** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Big Bash League 2012-13

kevshat

Am taking this one in the Mel Renegades VS Brisbane Heat. Perera 30& over performance PTS @ 5/6 Bet365. In a team lacking bowling depth Perera has picked up wickets and will more than likely bowl his quota of 4 overs, the Lankan tends to float up and down the order, depending on the innings situation, he is definitely has the ability to land some lusty blows.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Saturday preview: 5pts Melbourne Renegades vs Brisbane Heat - Under 12.5 6's 8/11 Ladbrokes If I had to pick a winner of this then it would be the Renegades but I much prefer the under 12.5 6’s from a betting point of view. The wicket in the last match here was very two paced and tacky and that suits the Renegades spinners perfectly. The Renegades are short of genuine class batsmen anyway and the boundaries here take some hitting even on good wickets so I think this line could just be a smidgeon high especially when only two sixes were hit in the last match here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/melbourne-renegades-vs-brisbane-heat-betting-sixes-might-be-hard-to-hit-on-tacky-etihad-stadium-wicket

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Stars made it in the end, but the Sixers really should have kicked on from where they were mid-innings. Malinga looks unplayable at the moment but I think it is as much psychological as anything. As soon as he came on near the end the Sixers batsmen were like rabbits in the headlights with their lack of footwork. That ball to nail Haddin was justamazing though. I have a niggly feeling tonights game could have 'coupon buster' written all over it, but I have to back the Renegades here @ 1.8 with Betfair which I think is an excellent price. The Renegades have comfortably dispatched two of the three pre tournament favs in pretty resounding fashion and have nobbled a much fancied Hurricanes side on the same pitch I can see the same happening to Brisbane. I think the Heat line up is made up of flat track bullies and I really dont see them being able to nudge and nurdle the Renegades spin attack on this wicket. Finch is on absolute fire at the moment and I fullt expect him to continue his rich vein of form. Kev I like your shout on the sixes market, William Hill have the total boundaries line at 34.5 @ 1.83 which again I think is too high. The Hurricanes managed to hit a whopping four boundaries in their 102 here earlier this week, and they have an arguably better batting line up than Brisbane.

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Sunday previews: 4pts Sydney Thunder Highest 1st 6 Overs vs Hobart 11/10 Blue Square It will take a braver man than I to bet on the outcome of this match. One side haven’t won and the other are too short given they are struggling with the bat. One bet I do like though is for Sydney to have the highest first six over score. Obviously the trump card to this bet is Chris Gayle and if he comes off it’s a no contest but when the Thunder bowl teams are struggling to get Dirk Nannes away while the likes of Bollinger and Michael Hogan have had some tap at times in this tournament. With Gayle batting for us I think the 11/10 on the Thunder in the first six overs is a good bet. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hobart-hurricanes-vs-sydney-thunder-betting-thunder-can-breeze-past-the-hurricanes-in-the-first-six-overs 4pts Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Sixers - Over 13.5 6's 5/6 Skybet Bookmakers have begun to cotton on to the fact that the boundaries here are on the short side but I still don’t think they are quite there yet. In the last match here there were 19 6’s between the Strikers and the Heat and I think there could well be at least that here. There are loads of hitters on both sides here and nobody really has a banker four over spell so I expect the big hits to flow for the second time in this tournament at the Adelaide Oval. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/adelaide-strikers-vs-sydney-sixers-betting-expect-to-see-a-lot-more-sixes-at-the-adelaide-oval

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Going to add one more to those above. 2pts K.Richardson Most Economical Bowler (Adeiade vs Sydney) 5/1 Stan James Only Brett Lee, Moises Henriques, Sunil Narine, Johan Botha, Gary Putland and Kane Richardson count in this market. I've been impressive with what I've seen from Richardson in this series and he is only going at a run a ball in the competition so far. He has a yorker at the death which can be deadly but his swing with the new ball is quite hard to get away too. Let's be honest this is going to be a high scoring match so it would be no surprise if something like 7.50 an over wins this. I think it will be a quick bowler who wins it though because there will be no spin on offer in this match and the boundaries are so inviting that I expect both spinners which count here to be attacked. Clearly Narine is a danger but the Strikers have enough players to get stuck into him so at 5/1 the accurate Richardson looks a bit of value despite bowling at the beginning and end of the innings.

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Boxing Day preview: 4pts Sydney Sixers to beat Hobart Hurricanes 6/5 Stan James I’ve a feeling we might just see the best of the Sixers in this match. I think Michael Lumb will get them going with the bat and the conditions should suit Sunil Narine and Steve O’Keefe a lot more than away venues do. Hobart probably won’t be in the best frame of mind having either travelled earlier on Boxing Day or even worse on Christmas Day which means being away on the big day so the Sixers look a value bet to me here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sydney-sixers-vs-hobart-hurricanes-betting-defending-champions-can-keep-their-title-defence-alive-on-boxing-day

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Thursday preview: 4pts Melbourne Stars to beat Adelaide Strikers 4/5 Betfred The Strikers have been excellent in this tournament but I think this could be a match too far for them. The Stars are quality with the ball and have some of the best batsmen in Australia and on this small ground any one of them could go bonkers. Adelaide’s batting is fine but their bowling can have good and bad days which leads me to taking the Stars here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/adelaide-strikers-vs-melbourne-stars-betting-melbourne-can-end-adelaide-s-good-run

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Friday preview: 5pts Sydney Thunder vs Brisbane Heat - Over 9.5 6's 8/11 Skybet These are two poor sides in action here, for me the two poorest sides in the competition but someone has to win and you get the feeling the match will be won on a mistake rather than a piece of brilliance. I wouldn’t like to say who will win but I do expect to see plenty of sixes here. Brisbane were the top six hitters in the tournament along with Adelaide going into Christmas while the Thunder have some big hitters in their ranks so on a big ground I expect to see plenty of sixes. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sydney-thunder-vs-brisbane-heat-betting-two-big-hitting-sides-can-put-on-a-show-in-sydney

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Hi Guys, One bet I think is quite interesting in the Brisbane Heat v Sydney Thunder match is Luke Pomersbach +6.5 runs to outscore Chris Gayle ( Ladbrokes, 5/6 ). Pomersbach has gone 18 ( run out ), 0, 65, 6 in his four games so far. Gayle has hit 13, 8, 12, 6 which suggests that on a simple level this bet would have achieved some success in the rounds played to date. I think one of the earlier posts on this thread mentioned that Gayle has generally cut a dejected figure on the Thunder bench, and given that they now appear to have very little chance of making the semis and have been playing in front of some fairly small crowds I wonder if he may also feel a bit downbeat for this game. That said, opposing Gayle is of course a bit risky as I guess he can come off in any given match and is arguably due a score. But given the size of the handicap here and the fact that Pomersbach seems to be in the better form I think I will have a go on this for a small stake. Good luck all, and hope everyone had good Christmas.

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Sydney Thunder ($1.98) vs Brisbane Heat ($1.80) at ANZ Stadium, Friday December 28th. Starting Time: 19:00 (local) Only Previous Encounter (January 17th, 2012) Brisbane Heat 4/195 from 20 overs (Christian 75, Lynn 37no, Forrest 33, Robinson 25, Bills 2/44) Sydney Thunder 6/104 from 20 overs (Khawaja 37, Day 29no, Abbott 22no, McDermott 2/25) Brisbane won by 91 runs This isn’t the prettiest game on paper, but Brisbane is offering quite good value at $1.80. They could have easily had an extra one or two wins to their tally and pushed the Renegades at Etihad Stadium to the last over. So the form still isn’t as bad as it reads. The batting is holding up with a majority of the top 6 averaging over 22 and striking at acceptable rates. But the bowling has been a major disappointment having been mooted as one of the strongest pre-tournament. 15 wickets combined from the bowlers in 4 games will never win many games. The seam based game plan has become predictable with only 6 overs of spin bowled all tournament and that’s with Nathan Hauritz playing all four games. There aren’t many successful T20 teams around the world that are completely ignorant to benefits of spin bowling in this format. It’s time to get more overs into Hauritz. The Sydney Thunder looks a long way off the rest of the competition. Gayle was going to win games off his own bat but has so far been a major flop, averaging just 11 and striking at an ugly 71.73 per 100 balls. There just doesn’t appear to be a way they will win a game unless he can turn his form around. I expect Brisbane to win convincingly, so jump on board the $1.80 odds quickly. Prediction: Brisbane by 40 runs/8 wickets.

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Shocking stuff from The Strikers yesterday, Bizarre knock by Pollard despite a half century but to lose by eight runs with six guys still in the hutch is bad form. Having a little punt on Sydney tonight despite the fact they are pathetically woeful apart from Nannes. If Gayle and Cosgrove can see off Roach, Cutting and the new ball then the Brisbane trundlers like Christian could go for a few runs at this ground. Very big 'if' though. Also on the balace of probabilities they have to win one....surely :rollin

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Perth Scorchers ($2.00) vs Melbourne Renegades ($1.78) at the WACA, Saturday December 29th. Starting Time: 18:00 (local) Only Previous Encounter (22 December, 2011) Melbourne Renegades 3/188 from 20 overs (McDonald 50, Finch 49, Maxwell 31, Razzaq 27no, Reardon 22no) Perth Scorchers 2/192 from 19.2 overs (Marsh 99no, Gibbs 57) Perth won by 8 wickets. This is an interesting game as it is the first non short term drop in wicket that the Renegades have played on. The spin attack has certainly benefited from the slower surfaces and will not be granted this luxury in Perth. While the Renegades are the best performed team of the competition, they haven’t been given the chance to set a target. They only batted first in one of their three pre-BBL02 practice matches against the Canberra Comets, managing only 8/102. This is the only exposed form we can judge, but you’d expect confidence only would be enough to see a major improvement on that score. Perth will be on a high after two unexpected away wins on the east coast. Shaun Marsh looks to have regained his touch this tournament and will be vital Perth being competitive. Alfonso Thomas has been a welcome inclusion taking 4 wickets in his two games while operating at only 6 an over. The Renegades are playing too well to pick against, but if you wait for the toss and the Renegades bat first, Perth could be worth a sneaky nibble at $2.00. Prediction: Renegades by 10 runs/ 5 wickets.

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13

Perth Scorchers ($2.00) vs Melbourne Renegades ($1.78) at the WACA' date= Saturday December 29th. Starting Time: 18:00 (local) Only Previous Encounter (22 December, 2011) Melbourne Renegades 3/188 from 20 overs (McDonald 50, Finch 49, Maxwell 31, Razzaq 27no, Reardon 22no) Perth Scorchers 2/192 from 19.2 overs (Marsh 99no, Gibbs 57) Perth won by 8 wickets. This is an interesting game as it is the first non short term drop in wicket that the Renegades have played on. The spin attack has certainly benefited from the slower surfaces and will not be granted this luxury in Perth. While the Renegades are the best performed team of the competition, they haven’t been given the chance to set a target. They only batted first in one of their three pre-BBL02 practice matches against the Canberra Comets, managing only 8/102. This is the only exposed form we can judge, but you’d expect confidence only would be enough to see a major improvement on that score. Perth will be on a high after two unexpected away wins on the east coast. Shaun Marsh looks to have regained his touch this tournament and will be vital Perth being competitive. Alfonso Thomas has been a welcome inclusion taking 4 wickets in his two games while operating at only 6 an over. The Renegades are playing too well to pick against, but if you wait for the toss and the Renegades bat first, Perth could be worth a sneaky nibble at $2.00. Prediction: Renegades by 10 runs/ 5 wickets.
I thought i had read this somewhere before then realised it was just a copy and paste job.

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Saturday preview: 4pts Perth Scorchers to beat Melbourne Renegades 11/10 Bet365 I think the Scorchers could be a bit of value in this match because the conditions are massively different to those that the Renegades are used to. The Renegades have been on slow, low wickets which have helped their spinners but these conditions suit the seamers which will help Perth as they have Alfonso Thomas and Nat Coulter-Nile among others. You’d also say Perth have the longer batting line up so at odds against they are the call here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/perth-scorchers-vs-melbourne-renegades-betting-perth-can-make-it-3-wins-on-the-bounce-at-the-waca

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Sunday preview: 4pts Sydney Thunder vs Sydney Sixers - Over 9.5 6's 5/6 Stan James Picking a winner between two poor sides isn’t easy and I’m not going to try. Instead I’ll go with the tried and tested bet of over 9.5 6’s. This ANZ Stadium is tiny straight down the wicket and there are so many straight hitters in this match that I expect to see a lot of sixes. The likes of Lumb, Haddin, Henriques, Gayle, Prior and Abbott all hit down the ground and with enough medium pacers on both sides I expect to see plenty of sixes here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sydney-thunder-vs-sydney-sixers-betting-expect-to-see-a-lot-of-sixes-in-the-second-sydney-derby-of-the-season

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Tuesday preview: 4pts Hobart Hurricanes Most 6's vs Perth Scorchers Evs Boylesports Either side could win this match in all fairness but the bet which catches by eye here is for the Hurricanes to hit the most 6’s. If you take Marsh and Gibbs out of the Scorchers side there isn’t a huge amount of six hitting potential until Nathan Coulter-Nile comes in down the order. That’s not the case with Hobart who have Ponting, Blizzard, Birt, Shah and Bailey who can all clear any boundary in the competition. The Hobart bowling is a lot harder to get away too with all their change ups so I like Hobart to hit the most 6’s here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hobart-hurricanes-vs-perth-scorchers-betting-hobart-s-bigger-hitters-can-clear-the-ropes-the-most

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Great call that Wongy :lol. Wednesday preview: 4pts Adelaide Strikers Most 6's vs Melbourne Renegades Evs Blue Square No side in the tournament has hit more sixes than the Adelaide Strikers and I expect them to hit the most sixes in this match. In Tim Ludeman, Nathan Reardon and Kieron Pollard the Strikers have three of the biggest hitters in the tournament. If you take Aaron Finch out of this Renegades batting line up it isn’t going the best and although it has players who can clear the ropes it doesn’t have that explosive hitter like a Kieron Pollard so I fancy the Strikers to hit the most 6’s in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/melbourne-renegades-vs-adelaide-strikers-betting-big-hitting-strikers-can-hit-the-most-6-s-at-the-etihad-stadium

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Stick a fork in me for this tournament. There just isn't the same value around the matches that there was in the beginning. Anyone else think this comp could have been shortened by two weeks by doubling up games on the weekend and public holidays? It really is starting to drag and I'm losing interest and I think the players are thinking the same.

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 Agreed Alf, the games have still been good, but they have pretty much all been night games. Absolutely no reason why doubling up couldn't happen apart from a tv deal I would imagine! The value has all but gone... but we did well at the beginning at least! Also with the Caribbean T20 starting this week too, I'm certain there will be even more value in that competition due to less information being around on the players. Looking forward to that!

Re: Big Bash League 2012-13 I must admit I have quite enjoyed this tournament so far. If nothing else it was some welcome morning sport over the Christmas holidays. I think Alf makes a good point though. If the comp was over a more compressed timeframe then it might make it easier to manage the conflict with the international schedules, so you could get the best players at the Big Bash for longer. The match odds on the better teams are starting to get quite short now aren't they. I have just taken one small in-running bet though to provide a bit of interest: Ricky Ponting outright top tournament runscorer ( 24/1, Betfair ). 1/10 points. Currently the list is: Finch 242 Paine 204 Hodge 201 Rohrer 196 Marsh 193 Ponting 193 Finch's 111 was a wonderful knock but it represents almost 50% of his total runs and given he has been out for 13 and 8 in his last two innings I have talked myself into believing it's not impossible he can be overhauled at the top. Then after Finch it is pretty close. Hodge has the advantage that the Stars have a game in hand. Rohrer and Paine seem to be in good nick. But Punter's last two group matches are both at home and he seems to be enjoying his cricket from what I can tell - seemed as upbeat as I can remember him in the last post-match interview I saw. Perhaps being away from the Aus Test side and all the stress that must bring has been good for his mindset. He can just focus on his game. He has put together some pretty consistent performances in his last 3 innings, and his tournamnet strike rate and average stand comparison with a number of the other guys up there. And if Hobart make the semis as seems entirely possible ( let's hope they do, I followed Kev's outright tip ! :) ) then there will be at least three more innings ( maybe four ) which he can anchor and hopefully build up some more runs with the crease time he could be afforded. Perhaps a bit of wishful thinking as it will take something pretty special for Punter to win it from here. But at this price I thought I would take an interest for the minumum stake to see how close he can get. Good luck all, and happy new year.