners a game. Sunderland on average over the course of the last 6 games away have had 5. I feel although this game has "Draw" written all over it, Liverpool will do there normal routine of dominating the game and I think Sunderland will look to counter. Especially away from home. So the stats, mixed with alot of attacking pressure on Liverpool's side favours me to this bet.
I've taken the same bet :ok Good-luck :)

5pts Liverpool (-5) corner Asian handicap Eves Bet365 Liverpool, on average over the course of the last 6 games at home, have had 11 corners a game. Sunderland on average over the course of the last 6 games away have had 5
When looking at his kind of bet, I think it's important to look at how many corners a team concedes as well as wins.

Go AWAY TROLL!...FFS, I have always always laid LFC odds on at home(free money in the long run)..same as you lot away(arsenal) free money, in the long run...Even a blind squirral finds the occasional nut. If you back LFC at home consistantly at odds on...You aint made a profit in the last 3 years...Thats not hard to work out. Ill get back to you on Arsenal record away odds on,some other time.... Is this because i said Spurs are better than you lot at the moment?...Go and suck on your dummy. And stop Trolling me.
Rio, I like you, I think your intelligent. But trust me, you won't last here for much longer with that attitude. JdsGooner90, stop initiating arguments too. What time do I have to be here tomorrow at to spoonfeed ye and change yer nappies? Thread cleaned.. Again :lol