Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool > Wednesday 28th Nov

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.37[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.04 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool > Wednesday 28th Nov Wow , this sure looks like a terrific price for a Spurs win. Watched the Swansea / Liverpool game today and Liverpool were terrible. They were so slow, lacking in ideas, and just lethargic. It's like they are trying to play Barcelona type soccer. They just don't have the speed, guile, finesse and ability. Completely over reliant on Suarez and are a 1 trick pony. There is simply no plan-B. I thought Enrique, Hendersen and Downing were terrible, with Enrique showing zero pace. I imagine that Lennon will tear him to pieces, unless Liverpool double team their left side. Watched the Spurs/ West Ham game, and what a difference !!!!! Real attacking speed and prowess. Gareth Bale had a terrific game :clap Can't for a second see Liverpool keeping a clean sheet in this game. Head to head Spurs have owned the last 4 fixtures winning 4-0,2-1,2-1,2-1 Another amazing statistics for tottenham : there have been three 1st half goals in 7 games averaging .35 match goals every 1st half at home. Tottenham have scored one goal in 7 1st halves, which is pathetic. Maybe they have to watch an Atletico Madrid or Dortmund game, to see how it's done. At some stage they have to show up , back themselves, and go out and play 1st half soccer at home. Not being able to score for half of every game needs to be rectified. You can't win 1, 45 minute period out of 7 at home, and be a top team. They need to hit the ground running .... I will take the under .5 1st half goals at 9/4 in a small gamble bet (maybe with stoke to win 1-0) I will take the 11/8 bet365 for the home win every day. Sooner or later a team is going to hammer Liverpool, especially if they play like they did against Swansea.

I'd concur. Trouble is, Liverpool tend to up their performances significantly against higher ranked opposition. Which makes it a harder one to call. I assume Adebayor will still miss out. Could be something in Liverpool tbh as I can see a lot of attention on Spurs, and Liverpool maybe shouldn't be priced above three. Usually when they look like they're going to take a beating, they come out with a performance.

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool > Wednesday 28th Nov Just a word of caution, Spurs have been a little shaky recently and Liverpool are unbeaten in 8. Prior to yesterday, Spurs have only beaten Villa and QPR on home soil but since their opening day defeat at West Brom, Liverpool are unbeaten on their travels, taking a point from 2 of the top 5 Rodgers has made his team very hard to beat away from home and I wouldnt be too surprised if this is Spurs first draw in a long time

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool > Wednesday 28th Nov this might be a good game for both team to score. Spurs to take the lead with Suarez getting the equalizer for the reds. Both these teams can't be trusted at the moment spurs always seem to lose the lead in games even if they are playing well and Liverpool are just not quite there yet. they seem to just pass, pass, pass, pass without ideas sometimes.

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool > Wednesday 28th Nov If spurs can start the game the way they did against Arsenal they have a good chance. Dembele is back for them which is a big plus as they've missed him with 3 losses in their last 4 league games, in fairness 2 of them were away to Arsenal and Man City. They just seem too unpredictable to be comfortable taking them against Liverpool with no defeats in 8. They played awful against Man City, i didnt see the Wigan game but 1-0 at home is not a good scoreline. I suppose the price is about right. I can see Brendan Rodgers being happy enough to come away with a point here. The stats will say otherwise but I dont see Liverpool creating much, happy to keep the ball but not have enough quality to feed Suarez. With defoe up front on his own and Johnson able to handle the pace of bale I can see this being a low scoring affair. Under 2.5 Goals @ 11/10 with William Hill

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool > Wednesday 28th Nov

Dembele is back for them which is a big plus
If this is guaranteed and Dembele starts with Bale, Lennon, Defoe, I also see Tottenham win @ ~2.45 as good value. They are a different side with Dembele because of his unique ability to boss the midfield. I am highly weary of Tottenham's consistent inconsistency, but against an average Liverpool which is completely reliant upon Suarez being amazing every game, I think Tottenham have a definite edge.

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool > Wednesday 28th Nov Liverpool traditionally struggle against pace and Spurs have got it. They also have the firepower to outgun LFC. After LFC baulked at stumping up a poxy extra couple of million to secure the services of Dempsey pre-season I expect he'll feel like he has a point to prove? Spurs win: 11/8 Stanjames Dempsey to score first: 8/1 with Betvictor

If this is guaranteed and Dembele starts with Bale, Lennon, Defoe, I also see Tottenham win @ ~2.45 as good value. They are a different side with Dembele because of his unique ability to boss the midfield. I am highly weary of Tottenham's consistent inconsistency, but against an average Liverpool which is completely reliant upon Suarez being amazing every game, I think Tottenham have a definite edge.
2.45 is fair I agree, but get 11/10 for unders and it takes the risk of Suarez putting one of the chances he will probably get against spurs away..heres to a 1-0 spurs victory :ok

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool > Wednesday 28th Nov Liverpool have been playing better than Spurs lately which should indicate some value in the away team. However, Spurs have been the worst match-up for Liverpool in the past few season. Not only Pool loses on a mass scale against them, but they got out-played by Spurs in nearly each game in the last three seasons. There must be something, there must be some rational reason behind this, because Liverpool plays very well against top sides like Spurs. I think that the answer is the pace that Spurs have got on the wings which is the worst match for the slow and inefficient full-backs Liverpool have had in the last few years.

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool > Wednesday 28th Nov It feels that we didn't watch the same Pool game. I agree that the game itself wasn't that fun and it was lacking creativity, but I think that both teams cancelled each other out because they play similar football. I agree on Hendo and Downing both awful, but Enrique was MOTM for Pool. He created a lot of chances and has pace not as much as Lennon though of course. I don't think that any team will hammer Pool as Rodgers have made them hard to beat and they're getting points even when they're not playing so good. I personally feel that this is gonna be a lowscoring affair that will be decided by brilliance of Suarez or Bale. So I wouldn't be so confident on a "sure" Spurs win. As someone said I think that a draw here seems not so unlikely.

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool > Wednesday 28th Nov I have to agree, I don't think Liverpool were that bad against Swansea and Sterling was pretty unlucky not to score, I think Liverpool shaded the first half but struggled to really dominate the game. Which is no surprise really, but only that they were priced at 2.1 so that was out of line with the odds, but not my expectations. On the flipside, yeah they are unbeaten in 8 but that sounds better than it is - there have been a lot of poor results albeit with reserve sides, but they have only won 1 in 8 too. In the league is where it counts though, and they have been much improved here, indeed, their only losses are from West Brom, Arsenal and Man U, no real disgrace looking at the table. I'm not too sure about Spurs and Villas-Boas. The game is being priced up as if it's last season, but Spurs are on an even worse run of form - four defeats in the last seven games, and I'm not totally convinced about their style of play just yet. The players out are swinging it for me to the red side. Scott Parker misses out again leaving a midfield of two from Huddlestone, Sandro and Sigurdsson; I personally think Gerrard and Allen are a better, more balanced combination here. Spurs are rather makeshift at the back too, with Vertonghen playing left, this is going to be a huge opportunity for Sterling who has a massive pace advantage here. Don't think this will be flowing football but I have to agree with Jase, can't be comfortable with having Liverpool above 3's for this game.

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool > Wednesday 28th Nov Under 2.5 @ 2.05 pinnacle Spurs have been scoring and conceding goals and though they will like their chances of scoring here, without Adebayor, then too much rests on Bale and Defoe to score. Expect Liverpool to play Johnson on the right to contain the pace of Bale and then have Enrique move to the left, and can see them keeping Spurs in check as they have four clean sheets in their last seven games while they have conceded four goals in the other three games. Likewise, Liverpool have Suarez as their main outlet to goal, and though they have been leakiing goals, unless someone else from Liverpool steps up, then they will find it hard to score here yet again. Liverpool have not scored in their last three games against Spurs and though they have not beaten Spurs at WHL in their last four games there, having gone unbeaten in their last eight games this season, they are capable of picking up a point here, as they tend to lift against the better teams. Going with the under as this is the more likely outcome here.

It feels that we didn't watch the same Pool game. I agree that the game itself wasn't that fun and it was lacking creativity, but I think that both teams cancelled each other out because they play similar football. I agree on Hendo and Downing both awful, but Enrique was MOTM for Pool. He created a lot of chances and has pace not as much as Lennon though of course. I don't think that any team will hammer Pool as Rodgers have made them hard to beat and they're getting points even when they're not playing so good. I personally feel that this is gonna be a lowscoring affair that will be decided by brilliance of Suarez or Bale. So I wouldn't be so confident on a "sure" Spurs win. As someone said I think that a draw here seems not so unlikely.
To me Glen Johnson was man of the match. He gets around the park, creates opportunities, does'nt shirk his defensive duties. For Brendan Rogers to say 'we played really, really well.....' Liverpool were ordinary at best ... If Liverpool ever want to be a contender or a top 6 team, they are going to have to change the attitude of 'a point is good enough'. Better to be winning 3 games and losing 3 away (out of 6), than winning 1 and drawing 4 (which is their record now). The stigma of losing , comes with an extra 6 or 7 away points in the season.... This swansea team pretty-passes it, but they seem to be light-weight upfront. I don't mind a team being beaten, but they must also give their share of the beating's ! Gotta give yourself a good chance to win, and it can only be done when you are not afraid to lose. I would rather LOSE while trying to WIN, than DRAW when trying to DRAW, which achieves nothing in the long run.

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool > Wednesday 28th Nov I have a feeling that this is a game for Tottenham to take. Yes, Liverpool is unebaten for some games but on the other hand they rarely had a really good game away from home. They are wasting chances and their midfield looks slow. I think Tottenham will pressure them early on. Tottenhams performance last time out was really good vs. West Ham. Also in the other games vs. stronger opposition they did everything to compete Their offence looks threatening. They scored vs. everyone. Vs. Wigan they were just awfull and this is expected in some games from tottenham every season vs. lower opposition. Liverpool doesnt look very fresh. Gerrard looks tired and is now past his prime and these games midweek weekend take a toll on him. Liverpool had rather weak opposition the last weeks out(including a week chelsea). I think their style of play holding to the ball without much creativity will cost them vs. spurs. They dont have what it takes to win games reguarly. Spurs will welcome back Dembele who will get probably even more playing time. Bale and defoe look terrific and they are expected to repeat such performances giving the other palyers opportunity to shine. I just feel that Tottenham is ripe to get a win vs. a very one dimensional Liverpool side. The only big threat that yo ucan count on every game from pool is Suarez while other players like sterling are not expected to deliver in each adn every game. last season: [h=3]Steven Caulker[/h] Never looked flustered against the tricky Suarez. Made several blocks in the box and refused to allow the Uruguayan to put the ball through his legs despite numerous attempts. ________________________ Gives me confidence that Suarez might have an off game Tottenham to win @ 2,4 5/10 Ht draw / Ft tottenham @5,6 2/10

Under 2.5 @ 2.05 pinnacle Spurs have been scoring and conceding goals and though they will like their chances of scoring here, without Adebayor, then too much rests on Bale and Defoe to score. Expect Liverpool to play Johnson on the right to contain the pace of Bale and then have Enrique move to the left, and can see them keeping Spurs in check as they have four clean sheets in their last seven games while they have conceded four goals in the other three games.
Bale and Defoe are in form and Dempsey can score too. Keep in mind that Bale is a free moving player. I can see Spurs giving them a hard time with their fluent offense. Im not so sure if Liverpool can maintain their ball possesion game here with tottenham expected to pressure early(it was fantastic vs. arsenal until red card)

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool > Wednesday 28th Nov *Tottenham Hotspur > 4 Points WIN @ 2.57 Pinnacle* I think this is a great price for Spurs personally. I would have priced them up as 2.20 shots at home to Liverpool. Liverpool have only managed 1 win on the road this season, so i don't know why there is a lot of money for them. They struggle for goals, are reliant on Suarez, have poor players and are a bog standard midtable side in the league. Liverpool are unbeaten in their last 8 games in the league, but 5 of those were draws and the wins were against Norwich, Reading and Wigan, no great achievement there. Spurs have lost 3 of their last 4 games. There was no excuse for their 1-0 defeat at home to Wigan, and there is no disgrace in losing 2-1 away to Man City. Against Arsenal, they were by far the dominant side, and 1-0 up when Adebayor decided to get sent off, which changed the game completely, and last time out they had a convincing win against West Ham, and with Defoe in cracking form, along with Bale, i fancy them to take 3 points against Liverpool tonight. Spurs have a good head to head against Liverpool in recent years and the last time Liverpool won at White Hart Lane was back in 2008 when Voronin scored, long time ago now. Both sides will be eager to get a result, but i feel Rodgers would probably take a point whereas AVB will want all 3 points more, and i think they will get them.

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool > Wednesday 28th Nov I've always been suspicious about Boas although Spurs won against WH. I watched them couple of times this season and except Reading they didn't outplayed anyone and I am convinced that they have atleast 4-5 points more than they deserved. Their entire gameplan is based on pace of Bale and counterattacking. The thing that nobody mentioned and could be an important factor is fatigue. This will be third game for both teams in space of 6 days. That should be some sort of advantage for Pool, because they rested more men against YBoys. Because of that I think that under has some sort of value together with the double chance on Pool

If Liverpool ever want to be a contender or a top 6 team, they are going to have to change the attitude of 'a point is good enough'. Better to be winning 3 games and losing 3 away (out of 6), than winning 1 and drawing 4 (which is their record now). The stigma of losing , comes with an extra 6 or 7 away points in the season....
Most top sides have always based things around the notion that if you win your home games, and draw your away games you've done well. Not saying that's the right attitude but its something my dad always said to me. And the fact is, they're not a top six side currently, and I think it's better to take things in stages over the course of a few seasons. Liverpool can start going for the the jugular when they are a top six side, and have players capable of playing Rodgers' style of football, and are settled. If they tried to do too much too soon they'd end up in a perpetual state of stagnation IMO.

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool > Wednesday 28th Nov This is the rumoured Liverpool team for tonight. Note this is NOT confirmed, however is from sources who have been right on a number of occassions this season, including with much changed line-ups in the Europa League. Reina Johnson Skrtel Agger Wisdom Allen Henderson Gerrard Enrique Sterling Suarez Would be concerned about the right-hand side with Sterling & Wisdom.

This is the rumoured Liverpool team for tonight. Note this is NOT confirmed, however is from sources who have been right on a number of occassions this season, including with much changed line-ups in the Europa League. Reina Johnson Skrtel Agger Wisdom Allen Henderson Gerrard Enrique Sterling Suarez Would be concerned about the right-hand side with Sterling & Wisdom.
thanks why concerned? cause of inexperience?

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool > Wednesday 28th Nov Tottenham v Liverpool - over 2,5 goals - @4/5 (Coral) Tottenham can score at least 2 goals tonight and Suarez can dive like he always does and there you go. Last 4 meetings between those two at White Hart Lane ended over 2,5 goals: 4-0, 2-1, 2-1 and 2-1. I have it in an accumulator with Wigan v Man City - over 2,5 goals, Werder B. v B. Leverkusen - over 2,5 goals, Marseille v Lyon - over 2,5 goals and ST Johnstone v Hibernian - over 2,5 goals. Total odds @17 :hope Good luck !!! :hope

Tottenham v Liverpool - over 2' date=5 goals - @4/5 (Coral) Tottenham can score at least 2 goals tonight and Suarez can dive like he always does and there you go. Last 4 meetings between those two at White Hart Lane ended over 2,5 goals: 4-0, 2-1, 2-1 and 2-1. I have it in an accumulator with Wigan v Man City - over 2,5 goals, Werder B. v B. Leverkusen - over 2,5 goals, Marseille v Lyon - over 2,5 goals and ST Johnstone v Hibernian - over 2,5 goals. Total odds @17 :hope Good luck !!! :hope
Hey, welcome good luck, I hope you win your bet. The only one there that scares me is the Marseille game. They just don't score goals

Hey' date=' welcome good luck, I hope you win your bet. The only one there that scares me is the Marseille game. They just don't score goals[/quote'] Yeah, I know but if you look at the previous encounters between those two there are plenty of goals. Last 5 at the Velodrome: 2-2, 1-1, 2-1, 1-3, 3-1. And the price was too good to resist @23/20 (Coral)

thanks why concerned? cause of inexperience?
Yeah mate, especially when Bale will be down that side. Wisdom was very shaky against Everton in the first half. Can't think of the Everton player, but he was destroying Wisdom before he went off injured which was a big relief for Liverpool. Sterling does tackle back well, but still very raw at this level.

Yeah mate' date=' especially when Bale will be down that side. Wisdom was very shaky against Everton in the first half. Can't think of the Everton player, but he was destroying Wisdom before he went off injured which was a big relief for Liverpool. Sterling does tackle back well, but still very raw at this level.[/quote'] And as I posted that I see the team is wrong!! Same team as Sunday: @neiljonesecho: #LFC: Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Downing, Gerrard, Henderson, Jose Enrique, Sterling, Suarez