Newcastle United v Wigan Athletic > Mon 3rd December

Aidymac

You have to fancy Wigan to get something here. Wigan + 0.5 @ 1.87 - bet365. I thought Newcastle weren't particularly good defensively against Stoke, and they allowed Southampton to boss the midfield last weekend. They played well against Stoke but were done by poor defending. Players switching off. I think what you get with Wigan is very purposeful attacking play. They kind of continue playing the way they play, regardless of what form they're in, or whether they're behind in a game. They have a philosophy under Martinez of attacking football, where they recognise scoring goals is the main thing, and they will continue that way no matter what. They were pretty impressive, and it was only confidence issues in the final third that stopped them from scoring at least. I thought they deserved more than they got. Ultimately I think Newcastle are performing worse than Wigan are, and I believe Wigan have a better chance if picking up at least a pint here, than Newcastle do of picking up a win.
I think this was buggered by the early sending off but :clap to all winners! Onwards and upwards :ok