Group A > 8 November (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys)

Aidymac

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Group A > 8 November (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) Liverpool team announced: Jones, Wisdom, Carragher, Coates, Flanagan, Shelvey, Henderson, Coady, Downing, Cole, Morgan Coady making his debut, Flanagans first start of the season, Morgan up front.....and Anzhi are still 1.93??? Worried the Russians have sold it now, I mean against that team they should realistically be about 4/7!

Bookmakers adjust their odds to fall in line with each other. Just because its gone up doesn't necessarily mean there's anything sinister involved IMO. Flow of money one way or the other, or whichever way the wind blows could be the reasoning. Get on the inflated odds would be my advice if there's nothing obvious. Anzhi opened at just over evens anyway so the odds have still gone down.

Re: Group A > 8 November (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys)

Bookmakers adjust their odds to fall in line with each other. Just because its gone up doesn't necessarily mean there's anything sinister involved IMO. Flow of money one way or the other' date=' or whichever way the wind blows could be the reasoning. Get on the inflated odds would be my advice if there's nothing obvious. Anzhi opened at just over evens anyway so the odds have still gone down.[/quote'] bookies tend to follow the exchange. But you are mostly right. However, when the direction in which the exchange price moves is opposite to the direction in which it SHOULD move, one has reason to be suspecting.

Re: Group A > 8 November (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) the bookmakers follow the exchanges which are dictated by the Asian lines. SBO and Pinnacle kept pushing Anzhi out above the betfair price all afternoon and the market followed........so somebody has been backing against Anzhi seriously in the Asian markets today......

bookies tend to follow the exchange. But you are mostly right. However' date=' when the direction in which the exchange price moves is opposite to the direction in which it SHOULD move, one has reason to be suspecting.[/quote'] Tbh I agree with the post from 25th of May above..... Suspecting of what though???

Re: Group A > 8 November (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) Don't worry most weeks Liverpool get backed heavily by Asians pre kick off causing their price to come in. The assumption is it's due to stats that indicate Liverpool should score more often than they actually do. I for one don't think this Liverpool second string side is significantly worse than their first team where Suarez often looks isolated and I'd of backed Liverpool in some form if the odds had remained longer.

Tbh I agree with the post from 25th of May above..... Suspecting of what though???
theories 25th of may had been posting above. russian mafia and what not. Personally, I think anzhi has bucket loads of cash and aspiration of becoming a great club so I dont believe it myself. However, I will be cautious and will keep a lookout on the news before i hedge my bet.

Well that's probably what a lot of people are doing .... Anzhi opened at 2'ish... They were hammered down to 1.7'ish. (Can't remember the exact odds) it stands to reason IMO Liverpool would see a lot of attention as their odds rose because its a numbers game.

Well that's probably what a lot of people are doing .... Anzhi opened at 2'ish... They were hammered down to 1.7'ish. (Can't remember the exact odds) it stands to reason IMO Liverpool would see a lot of attention as their odds rose because its a numbers game.
Sheep everywhere. I guess best is to see how the game proceeds and then act accordingly in-play. Guess, we are shocked since when the price was at 1.7ish everone took it with big stakes expecting to drop further (and then laying it.). But its gone in the opposite direction and a lot of punters are now worried. Personally, I am not. Everygame has these weird price movements. Sometimes, bookies balancing their bookies, other times punters acting on insider tips which are false. But i am sad that i didnt enter the market at the optimal time. ;)

Can't really agree that would justify 1.72 back out to 2.04 Jase. I have successfully traded Liverpool's price on each Capitol One & EL game this season, and the market has gone as expected. Back up to 1.8, maybe, but not back to the price they were before it was confirmed the big guns weren't travelling. And the team announced is even weaker than previous games.

Sheep everywhere. I guess best is to see how the game proceeds and then act accordingly in-play. Guess' date=' we are shocked since when the price was at 1.7ish everone took it with big stakes expecting to drop further (and then laying it.). But its gone in the opposite direction and a lot of punters are now worried. [b']Personally, I am not. Everygame has these weird price movements. Sometimes, bookies balancing their bookies, other times punters acting on insider tips which are false. But i am sad that i didnt enter the market at the optimal time. ;)
Hence your name NoFear :ok well i'm not afraid of anzhi players. more afraid of the refs.

Can't really agree that would justify 1.72 back out to 2.04 Jase. I have successfully traded Liverpool's price on each Capitol One & EL game this season' date=' and the market has gone as expected. Back up to 1.8, maybe, but not back to the price they were before it was confirmed the big guns weren't travelling. And the team announced is even weaker than previous games.[/quote'] Oh and in this case, I backed @1.89 and out @1.93 so not successful this time!!

I got them at 1.66 :cry
have to agree that is a little on the low side where value is concerned but dont be disheartnened. Maybe anzhi will win and so will you and all these theories will remain just that. Theories. If u have a big stake on try laying it in-play. Hoefully u come out ahead.

Re: Group A > 8 November (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) FWIS guys, I saw west brom price shorten a lot before the game when the liverpool B team was announced pre-game and guess what, liverpool B actually won. Not saying this means liverpool wins here. INSTEAD, price movements against you are not the end of the world. It doesnt mean your team will definitely loose. Price = speculation just like with oil, stock markets.

FWIS guys, I saw west brom price shorten a lot before the game when the liverpool B team was announced pre-game and guess what, liverpool B actually won. Not saying this means liverpool wins here. INSTEAD, price movements against you are not the end of the world. It doesnt mean your team will definitely loose. Price = speculation just like with oil, stock markets.
I agree, I've virtually given up trying to predict how prices will go in a lot of the 'big' games where there is plenty of money being staked, such fluctuations at times..I just set a price in my head I would be happy with, then go for it. No point in getting suicidal if you haven't got on at the best price, however much it changes doesn't have an impact on what happens on the pitch.

Re: Group A > 8 November (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) Udinese v Young Boys - both teams to score This game two weeks ago was 3-1 to Young Boys so it is reasonable to assume that there will be goals in this game too. Udinese's last 4 games have been bts and with the home advanatge they are likely to get one on the score sheet.