Tottenham Hotspur v Stoke City > Sat 22nd December

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Tottenham Hotspur v Stoke City (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.63[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.41 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Stoke City > Sat 22nd December The odds on Spurs to win look way too short for me considering their backline looking vulnerable having kept 3 clean sheets in 12 games at home this season. Stoke have failed to score only once in 9 games against Tottenham in the past 4 seasons. I'm going with OVERS 2.5 goals

Under 2.5 goals 1.82 @ Betfair - I think unders is likely here. 5/9 (56%) of Tottenhams home games has gone under this season. 7/9 (78%) of Stokes away games has gone under this season. This means these two sets of results combined means that 12/18 (67%) of Tottenhams home and Stokes away games has gone under this season. This means that the odds of 1.82 on offer @ Betfair represent value as the 1.82 odds indicate that there is a 55% chance of unders when it is in fact a greater percentage chance of happening. I expect Stoke to play defensively with plenty of men behind the ball like Swansea surprisingly did on Sunday. Tottenham normally struggle more against teams that sit back compared to teams that attack us. Therefore, IMO I don't think we will see many goals on Saturday and I'll be on the unders at 1.82 I know Bale is likely to return but Adebayor is now out for this game so it sort of evens things out again. Therefore, Defoe will be up front by himself which I think is a poor matchup against Huth and Shawcross who have such a physical presence. I'm tempted to back under 1.5 goals @ 3.4 but I'll play it safe and go for under 2.5 goals. Sent from my iPhone using PL Forum app

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Stoke City > Sat 22nd December

Under 2.5 goals 1.82 @ Betfair - I think unders is likely here. 5/9 (56%) of Tottenhams home games has gone under this season. 7/9 (78%) of Stokes away games has gone under this season. This means these two sets of results combined means that 12/18 (67%) of Tottenhams home and Stokes away games has gone under this season. This means that the odds of 1.82 on offer @ Betfair represent value as the 1.82 odds indicate that there is a 55% chance of unders when it is in fact a greater percentage chance of happening. I expect Stoke to play defensively with plenty of men behind the ball like Swansea surprisingly did on Sunday. Tottenham normally struggle more against teams that sit back compared to teams that attack us. Therefore, IMO I don't think we will see many goals on Saturday and I'll be on the unders at 1.82 I know Bale is likely to return but Adebayor is now out for this game so it sort of evens things out again. Therefore, Defoe will be up front by himself which I think is a poor matchup against Huth and Shawcross who have such a physical presence. I'm tempted to back under 1.5 goals @ 3.4 but I'll play it safe and go for under 2.5 goals. Sent from my iPhone using PL Forum app
I agree unders is quite likely and should be favourite but 1.8 is vaguely right for me. Our attack is much stronger than our defence and can easily see a few goals here. Unders was available at odds against at the start of the week but I think the market has more or less corrected itself.

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Stoke City > Sat 22nd December I see Draw written all over this. Stoke is head and shoulders the best defense in prem. They are very solid away as well. Recall they held high-flying (at the time) Chelsea to 0-0 until late on at Stamford. Furthermore, Stoke has been getting good results lately. Tottenham will benefit tremendously from the return of Bale, but with their penchant for dropping points, I can easily see them being contained (held to 1 goal) and missing chances. Then, there is their defense which has been known to allow soft goals (Everton anyone?). While Tottenham could pull out a narrow win, I like Stoke's physical play and tough D to stifle Spurs.

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Stoke City > Sat 22nd December Just a completely different bet here. Tottenham have been very poor in the 1st half of their home games. They have the lowest 1st half match goals of any premier league team (5) and the second highest 2nd half match goals (19 only behind Man City, level with Reading and Man U). Their 1st half to 2nd half goal differential is 14 which leads the premier league. Comparing this to all the major European League teams (approx 190), this is the 4th largest differential in Europe . They have had more 2nd half goals this season 89 % of the time (8 in 9 games). Two teams at home (Academica and Getafe) have a 100% record of more 2nd half goals than 1st. Spurs are third in these stats. Bet 365 offer 10/11 for more 2nd half goals (5 units)

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Stoke City > Sat 22nd December I think it is risky to compare Spurs overs/unders record as Loris is between the sticks now, not saying Friedel is a bad Gk, but Loris being younger should be making more saves with the extra millisecond gained due to faster reflexes. He also seems assured and calm, not the worse traits when it comes to make defenders confident that any mistakes will be dealt with by the last man. Under 2.5 : 1.83 Lad BTTS no : 1.83 Lad