** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2013 PDC World Darts Championship

Fader

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship 2pts EW A.Hamilton to win the PDC Championships 40/1 SportingBet He has had a great year Hammer. He has a nice draw until he meets Taylor and he has shown he can match Taylor in the Players Championships. He can go one better here from last year when he lost in the final to Lewis 2pts EW K.Hybrechts to win the PDC Championships 40/1 WilliamHill Has a very good players championship. Looked solid until he met Taylor. Wouldn't meet Taylor until a final again. I like the looks of the odds on show here based on the performances and his draw

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship 2pts EW J.Wade to win the PDC Championships 40/1 Various Finds himself in what I consider the easier sider of the draw with Taylor, Whitlock, Barney, Anderson, Hamilton all together. Biggest threats are Van Gerwen who blows hot and cold and Lewis who I think Wadey would have beat in last years semi had it not been for "breezegate". His performances have been affected recently by his condition but I can really see the World Championships bringing out the best in him.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship 3pts G.Anderson to win the second quarter 3/1 Ladbrokes Without doubt this is a difficult 1/4 to predict with Whitlock, Anderson, Barney and Chisnall but if Anderson can avoid the trouble he sometimes has finishing (missed 29 shots at a double v Whitlock last year) then he's in with a massive chance and I think a tad overpriced at 3's, even if not at his best his scoring power will likely allow him the odd missed double :hope

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Morning Gents! My first post on the darts forum, hope you do not mind. Really love this time of year with the two world championships just around the corner. Having looked at the draw, it is obvious that the strong favourite to reach the final from the top half will be the Power. However, there possibly could be some value within it. You very rarely see Taylor reach the semi final and not go on to win a tournament and although he won the Players Championships at the weekend, it hasn't been a vintage year, so I see him as being vulnerable until that semi-final stage. Having said that, my EW pick would be Dean Winstanley at 80/1 with Boylesport. Albeit in perhaps the weaker of the two organisations, "Over the Top" reached the final on his Lakeside debut and has been consistent if not impressive during his first year with the PDC. He reached the semi finals of the Grand Slam and if he can get past King in the first round whilst he faces challening opponents, they are beatable.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship my honest opinion this will be phil taylors year. even although he hasnt been impressive this year as a whole i think when he really wants it he will be unbeatable. but i am never going to bet on him with the usual short odds. i have a few minor outrights already on earlier in year but jumping on a couple more. 3pts G.Anderson to win outright @ 18/1 bet365 no one is hitting the treble 20 as comfertable as him at the moment. i have been keeping an eye on him last few tournaments and looks alot more focused. playing really well, only point is his doubles. they are getting better, last tournament felt he was unlucky and if he works on his doubles i can see him going all the way. i dont think his quarter is that bad, ok whitlock the biggest threat but as for chisnal cant trust him, is barney back i am not certain. 2pts A.hamilton to win outright @ 40/1 boylesports mr.consistency really showing the ability on scoring and lethal on doubles. you can always be sure he is going to go far in any tournament, in taylors quarter tho, but would love to see them play each other again after last time out, he has never bet him on tv but should of really done the other week.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Tournament preview: 1pt ew K.Huybrechts to win World Championship 40/1 Bet365 (1/2 1-2) Kim Huybrechts made the final of the Players Championship at the start of the month and I think he can go well in this tournament too. He showed last year that he doesn’t get intimidated on this big stage when he made the quarter finals as an almost unknown. He’s anything but unknown this year though. He’s one of the form horses going into the tournament and at 40/1 he should be popular this time around. He has a nice draw and if he can get his way to the semis it could open up from there. 1pt ew D.Winstanley to win World Championship 80/1 Boylesports (1/2 1-2) Dean Winstanley will be making his debut on the Alexandra Palace stage this year but he made the final of the Lakeside tournament on his debut there so he doesn’t need a couple of years somewhere before he can perform. Winstanley has a stinker of a first round draw in Mervyn King but if he can come through that then the draw really opens up for him and a run to the last eight and beyond is well within his reach. Winstanley scores so heavily that he’ll be a danger in any tournament when he’s on his game and we saw that in the Grand Slam of Darts recently where it took van Gerwen in unplayable form to beat him. At 80/1 WInstanley could go very well. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pdc-world-championship-betting-former-bdo-players-could-land-the-pdc-crown-in-the-new-year

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship I really think this will be Michael van Gerwen's tournament and those who follow me on twitter will know I'm on MVG at some ridiculous prices from much earlier in the year which I'm happy with but the value has disappeared on him now. These two look good value against him in the bottom half though. Not very often I back someone outright in a TV tournament and then get him at a bigger price the tournament after, especially when he's made the final but that's the case with Kim and I agree with what's been said with Winstanley. If he beats King he'll be into 40/1 or less so the value is there should MVG slip up somewhere. I'll take these two and MVG as my 3 against the field for this event.

Tournament preview: 1pt ew K.Huybrechts to win World Championship 40/1 Bet365 (1/2 1-2) Kim Huybrechts made the final of the Players Championship at the start of the month and I think he can go well in this tournament too. He showed last year that he doesn’t get intimidated on this big stage when he made the quarter finals as an almost unknown. He’s anything but unknown this year though. He’s one of the form horses going into the tournament and at 40/1 he should be popular this time around. He has a nice draw and if he can get his way to the semis it could open up from there. 1pt ew D.Winstanley to win World Championship 80/1 Boylesports (1/2 1-2) Dean Winstanley will be making his debut on the Alexandra Palace stage this year but he made the final of the Lakeside tournament on his debut there so he doesn’t need a couple of years somewhere before he can perform. Winstanley has a stinker of a first round draw in Mervyn King but if he can come through that then the draw really opens up for him and a run to the last eight and beyond is well within his reach. Winstanley scores so heavily that he’ll be a danger in any tournament when he’s on his game and we saw that in the Grand Slam of Darts recently where it took van Gerwen in unplayable form to beat him. At 80/1 WInstanley could go very well. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pdc-world-championship-betting-former-bdo-players-could-land-the-pdc-crown-in-the-new-year

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship 3pts A. Hamilton to win Q1 8/1 sportingbet The hammer is in some amazing form. He should of beat Taylor in the Grand Slam. He was one dart away. Here, he will again come up against Taylor but not until the final game to win the Quarter. He will have to beat the likes of Burnett and Jenkins to get to there but I fancy him to do that with ease and then against Taylor he won't be longer than a 2.5/1 where you can then lay if you want a sure profit. 1pt B. Dolan to win Q2 34.00 paddy Brendan Dolan always seems to do above his threshold in tournaments nowadays and I think there is some value in this. He would have to beat Barney in Round 2 which I think he has in him. He has a good record against Anderson and beat him 6-2 this year and 2-0. He would then have Whitlock in the final game and if I'm honest that's tough. But he certainly won't be a 33/1 shot to beat Whitlock where we can make a profit. 2pts K. Painter to win Q3 19.00 paddy Painter had a good season. He will have a pretty simple passage to the last game having to beat the likes of Priestley, Baxter and I feel he will beat Lewis too. He would then have Van Gerwen who may be feeling the pressure by this time. 19.00 is decent odds I feel. 3pts K. Huybrechts to win Q4 7.00 paddy Kim has some great form coming into this competition. He had a great Grand Slam of darts getting to the final against Taylor. He won't have Taylor in this quarter though. He would have to beat the likes of Newton and Pipe but he beat Pipe in the Grand slam and Newton isn't on form. I like the odds here

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship 5pts Paul Nicholson V Co Stompe - Over 16.5 Legs 1.83 SkyBet I fancy this to be a close one. Nicholson doesn't impress me much going out of the Grand Slam cheaply and despite Co's erratic style of play I fancy him to take atleast a set or two. It wouldn't even suprise me if Co won this. a 3-1 defeat with a (3-1,3-1,2-3,3-1) would cover this. 5pts Adrian Lewis V Gino Vos -Lewis -2.5 Sets 1.83 SkyBet Fancy Lewis to win this 3-0. I cant see Gino getting many legs either to be honest so I will be looking at that market too when I can find it listed. Gino's average is around 85 and he rarely hit's 180s and with the added pressure and the defending champion up there I just see him freeing somewhat.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Quarter preview: 1pt T.Jenkins to win 1st Quarter 14/1 Paddy Power Terry Jenkins was a semi finalist in this competition two years ago and to me he looked like the winner ends up that year until he ran into a rampant Gary Anderson. The same could well be said about Jenkins last year before Adrian Lewis was at his best to deny him so ‘The Bull’ clearly peaks for this tournament and I think he’s a decent price in this first quarter at 14/1. Jenkins should beat Steve Brown in the first round and neither John Part or Joe Cullen should be too testing for a second round match. He might meet Hamilton in the last 16 but if Jenkins plays his best darts I certainly still think he’s good enough to make another semi final at a very attractive price for someone of his quality. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pdc-world-championship-betting-terry-jenkins-looks-the-value-pick-in-the-top-quarter-of-the-draw

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Tournament 180's preview: 2pts R.Barneveld to hit most 180's in the tournament 14/1 Boylesports Barneveld showed he is back in good form when he blitzed the field in the Grand Slam last month and he didn’t do a whole lot wrong in losing to Steve Beaton in the Players Championship finals recently. Barneveld has a decent enough record in this tournament apart from last year when he ran into a finishing machine in James Richardson in the opening round. Of the four heavy scorers in Barneveld’s quarter (he, Whitlock, Anderson and Chisnall) Barneveld is by far and away the most reliable on the doubles so I think he has every chance of a good run in this tournament and if he can make the last four or last eight he will have every chance of landing the most maximums at 14/1. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pdc-world-championship-betting-raymond-barneveld-can-lead-the-180-charts-at-alexandra-palace

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship The rest of my outrights in the tournament....

Quarter preview: 1pt T.Jenkins to win 1st Quarter 14/1 Paddy Power Terry Jenkins was a semi finalist in this competition two years ago and to me he looked like the winner ends up that year until he ran into a rampant Gary Anderson. The same could well be said about Jenkins last year before Adrian Lewis was at his best to deny him so ‘The Bull’ clearly peaks for this tournament and I think he’s a decent price in this first quarter at 14/1. Jenkins should beat Steve Brown in the first round and neither John Part or Joe Cullen should be too testing for a second round match. He might meet Hamilton in the last 16 but if Jenkins plays his best darts I certainly still think he’s good enough to make another semi final at a very attractive price for someone of his quality. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pdc-world-championship-betting-terry-jenkins-looks-the-value-pick-in-the-top-quarter-of-the-draw
Tournament 180's preview: 2pts R.Barneveld to hit most 180's in the tournament 14/1 Boylesports Barneveld showed he is back in good form when he blitzed the field in the Grand Slam last month and he didn’t do a whole lot wrong in losing to Steve Beaton in the Players Championship finals recently. Barneveld has a decent enough record in this tournament apart from last year when he ran into a finishing machine in James Richardson in the opening round. Of the four heavy scorers in Barneveld’s quarter (he, Whitlock, Anderson and Chisnall) Barneveld is by far and away the most reliable on the doubles so I think he has every chance of a good run in this tournament and if he can make the last four or last eight he will have every chance of landing the most maximums at 14/1. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pdc-world-championship-betting-raymond-barneveld-can-lead-the-180-charts-at-alexandra-palace
1pt D.Priestley to win 3rd Quarter 100/1 Sportingbet Clearly I don't expect this to win but at the price I'm more than happy to chuck a point at it to see how far the veteran goes. It isn't as though Priestley comes into this tournament out of form. He made the final of a Players Championship tournament just 6 weeks ago and made the quarter final in both tournaments on the last Players Championship weekend. En route to that final he beat Vincent van der Voort, Mervyn King, Dave Chisnall and Kevin Painter before thrashing Michael van Gerwen 6-1 in the semi final before losing to Simon Whitlock in the final so that alone proves he can still play the game. Whether he can do the longer distances anymore remains to be seen but he's clearly not a 100/1 shot in a quarter which if you take Lewis and van Gerwen out basically is full of journeymen. This could be a quarter which opens right up and if it does there's worse 100/1 shots than Priestley to come through it. 2pts K.Huybrechts to win 4th Quarter 6/1 Paddy Power 1pt D.Winstanley to win 4th Quarter 11/1 Coral Same reasons as I've covered in the outright post so I don't need to repeat them again. 2pts 2 or more 9 dart finishes 8/1 Ladbrokes I like the look of the two 9 dart finishes in this tournament. This is set to be the best World Championship ever and half the field are capable of doing the magic leg these days, it's no longer just one or two men who can do it. We saw two 9 dart finishes in the Matchplay earlier in the year and with the amount of sets and legs which will be played this week I'll be surprised if we don't see at least two 9 dart finishes in this event too. Lots of players are playing well coming into the tournament so the prognosis for a couple of 9 dart finishes look perfectly good to me, as does the 8/1 when you consider it is 5/4 for there to be at least one.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 14 December 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Thornton, R v Caris, M (19:10 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.22 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.7 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.36 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Welge, A v Nam, LC (20:15 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.02 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]129.50 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Nicholson, P v Stompé, C (21:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.87 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.45 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lewis, A v Vos, G (22:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.08 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 15 December 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Jones, W v Hendriks, J (12:10 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.49 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Gurney, D v Marijanovic, R (13:15 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.33 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.67 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Burnett, R v Hubbard, James (14:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.67 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.44 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.86 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Jenkins, T v Brown, Steve (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.36 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.65 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Chisnall, D v Tichowitsch, S (19:10 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.13 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.89 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hopp, M v Pietersen, C (20:15 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Part, J v Cullen, Joe (21:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Taylor, P v Mansell, M (22:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.04 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 26 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 16 December 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Dolan, B v Jones, M (19:10 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.33 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.85 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.97 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Komula, J v Haavisto, J (20:15 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.66 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hamilton, A v Richardson, J (21:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.16 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Barneveld, R v Smith, M (22:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.22 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 17 December 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wright, P v Monk, A (19:10 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.66 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sequera Rodriguez, C v Bowles, J (20:15 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Webster, M v White, I (21:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.91 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.36 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wade, J v Hudson, P (22:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 18 December 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Beaton, S v Anderson, K (19:10 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.18 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.7 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.22 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Ilagan, L v Lewis, J (20:15 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Newton, W v Haines, J (21:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.14 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.61 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] King, M v Winstanley, D (22:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.83 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 19 December 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Pipe, J v Jenkins, A (19:10 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.35 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.91 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Muramatsu, H v Harrington, D (20:15 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.66 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Baxter, R v Priestley, D (21:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.37 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lloyd, C v Young, D (22:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.94 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.68 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 20 December 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Walsh, M v Webster, D (19:10 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lim, P v Sapup, ML (20:15 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.20 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Huybrechts, K v Rand, S (21:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] van der Voort, V v Kellett, S (22:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.68 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.19 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Friday night previews: 3pts R.Thornton (-2.5 sets) to beat M.Caris 6/4 Skybet I don’t expect Thornton to have too many difficulties here. In recent weeks Magnus Caris has lost 6-0 on the pro tour to Jamie Caven and Brian Woods which aren’t good form guides particularly as Thornton is a couple of steps above both of them. Thornton is now a good professional who scores steadily and at times heavily and he takes out his finishes, something Caris has a history of struggling with so I think the Scot can progress to the second round without dropping a set. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/thornton-vs-caris-betting-robert-thornton-can-open-the-world-championship-with-a-straight-sets-win 5pts P.Nicholson (-1.5 sets) to beat C.Stompe 11/10 Paddy Power Such are Stompe’s struggles at the minute I have to take Nicholson in this match and I think he will win it with a bit in hand too. Nicholson was unlucky in the Players Championship finals last time out when he ran into an in form Ronnie Baxter but he isn’t up against someone so tough here. I’d probably have fancied Nicholson if Stompe was in good form but as he isn’t it becomes a much easier decision. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nicholson-vs-stompe-betting-paul-nicholson-can-take-advantage-of-stompe-s-troubles-in-opening-round 4pts A.Lewis to beat G.Vos 3-0 9/10 Boylesports Gino Vos’ form on the pro tour has been nothing to write home about in recent times and I would expect nothing but a simple start to his defence for Lewis in this match. Even on a bad day you would expect Lewis to be more than a match for Vos here but I’ve a feeling with his child being born and home life sorted we will see the best of Lewis here and if we do I’m confident he’ll win this 3-0. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lewis-vs-vos-betting-adrian-lewis-can-begin-his-title-defence-with-a-comfortable-win

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship 1pt P. Hudson to win Q4 150.00 Skybet Alittle flutter here on an underdog. Hudson has manage to beat some big names in the past albeit away from the cameras but I think he has the perfect 1st round in James Wade. Wade had such an easy route in the Grand Slam and he still managed to go out in the first round. I can see Hudson beating him if I'm honest and then he can beat Beaton and play King probably by my estimates. If he can pass him I fancy him to play Huybrechts and although I can't see him winning that I don't see him as a 150/1 shot. He has beat the likes of Baxter, Smith & Ian White this year so It's not as far fetched as it seems. Meh, it's a point :)

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship I really think James Wade will have another good year in all fairness i have no idea how he didn't beat Lewis in that semi last year. Hes got a favourable(sp) draw avoiding most of the 'big guns' That 8/1 shout on 2 or more 9 darters appears to be a great bet! Craig

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship 3/10 Nicholson to beat Stompe @ 1.47 Pinnacle Stompe don't win here on a big podium. Also Nicholson is not loved by the fans and not in great form. But i will back him here. 3/10 Lewis - Vos under 14.5 games @ 1.85 Unibet I don't see Vos to take a set here tonight. He is a great talented player, but Lewis is to good. Don't see Lewis with 3-2/3-2/3-2 in legs, i think some legs bigger. See a good cover option here. 3/10 Bottom half to win tournament @ 2.25 William Hill With Lewis and van Gerwen we have two big titel favourites on this half and Wade and Huybrechts for me big outsiders here.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Saturday afternoon previews: 4pts W.Jones (-1.5 sets) to beat J.Hendriks 5/6 BetVictor I expect Wayne Jones to win this match. The length of the match is just about long enough that he can be dominant in it. Hendriks could be competitive for a set or so but then I expect the steady scoring and reasonably solid finishing of Wayne Jones to come through and book him a spot in the second round against the great one. I’ll take Jones to win no worse than 3-1. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/jones-vs-hendriks-betting-wayne-jones-can-come-through-without-too-many-scares-in-first-round 4pts R.Burnett Over 3.5 180's vs J.Hubbard 5/6 BetVictor Burnett is a very heavy scorer and while he has trouble hitting doubles he certainly doesn’t have any trouble getting down to them. Burnett hit 5 180’s in a three set match with a double start against Lewis in the World Grand Prix and that shows his 180 potential so I expect four from him here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/burnett-vs-hubbard-betting-richie-burnett-can-pepper-the-lipstick-in-first-round-match 5pts T.Jenkins (-1.5 sets) to beat S.Brown 8/11 Blue Square I expect Terry Jenkins to come through here and I would expect him to do it with plenty to spare too. If Steve Brown can reproduce his very best form then he might be able to push Jenkins close but he hasn’t shown anything like that form for a good year now and you get the feeling he might crumble on the big stage rather than embrace it. I’ll take Jenkins here and take him to win no worse than 3-1. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/jenkins-vs-brown-betting-terry-jenkins-should-have-no-problems-against-the-bomber-at-ally-pally

They throw for the bull in the practice room an hour before the game mate. If you're on twitter follow the PDC and they usually tell you. Just 2 for me tonight which are these two....

5pts P.Nicholson (-1.5 sets) to beat C.Stompe 11/10 Paddy Power Such are Stompe’s struggles at the minute I have to take Nicholson in this match and I think he will win it with a bit in hand too. Nicholson was unlucky in the Players Championship finals last time out when he ran into an in form Ronnie Baxter but he isn’t up against someone so tough here. I’d probably have fancied Nicholson if Stompe was in good form but as he isn’t it becomes a much easier decision. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nicholson-vs-stompe-betting-paul-nicholson-can-take-advantage-of-stompe-s-troubles-in-opening-round 4pts A.Lewis to beat G.Vos 3-0 9/10 Boylesports Gino Vos’ form on the pro tour has been nothing to write home about in recent times and I would expect nothing but a simple start to his defence for Lewis in this match. Even on a bad day you would expect Lewis to be more than a match for Vos here but I’ve a feeling with his child being born and home life sorted we will see the best of Lewis here and if we do I’m confident he’ll win this 3-0. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lewis-vs-vos-betting-adrian-lewis-can-begin-his-title-defence-with-a-comfortable-win
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using PL Forum

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship

5pts Paul Nicholson V Co Stompe - Over 16.5 Legs 1.83 SkyBet I fancy this to be a close one. Nicholson doesn't impress me much going out of the Grand Slam cheaply and despite Co's erratic style of play I fancy him to take atleast a set or two. It wouldn't even suprise me if Co won this. a 3-1 defeat with a (3-1,3-1,2-3,3-1) would cover this. 5pts Adrian Lewis V Gino Vos -Lewis -2.5 Sets 1.83 SkyBet Fancy Lewis to win this 3-0. I cant see Gino getting many legs either to be honest so I will be looking at that market too when I can find it listed. Gino's average is around 85 and he rarely hit's 180s and with the added pressure and the defending champion up there I just see him freeing somewhat.
also going with: 2pts Kevin Painter (Most 180s in Day 1) 8/1 Bet365 Only really fear Aidy here. Not alot of big 180 hitters on day 1 and at this price I'm going to stick a few points on it. Painter can hit his fair share of 180s and I feel that the only reason this price is as it is would be because he is playing an amateur if you like but that shouldn't stop Painter wanting to show he means business this tournament.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Essays are almost done for Xmas meaning I can finally get back into the swing of things after missing a couple of the darts tournaments. Seem to remember last year the darts went particularly well for some of us on here so let's hope for the same again. :ok I'll stick my outrights up first an then follow them up with tonight's bets. Simon Whitlock to win PDC World Championship- 14/1 Sportingbet- (1.5/10 E/W) 1/2 1-2 Simon Whitlock to win 2nd Quarter- 9/4 William Hill- (3/10) I picked Lewis last year and I'm hoping the plucky Aussie can make it 2 years in a row for me this year. Whitlock has had a really good 12 months since making the semis here 12 months ago and I see no reason why he won't be challenging again this year. You may remember that he was blowing players away last year and that was with him basically standing on one leg and he seems to have really found his best darts this year, especially in the big events. He has finally got that Major under his belt now with the win at the European Championship, whilst he pushed Taylor in the final of the PL, won various events throughout the year and comes into Ally Pally in decent form after making the semis of the Players Championship a couple of weeks ago. His scoring throughout the year has been extremely impressive whilst his finishing is generally pretty solid as well. He does have to overcome a tricky quarter, as well as being in Taylor's half of the draw but it's no longer a formality that the Power will even make it out of his quarter which gives Whitlock every chance. It's been a wonderful year for the Aussie and I'm backing him to go one, if not 2 steps better than last year and get his hands on the trophy this year. Brendan Dolan to win 2nd Quarter- 33/1 Boylesports- (1/10) Although I really do fancy Whitlock, I just feel Dolan is a tad overpriced here considering the year he's had. Granted he has down very little on the big stage at Ally Pally, and last year I was in the crowd where he absolutely shocking and couldn't hit a double but he seems to be over that problem now and back to back semi final appearences in the Grand Prix and then the European Championship really suggest he can handle himself on the big stage now. There are a few big players in his quarter, with the likes of Barney, Chisnall and Whitlock but he's beaten the big players in the past and I'm happy to back him just in case Whitlock doesn't see this quarter off. Robert Thornton to win PDC World Championship- 40/1 Boylesports- (1/10 E/W) 1/2 1-2 Robert Thornton to win First Quarter- 10/1 Boylesports- (1/10) No way I'm having the Scot at this price, even if he is in the tougher half and even if he'll have to beat Taylor. Sound familiar? Having promised so much from his BDO years, 2012 has really been a breakthrough year for the Scot and he's really shown everyone what he's all about and why he promised so much. He was superb in the UK Open and didn't let anything stand in his way en route to the trophy and since then, he's really played well. He's found that consistency that was missing and with the scoring power he has, he can really blow anyone away on his day. His finishing which was always his weakness is pretty solid now as well and like I mentioned, when he is on song with his scoring, he will always give himself chances and with that major behind him, a bit like Whitlock in that respect, I'll see just how far Thornton can go on the biggest stage of them all. Mervyn King to win PDC World Championship- 50/1 Bet365- (1/10 E/W) 1/2 1-2 Mervyn King to win 4th Quarter- 7/1 Bet365- (1/10) Had to take someone in the bottom half of the draw and to me, it looks a really open draw. Obviously all eyes will be on van Gerwen who has finally come to the reckoning but I'm still not convinced whether he can be ultra consistent on the biggest stage yet. No doubt he'll win this trophy in years to come, but I feel with everyone looking at him now as a serious contender, that might just hamper him a touch. Obviously you've got the likes of Wade and Lewis amongst the bottom half but given Wade's problems of late, and Lewis' problems all year, I can't go anywhere near either of them. I do really like Kim Huybrechts like Kev but instead I'm going to plump for King. As has been mentioned, he's got a stinker of a first round draw against Dean Winstanley but if gets through that, the 4th quarter really opens up for him. On his day, he can beat anyone and has done in his career. Very prolific scorer whilst his finishing is generally on point as well which means he'll always have a chance you feel. He's already made the final of the Grand Prix this year, as well as making the quarters in the Players Championship which should give him confidence. The personal problems seem to be behind the King now and I'll back him to go well this year. Simon Whitlock Most Tournament 180s- 13/2 Bet365- (2/10) Robert Thornton Most Tournament 180s- 33/1 William Hill- (1/10) Mervyn King Most Tournament 180s- 50/1 William Hill- (1/10) I'm sticking to my three guns in this market as well. I've spoken in detail about all 3 of them. All are very heavy scorers and I fancy them all to have decent tournaments really. If one could make the semis at the very least, given their scoring nature, they should have a chance in this market and I think one of these guys could bring home the goods in this market.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Onto tonight's matches then. Might take a couple more later on which I'm still deciding about as well. These for now though... Andree Welge (-1.5 legs) to beat Leung Chung Nam- 8/11 Blue Square- (5/10) Going to be completely honest, I don't know an awful lot about the Asian man here and I do just feel that the arena and atmosphere will be too much for him tonight. Never playing on this stage is a daunting prospect even for the experienced players making their debut at Ally Pally so I have to go with experience tonight. I fully expect Welge to win this one and meet Kevin Painter in the final game of the evening and I don't think he'll drop more than 2 legs in this one. The German has experience of playing on this stage to full back on and he very nearly beat Colin Lloyd a couple of years back, narrowly losing 3-2. He has beaten decent players on the tour already this year including Mark Webster and Brendan Dolan which shows he can play. We've seen over the past couple of years just how good the German darts system is and how strong the players are and I'd be surprised if Welge had any real struggles in this one. Robert Thornton vs Magnus Caris- Under 15.5 legs- Evens BetVictor- (3/10) Already spoken about the Scot in my outrights and I struggle to see him being pushed very far in this one. Magnus Caris has been around for years and was extremely unfortunate that the crowd got involved in his match last year against Steve Beaton. But for that, he surely would have won that match but if his recent form is anything to go by, it's hard to see him putting in a similar performance this year. 6-0 whitewashes to the likes of Jamie Caven and Brian Woods recently leave a lot to be desired really whilst Thornton is having the year of his career. The Scot is at least a couple of levels above the guys who have beaten Caris recently so I'd fancy the Scot to have this one over and done with in routine fashion. Kevin Painter vs Andree Welge/Chun Nam- Game with Highest Checkout of Night- 5/1 Bet365- (2/10) First of all I expect this to be against the German as I've already said but I do quite like the price for the highest checkout coming in this match. Painter in the last year to 18 months has been finishing better than ever and hitting many ton plus checkouts. His form this year hasn't been great granted but he did make the quarters at the Grand Slam which will have given him confidence. Welge, providing he wins his qualifier will secretly fancy his chances against the Artist given Painter's pretty poor season and this could really be the game of the night IMO. I've spoken about how strong darts is over in Germany now so we should see a couple of real quality players going at it and I think 5/1 is overpriced on one of these two nailing the highest checkout of the night, especially when you consider the form of Lewis and Nicholson this year.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Have taken a few more tonight. This one... Paul Nicholson vs Co Stompe- Under 6.5 180's- 8/11 Blue Square- (5/10) Have this one down as a pretty scrappy affair tbh and I'm not entirely confident in picking a winner. I do however like the unders on the maximums given how both have struggled this year. Neither guy has set the world alight this year and I expect a few nerves to be about when they come onto the stage. Stompe has been struggling for a while now with all sorts of issues whilst Nicholson has admitted he struggles early doors in tournaments. This could easily be a 3-0 to either guy given the inconsistency of both but whatever happens, I don't think we'll see 7 180's in this one.