Manchester United v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 29th December

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Manchester United v West Bromwich Albion (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.32[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]13[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.07 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Manchester United v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 29th December time and time again manu is rescued by their frontline. valencia seemed to pick up form. I guess Vidic.will start again. But still this hungry west brom side will fancy their chances. You have to think that man u will slip up once. quiet possible that we will see again an open scoring game.. I might cover a punt on west brom with van persie to score.

Re: Manchester United v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 29th December Vidic might play which is abig + as he has the quality and calmess.. Evans is the week link beeing to nervous. Thus it destroys the whole balance with evra often out of position while rafael and smalling are no world beaters... Vidic can stabilize that. But he might not be in 100% form yet..

Re: Manchester United v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 29th December 1.31 Man utd, Given their very very leaky defence lately, Its only so many times you will get away with it, by finding the onion bag at the other end, No bet for me against a team, who can and just might score two here, Man Utd may run out of ideas to get past them. The 10/1 tho of Draw no bet WBA appeals at the price....October 2010, 2-2 scoreline, Man utd were 1/6 that day.

Re: Manchester United v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 29th December Looking at recent form I cant help but think BTTS is the best option here but I have a feeling Utd will keep a clean sheet That being said, there are a number of interesting bets given recent form, espicially with Wbrom not being too bad away from home either Wbrom/Draw - 13/2 Wbrom (+2.0) - 5/6 The handicap bet is really tempting me, just because United have been sneaking late goals recently and even if they were to bag a late winner it wouldnt matter, I cant see Wbrom rolling over and I anticipate a close game All of this being said I still worry that its too risky to call, the only thing is, if you call it right there could be a lot of money to be made... watch Utd win 5-0 now ;) aha

Re: Manchester United v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 29th December United to Win to Nill@ 2.30 I know this totally goes against statistics and recent performance, but I can stop thinking that it is just too uncommon and not appropriate for a team like United not to keep clean sheets at home. Let's face it - Newcastle scored 3 and had some other chances, but they were never really pressing against Man United, they just made wonderful use of the red devils' sloppiness and lack of concentration at the back. I bet that SAF has been really furious about the state of his defense and De Gea and the guys in front of him have got a lot of "Fergie Shower" after Wednesday. I think that considerable effort will be made for this game to keep concentration at the back very high and to achieve a clean sheet. Most likely Vidic will get a start, which should bring solidness to the defense. One game comes immediately to my mind in this context - the 1:0 win over West Ham. Before that, Man United had an unprecedented streak of ten games without a clean sheet. They scored in the first minute and when everybody was expecting a waterfall of goals, we saw a very conservative and cautious Man United who just grabbed a strategic 1:0 victory. Following the game with WH, the devils are once again in a long series without a clean sheet - precisely 6 games. As to WBA, they do score on the road, but not so much against the top sides. They played this season away with Arsenal (2:0) and Totenham (1:1) and as I managed to see both matches, I have found them extremely defensive. Against the gooners, I think WBA were really toothless up-front and did not get a decent chance for the whole game. The same story against Spurs - no threat coming from the visitors, not until the last five minutes of the game when they went "va bank" to seek for an equalizer and they created few good opportunities. In my opinion, this one has high probability of being something like a 2:0 home win. Anyway, the price for a United clean-sheet is just too tempting, and every unexpected series has got to stop somewhere.

Re: Manchester United v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 29th December

United to Win to Nill@ 2.30 I know this totally goes against statistics and recent performance, but I can stop thinking that it is just too uncommon and not appropriate for a team like United not to keep clean sheets at home. Let's face it - Newcastle scored 3 and had some other chances, but they were never really pressing against Man United, they just made wonderful use of the red devils' sloppiness and lack of concentration at the back. I bet that SAF has been really furious about the state of his defense and De Gea and the guys in front of him have got a lot of "Fergie Shower" after Wednesday. I think that considerable effort will be made for this game to keep concentration at the back very high and to achieve a clean sheet. Most likely Vidic will get a start, which should bring solidness to the defense. One game comes immediately to my mind in this context - the 1:0 win over West Ham. Before that, Man United had an unprecedented streak of ten games without a clean sheet. They scored in the first minute and when everybody was expecting a waterfall of goals, we saw a very conservative and cautious Man United who just grabbed a strategic 1:0 victory. Following the game with WH, the devils are once again in a long series without a clean sheet - precisely 6 games. As to WBA, they do score on the road, but not so much against the top sides. They played this season away with Arsenal (2:0) and Totenham (1:1) and as I managed to see both matches, I have found them extremely defensive. Against the gooners, I think WBA were really toothless up-front and did not get a decent chance for the whole game. The same story against Spurs - no threat coming from the visitors, not until the last five minutes of the game when they went "va bank" to seek for an equalizer and they created few good opportunities. In my opinion, this one has high probability of being something like a 2:0 home win. Anyway, the price for a United clean-sheet is just too tempting, and every unexpected series has got to stop somewhere.
Like you said, the price is too big... Good luck , mate !!!

Re: Manchester United v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 29th December There are many bad odds surounding this game who give no Value at all. Tough one guy is in top form. In absolute top form. Hernandez gives me much confidence to bet on him from the start. He is very fit and finally seems to click playing from the first minute. He gets into many positions and with another top performance he will be on the brink to be a regular. I feel West Brom will sit deep which suits Hernandez. Odds around evens are good for me as he is the hitman who converts. He also is fit enough to play 90 minutes while van persie is sometimes expected to be rested..

United to Win to Nill@ 2.30 I know this totally goes against statistics and recent performance, but I can stop thinking that it is just too uncommon and not appropriate for a team like United not to keep clean sheets at home. Let's face it - Newcastle scored 3 and had some other chances, but they were never really pressing against Man United, they just made wonderful use of the red devils' sloppiness and lack of concentration at the back. I bet that SAF has been really furious about the state of his defense and De Gea and the guys in front of him have got a lot of "Fergie Shower" after Wednesday. I think that considerable effort will be made for this game to keep concentration at the back very high and to achieve a clean sheet. Most likely Vidic will get a start, which should bring solidness to the defense. One game comes immediately to my mind in this context - the 1:0 win over West Ham. Before that, Man United had an unprecedented streak of ten games without a clean sheet. They scored in the first minute and when everybody was expecting a waterfall of goals, we saw a very conservative and cautious Man United who just grabbed a strategic 1:0 victory. Following the game with WH, the devils are once again in a long series without a clean sheet - precisely 6 games. As to WBA, they do score on the road, but not so much against the top sides. They played this season away with Arsenal (2:0) and Totenham (1:1) and as I managed to see both matches, I have found them extremely defensive. Against the gooners, I think WBA were really toothless up-front and did not get a decent chance for the whole game. The same story against Spurs - no threat coming from the visitors, not until the last five minutes of the game when they went "va bank" to seek for an equalizer and they created few good opportunities. In my opinion, this one has high probability of being something like a 2:0 home win. Anyway, the price for a United clean-sheet is just too tempting, and every unexpected series has got to stop somewhere.
sorry, mis-post

Re: Manchester United v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 29th December Alright lads, I've had pretty decent success posting my picks on this forum and will have quite a few plays this weekend. Whether I have a chance to write them all up or not is a different story, but I'll try as I have 4-5 strong plays for the weekend in the premier league. My first, and largest play will be on this game. My favorite bets are always situational plays, as I believe you need not only look at the sides and forms of each side, but the situation that may dictate the game and how each side will perform. And this game lines up for what I feel should be a very strong play. Manchester United survived a strong Boxing Day scare against a very game Newcastle side, and not once, not twice, but thrice came from behind to pull out a late show Chicharito winner. And if that wasn't enough, they were bolstered with even more good news as ManCity lost to Sunderland, and United was able to pull 7 points clear at the top of the table. Now they have another home game and host a decent WBA side. However, United holds one of the most dominant home field advantages in all of Europe. And this year is really no different with 8 home victories already, and only losing to Spurs (a side they've beat at OT for years), and outscoring their opposition 26-13 in 9 home matches. In all honesty, they are an extremely confident team at home, and play with much more possession and always out chance their opponents at OT. I see absolutely no reason that this game will be any different. West Brom is having a fine season, but they are a poor away side, 3-4-2, while being outscored 12-16. That's the nuts and bolts of it, but let's get a bit deeper into it. United will be without Rooney, Rafael, probably Kagawa, but, they are getting healthier. Further, more than likely you'd expect a return to the lineup of Vidic, who will probably spell Rio, maybe Evans. I would also expect a bit of a change in midfield as last game featured Scholes and Giggs, and I would definitely expect one or both to be rested. Now, what does that mean? Well, first of all you will have a true CB and not need rely on Johny Evans, who I feel is a nice player, but certainly not a first team center back. And, you will get much more pace in your lineup if you can get Cleverly, or even Jones out there, to spell Scholes who's lack of speed was sorely shown against Newcastle. Newcastle is a battered team, dealing with significant injuries, however, they feature two high quality strikers in Cisse and Ba. WBA have a few nice attacking players, but I hardly think they will be able to put anywhere near the pressure on the counter that Newcastle can (and did). And when they do build the attack, I think they will fine the going very tough - only worry is perhaps on a set piece. So, what does this long winded post lead to? Well, I think we will see an extremely comfortable United home win, as they see this as an excellent opportunity to put even more space between themselves and City. I do not at all see a slip up, as they were severely tested in their last match, and a fired up SAF will have his team at full alert, and they most certainly will not allow 3 goals again. WBA will not be able to contend with the United attack, and I do expect home goals. With all this said, I am laying a -1.5 handicap, as I see the most probable result being a United 2+ goal victory. I think they will do their best to keep a clean sheet, and this is the most potent attack in the premier league. They do not have any CL games on deck to have them rest players, and see no reason for them to thrash WBA. 3-0 United victory, send it in, and message me your thanks later.

Defensively they are weak. I do not have the stats, but the goals conceded this season from set pieces by United must be off the charts. Fergie keeps buying strikers, but United need a Central defender like 'oxygen'. Let Ferdinand and Vidic rotate, and find a strapping 6 foot 3 central defender. Boss the penalty spot, and handle big runners for the crossed ball ! To me Jonny Evans shows little or no improvement season after season. Physically he seems small, and damn clumsy .... I just cannot go near the win to nil, but am tempted to go with United win and under 3.5 goals which is 11/8 on bet365 and also wins a 2-1 result. 2 units here.

Defensively they are weak. I do not have the stats, but the goals conceded this season from set pieces by United must be off the charts. Fergie keeps buying strikers, but United need a Central defender like 'oxygen'. Let Ferdinand and Vidic rotate, and find a strapping 6 foot 3 central defender. Boss the penalty spot, and handle big runners for the crossed ball ! To me Jonny Evans shows little or no improvement season after season. Physically he seems small, and damn clumsy .... I just cannot go near the win to nil, but am tempted to go with United win and under 3.5 goals which is 11/8 on bet365 and also wins a 2-1 result. 2 units here.
I totally take your point, mate, but it is just that 2.30 is too big and tasty price to pass.

Vidic is that player! They just need Vidic fit again and the other defenders have a fixation point who does good deciscions. The question is if Vidic will play and who with him. Evens is just awfull. Ferdinand tough not as quick as he was but given that Ferdinand and Vidic know each other very well its the prefered partnership. The other question is if Vidic plays is he 100% fit which I doubt somewhat. To take a bet on Man U not to conceede I would wait 1-2 games with Vidic.

I totally take your point' date=' mate, but it is just that 2.30 is too big and tasty price to pass.[/quote'] Is it though? :unsure When you take into account the points made above 2.30 looks fair to me. The price has been adjusted and set just so that's its tempting enough. Similarly to under 2.5 goals when discussing United at OT, I'd personally want at least three. Currently the bookies are saying there's a 43% chance of them winning to nil. How many have they conceded this season? ....

Is it though? :unsure When you take into account the points made above 2.30 looks fair to me. The price has been adjusted and set just so that's its tempting enough. Similarly to under 2.5 goals when discussing United at OT, I'd personally want at least three. Currently the bookies are saying there's a 43% chance of them winning to nil. How many have they conceded this season? ....
True, but United are still a top team and WBA are still a mid-table team. I think that by definition in most leagues a top team should have at least 50% chance to keep a clean sheet against an average mid-table side, regardless of stats. And as I said, knowing WBA approach to these games, I don't think they will get that many chances up-front. Probably several good set-pieces, few dangerous counter-attacks, etc., but even if United defense is as sloppy as usual, there is still at least 50% chance that WBA won't get to materialize their expected several good chances.

True' date=' but United are still a top team and WBA are still a mid-table team. I think that by definition in most leagues a top team should have at least 50% chance to keep a clean sheet against an average mid-table side, regardless of stats. And as I said, knowing WBA approach to these games, I don't think they will get that many chances up-front. Probably several good set-pieces, few dangerous counter-attacks, etc., but even if United defense is as sloppy as usual, there is still at least 50% chance that WBA won't get to materialize their expected several good chances.[/quote'] Stoke scored two against United. I think it was then I really wrote their defence off :lol I wish you GL :ok

Re: Manchester United v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 29th December Man Utd -2 (EH) @ 3.00 sportsbet Man Utd have scored at least 3 goals in 4 of their last 5 games, and like them to continue their goalscoring form, since no matter if they are behind, they are relentless and continue to attack until they score. Though they have been conceding goals, they do have Vidic getting fitter, while Ferguson will probably feshen up the squad with this being the 3rd game in a week. As for West Brom, they are coming off a 2-1 home win over Norwich and a 2-1 road win over QPR but this is a much harder game for them, especially as they do not have the depth to keep up with Man Utd, and with doubts concerning their defenders Popov and Olsson, as well as Mulumbu in midfield, then they could be further weakened for this game. Would not be surprised that these players are rested and saved for a more winnable game at home to Fulham on Wednesday. West Brom have lost 2-0 at Arsenal and 3-1 at Swansea in their last two away games, and this is much harder here. Like Man Utd to put West Brom to the sword here

United to Win to Nill@ 2.30 ........ In my opinion, this one has high probability of being something like a 2:0 home win. Anyway, the price for a United clean-sheet is just too tempting, and every unexpected series has got to stop somewhere.
Not bad. :D Of course, luck was a little bit on my side, but you don't get 130% on your investment without some luck. Still, I am happy that I got very correct the attitude of United - for the whole second half they have been very cautious and conservative. I expect similar attitude on Tuesday and probably against West Ham next weekend. Afterwards, after United regains confidence in defense, we will be about see new goal fests from them. :D

Re: Manchester United v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 29th December How this team can be on top of prem league baffles me... Cant wait for the real CL tie where we will se goals galore and a Man U punished. Expecting scholes and gigs to start next game "overunning" opposition. But yeah as said. Return of Vidic is a big + . Still the problems in defense seem to be systemicly. The win to nil was good odds but very lucky!