WBA v Southampton > Monday 5th November

staffy

Re: WBA v Southampton > Monday 5th November West Brom's price looks fair. I'd back them down to 1.80 which is where its set now....maybe not anyway lower than that. Southampton look poor, they're going down it's obvious. Their defending is horrific, and although they create chances and play some decent football going forward, they still dont look like outscoring Premiership sides who are scoring freely against them. West Brom have started the season well, were very unlucky to lose at Newcastle yesterday with a stoppage time goal when they were looking the stronger side, they've stood up to some other strong sides this year beating Liverpool, Everton, drawing at Spurs, and lost to City 2-1 at home with another last minute winner which was very unlucky. Clarke has them playing some good stuff and I fancy a home win in this one. WBA to bt Southampton @ 1.80 (Coral:4pts)

Re: WBA v Southampton > Monday 5th November i think west brom are a good thing,they have been unlucky in there last 2 games,,,,losing with late goals in both games,,,,,west brom are very good at home and saints are shocking away from home,,,,,,,,coral at 3/4 wont last long

Re: WBA v Southampton > Monday 5th November Hi there, WBA have played 5 games at home winning 4 (losing once to man city 1-2) They are scoring goals, and have three cleansheets. Southampton are just getting bombed away from home they have conceded 16 goals in 4 games, but have scored in every game Southampton are bad away from home in both halves. 1st half stats they have drawn 1 in 4 games (0-0 west ham). They have scored 2 first half goals and conceded 8. 2nd half is slightly better. Scored 3 and conceded 8. Three bets take my fancy here: 1) WBA win at 7/10 2) Both teams to score 4/6 3) Over 2.5 match goals at 4/6 on bet365. I will probably take all three in various combinations with other teams. Neil.

Re: WBA v Southampton > Monday 5th November West Brom are easily the better side here and have been desperately unlucky in there last two games. I think Southampton will put up a good fight but West Brom have more quality. West Brom have already shown they can beat the lower league sides already this year so should be a comfortable win. Giving that the price has dropped already I think this will be more than comfortable. West Brom @ 1.73

Re: WBA v Southampton > Monday 5th November This is a getaway game for me. I don't see the quality in WBA to comeback from the last week shock against Citizens nor I see Southampton being strong enough to make a surprise. Anything can happen as we saw last week. On the other hand you can't be sure that these sides are going to score over or under amount of goals. I don't know what would be a good and reliable bet in this match.

Re: WBA v Southampton > Monday 5th November 5pts Over 2.75 goals 1.90 Ladbrokes It’s hard to see how this game won’t be high scoring. Although they lost last week Everton could’ve scored plenty of goals and against this Southampton defence you have to think they’ll get stacks of chances in this match. I’m confident Saints will create going forward too, that’s Nigel Adkins’ philosophy, sometimes to his own detriment with the pressure rising fast on his shoulders. Both sides have good attacking personnel and I expect the over 2.75 goals line to be covered comfortably at a nice price. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/west-brom-vs-southampton-betting-saints-can-be-involved-in-yet-another-high-scoring-game-on-monday-night

Re: WBA v Southampton > Monday 5th November Over 3.5 @ 2.53 sportsbet Over 4.5 @ 4.60 sportsbet A win here for West Brom and they climb to 6th position and possibly 5th if they win by a 3 goal margin. They have lost their last two games, as they have been scoring, but also leakiing goals in. West Brom have scored in 8 of their 9 games, and at home they have been very good, scoring ten goals in their gfive home games, and like them to do well here, as Southampton have allowed at least two goals in 8 of their 9 games, and especially on the road, they have been poor, allowing at least three goals in each of their 4 away games for a total of 16 goals conceded. However, like Soton to score here as well, as they have scored in 8 of their 9 games as well as in each of their four away games. And with West Brom having allowed a goal in each of their last four games, as well as two goals in their last two home games, then they are desperate for a win here to get themselves off the bottom of the ladder. With both sides needing a win for different reasons, then expecting an open game with goals in it. 20-42 (-15.97)

Re: WBA v Southampton > Monday 5th November Actually would have had WBA shorter here so it's definately a good pick for me. Always a team I respect at home, and with Southamptons relatively poor away from so far, I would expect a WBA win here. 1.75 at Coral the standout price.

Re: WBA v Southampton > Monday 5th November My local bookie offers over 2.5 goals for 1.55 and Saints to score 1 or more is 1.48 so I am going with that second option for a small accumulator today mostly because if they don't get a decent result here, manager is going to get sacked.

Re: WBA v Southampton > Monday 5th November Thus far WBA are 80% winning at home, Southampton 0% getting points away. Everybody here think that this will continue throughout the season? Last season the worst away side in the league was QPR, which lost 14 of 19 (74%). The presvious season Wolves and Stoke were 3-3-13 each (68%). WBA was 6-3-10 at home last season, 8-6-5 the season before. They win 37% of the time at home...a bit better than one in three. Now ask yourself this question: Would WBA really win four of five games at home against Southampton if they played every week? Because that's what the odds say. This is yet another example of odds that don't match reality. To make matters worse, Southampton are a side that can score goals. Given that anything can happen, and usually does, you don't think there are decent chances for Southampton to match WBA...? A missed PK, a shot off the bar, an offsides not given? We are talking West Brom here, we are not talking either Manchester side, who win between 13 and 18 of their home matches. The draw is paying 4.1, and that's where I'll be.

Re: WBA v Southampton > Monday 5th November Hi All, Been thinking about this game. There is one word that springs to mind 'ATTITUDE' Saints have their destiny in their own hands. However you need to understand a little bit more of the thinking that's going on. They have come a massive way in a couple of years. Are they ready for the Premiership ? They haven't overspent or jeopardized the clubs future in anyway. They are not overextended by big wages. SO if the ATTITUDE is 1 season in the premier league is a bonus then you can understand their style of play. They are playing in the style that got to them to this point. Give 100%, leave nothing in the tank and give it a full go ! More of you we won't, and can't ask.... Personally I think it's refreshing and fantastic. The fans much prefer it, and so do the players. Nobody wants to play defensive wall soccer, with 11 men behind the ball every week, and lose 1-0. Losing often is one thing , but never giving yourself a chance to win is another... So if the ATTITUDE stays like that it will be open with over 2.5 goals both teams to score being nice bets. BUT If the ATTITUDE changes BEWARE!!!!! They may be saying "OK we've had some fun, let's tighten things up dramatically" . Then it's a whole different ball game. WBA have not had to play often against a 10 man defence (unlike Man U, Barce, Real etc) and they may not have the skills to break it down and score goals. Nigel Adkins is absolutely no mug. He's a great manager, and the FEAT of successive promotions is INCREDIBLE. :notworthy How much longer are Saints going to allow 4-1 3-1 6-1 and 3-1 away, before there is a major shift in playing style ? Surely the adjustment is coming ...... Neil.

Re: WBA v Southampton > Monday 5th November

5pts Over 2.75 goals 1.90 Ladbrokes ....... that’s Nigel Adkins’ philosophy, sometimes to his own detriment with the pressure rising fast on his shoulders.
Considering back to back promotions I'm not sure how much pressure he can be feeling (maybe his own). The guy's done a superb job, and two massive steps up cannot be easy.

Thus far WBA are 80% winning at home, Southampton 0% getting points away. Everybody here think that this will continue throughout the season? Last season the worst away side in the league was QPR, which lost 14 of 19 (74%). The presvious season Wolves and Stoke were 3-3-13 each (68%). WBA was 6-3-10 at home last season, 8-6-5 the season before. They win 37% of the time at home...a bit better than one in three. Now ask yourself this question: Would WBA really win four of five games at home against Southampton if they played every week? Because that's what the odds say. This is yet another example of odds that don't match reality. To make matters worse, Southampton are a side that can score goals. Given that anything can happen, and usually does, you don't think there are decent chances for Southampton to match WBA...? A missed PK, a shot off the bar, an offsides not given? We are talking West Brom here, we are not talking either Manchester side, who win between 13 and 18 of their home matches. The draw is paying 4.1, and that's where I'll be.
im lost here. price on wba is now 1.8 = 55.6% How does this equate to winning 4 outta 5 times then ? that would be 1.25 no ?

Thus far WBA are 80% winning at home, Southampton 0% getting points away. Everybody here think that this will continue throughout the season? Last season the worst away side in the league was QPR, which lost 14 of 19 (74%). The presvious season Wolves and Stoke were 3-3-13 each (68%). WBA was 6-3-10 at home last season, 8-6-5 the season before. They win 37% of the time at home...a bit better than one in three. Now ask yourself this question: Would WBA really win four of five games at home against Southampton if they played every week? Because that's what the odds say. This is yet another example of odds that don't match reality. To make matters worse, Southampton are a side that can score goals. Given that anything can happen, and usually does, you don't think there are decent chances for Southampton to match WBA...? A missed PK, a shot off the bar, an offsides not given? We are talking West Brom here, we are not talking either Manchester side, who win between 13 and 18 of their home matches. The draw is paying 4.1, and that's where I'll be.
Things are getting confused here. Just because WBA have won 4 of 5 at home doesn't mean they are gonna beat saints 4 in 5 times Lets look at the odds for the game 8/11 | 11/4 and 15/4 (bet365) so home win probability is 1/1.72 is 58% or in above post 1/ 1.8 = 56% draw probability is 1/3.75 is 27% away win probability is 1/ 4.75 is 21% thats what the bookies think. Match date Home Team/ Away team 2012 2012-08-18 West Brom Liverpool 3-0 4.20 3.50 1.91 4.74% 2012 2012-09-01 West Brom Everton 2-0 3.00 3.30 2.38 5.65% 2012 2012-09-22 West Brom Reading 1-0 1.73 3.75 4.75 5.52% 2012 2012-10-06 West Brom QPR 3-2 1.83 3.75 4.20 5.12% 2012 2012-10-20 West Brom Man City 1-2 5.00 3.75 1.70 5.49% It's the lowest price for a WBA match at home this season. Last year they were price once at 1.67 against wigan and lost 0-1 :eek Neil.

Considering back to back promotions I'm not sure how much pressure he can be feeling (maybe his own). The guy's done a superb job' date=' and two massive steps up cannot be easy.[/quote'] Not disputing that and if I was a Southampton fan he would be under no pressure with me but they have new owners now and in this day and age new owners demand instant success regardless of if it is a first season in the league or a twenty first season in it.

Not disputing that and if I was a Southampton fan he would be under no pressure with me but they have new owners now and in this day and age new owners demand instant success regardless of if it is a first season in the league or a twenty first season in it.
I hear you, if I was him and they fired 'me' I reckon there would be no shortage of suitors calling...

Re: WBA v Southampton > Monday 5th November This one for me spells out GOALS Southampton's Defence arent that great, it shows in their Last 3 Games They've conceded 8 Goals And Scored 4, Losing 2 Games, Drawing 1 They Arent travelling Well And have lost there last 5 away games. West Brom have conceded 6 goals And Scored 5, At Home They Have an overall good record 4 wins, 1 loss in the last 5 games In 9 matches Southampton have had 8 matches with over 2.5 either side scoring, and 1 under 2.5 goals West Brom 5 games over 2.5 and 4 games below. Theres 3 bets i would be interested in.. 1. West Brom Win 8/11 2. The Game to have over 2.5 Seems Good value at 5/4 With Southampton's defence 3. The last Bet that seems good to me, is West Brom To Score Over 1.5 goals 8/13 All My Odds Are From Bet365

I hear you' date=' if I was him and they fired 'me' I reckon there would be no shortage of suitors calling...[/quote'] Yep if I owned a football club which needed a manager and he was out of work I'd make sure he'd get an interview for sure.

If the ATTITUDE changes BEWARE!!!!! They may be saying "OK we've had some fun, let's tighten things up dramatically" . Then it's a whole different ball game. WBA have not had to play often against a 10 man defence (unlike Man U, Barce, Real etc) and they may not have the skills to break it down and score goals. Nigel Adkins is absolutely no mug. He's a great manager, and the FEAT of successive promotions is INCREDIBLE. :notworthy How much longer are Saints going to allow 4-1 3-1 6-1 and 3-1 away, before there is a major shift in playing style ? Surely the adjustment is coming ......
I have to agree with you there. Punters seem to think if they have been conceding goals the last three games, they surely will continue to concede. What we forget is the managers who knows more than we do, is trying to change that stat. Maybe it will be hard to change so drastically so quickly, but they sure will try. And they may keep getting found out by the top 3 teams. But will they keep getting found out by the mid-table teams? This match seems too difficult to call. In-play is where I am at. Dont forget, WBA struggled to get a goals against liverpool B team at HOME when liverpool juniors went 2:1 up and just formed a wall.

Re: WBA v Southampton > Monday 5th November Hi guys My observations for the West Brom v Southampton game: Looking at the statsthere is only one team worth backing for the win in this game. WestBrom's home form is excellent; winning 4 games out of 5. The only gamethey have lost is against Manchester City which of course is expected.The Baggies have also scored an average of 2 goals per home game whilstonly conceding just under 1 on average. Steve Clarke hasproved the doubters wrong so far this season. West Brom play some goodfootball, have good quality in their side with the likes of Long andMorrison, although Long is currently a doubt.. Their defence is well organised from what I have seen of themand they appear to hard to break down. Southamptons story inthe premiership so far is on the other end of the scale. Southamptonare bottom of the league with only one win this season. Their away formis atrocious, losing all 4 games and conceding on average 4 goals pergame. Southampton have the worst defence in the Premiership'shistory based on the amount of games played so far. Therefore based on the statistics, the obvious bet in this game would be to back West Brom to win. You can get 3/4 for this bet, Other bets worth considering may be West Brom -1 at 9/5 and Morrison to score anytime at 5/1. Best of luck. Follow me: Facebook: Beat The Bookie@Footy Twitter: @_bashthebookies

Shane Long looks like he should be fit to start the match for West Brom, but there are doubts over captain Chris Brunt, Claudio Yacob and Billy Jones. For the Saints, Gaston Ramirez, the club's £12 million record signing, may be a welcome return. Frazer Richardson and Jack Cork remain sidelined.
interesting

Re: WBA v Southampton > Monday 5th November WBA are coming to this game on a back of 2 defeats, although you have to admit they were very unlucky to concede late goals in both of these games. Ridiculous goal scored by Pappis Cisse with his back a week ago was particularly painful, as WBA were the better team in that game against Newcastle I think that Romelu Lukaku is getting better and better, a week ago he scored and had 2 more clear chances, and he links up very well with the rest of the team. I expect him to be a threat tonight, if he plays (I hope he does) As stats suggest, WBA are strong at home and Southampton are yet to get a point away, and concede for fun. Of course this may change today, as mentioned earlier in the thread, but I don't think it is going to happen at the sold-out Hawthorns. My selections for the game: Romelu Lukaku to score, WBA win and over 3.5 goals in the game @11.50 2/10 pts with betvictor WBA to win & over 2.5 goals @2.40 6/10 pts with bet 365

Re: WBA v Southampton > Monday 5th November You've stolen my thunder a but there - I'm expecting a decent performance from Lukaku as he's been playing well and he should be licking his lips at the prospect of facing the league's worst defence. I'll cut to the chase: Lukaku to score first: 11/2 with Betvictor Lukaku Sky Sports MOTM: 4/1 with Betvictor

You've stolen my thunder a but there - I'm expecting a decent performance from Lukaku as he's been playing well and he should be licking his lips at the prospect of facing the league's worst defence. I'll cut to the chase: Lukaku to score first: 11/2 with Betvictor Lukaku Sky Sports MOTM: 4/1 with Betvictor
If people are looking for a shrewd operator to follow, Stefano is yer man. Seems to find value a lot, keeps it simple and get's nice priced winners. Enjoy your posts Stefano, keep them coming. :ok