Chelsea v Aston Villa > Sun 23rd December

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Chelsea v Aston Villa (16:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.33[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]10[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.39 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Chelsea v Aston Villa > Sun 23rd December Chelsea are inconsistent at the moment and in once again they are playing Sunderland around Christmas holidays. In 2006 this game ended 4-4 (was played on Boxing Day), on 2 January 2011 it ended 3-3, on 31 December 2011 Aston Villa won 3-1. Maybe it is a silly reasoning, but I guess goals look very likely here and Aston Villa will be motivated after their win against Liverpool and @ 10.00 they represent some value in my opinion. However, goals are a bit safer option in my opinion. Over 3.5 @ 2.30-2.40 or even Over 4.5 @ 4.00-4.20.

Re: Chelsea v Aston Villa > Sun 23rd December Great spot, Mustafa - indeed, there is a tradition for extremely attractive and full of goals games b/n Chelsea and Villa around Christmas at Stamford. And this year they play again at the same stadium at the same time of year. And this coincides with few other factors that go in favor of Villa. Chelsea should be physically challenged at the moment - they just got back from Asia with all the acclimatization issues forth and back, and they get a very tough test on Wednesday away at Leeds. Before they could take a breath, they will play full of confidence and on the rise Villa, in a "must-win at any price" game at home. Psychological pressure upon them also must be tremendous. And while Villa were poor and non-confident a few weeks ago, now they are flying and scoring like a piece of cake. I go with the tasty coefficient for Villa or Draw, and also smell goals coming here from both ends of the ground. Villa or Draw @ 3.25 (b365) BTTS @ 1.83

Re: Chelsea v Aston Villa > Sun 23rd December In addition to my earlier post I just want to add that in the games mentioned earlier Aston Villa managed to score 3 goals against Chelsea twice, and once they scored 4 goals. Odds on this to happen again are too good to ignore in my opinion. Aston Villa Over 2.5 Goals @ 17.00 Bet365 Aston Villa & Over 3.5 Goals @ 29.00 Bet365 Furthermore, I will take Over 4.5 Goals @ 4.33 William Hill in an accumulator with Over 3.5 Goals @ 2.50 ​in Swansea - Man.United game. Hope we have a good holiday gift :)

Re: Chelsea v Aston Villa > Sun 23rd December Under Benetiz Chelsea have conceded 1 goal in three home games. Under new management you have to disregard any stats prior. They are simply playing a different style of soccer. I think they will be rock solid again at the back, and will probably find more flow in the way Benitez wants them to play. They should have to much class for a young Villa team (the 3/10 is a crap price would have expected 4/9 at least) Am wondering if the Liverpool v Villa game was a one-off fluke (maybe Liverpool underestimated them). Liverpool just don't do the business or get up for the games against the premier leagues 'also-rans' If you remove the Man United game Chelsea have 4 clean sheets at home in 6 games , and have conceded only 2 goals. United are a unique case this season, simply scoring at will. I cannot see Villa scoring in this game. Chelsea to win to nil 11/10 on bet365 3 units.

Re: Chelsea v Aston Villa > Sun 23rd December Neil, Benteke produced one of the center forward displays of the season vs Liverpool. Earlier on he had a few terrible games but is now looking better and forging an excellent understanding with Wiemann. It's worth noting that Chelsea have had to travel back from Japan and play a cup quarter final midweek whereas Villa have a full week off. If I recall correctly Man United used to go through a bit of a bad patch on their first games back from the World Club Championship.

Re: Chelsea v Aston Villa > Sun 23rd December I find Liverpool a very average overrated side. How many Liverpool players would get into the starting line up at Man City or Man United. I won't pick Suarez over Rooney and van Persie, and he sits on the bench against Tevez and Aguero as well. Their midfield is led by Gerrard who has had his best days. You simply can't judge a team by their performance against an average / poor opponent (which is where Liverpool are at the moment). These are the teams that have beaten Villa on their travels West Ham (1-0) Saints (4-1) Tottenham (2-0) Fulham (1-0) Man CIty (5-0) At home they lost to Man Un and Everton. The decent sides have been able to handle them and win easily. I think Chelsea will do the same.

Re: Chelsea v Aston Villa > Sun 23rd December Anyone considering betting on this game might want to watch highlights of Villa's last 2 matches. As a young side under new management they are very much in a transitional period. Finishing off chances had been a weakness of there's that seems to be improving and when it changes it will have a large influence on what bets are profitable.

Re: Chelsea v Aston Villa > Sun 23rd December Aston Villa +1.5AH @ 1.96 (188bet) 6/10 Chelsea look too short here. Although they are hard to predict as they have a new manager and we are yet to see how that will go, they are not as solid at home as they were a couple of years ago. A best price of 1.36 suggests that they are much more reliable at home than the reality, they have actually failed to win their last three home games. Villa did not do well in their tough away games earlier in the season, but they look a better team now, with Lambert beginning to make his mark. They were excellent at Liverpool last weekend and are on a good run of form. It goes without saying that Chelsea have a lot of quality in their side, but there is a sense that life is chaotic over there at the moment, with the constant changing of manager and unrest amongst the fans. Benitez could yet turn out to be a good appointment, but there are too many question marks for such a low price in this game. I think tiredness is quite likely to be an issue as well. Obviously they were away in Japan for a week and also had the game against Leeds. A 5-1 scoreline was very flattering to Chelsea and make no mistake it was a gruelling game, not a walk in the park by any means. I would have thought it would have been more prudent to maybe take it easy at 3-1 rather than pressing forward for more goals because the extra effort at the end could cause problems here, especially with more games to come over a busy Christmas period. I think Villa will be a tough test for them, and if they do win it is likely to be by the single goal in my opinion.

Re: Chelsea v Aston Villa > Sun 23rd December

Aston Villa +1.5AH @ 1.96 (188bet) 6/10 Chelsea look too short here. Although they are hard to predict as they have a new manager and we are yet to see how that will go, they are not as solid at home as they were a couple of years ago. A best price of 1.36 suggests that they are much more reliable at home than the reality, they have actually failed to win their last three home games. Villa did not do well in their tough away games earlier in the season, but they look a better team now, with Lambert beginning to make his mark. They were excellent at Liverpool last weekend and are on a good run of form. It goes without saying that Chelsea have a lot of quality in their side, but there is a sense that life is chaotic over there at the moment, with the constant changing of manager and unrest amongst the fans. Benitez could yet turn out to be a good appointment, but there are too many question marks for such a low price in this game. I think tiredness is quite likely to be an issue as well. Obviously they were away in Japan for a week and also had the game against Leeds. A 5-1 scoreline was very flattering to Chelsea and make no mistake it was a gruelling game, not a walk in the park by any means. I would have thought it would have been more prudent to maybe take it easy at 3-1 rather than pressing forward for more goals because the extra effort at the end could cause problems here, especially with more games to come over a busy Christmas period. I think Villa will be a tough test for them, and if they do win it is likely to be by the single goal in my opinion.
Villa were exceptional last week, but I was at the Norwich match and 4-1 flattered them. If Morison had his scoring boots on Norwich would of been 3-1 up, and Villa were a lot more up for the match than we were. Chelsea defintely too short, but just something I thought worth mentioning.

Villa were exceptional last week, but I was at the Norwich match and 4-1 flattered them. If Morison had his scoring boots on Norwich would of been 3-1 up, and Villa were a lot more up for the match than we were. Chelsea defintely too short, but just something I thought worth mentioning.
Thanks. I didn't see that game, so it's good to hear from someone who was there. It's difficult to know how much to read into league cup games, but it seemed that whether deserved or not, the goals they scored at Carrow Road gave Villa more confidence going forward going into the Liverpool game.

Re: Chelsea v Aston Villa > Sun 23rd December 4pts Both teams to score 10/11 Boylesports It is one thing beating Liverpool at the minute but it is another beating Chelsea so this will be a good test for Aston Villa. It isn’t one I think they will pass but I do think they can leave Stamford Bridge with at least a goal. Games between these two tend to be high scoring in recent times so I think the 10/11 on both sides scoring looks a very good price. Villa look confident in front of goal while Chelsea have players to open up any defence. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chelsea-vs-aston-villa-betting-both-teams-can-enjoy-goals-at-the-bridge

Both Teams to score 1.89 @ Betfair - Agree with Kev about BTTS here. Villa have scored 7 in their last 2 games away against Norwich and Liverpool and whilst Villa aren't normally a free scoring side they will be confident after the win at Liverpool and are unbeaten in their last 6 games in all competitions. Whilst I am tempted to back Villa on a handicap, Chelsea are so inconsistent atm so I will stick with BTTS as I think it represents the best value in this game. Chelsea have kept 4 clean sheets in 16 league games but haven't kept a clean sheet in their last 6 games in all competitions. Games between these two tend to produce a lot of goals, particularly at Stamford Bridge with recent scorelines between these two including 3-3 4-4 2-4 7-1 and 1-3 all in the past few years. Sent from my iPhone using PL Forum app

Re: Chelsea v Aston Villa > Sun 23rd December HT/FT Chelsea/Villa: 90/1 Betvictor (1 unit) First thing to say is I don't think this will happen necessarily, however, considering Chelsea are coming off the back off their visit to Japan and a League Cup game its possible fatigue could catch up with them today? Without Terry Chelsea are always likely to give teams a chance these days Villa can be effective on the counter with Benteke and Weimann. They have also got a couple of decent away wins in their last 2 games (though neither win was against a team of Chelsea's quality admittedly). Irrespective of how this game goes, I won't regret risking 1 unit on this given the odds and the circumstances. Good luck.

Re: Chelsea v Aston Villa > Sun 23rd December Over 3.5 @ 2.47 pinnacle Over 4.5 @ 4.05 sportsbet Over 5.5 @ 7.00 centrebet Chelsea did well to come back from 1-0 down to beat Leeds 5-1 in the League Cup midweek, and prior to that, they beat Sunderland 3-1 but lost 3-1 at West Ham, so they have featured in some high scoring games of late. Villa are coming off two very good away win, beating Aston Villa 4-1 and Liverpool 3-1, so they too have been amongst the goals in their games. For Chelsea, they have Torres coming back into goalscoring form, and with Mata and Hazard there in creating goals, then like them to do well against this young Aston Villa defence. Villa will be pretty confident going into this game and will have little to fear here, as they have nothing to lose. They will like their chances of scoring on this Chelsea defence that is still missing Terry there. Both games last year saw at least four goals scored in them, and like them to score quite a few here again

Come on guys last chance to nominate in the 2012 Punters Lounge Oscars ....
http://forum.punterslounge.com/threa...ad-by-25-12-12
Nominate the member you think deserves recognition for their contribution during the course of 2012 ... :ok (or even nominate the user you think deserves the least recognition :p)

Re: Chelsea v Aston Villa > Sun 23rd December Taken benteke to score @4.25(partybets) Benteke has been good the last few matches in a low-scoring Villa side, and the matches between these sides have seen a fair amount of goals. If Villa is going to score, they have to come from him and weimann. I think 4.25 shows some value.

Re: Chelsea v Aston Villa > Sun 23rd December aston villa (+2) handicap @ 1.83 bet365 i think fatigue in the chelsea team will make some contribution in this match. paul lambert is starting to sort this team out, including a clear improvement defensively. aston villa must have confidence and with an inform striker any thing can happen. i still think chelsea are obviously the supoerior team and not playing that badly so i am not ruleling out a chelsea win. so good value i feel where i wouldnt be surprised if villa even win

Re: Chelsea v Aston Villa > Sun 23rd December This game is easy to sum up. IMO Chelsea have been around the world, and a heavy match at leeds in the last 10 days, This has to take it out of you, 1.38 NO THANKS. Aston Villa on the other hand have hit form, and are playing some very nice football, they could easily upset here, and they will make it very difficult today. Lay 1.38 Chelsea, 38 points, Obviousley, the longer Chelsea arnt in front, the price gets bigger, so have your back out plan ready. GL ALL

Re: Chelsea v Aston Villa > Sun 23rd December I have taken 6/5 on over 3.5 goals with Stan James. Chelsea can score and are playing relatively offensively at present. If fatigue is going to come into play then Villa will score as Benteke and Weimann look decent enough. I wanted to take Chelsea on the handicap as I think they will win by at least couple but with the odds as short as they are, and the potential threat posed by the away team, I feel more comfortable and happy with watching a goal fest.

Re: Chelsea v Aston Villa > Sun 23rd December Aston Villa +1.5AH @ 1.96 (188bet) 6/10 Even with a three goal lead before kick off, Aston Villa never even came close to the performance that Chelsea put in today. Without trying to sound bitter twisted, this has to be my worst run of results in a weekend during my short time of betting. Not a single result worked out in my favour and the worst of it is that I done my research and don't think I put a foot wrong. Ah well, you win some, you lose some. Its just a real shame that my bets seem to be falling into the loading category more often than not these days! :( /rant over!

I find Liverpool a very average overrated side. How many Liverpool players would get into the starting line up at Man City or Man United. I won't pick Suarez over Rooney and van Persie, and he sits on the bench against Tevez and Aguero as well. Their midfield is led by Gerrard who has had his best days. You simply can't judge a team by their performance against an average / poor opponent (which is where Liverpool are at the moment). These are the teams that have beaten Villa on their travels West Ham (1-0) Saints (4-1) Tottenham (2-0) Fulham (1-0) Man CIty (5-0) At home they lost to Man Un and Everton. The decent sides have been able to handle them and win easily. I think Chelsea will do the same.
Am happy to win the chelsea to win to nil bet