Group A > 8 November (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys)

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Anzhi Makhachkala v Liverpool (17:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.2 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Udinese v BSC Young Boys (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.79[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.3[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Group A > 8 November (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) Can see the price on Anzhi crashing for this one. Liverpool are away at Chelsea on Sunday and desperately need league points. They played a strong team in the home leg probably thinking three points from the two games would be a good return and can now afford to play the reserves here in the knowledge they still have young boys at home. Beating young boys would give them nine points which would possibly be enough to progress anyway, if not then a point away at Udinese would almost certainly do it. Bottom line is they can afford to sack this one off and will not want to send Gerrard, Suarez and several other first team players to the other side of Europe with such a big league game at the weekend. I expect a team weaker than the one that lost at home to Swansea last week and can see Anzhi going off as short as 4/6.

From the usually very reliable Liverpool Echo: LIVERPOOL FC will leave behind a host of star names when they travel to Moscow today ahead of their Europa League clash with Anzhi Makhachkala tomorrow night. Luis Suarez, Steven Gerrard, Daniel Agger, Martin Skrtel and Joe Allen are all set to be rested for the trip to Russia, along with Glen Johnson and Pepe Reina, who won’t be risked after recent treatment on hamstring problems. Brendan Rodgers is keen to avoid over-exerting his key players ahead of Sunday’s Premier League showdown with high-flying Chelsea. The Reds will only return from Russia in the early hours of Friday morning and the Anfield boss wants to ensure they have the best possible chance of triumphing at Stamford Bridge. The game in Moscow will be an opportunity for those on the fringes to atone for last week’s disappointing League Cup exit at the hands of Swansea City. It’s a balancing act for Rodgers as he tries to plot Liverpool’s progress both domestically and in Europe with a small squad. The Northern Irishman, who has admitted he desperately needs to strengthen in January, has made no secret of the fact that the Premier League is the priority this season and wants to ensure fatigue is not an issue against Chelsea. Liverpool beat Anzhi 1-0 at Anfield a fortnight ago, but that victory was secured with the likes of Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Gerrard and Suarez in the starting line up.

Re: Group A > 8 November (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) Liverpool's team looks really poor, it consists of youngsters and players who are about to be sold as soon as possible: Jones, Wisdom, Carragher, Coates, Robinson, Shelvey, Henderson, Cole, Downing, Yesil, Assaidi, Gulacsi, Ward, Flanagan, Sama, Wilson, Coady, Suso, Morgan. Anzi should definitely win here. I also cannot see Liverpool scoring here with that squad.

Youngsters Stephen Sama, Adam Morgan and Conor Coady have been called into the squad. Liverpool FC: Jones, Wisdom, Carragher, Coates, Robinson, Shelvey, Henderson, Cole, Downing, Yesil, Assaidi, Gulacsi, Ward, Flanagan, Sama, Wilson, Coady, Suso, Morgan. As I said before with this 2nd team, I think they concede too many. My bets: Anzhi -1 AH @2.705 (combination of 1.83 on home win and 3.75 on -1EH with Ladbrokes) Anzhi to score 3+ @4.75 - Sporting Bet Eto anytime scorer @2.3 - Sporting Bet

Re: Group A > 8 November (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) Anzhi to beat Liverpool 8/11 skybet Cant believe the squad Liverpool are sending out i would have backed anzhi out here against liverpool first team,im having my biggest bet of the year on anzhi they are a very good side see them beating the liverpool reserves easy.i suggest take this price be closer to 1/2 by game time

Re: Group A > 8 November (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) 5pts Anzhi to beat Liverpool 8/11 Skybet It is hard to see Anzhi not winning here. Russia is a hard place to go to at the best of times and with a full squad let alone without a number of your top players like Liverpool have decided to do. Although Liverpool won at Young Boys with a young side out you would say this is a much bigger step up than that and it is a step which I think will be too much for them. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/anzhi-vs-liverpool-betting-anzhi-can-see-off-a-young-liverpool-side-out-in-russia

Re: Group A > 8 November (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys)

Liverpool's team looks really poor' date=' it consists of youngsters and players who are about to be sold as soon as possible: Jones, Wisdom, Carragher, Coates, Robinson, Shelvey, Henderson, Cole, Downing, Yesil, Assaidi, Gulacsi, Ward, Flanagan, Sama, Wilson, Coady, Suso, Morgan. Anzi should definitely win here. I also cannot see Liverpool scoring here with that squad.
If my memory is good they scored 5 goals against Young Boys with almost same squad so why you think they can't score now

Re: Group A > 8 November (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) I saw that match against Young Boys and that Young Boys squad is really horrible, nothing compared to Anzhi. Anzhi played really bored at Anfield, but still Liverpool wasn't able to create many chances. Although Liverpool fully deserved the victory, it wasn't really convincing. When Anzhi was putting up the pressure a bit more they were already getting chances. For that reason I can at least see goals in this game. Over 2.5 (2.05 @unibet) seems some good value.

Re: Group A > 8 November (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) Udinese - Young Boys over 3.5 @ 2.76 sportsbet Udinese will look to bounce back from their 3-1 loss to Young Boys in Switzerland as they need a win to have any chance of progressing from this group. They have been scoring goals, but conceding as well, as they not only lost 3-1 at YB, but also won 3-2 at Liverpool and drew 1-1 at home to Anzhi. Young Boys have also featured in the goals as they lost 5-3 at home to Liverpool and lost 2-0 away to Anzhi. Neither side has a good defence and a Liverpool loss at Anzhi can see Udinese climb above Liverpool while YB will go equal with them with a win here. Like both sides, who play it pretty open, go all out for the win and like the chances of this being a high scoring game.

Anzhi drifting back out here' date=' anyone got news from that side??[/quote'] Over here as well. I googled it and picked this up from the website ibtimes.co.uk.. I looks like Anzhi is gonna start with their strongest eleven: "Anzhi: The Russians will field all three of their star names - Eto'o, Samba and Zhirkov - but it may well be 22 year old Ivorian Traore who steals this show. The forward has 10 goals in 18 appearances for the club this season and is actually joint top-scorer, with the more experienced Eto'o, in the domestic campaign. However, that by no means indicates the former Barcelona and Inter Milan superstar is having a poor season... far from it. The 31 year old has 14 goals from 21 games this season and leads the goal scorers' chart in the Europa League with seven strikes. Anzhi: Gabulov; Logashov, Carlos, Samba, Tagirbekov; Boussoufa, Akhmedov, Jucilei, Zhirkov; Traore, Eto'o" Is there anyone that can confirm the reliability of this website?

I'm on Anzhi as well ... Although the price has dropped I still feel they are value given the weakness of the Liverpool squad. Scoring five goals against Young Boys is one thing, but a trip to Russia won't be easy at the best of times. Some of the goals this young team scored against Young Boys were comical as Young Boys defended so poorly.

Re: Group A > 8 November (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) Anzhi v Liverpool Anzhi -1 Handicap @ 11/5 Betvictor I would have taken Anzhi here even with Liverpool playing there 1st team, but with the team they have sent out to Russia it could be a case of how many they concede. Last time out I really wasn't expecting Rodgers to send out all the big guns with the merseyside derby just around the corner but he did and in all fairness they did get the job done. Tonight could be an entirely different case though, last time out Anzhi were on on the back foot for a lot of the game which was ending in Eto'o coming back in to his own half most of the time to get the ball, tonight it should be the Russians doing the attacking so Eto'o should be more of a threat in this game. Also, Anzhi seem to be taking this competition very seriously as they want to establish themselves to the whole of europe and not just Russia, winning this game would see them top the group and put them in prime position to qualify. Can only see a comfortable win for Anzhi here so the handicap looks good value to me.

Re: Group A > 8 November (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) Anzhi backed into 1.72 on Betfair but now back to 1.89??? Makes no sense at all, we know how weak the Liverpool team is, weaker than got beat at home by Swansea last week. Everything I've read says Anzhi at full strength and wanting to win. Cant think of any reason for the price to move like this, can only assume it will come back in again.....

1.98??? What on earth is going on???
My only explanation of this would be that it is down to the "loyalty bet" which many Liverpuddlians may be going for? L'Pool have a massive fan base and sometimes with games like this, team selection etc has no bearing on a loyal fans decision to place their hard earned cash on their team. Could be a niave explantation but honestly cannot think of any other reason for the drift.

Re: Group A > 8 November (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) Perhaps the bookmakers think a few punters might be fooled in to thinking about the Russian ''mafia'' and all that bs. In any case, with the money they have and the importance of making their mark in europe, I wouldn't expect Anzhi to be involved with this. Probably the bookmakers trying to unsettle people. Happy to let my Anzhi bet ride, but if I see Hiddink starting up front I might start to panic :lol

Heard rumours on another forum that Traore was perhaps left out of the starting line up... But nothing to confirm this.
Even so, they still have more than enough. Recently have played some games with only one striker anyway, and E'too is still a monster these days.

Perhaps the bookmakers think a few punters might be fooled in to thinking about the Russian ''mafia'' and all that bs. In any case, with the money they have and the importance of making their mark in europe, I wouldn't expect Anzhi to be involved with this. Probably the bookmakers trying to unsettle people. Happy to let my Anzhi bet ride, but if I see Hiddink starting up front I might start to panic :lol
haha, love it!! :rollin

Perhaps the bookmakers think a few punters might be fooled in to thinking about the Russian ''mafia'' and all that bs. In any case, with the money they have and the importance of making their mark in europe, I wouldn't expect Anzhi to be involved with this. Probably the bookmakers trying to unsettle people. Happy to let my Anzhi bet ride, but if I see Hiddink starting up front I might start to panic :lol
It's working. I'm unsettled. Not sure what to do with my high stakes on anzhi now.

Re: Group A > 8 November (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) Well, this liverpool B-side may not be as bad as we believed. Afterall, it beat west brom away as well as young boys away. I still dont know why the drift as think anzhi is still strong.