West Ham v Chelsea > Sat 1st December

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]West Ham v Chelsea (12:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.86[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.72 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Was going to say the same thing. Chelsea are really really short IMO too. Unders should be the play here though at decent odds. Chelsea should have the majority of possession, yet under Rafa they've had two back to back 0-0's. That was unfathomable under RDM. West Ham will probably go with their main game plan, which is to stifle the midfield, a d get the ball up to the big target man as quick as possible for players like Nolan to run on to from midfield etc... West Ham on a positive handicap looks the play also as they've been tough to beat at home this season. They held City to a 0-0 here, so I wouldn't rule out another drab affair.

Re: West Ham v Chelsea > Sat 1st December *Chelsea > 2 Points WIN @ 1.94 Pinnacle* I won't be putting as much money on Chelsea this time, as they let me down bigtime against Fulham, but i do feel all they need is probably 1 goal to beat West Ham, as Rafa has Chelsea playing very good defensively already in his tenure. They have kept 2 clean sheets from 2 games under his management, and West Ham will struggle to break them down, and i firmly believe Rafa will get Torres back scoring goals again, given time. He gave a statement today suggesting Chelsea can win the league, so only 3 points will suffice against the Hammers after dropping 2 points to Fulham. West Ham played well at Old Trafford, but didn't offer a whole pile in the final third. They will be better at home, and Chelsea are in for a battle, so i am only going for a small stakes Chelsea win , 2/10. Chelsea have a very good head to head against West Ham, and are worth a small investment at the price.

Re: West Ham v Chelsea > Sat 1st December

Based on rafa's defensive plan and their last two goalless I am backing under 2.5 Under 2.5 @1.95 bet365
Either Under 2.5 @ 1.96 or Under 2.75 @ 1.76 (both 5dimes) Like Kerry & Jase, I see few goals here. Adding to what's been said about Rafa's negative style, we also know W Ham & Big Sam are keen on sound defending, notably holding ManU to 1 goal at OT and City scoreless at home. Contrarily, I do see Rafa being under pressure from the Russian Oligarch to starting scoring (& fast), but with Torres being the irreplaceable man no matter how bad he is, its up to Mata, Hazard, Oscar to score.

Re: West Ham v Chelsea > Sat 1st December 10/11 is a nice price for unders, Big Sams teams are tough to beat and will play 4-5-1 like they did at old trafford I would think. Chelsea are probably stuck with 4-5-1 until they can get a reliable partner/replacement for torres. Too many bodies around midfield and not a lot of space I can see this being a scrappy hard fought game and like the look of Rafa starting with 3 draws in a row but happy taking the unders at nearly evens.

Re: West Ham v Chelsea > Sat 1st December If Chelsea can't score at home I'm unsure of how and who will score for them away. Maybe an own goal ! Seriously Chelsea have not shown that winners mentality. ie Winning when you play badly. The champions do it at least 5 times a season !!! Chelsea played 2 under Benetiz and both 0-0 at home. With that kind of approach its unlikely they will set the world ablaze away from home. This 'will not lose' attitude is not ideal. Not sure where it gets you. You don't lose but you stop winning as well. They look like they don't like or believe in the game plan. You just can't be swapping managers in and out like this. Eventually nobody believes or really understands what they are trying to do !!! Chelsea have serious potential. The wins over Arsenal and Spurs away showed it. Can Benitez unlock it ? Personally , I don't think so. West ham have failed to score at home in 1 game of 7 at home (versus Man City). They have had 3 clean sheets at home (Man City, Fulham, Aston Villa) They are a tough nut to crack at home. I just cannot see Chelsea beating them by 2 goals. Two bets I like are the asian +1 on W. Ham (odds 1.8) (2 Units) and the home win at 4.3 (1 unit in gamble accumulator)

Re: West Ham v Chelsea > Sat 1st December Benitez is trying to stabilize them but the costs are that he looses points and we all know that 2 lost and one win is the same as 3 draws. I think he wants to stabilize and then build on that. So it is expected that he will have a similar gameplan again. Its awfull but its probably the only way to work it out as oscar hazard, mata and torres are useless in defense work. You can outscore your opponent only when you have a striker who nets at least every other game or a world class defence. Who lets not more then one in every game. Both are not in chelseas possesion. Im pretty sure that Benitez will clinch to a narrow lead. I think Im taking a gamble on the hcx, narrow win for chelsea cause west ham is capable of holding the game tight. Backing chelsea under evens in this situation doesnt look comfortable. 0:1 cs for chelsea? why not

Re: West Ham v Chelsea > Sat 1st December Chelsea have a very good record at Upton Park, having won 4 of their last 5 league games there, and drawn the other. If Di Matteo was still manager, I would probably back them at 1.8. Benitez changes things a bit though, and I agree with others that under 2.5 at just under evens looks good value - Benitez seems more interested in not losing than winning.

Re: West Ham v Chelsea > Sat 1st December Should be quite a boring game this one with both sides playing defensively getting men back behind the ball. Chelsea should also be rotating again for Champions League which won't help fluidity of the team. Most obvious 2.5 goals of the weekend which is why bookies have now dropped this from 2.0 to 1.7 Under 2.5 Goals - 10 points

Re: West Ham v Chelsea > Sat 1st December 4pts Under 2.5 goals 10/11 Betfred Neither side are in good form at the minute and both are just struggling a little bit for goals. Benitez looks to have sorted out Chelsea’s openness at the back while West Ham are pretty strong defensively too so I expect a bit of a tight, low scoring game here. I’m surprised under 2.5 goals is as big as 10/11 but that looks the more likely outcome to me in this London derby. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/west-ham-vs-chelsea-betting-upton-park-unlikely-to-see-an-avalanche-of-goals-on-saturday

Re: West Ham v Chelsea > Sat 1st December Chelsea @ 2.05 sportsbet Benitez has brought some stability to their defence with two clean sheets, and that has been without Terry in defence. Now they can look forward to getting some numbers forward and getting goals. With West Ham having conceded in 7 of their last 9 EPL games, and 4 of their last 5 games at home in the EPL, then Chelsea have the talent to score here. While Torres and others have not scored in their last few games, it is only a matter of time that they do, and this West Ham defence, though committed and workmanlike, there is nothing flashy about them, and some creativity by their attacking players like Mata (who was rested midweek) and Oscar should be able to supply some service to Torres here. Chelsea without a win in six EPL games look the more likely to win this one and get themselves back in the title race 35-67 (-21.59)

Re: West Ham v Chelsea > Sat 1st December Under 2.5 @ 1.91 Betfair 1-1 Correct Score @ 7.4 Betfair Not much to add from what others have said. This is all about Benitez and his defensive impact on the team. I'd questioned how much effect he could have so soon with the same line-up, but 2 0-0 draws suggests he is. Plus the fact that Torres is still in such horrible form, scoring just 1 goal in his last 11 appearances, and Rafa complaining about the squad being too small and the players getting too tired as a result, doesn't bode well for goals.

Re: West Ham v Chelsea > Sat 1st December I know scorecasts are a mugs game but having a go in this win for small stakes (and a bit of interest). Chelsea's new-found defensive priorities is obviously being factored in to a lot of people's bets and fair enough. With the defensive issues being addressed immediately I'm assuming that alot of time on the training pitch will have been centred around developing an understanding between Torres and his attacking colleagues. To be fair to Hazard, Mata, Oscar they were doing all that was asked of them in trying to provide chances for Torres Torres' movement and positioning was a disgrace. If Torres can be a*sed (a big question mark next to that, by the way) to help out those around him he may well begin to see the benefits not just for the team but for himself (the selfish tosser). Despite slagging him I'm giving him one last chance to prove me wrong and at small stakes (to keep an interest in the game) doing the following: Scorecast: Torres - Chelsea 1:0 (35/1 with Betvictor) (0.5 units) Scorecast: Torres - Chelsea 2:0 (50/1 with Betvictor) (0.5 units)

Re: West Ham v Chelsea > Sat 1st December There are reports that Oscar will be dropped for the game vs. west ham which gives even more for the under 2,5. Benitez said the squad is to light and not fit. I think he is right. The upfront players played like every game and the CL pressed the fitness out of them. What worries me for the under 2,5 is that West ham was involved in some high scoring games. Also the h2h is very high scoring albeit not very squad similar to today. Taking into account that west ham played very organised vs. city and manu I tend to take the under 2,5 too. Andy Caroll meanwhile is doubtfull but I guess he will make it. David Luiz is missing but he wasnt very stable lately and Cahill not that bad. ht x / ft chelsea looks good too.

Re: West Ham v Chelsea > Sat 1st December A few concerns I have with the under 2.5 goals here . 1) 0-0 Simply won't tolerated by Abromovich. The guy is a kid with a toy, and instant gratification is the name of his game. Forget building a team. I want it NOW !!!! And he has influence in a meddling kind of way. Torres in at 50 million was his idea, not RDM. 2) Chelsea will have huge pressure to get a result. They have to score !!! Can't go 3 games without a goal with the talent available. They have to go looking for goals, and they may give up goals doing this . 3) No John Terry, and West Ham are sure to play a direct crossing game that has to suite Kevin Nolan and Andy Carrol. Added to this is that Chelsea need a goal, so long ball counter attack will also work.... Can see W Ham scoring 1 or 2 goals. 4) No rotation of players, so tiredness for Chelsea is there. 5) Throw away the form book. There is no away form to go on under Benitez. So nobody has seen or knows what Chelsea will do away under him. Anything could happen here with Chelsea ! At the other end of the scale : You know what the home team will bring .... Makes no sense to be betting big on this Chelsea at the moment ..... May as well chose RED or BLACK !

Re: West Ham v Chelsea > Sat 1st December Early London derby awaits us as 10th placed West Ham (5-4-5, 16:16, 19 pts) is hosting 3rd placed Chelsea (7-5-2, 24:13, 26 pts). I believe in Chelsea in this one, the condition is critical and the team is in such dire need of points that they'll pull it together and win. I think a win versus Fulham in the last round was expected and that's why they didn't perform the way they should have. It should be different now, against a West Ham that has two losses in a row (although the losses did come from Tottenham & Man Utd away). The pressure put on Torres is even bigger now that Benitez has been hired especially to get Nando going but all he needs is one goal to bring back some confidence and should he score one goal today I think he'll score at least one more. Injuries & suspensions West Ham v Chelsea FC West Ham: Benayoun, Collison, Diarra, Vaz Te, Carroll (doubtful) Chelsea FC: Luiz, Lampard, Sturridge, Terry Chelsea FC 1.90

Re: West Ham v Chelsea > Sat 1st December i've considered all aspects of this game and like many believe west ham can pull of a result like against man city at home. but they do concede at home and arsenal have beaten them as well. i'm a chelsea fan and i hate betting in our matches because my heart seems to over rule my head. but i believe we can beat west ham today, we havent conceded in 2 and we pose enough attacking threat to grab just one goal, we have to win eventually and we have a good record at west ham and against them. i cant see many goals though, and i've seen value in this bet. or maybe my heart just over ruled my head again... Chelsea to win and under 2.5 goals @4 bet365

A few concerns I have with the under 2.5 goals here . 1) 0-0 Simply won't tolerated by Abromovich. The guy is a kid with a toy, and instant gratification is the name of his game. Forget building a team. I want it NOW !!!! And he has influence in a meddling kind of way. Torres in at 50 million was his idea, not RDM. Torres was signed before RDM and regardless of what Abramovich would like Torres is hopelessly out of form 2) Chelsea will have huge pressure to get a result. They have to score !!! Can't go 3 games without a goal with the talent available. They have to go looking for goals, and they may give up goals doing this. There was probably more pressure on the home game against fulham, Moses in for Oscar is a step sideways and doesnt change my opinion of the game. 3) No John Terry, and West Ham are sure to play a direct crossing game that has to suite Kevin Nolan and Andy Carrol. Added to this is that Chelsea need a goal, so long ball counter attack will also work.... Can see W Ham scoring 1 or 2 goals. They had no JT against Man City and done alright, Ivanovic is solid and Cahill is more solid with Ivanovic as a defensive partner, West ham have scored 4 goals in their last 6 games...hardly prolific. 4) No rotation of players, so tiredness for Chelsea is there. 5) Throw away the form book. There is no away form to go on under Benitez. So nobody has seen or knows what Chelsea will do away under him. Anything could happen here with Chelsea ! Know form book but an insight into negative tactics which I think is what a lot of us are taking a gamble on here At the other end of the scale : You know what the home team will bring .... Makes no sense to be betting big on this Chelsea at the moment ..... May as well chose RED or BLACK !
Some thoughts on the point you made Neil,

75 minutes gone and it's 1-1' date=' may find a lot out about Rafa (how he will be in long run) in the next 15 minutes, will he settle for the draw now??[/quote'] Knowing his style from Liverpool, I believe that in the last 15 minutes he will take out his best forward to fortify back with another holding midfielder and will say at the press-conference after the game that he is very happy with the result and the way his team played. "Oppa Rafa Style" ;-)

A few concerns I have with the under 2.5 goals here . 1) 0-0 Simply won't tolerated by Abromovich. The guy is a kid with a toy, and instant gratification is the name of his game. Forget building a team. I want it NOW !!!! And he has influence in a meddling kind of way. Torres in at 50 million was his idea, not RDM. Torres was signed before RDM and regardless of what Abramovich would like Torres is hopelessly out of form 2) Chelsea will have huge pressure to get a result. They have to score !!! Can't go 3 games without a goal with the talent available. They have to go looking for goals, and they may give up goals doing this. There was probably more pressure on the home game against fulham, Moses in for Oscar is a step sideways and doesnt change my opinion of the game. 3) No John Terry, and West Ham are sure to play a direct crossing game that has to suite Kevin Nolan and Andy Carrol. Added to this is that Chelsea need a goal, so long ball counter attack will also work.... Can see W Ham scoring 1 or 2 goals. They had no JT against Man City and done alright, Ivanovic is solid and Cahill is more solid with Ivanovic as a defensive partner, West ham have scored 4 goals in their last 6 games...hardly prolific. 4) No rotation of players, so tiredness for Chelsea is there. 5) Throw away the form book. There is no away form to go on under Benitez. So nobody has seen or knows what Chelsea will do away under him. Anything could happen here with Chelsea ! Know form book but an insight into negative tactics which I think is what a lot of us are taking a gamble on here At the other end of the scale : You know what the home team will bring .... Makes no sense to be betting big on this Chelsea at the moment ..... May as well chose RED or BLACK !
1) Torres was just an example , but Abramovich wants to meddle. 2) far more pressure to score and get a result after two 0-0's at home. 3) Man City don't play long ball soccer. Chelsea were taken apart in the air today. 5) He had to go for the game, and be more attacking in this game compared to the last 2.

Re: West Ham v Chelsea > Sat 1st December In fairness their first goal was a plain foul, its an ariel equivalent to going through the player to get to the ball imo. Dont agree that they were taken apart in the air either, West Ham played decent counter attacking football. I dont think a 0-0 at home to city is a particularly bad result. What I meant was there will be less fans at an away match so less hecklers = less pressure, the pressure is well an truly on now though. But all in all West Ham outplayed Chelsea in the 2nd half and deserved the victory, albeit with a fortuitous first goal which changed the flow of the game imo. Fair play for predicting goals though :ok

In fairness their first goal was a plain foul, its an ariel equivalent to going through the player to get to the ball imo.
Terrible decision by the ref. Ivanovic could'nt jump because he had a player on his back. Quiet a bizarre result really considering each team was playing 4 -5 -1

Terrible decision by the ref. Ivanovic could'nt jump because he had a player on his back. Quiet a bizarre result really considering each team was playing 4 -5 -1
Ya its unexpected, but to me the difference is when W Ham scored, they didn't say to themselves, "OK, draw is good". No, they went for it all and took the game. On the other hand, Chelsea have ZERO killer instinct. They go up 1 and say, "OK, good work for today, looking forward to a nice warm shower". With no pressure on them in the first half, Chelsea should have killed the game, but (1) they can't (b/c of Torres mostly) and (2) they don't think this way. Its utter bollocks