Big Bash League 2012-13

kevshat

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Hahaha!! Yeah Hales put on a show today for sure...Bet they filled his pockets with the green stuff. I may wait to hear the team news in the morning...Just struggle to get up that early when I have put some late night tennis bets on lol :cigar

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Thursday preview: 4pts Adelaide Strikers to beat Perth Scorchers 10/11 Betfred I like the home side here. I think they’ve been the best fielding side in the competition and they have a bowling attack which competes with any. Shaun Tait will be key with the ball for the Strikers and if he can get rid of Gibbs and Marsh the game will be set up nicely but Lyon, Richardson and Botha are all quality bowlers who won’t be easy to score off even on this ground. Michael Klinger, Tim Ludeman and Callum Ferguson can get cracking with the ball so I like the Strikers to move into the semis from this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/adelaide-strikers-vs-perth-scorchers-betting-adelaide-can-seal-a-semi-final-spot-with-win-at-adelaide-oval

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 I think the Strikers are too big a price here at evs with Betfair, was really expecting them to be 1.8. I have considered taking that price but being on both of them outright in what is a playoff match I'm desperately trying to tell myself to just sit back and enjoy! So far this tournament we havent had any classic t20 games going down to the wire so I'm going to have a punt on getting one here by backing the tie @ 30s with Betfair. Also going to top up a little on both these teams outright as the winner should face the Stars in the final, and I thinkn both these teams can beat their depleated squad quite easily, then hopefully lay off for the final. Best laid plans an all that :lol

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 I've just taken 1.95 for the strikers on betfair, i think they are a solid outfit with a lot of belief. Tait is a menace. Thought the way renegades coped without their missings yesterday was impressive. Thought they would struggle without Finch. More of that from Hales and they may have a chance, they strike me as tough nuts to beat.

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13

Wow..... just wow..... Having laid the scorchers mid innings the only good thing about this that the strikers NRR will be shot to s...t which leaves the door open for Brisbane if they can beat Hobart.
That was more than slightly surprising ! I suppose you could say it was a half of a classic. Got a breather in the schedule tomorrow, so perhaps an opporunity to take stock on the thread again ? Current outright odds are: Perth 11/4 Stan James Renegades 3/1 Ladbrokes Stars 10/3 bet365 Hobart 5/1 bet365 Brisbane 11/1 betfair That is spot on about the NRRs - Adelaide are -0.162, Brisbane are +0.129 so Saturday is a straight eliminator. Most teams have had a game now after the player changeovers; how much can be read into the results is perhaps the question. Renegades, they surprised me a bit yesterday. Kev called it spot on mind you. Sixers were depleted it's true, but still I think if the team all turn up in the semi they can overcome either Brisbane or Hobart at home. They will have had few extra days rest to integrate Hales into the team a bit more, rest up, practice their drills and what have you. They have been 7/2 or thereabouts for most of the comp, so 3/1 is perhaps an ok price given they have a home semi. I have put 3/10 on them ( as per the above mentioned odds ) in the hope they make the final and can be laid at even money or thereabouts. Similar strategy to Alf. Perhaps I am a bit reliant on another Hales epic here, but I will give it a go. I suppose you shouldn't write off Warney, but like you say Perth seem to be picking up form at the right time while Stars have dipped a bit and are now sans Slinger and others. Can't really see any angle on the top batsman market after today. Marsh is 4/17 on betfair, possibly worth a lay if you think Stars can knock out Perth and Hodge can make up the 50-odd runs difference over the two games he would have in that scenario ? Cheers

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Home advantage for the Renegades will be massive, especially if Murali is fit for the semi final. That wicket is slower and lower than any other one in Australia so they will have a real advantage although whether Hales will be as effective on that wicket remains to be seen. One of the reasons why I took the Hurricanes before the tournament was the amount of players that the Stars lose to the ODI sides and that has happened. They've still got quality in their ranks but they've lost an awful lot of talent. I still think Hobart will qualify for the semi finals because Ben Cutting is going to be a huge loss to Brisbane as well as Perera who already left. The Scorchers look like getting Mike Hussey back for the semi final which will further boost them and on a wicket which is as helpful to them as the Renegades one is to the Renegades I wouldn't rule out a Renegades/Scorchers final even though I'm hopeful the Hurricanes can get in there somewhere.

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Saturday preview: 4pts Hobart Hurricanes to beat Brisbane Heat 8/11 Stan James I expect the Hurricanes to win this match. Brisbane already had the loss of Thisara Perera to cope with but the loss of Ben Cutting could be too much because they are a side who rely on a lot of all rounders around Cutting to restrict sides. The Heat lack someone with the bat to bat through the innings whereas Hobart have a strong batting line up and a perfectly capable bowling attack with Ben Laughlin somehow ignored by Australia. That attack can lead Hobart to the semi finals. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hobart-hurricanes-vs-brisbane-heat-betting-hobart-can-breeze-into-the-semi-finals-at-the-heat-s-expense

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Not sure how to call the rest of this competition tbh chaps. Have taken my stakes plus a little bit more back after being on Perth and Brisbane at average odds of 13/1 and 20/1 respectively. If I could describe the teams left in, it would have to be.... Renegades - Room for complacency Stars - After the Lord Mayors show Scorchers - Don't forget about us, boys Heat - On a roll I quite fancy a Scorchers - Heat final here

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13

Aaron Finch returns to the Renegades team after being dropped from the Australian ODI squad. This is a huge boost for the Renegades, but he must be feeling the pressure after a terrible two innings against Sri Lanka. Last time the two teams played the Heat set a dismal 133 and lost by six wickets. Despite the Heat hitting form right at the right time, I still think the Renegades @ $1.67 will take the win and the Champions League spot.
Thanks for the info, TWP. Just to add, found this on the Renegades w/s: "Renegades captain Aaron Finch will return to the Renegades line-up for tomorrow night's KFC T20 Big Bash League's BIG SEMI FINAL against the Brisbane Heat at Etihad Stadium after being released from the Australian squad following their first two one-day internationals against Sri Lanka. Finch, the Renegades leading batsman in BBL|02 with 309 runs at an average of 77.25 and strike rate of 128.21, will form a brutal opening partnership with Englishman Alex Hales, who belted 89 from just 52 balls on his Renegades debut against the Sydney Sixers last Wednesday." Sqaud lists from the BBL official site: Renegades: Aaron Finch ©, Ben Rohrer, Peter Nevill, Daniel Harris, Brendan Drew, Alex Hales, Muthiah Muralitharan, Will Sheridan, Alex Doolan, Darren Pattinson, Aaron O'Brien, Tom Cooper, Nathan Rimmington. Heat: James Hopes ©, Alister McDermott, Nathan Hauritz, Dan Christian, Luke Pomersbach, Joe Burns, Chris Hartley, Peter Forrest, Chris Lynn, Chris Sabburg, Kemar Roach, Cameron Gannon, Ben Cutting Finch and Murali back for the Renegade's is a big boost as you say. I imgine Finch will be disappointed to have been dropped, I guess he can react in one of two ways: shrink from the challenge or use it to show his skills again to the selectors. I reckon he is a tough nut so perhaps it will be the latter. Cutting also back for Brisbane according too their w/s ( but no Perera ). Bowled 4-0-12-2 in the group game at the Etihad so I'm sure the Heat will feel more confident with him back in the side. Have to agree that all things considered I think the Renegades are to be fancied. But equally I wouldn't want to write off Brisbane completely, they have picked up a bit of momentum as Alf says. Also I think the group game was quite close in a way, Melbourne's middle order had to put in a shift towards the end to get the win. I'm not sure the 2.29 on Betfair is sufficient incentive to back the Heat for an away win though. 2.99 on Betfair for Finch to come back and bag the top batsman market which may be of interest. 19 behind Marsh.

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Semi final 1 preview: 4pts Under 9.5 6's Evs Ladbrokes I would expect the Renegades to win this on home soil but the odds reflect that so rather than chance my arm at a small price I’ll take under 9.5 6’s here at a much more attainable even money. The last three matches here have been well under this line and the match which went over 9.5 6’s had the Melbourne Stars in it with their powerful batting line up. The wicket here is slow and a bit tacky and both sides have good bowling attacks and this is a semi final and that brings pressure of a different kind so that line looks a touch high to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/melbourne-renegades-vs-brisbane-heat-betting-don-t-expect-many-sixes-in-the-opening-semi-final

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Second semi final preview: 4pts Melbourne Stars to beat Perth Scorchers 6/5 Blue Square I don’t see an awful lot between these two sides if I’m honest and the price on the Stars here seems to reflect the fact that they’ve no chance when I don’t think that’s the case. I’m not going to suggest the likes of Hussey and Maxwell won’t be missed with the bat but in Quiney, Wright, Hodge and White the Stars will have four international quality batsmen while their bowling attack is still fine. I know Malinga took six wickets in the first meeting between the two sides but the Scorchers weren’t exactly going anywhere at the other end and I just feel the Stars are being slightly underrated here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/perth-scorchers-vs-melbourne-stars-betting-melbourne-stars-still-have-enough-firepower-to-win-semi-final

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 The more and more I think about this Kev the more I am looking at a Stars win here. The return of Mr Cricket is obviously another pro for backing the scorchers, but where does he slip in to the team there and who makes way for him? I can't see Gibbs, Marsh, Voges, Katich or North being benched so I presume it could be Coulter-Nile or one of the bowlers. Malinga obviously a big loss but is an attack of Warne, Bird, Masch and Faulkner (not had a great tournament but due a good match!) and more than capable part timers like Hastings and White thiings don't really look that bad. The top order is solid and unchanged, and apart from a knock against the hapless Sixers, Maxwell hasn't put a great deal of runs on the board so I don't think he will be greatly missed. The lowest losing batting total for the stars this tournament is 146 so they have consistently put runs on the board, and I see no reason why they shouldn't do here. The Scorchers top order with Hussey included does look frightful to bet against but I think the price on the Stars is too big not to take.

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Stars now 2.5 to lay on the outright on Betfair. The more rain the easier this chase gets. The minimum five overs would see a target of around 62, wickets not an issue. I have read if their is no result the Scorchers will progress on league placement, but I have NOT CONFIRMED this 100%.