** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Newcastle United v Wigan Athletic > Mon 3rd December

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Newcastle United v Wigan Athletic (20:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.25 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

You have to fancy Wigan to get something here. Wigan + 0.5 @ 1.87 - bet365. I thought Newcastle weren't particularly good defensively against Stoke, and they allowed Southampton to boss the midfield last weekend. They played well against Stoke but were done by poor defending. Players switching off. I think what you get with Wigan is very purposeful attacking play. They kind of continue playing the way they play, regardless of what form they're in, or whether they're behind in a game. They have a philosophy under Martinez of attacking football, where they recognise scoring goals is the main thing, and they will continue that way no matter what. They were pretty impressive, and it was only confidence issues in the final third that stopped them from scoring at least. I thought they deserved more than they got. Ultimately I think Newcastle are performing worse than Wigan are, and I believe Wigan have a better chance if picking up at least a pint here, than Newcastle do of picking up a win.

Re: Newcastle United v Wigan Athletic > Mon 3rd December Have to agree, Newcastle have added Steven Taylor to the injury list and Perch suspended, Cabaye and Ben Arfa still out you cant see wigan losing, the done alright against city in the first half. They have players in Gomez, Kone and Di Santo that can exploit any inexperience in Newcastles back line although they will miss the creativity of Maloney. The other thing that worries me is Ivan Ramis is out and Gary Caldwell is 50/50 which could be huge. Might wait until Monday to see team line-ups before deciding on this one But like the look of the draw.

Re: Newcastle United v Wigan Athletic > Mon 3rd December I'm sure Neil will be looking at the most goals in either half market too, but the evs available on the 2nd half looks good to me. Wigan haven't scored or conceded a goal in the first half away this season while Newcastle have scored 71% of their home goals in the second half. Quite obviously, Wigan are more than happy to get to away games goalless at half time and considering they have been playing teams in better scoring form than Newcastle,there is no reason that shouldn't continue here. Neither team have had a 0-0 this season.

Re: Newcastle United v Wigan Athletic > Mon 3rd December 4pts Over 2.5 goals 1.97 BetVictor Initially when I looked at this match I did so thinking Wigan were value and I still think that but given they have injuries too I think the match market is best swerved. Wigan always like to have a go though and that can sometimes be to the detriment of their defence and I wouldn’t expect Roberto Martinez to abandon his style here. I think we could see a few goals in this match in what I expect to be an open game on a big pitch and with over 2.5 goals being close to evens I think there’s enough value there for a bet. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newcastle-vs-wigan-betting-two-injury-hit-sides-could-well-play-out-a-very-open-match-at-st-james-

Re: Newcastle United v Wigan Athletic > Mon 3rd December As mentioned above , its a bizarre statistics. Wigan have not scored or conceded a 1st half goal away from home this season. Zip , NADA , F-all !!! So 6 away games 6 first half draws. Pretty freaky stuff . So, if you are going for a result in the game, it is almost worth taking it onto the 1st half draw as a combination bet. They are probably going to draw the 1st half ! ie. Newcastle to win match is 21/20 but draw and newcastle win is 4-1 Wigan to win match is 11/4 but draw and wigan win is 7-1 Drawn match is 12/5 but draw-draw is 9/2 (all bet365) Neil.

Re: Newcastle United v Wigan Athletic > Mon 3rd December Over 3.5 @ 3.32 sportsbet Two desperate sides looking for a win and coming into this game with poor recent form as Newcastle have lost their last four games while Wigan have won one and lost the other three of their last four games. Newcastle have scored in 5 of their last 7 games but have conceded in each of these games, while allowing at least two goals in their last 2 games. Wigan have scored in 6 of their last 8 games, while they have conceded in 7 of these games, and at least two goals in 6 of these 8 games. With key defenders out, both sides can't stop goals being scored against them while they have some decent attacking players who can score. Both teams should score and can see this being a high scoring game given the need for the three points here 38-71 (-21.30)

Re: Newcastle United v Wigan Athletic > Mon 3rd December I see that many people are playing over 2.5 goals. I believe that this game will be without many goals. The reason is because both teams will be missing some players and not only that. Wigan is not that good away and in last few away games scored at most one goal or did not score. Newcastle is in bad shape and they score average 0.5 goals when playing home which is very poor. I will play under 2.5 here because odds are good and facts are pointing that way as I see it. William Hill is offering 1.91 for under 2.5

Re: Newcastle United v Wigan Athletic > Mon 3rd December Think I'll have to go draw-draw for this, small bet only. Don't think either side has a huge amount of quality, injuries for each will disrupt their rhythm, Newcastle will be very cagey after a terrible run. Considered under 2.5 @5/6 but think 9/2 on offer for draw/draw is better value. 33/1 at least available in case anyone likes Newc HT/ Wigan FT

Re: Newcastle United v Wigan Athletic > Mon 3rd December Very tough game to call tonight. I suspect Newcastle are not value at under evens, and I reckon should be priced up around 2.2, they have a lot of injuries to key personnel but they have the key players Ba + Cisse up front. I actually think they were pretty good against a decent Stoke side. Wigan have been pretty much the same away from home - ultra defensive. They have won two from eight attempts but largely I see them sitting back and hoping something happens at the other end. Which is no means a bad plan - has produced 2 wins from 6 games - over a season this equates to 18 points; but no-one in the League has scored less away from home. With a price promo on Newcastle should be roared on by their home fans, for a little bit of interest I am taking the Newcastle multi-corner spread (11, Spreadex). I feel that a lot of the onus will be given to Newcastle and they will be pressing the Wigan area quite a lot. A high-risk trade, but an interesting stat is that on average, no-one conceded more corners than Wigan away from home.

Re: Newcastle United v Wigan Athletic > Mon 3rd December I am probably in the minority in thinking Newcastle will win here. Also I don't see how people can guarantee over 2.5 goals here when Wigan have only scored 4 goals away from home all season and Newcastle are very short on confidence. There may well be over 2.5 goals scored in the match but I certainly wouldn't be confident of this happening. Newcastle have struggled since beating West Brom at home and have lost their last 4 games but they have had some tricky fixtures amongst them. Not many teams get anything from Stoke and they did come very close to pulling off a victory there. A home loss to Swansea can be forgiven as I feel Swansea have been brilliant at times this year. Southampton and West Ham were both poor results but Newcastle are more than capable of getting a result tonight. They are unbeaten against Wigan at home in their last 7 games I think and they will see this game as a must 3 points. They still possess a very potent threat in Ba and Cisse and I don't think they are that weak at the back tonight looking at the team. They are a bit short for the win but I would even take a chance on the handicap.

Re: Newcastle United v Wigan Athletic > Mon 3rd December Id be very careful with an overs bet here, yes Wigan could be missing Caldwell as well as Ramis but to take advantage of this Newcastle will have to find a way of feeding cisse and ba without ben arfa and Cabaye which they were unable to do against the worst defence in the league against Southampton and have scored just 2 goals in their last 4 league games. Both teams have went both under and over 3 times in their last 6 games in all competitions so there is no form for predicting either in this game. Having said that, a quick preview on skysports states some interesting facts, Wigan havnt won at St James' Park in 7 attempts but the 3 draws they managed all ended 2-2. Newcastle havn't lost 3 home games in a row at home since april 2009. So I dont see them losing this game but equally I cant see them winning it either. I was thinking about HT/FT draw earlier on today and when Neil mentioned it above just confirmed it for me.

Re: Newcastle United v Wigan Athletic > Mon 3rd December BA to score anytime 2.42 Betfair Newcastle have been poor lately but started to show improvement against Stoke. Two Stoke late goals denying Newcastle points in their previous game. I think Newcastle will get some joy tonight as Wigan have been on a downturn, and I feel Newcastle are Close to getting a result go their way. As a result I fancy BA to score as he is their main man and is the most likely player for Newcastle to score. I am tempted to go for a Newcastle Win but I think Ba to score is better. BA to score anytime 2.42 Betfair

Re: Newcastle United v Wigan Athletic > Mon 3rd December

BA to score anytime 2.42 Betfair Newcastle have been poor lately but started to show improvement against Stoke. Two Stoke late goals denying Newcastle points in their previous game. I think Newcastle will get some joy tonight as Wigan have been on a downturn' date= and I feel Newcastle are Close to getting a result go their way. As a result I fancy BA to score as he is their main man and is the most likely player for Newcastle to score. I am tempted to go for a Newcastle Win but I think Ba to score is better. BA to score anytime 2.42 Betfair
Dont want to appear like a SHow Off but 13 Mins gone. Bet done.

Re: Newcastle United v Wigan Athletic > Mon 3rd December Well done Undertaker...Had a little bet on that,,Myself,,2-0 after 20 mins,,,Another 70 to play to get my third bet up on the night.. Had BTTS in the cheltenham game,,that was up after 20,,so here is hoping for the 3rd goal in this game.

Well done Undertaker...Had a little bet on that,,Myself,,2-0 after 20 mins,,,Another 70 to play to get my third bet up on the night.. Had BTTS in the cheltenham game,,that was up after 20,,so here is hoping for the 3rd goal in this game.
my only regret was not taking him as First Goalscorer aswell. I was very Close to doing @ 5.90

Re: Newcastle United v Wigan Athletic > Mon 3rd December That decision changed the game and the ref got it wrong IMO, it was a soft penalty that he didnt have to give, it could have went either way but he got himself into trouble because as soon as he gave the penalty he had to give a red. Wigan had started brightly too. 2 bad ref decisions this weekend have got the ball rolling spoiling bets on me :@

Re: Newcastle United v Wigan Athletic > Mon 3rd December Wow it's just impossible to punt on a game and not see a red card. I must have had 8 bets recently (small ones) where a player has been sent off, and its a game changing decision. I really hate this last man bs, as they get the penalty and get a man sent off, game over and contest done.

Wow it's just impossible to punt on a game and not see a red card. I must have had 8 bets recently (small ones) where a player has been sent off' date=' and its a game changing decision. I really hate this last man bs, as they get the penalty and get a man sent off, game over and contest done.[/quote'] Unlucky guys.. Its never nice to see red cards...

Re: Newcastle United v Wigan Athletic > Mon 3rd December 3-0..:clap,,overs landed. But a couple of points from this, Newcastle were fortunate, and Wigan are now deep in the mire for their next game..QPR. 2 big defenders now suspended, however they never fail to go forward, so thats on Overs game in the future IMO. Also dont get carried away with Newcastle, they travel to Fulham next Monday, Their defence wont hold to Fulham IMO. Anyhow well done winners, Onwards and upwards to tommorows games.

That decision changed the game and the ref got it wrong IMO' date=' it was a soft penalty that he didnt have to give, it could have went either way but he got himself into trouble because as soon as he gave the penalty he had to give a red. Wigan had started brightly too. 2 bad ref decisions this weekend have got the ball rolling spoiling bets on me :@[/quote'] Exactly. Super soft, shoulder-to-shoulder, NOTHING pen! I understand its difficult for the ref, but he had already been lenient with Cisse (2 reckless tackles--no card) and Tiote. So if he followed the pattern HE had established, it should not be a pen. Poor Wigan, poor neutral viewer, and poor US (punters)!