** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Big Bash League 2012-13

kevshat

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Good to have you on board TWP :ok. Definitely see where you're coming from Alf. Cricket administrators seem to want to overkill T20 when less is more is definitely the approach. The length of the IPL is nothing short of ridiculous. Going back to this tournament though I think the value will come around again when the test players return and the one day players head off on international duty.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Thursday preview: 4pts Melbourne Stars to beat Brisbane Heat 8/11 Stan James The 8/11 price may not be anything to shout from the rooftops about but I do believe the Stars will win this match. I think they are the better side in all departments and have a number of players who can win matches on their own whereas the Stars need everyone to chip in such is their method of going with a plethora of all rounders. Melbourne have won their last four and I expect them to make it five on the bounce here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/brisbane-heat-vs-melbourne-stars-betting-stars-galaxy-of-t20-hotshots-can-cool-down-the-heat-in-brisbane

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Friday preview: 4pts Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Thunder - Over 9.5 6's 5/6 Stan James Perth should win this match but there is little value in them here but one place where there is a little value in the sixes market. The Thunder haven’t really got going with the bat so far but I think the faster, bouncier conditions will suit Chris Gayle and Matt Prior a lot more so I wouldn’t be surprised if we see something a little bit special from one of them. The Scorchers have rope clearers of their own so I expect to see at least 10 sixes here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/perth-scorchers-vs-sydney-thunder-betting-expect-some-fireworks-in-the-scorchers-final-home-game

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Dirk Nannes performance points 25 or more, 5/6 bet365 Covered this with the ball in 3 of last 4 games. Admittedly these were all at home for Thunder. But as far as i can tell in his last two t20 innings at the waca he took 2 for vicotria v western aus (jan '10) and one for aus v sl when they were defending only 130 odd ( also '10). Slightly old stats of course but it does perhaps hint there is something in the wicket for him. If perth are taking risks with the bat to get the win they need, and given there is a chance one wicket might be enough with the points system, i think i'll have a go on the bbl 2 joint leading wicket taker. Good luck all

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13

Friday preview: 4pts Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Thunder - Over 9.5 6's 5/6 Stan James Perth should win this match but there is little value in them here but one place where there is a little value in the sixes market. The Thunder haven’t really got going with the bat so far but I think the faster, bouncier conditions will suit Chris Gayle and Matt Prior a lot more so I wouldn’t be surprised if we see something a little bit special from one of them. The Scorchers have rope clearers of their own so I expect to see at least 10 sixes here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/perth-scorchers-vs-sydney-thunder-betting-expect-some-fireworks-in-the-scorchers-final-home-game
That was hard luck today , Kev. Even with such a piddly amount of runs in the match there were still 7 maximums. Anything close to a par score from Sydney and this looked like it would have come home. Would also have fancied talkinggoat's Perth most sixes bet if they had a higher target to shoot at, Marsh seemed like he was getting in the mood at the end - unlucky. :) It seemed as if Nannes created a couple of chances but can't grumble really, wasn't even close.

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Yeah the Thunder have been horrendous in this tournament. Even with no pressure on them they can't buy runs. Will be interesting to see if they splash a chunk of their budget on Chris Gayle next season because they've had no return whatsoever for their dosh this season.

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Saturday preview: 4pts Hobart vs Adelaide - Over 33.5 boundaries 5/6 William Hill This is a huge match but the match odds look about right so I will take the over 33.5 boundaries bet here. These are two of the best batting sides in the competition and I expect it to be high scoring with neither bowling attack completely watertight. The outfield in Hobart has been quick in this tournament and the boundaries aren’t the biggest at the best of times. Both sides bat deep and I expect to see at least 34 boundaries here for the third straight time in this tournament. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hobart-hurricanes-vs-adelaide-strikers-betting-expect-the-boundaries-to-be-peppered-in-hobart

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Gayle seems to have the demeanour of a chap who just wants to be on the plane home. Such a shame because he can light up a tournament. I thought Prior might help sort them out but I'm not sure he's that interested. Without Khawaja they would be...well, bottom !

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Hobart Hurricanes Vs Adelaides Strikers Over 8.5 Match Sixes @ 5/6 Stan James Now im not 100% sure whether they'll use the same wicket as the last game, if they do bonus, boundary on one side of the wicket was like 60m:lol eitherway im reasonably confident the line can be cleared in this game, in the last home game for HH vs Perth, Ponting, Paine, Katich, Voges managed 10 sixes between them. Hopefully tomorrow, Birt, Shah and Bailey can join in the fun, as for the visitors they've got Ludeman, Reardon, Botha and the big man himself Pollard to provide the muscle!

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Sunday preview: 4pts Melbourne Stars to beat Melbourne Renegades 8/11 Betfred The Stars were visibly annoyed to be thrashed by the Renegades in the opening match of the season but in their own conditions I just don’t see the Red men having the bowling attack to get the job done here. The Stars are gifted with the ball and have plenty of batting options too. I’m still not convinced the Renegades batting line up is long enough so I’ll take the Stars here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/melbourne-stars-vs-melbourne-renegades-betting-stars-can-get-revenge-for-opening-day-defeat

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Well guys it finally feels like we are coming to the business end of the test match of all T20 comps, though saying that there is still another two weeks before we get a winner :lol So with the ODI's approaching lets have a natter about how the Aus squad will effect the BBL. George Bailey (capt), Phillip Hughes, Usman Khawaja, Aaron Finch, David Hussey, Brad Haddin (wk), Glenn Maxwell, Steven Smith, Mitchell Johnson, Ben Cutting, Mitchell Starc, Clint McKay, Xavier Doherty. Finch obviously a massive blow for the renegades who must be opposed from now on in. Bailey and Dohery depart from the Hurricanes with Cowan returning. Maxwell & McKay missing from the Stars. After their loss today I dont mind backing the Thunder to record a ridiculous victory next time out. Moving on from depletions, bizarrley, and maybe worryingly, the only two teams not to be effected by the one day squad are the forum outrights, the strikers and scorchers. I can never tell how these things work but the Strikers could see the return of Lyon and Ajmal to the team. Could this mean they are worth a top up at 6/1 with Betfair? The only worry is the strikers and scorchers may play off for a semi final place depending on other results.

Well guys it finally feels like we are coming to the business end of the test match of all T20 comps, though saying that there is still another two weeks before we get a winner :lol So with the ODI's approaching lets have a natter about how the Aus squad will effect the BBL. George Bailey (capt), Phillip Hughes, Usman Khawaja, Aaron Finch, David Hussey, Brad Haddin (wk), Glenn Maxwell, Steven Smith, Mitchell Johnson, Ben Cutting, Mitchell Starc, Clint McKay, Xavier Doherty. Finch obviously a massive blow for the renegades who must be opposed from now on in. Bailey and Dohery depart from the Hurricanes with Cowan returning. Maxwell & McKay missing from the Stars. After their loss today I dont mind backing the Thunder to record a ridiculous victory next time out. Moving on from depletions, bizarrley, and maybe worryingly, the only two teams not to be effected by the one day squad are the forum outrights, the strikers and scorchers. I can never tell how these things work but the Strikers could see the return of Lyon and Ajmal to the team. Could this mean they are worth a top up at 6/1 with Betfair? The only worry is the strikers and scorchers may play off for a semi final place depending on other results.
Thanks Alf for posting this, that is helpful info ;) Finch, what a comp he has had. He worked Malinga out today in my opinion, and not many have in this BBL. He will be a massive loss for them in terms of runs, they will miss his leadership too. And Samuels too after that injury. Agree to opposing them, especially if they end up in an away semi on a track which doesn't suit their spinners. With Adelaide, the more I have seen of them ( and I have watched more of this comp than has necessarily been good for family life ! ) the more I have liked them. Their top order is solid and consistent I think ( Klinger a great ante post shout ). Lyon and Ajmal have been well in the wickets just now ( Ajmal a 5fer in the ODI today I think ? ). Believe Pollard is off to sunny Carribean now though. That display of fielding against Hobart was one of the best I can remember ( that catch by Richardson was an all time classic ) - I do believe that counts for something in this format. And the way they celebrated after one or two of those wickets, I think they believe they can do it. 6/1 might well be worth a go - appears they have come in during the day though, now same as Perth at 11/2 best. I don't know how you can separate those two teams. With Hobart, does anyone one know if Hilfenhaus will be back before the long drawn-out end ? The last I saw his injury would keep him away but he would make a difference for them, I feel they have been a bowler light. Losing Xavier won't help. Joint 5th wicker taker & 9th best economy. I thought they were starting to look very consistent until that Adelaide defeat. Don't really know what to make of the Stars. Fallen well short in last two matches. Warne knows his job but lost his cool today under pressure and I'm not sure how well he can communicate with Lasith, his main match-winning asset ( in my opinion ). He jokes about it on that Fox commentary contraption ! Even more important with no McKay. Would certainly think about opposing them next up, except the Thunder are so abject and lacking in spirit & confidence I don't know if I could put actual money on them at the MCG ! Not at less than 7/4 or so but again that is just my opinion :) This is such a hard comp to call now. There are four teams below Renegades who are 7-4-3 - it is a bit like the ( English ) Championship in football, any team in the top half is capable of beating any other. Laying the Renegades outright at 19/7 on Betfair could be a play given the Finch factor, but I'm not sure I'd really want to take on that libaility. One or other of Perth or Adelaide will go through to the semis, I reckon backing whichever of those progresses might, depending in price, be the way as I can think of reasons to back them and reasons to oppose the Melbourne teams. Bit of a stream of consciousness but my wife has had enough of my musings so they get directed at you guys now, apols ! Neil

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Monday preview: 4pts Sydney Sixers to beat Brisbane Heat 13/10 Boylesports The return of Warner and Starc are big for the Sixers and I think they are worth chancing in this match. There isn’t a lot between these two sides and one man could win the match for either but Warner will strengthen the batting while Starc is as good a bowler as there is in this format of the game. Brisbane will miss Thissara Perera a lot and this is must win for them which brings its own pressure. I’ll take the Sixers here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/brisbane-heat-vs-sydney-sixers-betting-reigning-champions-can-win-with-their-major-players-back

Great work chaps. That Australia ODI squad has opened this tournament right up now. Marshland, just one small thing, the Renegades guaranteed that they'll be at home throughout the playoffs with their win today :ok
Sorry Kev you are quite right about renegades fixtures, careless of me. Malinga will be with SL as well for 1st ODI match on the 11th right ? If he is not available for Stars next match that is a huge miss for them with mckay out too, am not sure what SL's plans are though for getting squad together.

Sorry Kev you are quite right about renegades fixtures, careless of me. Malinga will be with SL as well for 1st ODI match on the 11th right ? If he is not available for Stars next match that is a huge miss for them with mckay out too, am not sure what SL's plans are though for getting squad together.
He will yep. Perera has already left Brisbane so I'm guessing Malinga won't be playing for the Stars in that game. With Warne now suspended too all of a sudden the Stars look very depleted. If Cameron White cops a suspension as well they might have trouble fielding a competitive side at all :lol.

He will yep. Perera has already left Brisbane so I'm guessing Malinga won't be playing for the Stars in that game. With Warne now suspended too all of a sudden the Stars look very depleted. If Cameron White cops a suspension as well they might have trouble fielding a competitive side at all :lol.
Should really add to this that the opening ODI is in Melbourne so it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility that a deal is done to allow Malinga to stay with the Stars until after this game. If and when I see any squad news I'll post it up.

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Just put a very cheeky fiver on Sixers to win the tournament at 110 with Betfair. If they can beat Brisbane tonight then they will go into a must win match that is a dead rubber for the Finchless Renegades. There are so many permutations I won't go into them all, but one of the scorchers/strikers will end up with a 4/4 record and if we see the stars getting shocked tomorrow, Hobart are not nailed on to win against a Brisbane side who could also hit a 4/4. We could see 5 teams contesting 2 places with 4/4 records - I'm presuming it will be decided on NRR, or is it decided on head to head etc... ? NRR is the sixers problem at the moment, but they are doing well tonight and maybe the Renegades would prefer to play them in the semi....If you know what I mean nudge nudge wink wink!

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Bah Melbourne announced that all three of their ODI players WILL be available for tomorrow nights match. Still waiting for news of Malinga, but he will be replaced by Dimi Masch if need be. Jackson Bird also back in the squad. Khawaja presumably available for Sydney. Looking at the win market again I have taken a punt on Brisbane at 20's. They have a team full of scrappers and I think they will go to Hobart and win. This would leave them needing the Stars to lose tomorrow, or the Strikers or Scorchers to lose heavily. Just noticed the Stars price has plumetted ten ticks in the last few hours.... News on Malinga maybe?

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Tuesday preview: 4pts Melbourne Stars Most 6's vs Sydney Thunder 20/21 Stan James The Melbourne Stars go into this match with everything on the line but even though I expect them to win their last two performances have done nothing to make me rush in and back them at such a short price. Instead I’ll take them to hit the most 6’s. Sydney Thunder’s batting has been woeful in the tournament so far and if Gayle doesn’t fire it wouldn’t be a surprise if they fall like a deck of cards themselves. The Stars have hitters all the way down and at just under evens they look the call to me to hit the most 6’s. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/melbourne-stars-vs-sydney-thunder-betting-melbourne-stars-powerful-batting-line-up-can-hit-the-most-6-s

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Morning, Just checked Stars official website - Malinga confirmed as unavailable. Dimi replaces him. Not sure what to make of this game ! Labrokes have khawaja's runs handicap at over 21.5 ( 5/6 ) which sounds gettable and has been covered in last three games but i think i may sit this one out. Best of luck to everyone who gets involved guys.

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Wednesday preview: 4pts Melbourne Renegades to beat Sydney Sixers 11/10 Betfred The Sixers have been well backed for this match but I believe that’s only because this is a match they have to win. I’m not convinced they will though. The Renegades have been the top side in the competition this year and they have won matches when both Finch and Samuels haven’t contributed so it isn’t beyond them to win this. We saw in the Sixers last match how the pressure can get to a side and we nearly saw it when the Stars played the Thunder on Tuesday. The Renegades can play with some freedom and at odds against they are the call to keep their momentum going. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sydney-sixers-vs-melbourne-renegades-betting-renegades-can-finally-end-the-sixers-reign-as-champions

Bah Melbourne announced that all three of their ODI players WILL be available for tomorrow nights match. Still waiting for news of Malinga, but he will be replaced by Dimi Masch if need be. Jackson Bird also back in the squad. Khawaja presumably available for Sydney. Looking at the win market again I have taken a punt on Brisbane at 20's. They have a team full of scrappers and I think they will go to Hobart and win. This would leave them needing the Stars to lose tomorrow, or the Strikers or Scorchers to lose heavily. Just noticed the Stars price has plumetted ten ticks in the last few hours.... News on Malinga maybe?
That is hard luck on Thunder, Alf. Half-way through their reply it looked like that bet was landed and you were going to be rewarded for persevering with them. :wall At least they have been put out of their misery now.

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 God knows who is playing for anyone anymore. Hales was quite literally parachuted into the ground for the Renegades today. Did anyone else know he was playing until he walked onto the pitch? Warner and Starc not available for the Sixers despite not being with the Aus squad. All very confusing!