** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Norwich City v Arsenal > Oct 20

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Norwich City v Arsenal (17:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.58[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.66 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Norwich City v Arsenal > Oct 20 Really fancy us to get the 3 points in this one. Norwich are in trouble this season in my view, worried for them when they replaced Lambert with Hughton and with 3 pts and no wins from 7 games, they look destined for a relegation fight. They've produced a couple of spirited performances like drawing away to Spurs but theyve also got hammered 5-0 at Fulham and Liverpool murdered them at Carrow Road only a few weeks ago with a 5-2 win. Not forgetting Chelsea strolled to a 4-1 win over them in the last round of games. They dont seem as dangerous going forward to me this season and are incredibly dodgy at the back so I think we might get some joy in that regard. We've had a decent start to the season, bar the Chelsea game where we were poor I think we've played reasonably well with some hard games. I expected a hard match at West Ham and indeed it was but I thought we were the better side throughout with Cazorla and Arteta pulling the strings, Podolski and Giroud linking up. I like us more away from home so far where we've played some great stuff and rather laboured a bit at home bar Southampton match, we've gone to Stoke, City, Liverpool and West Ham...won 2 and drew 2 but we were the better side in all 4 games and look dangerous against sides who will come out and try to attack. I think Norwich will have a good go at home so think we can get some chances in attack. We've also began giving away some sloppy goals after a promising defensive start to the season so BTTS might be an option. But I will go for the -1 AH with refunded stake if we win by one clear goal. Diaby is rated as doubtful, Gibbs likely out too. So Santos at left back, and Ramsey might continue to fill in beside Arteta/Cazorla. Arsenal -1 AH vs Norwich @ 1.926 (Pinnacle:4pts)

Re: Norwich City v Arsenal > Oct 20 Great preview Iamgooner:ok Norwich v Arsenal Arsenal -1, -1.5 AH @ 2.1 Bet365 I've been impressed with Arsenal this season, it seems as if they have finally clicked and are starting to produce the goods after a rough patch. It's worth noting Arsenal haven't been beaten in there last 7 premier league away games and these included games against Liverpool and Man City. Norwich have been really poor at the start of this season at look at the moment as if they could get caught in the relegaton battle if things don't start to make a turn, they haven't won in there last 7 domestic games and it's hard to see where the next point let alone win is goin to come from with Arsenal, Villa and Stoke all to play in the next 3. I really can't see the Norwich midfield coping with Arsenals and I think it's here the game will be won, Cazorla and Arteta will just keep probing and asking question after question of the Norwich defense and it is a question of whether they will be able to handle the pressure which seeing as in there last 2 games they have conceded 9 against a lack lustre Liverpool and on fire Chelsea, Arsenal should knock a few past them aswel Saturday night.

Over 3.5 goals @ 2.5 - Stan James. Tbh I think Arsenal can cover this on their own here. I agree with everything IAG has to say, and really feel this is another game where Norwich are going to be on the end of a hiding. Defensively they're all over the show, and being shown up as out of their depth a bit. Grant Holt's massive ego has also led to their downfall this season IMO, and I think this Arsenal team will find holes all over the park they can exploit.

Re: Norwich City v Arsenal > Oct 20 Norwich are not playing as well as they did last season. Their defence is weak, but they do manage to score goals as well. In their last 2 games they have lost 2-5 to Liverpool at home and 1-4 to Chelsea away. Basically the same can be said about Arsenal. They have kept clean sheet only in their first 3 games this season, while after that they have scored and conceded in all games. Last 4 games between these two sides produced goals as well. Twice Arsenal won 4-1 and last game at the Emirates between them ended 3-3. So, I don't see this game being any different and can see goals here. Over 3.5 Goals @ 2.50 (3 units) William Hill Over 4.5 Goals @ 4.40 (1 unit) ​William Hill

Re: Norwich City v Arsenal > Oct 20 This is a game with a good possibility to bring lots of goals, as well as the Liverpool game, so I may try them even Over 5,5 @9,5 at my local bookie for a small amount of money. Norwich and Arsenal are probably the best teams (alongside Southampton) to deliver some very high-scoring games.

Re: Norwich City v Arsenal > Oct 20 England Premier League- 20th of October- 18.30 CET- Norwich-Arsenal over 3 @1.99 5/10 pinnacle Norwich is really poor. They have put Hughton in charge at the beginning of the season as Lambert left to take the reigns at Aston Villa. Since he started, they were really poor at the back. They conceded plenty of goals in their matches allowing their oponents too many chances. They received 17 goals in just 7 matches. With that current play, they will most likely go down. Altough they are that poor at the back, I expect them to do more up front. They scored just 5 goals yet but should improve as they have some players that can provide some goals, e.g. striker Holt. Arsenal started not that strong but became better and better in every match. They were poor against Chelsea but came back and beat the Hammers 3-1 on their own ground. That team plays nice football. They do look to have quite a few goals inside. I see them scoring 2-3 goals here. Norwich shouldn't be able to stop Cazorla and Arteta here. GL

Re: Norwich City v Arsenal > Oct 20 3/10pts Arsenal (-1) to beat Norwich - 7/5 with Stan James I think Arsenal will win this and see them winning it comfortably. They have really impressed me this season - Podolski and Cazorla have done everything asked of them so far with the latter looking assured against every side he has faced so far. Their defence looks solid and we all know about the problems they cause others up front. Steve Bould looks to have played a major part in giving this team some organisation and whilst they will still need to have a good game as a unit here, this isn't the toughest test because Norwich are looking poor. Norwich don't look to have the togetherness or the attacking flair they showed at times last season so the Arsenal midfield should be able to get their foot on the ball. In their 6 league games so far, Norwich have conceded 13 goals and when Liverpool are knocking 5 past any team you know that team has problems. I'm not sure this side can play any other way at the moment than attack, attack, attack as they did under Lambert so Hughton will have a job keeping Arsenal quiet. The fans will already be getting nervous so if Arsenal control the game early doors I see this being a very tough 90 minutes for the men in yellow.

Re: Norwich City v Arsenal > Oct 20 I'm on Arsenal too, my only bet of the weekend. Most points have already been made, Arsenal didn't suffer from the international break like some other clubs. Arteta didn't play, Ramsey didn't play, Gervinho didn't play, Giroud came on 88th minute, Podolski the same, so most of the team have had a full week off or near enough. Would expect Gervinho to start ahead of Chamberlain, and Ramsey ahead of Coquelin, bit of a concern Santos starting ahead of the improved Gibbs who is injured but I wouldn't have thought he will make a huge difference. Norwich will attack I'm sure of it, they don't have the players or the mentality to be defensive, Arsenal are certainly better suited to playing against teams who attack them and on the break Arteta and Cazorla can pick passes out anywhere..think we will soon start to see the emergence of Giroud too, in short exciting times to be an Arsenal fan. I understand why others have gone for goals, looks a safe play as the Arsenal defence never usually convinces but I'm going for Arsenal -1AH which looks a bit overpriced to me at 1.975. Arsenal -1.0AH - bet365 - 10 Points

Re: Norwich City v Arsenal > Oct 20 personally think this could be one to swerve. I understand why people thinhk it will be high scoring bit its a bit too simple for hughton isnt a bad manager and will be very conscious that his side conceded 9 in their last 2. He has had 2 weeks with a full squad ( no intl disturbances really) to prepare for this. Now we all know 2 wks isnt long enough to turn it around but it is enough time to ensure they have the correct focus on their work rate/game plan etc.pretty sure they will be out to do very little else other that tighten up, close down space quickly and to gernally stop arsenal from playing. ars greater quality will prob come through in the end but not sure this is going to be the romp everyone expects......

Re: Norwich City v Arsenal > Oct 20 4pts Arsenal (-1) to beat Norwich 6/4 Blue Square I like Norwich, they are a well run club but I think they are out of their depth a bit this season and I can’t see anything but an Arsenal win here and a comfortable one at that too. Arsenal have impressed me this season. They look a lot more organised at the back but have still maintained that slick attacking style of theirs too and I’m very confident their front men will find the space they need to make this an easy night for the Gunners. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/norwich-vs-arsenal-betting-arsenal-can-enjoy-a-routine-victory-at-carrow-road

Re: Norwich City v Arsenal > Oct 20 Arsenal -1.5 @ 2.56 pinnacle Arsenal -2 (EH) @ 4.50 sportsbet Norwich have been done over in their last two weeks, losing 4-1 at Chelsea and 5-2 at home to Liverpool. Now Arsenal come to their pitch and expect much of the same. They have done well on the road, winning 3-1 at West Ham, drawing 1-1 at Man City and winning 2-0 at Anfield, and with their free flowing football, hard to see Norwich staying in the game given how porous their defence is . Cazorla and Podolski have played well for them while Giroud and Gervinho have chipped in with some goals and this Norwich team will have a hard time staying with them. Where last year they relied on van Persie to score for them, now the goals are being shared around which makes it even more difficult to stop this side.

Re: Norwich City v Arsenal > Oct 20 I’m all over Arsenal as well. Norwich for me are still in the transition phase with Hughton and at the moment he seems to be struggling to find the best tactics for his players. In the early part of the season he seemed to be focusing on a more defensive approach, which worked relatively well (excluding the opening day defeat to Fulham) as they were able to pick up a few points against the likes of Spurs and West Ham. However in the last couple of games he seems to have tried to add a bit more attacking verve to his team and whilst they’ve got goals this has come as a detriment to the defence which has been exposed conceding 9 goals in 2 games and looking pretty dire in doing so. I’m sure he would have worked with his players quite a lot over the last couple of weeks but it’s always difficult to be tweaking your tactics against quality opposition like Arsenal and if players make mistakes with their positioning etc then Arsenal will punish them. If they go either too defensive again or too attacking then you would have to fancy Arsenal to pick them off, especially with the quality of Carzola, and Gervinho and Giroud is goalscoring form. Will probably avoid the handicaps because with the international fixtures and a big game next week in the CL, we might not see Arsenal 100% but they still should have enough to sneak a win. Arsenal to win 1.57 at Bet Victor ( 5 / 10 units)

Re: Norwich City v Arsenal > Oct 20 Arsenal -1 AH 1.91 @ StanJames - Can't look past Arsenal for this match and in all honesty i think they will win comfortably in this game but i have gone cautious and am only backing them on a -1 AH with the safety of a refund if they only win by 1 goal. Norwich have been nothing short of awful defensively conceding 5 at Norwich, 4 at Chelsea and 5 against Liverpool. Also, they have been poor in attack as well scoring just 5 goals in 7 matches and 2 of those came in the 5-2 loss at home to Liverpool. Arsenal meanwhile have had a decent start to the season despite being near mid-table as they have had some tough fixtures. They have been particularly good away from home and have dominated all of their away games and have 2 wins and 2 draws away from home without defeat. They easily won at Anfield and were too good against West Ham. Then, they were a bit unlucky to only get a point at Man City and could have won at Stoke as well. Cazorla has been unbelievable for them so far and with Podolski and Gervinho scoring goals and now that Giroud has got off the mark in the league he will be confident he can add to his tally today against a weak Norwich defence. Arsenal's defence has also done pretty well so far this season conceding only 5 goals in 7 games and have kept 3 clean sheets this season and whilst i do think that Norwich will score a goal i can see Arsenal running riot and think they will score 3 or 4 this evening. IMO Arsenal will have too much quality and Cazorla and co will pick them apart and i expect goals in this match and would be surprised if we didn't see at least 4 goals in this game. Over 3.5 goals - 2.42 @ Betfair - Arsenal are very good going forward and Norwich are terrible defensively at the moment and i think Arsenal are capable of scoring 3 here or maybe even get all the 4 goals needed to win this bet. However, although Arsenal have had 3 clean sheets to start the season in the last 4 games they have conceded 5 goals and i think Norwich have got enough in attack to nick a goal so i think just over 7/5 is a decent price for us to see 4 goals or more in this match. CS: Norwich 1-4 Arsenal 22/1 @ Stan James - Small stakes on this one. I am confident that Norwich will score a goal looking at Arsenal's backline and i think Arsenal will rip Norwich's defence to bits.

Re: Norwich City v Arsenal > Oct 20

Arsenal to win 1.57 at Bet Victor ( 5 / 10 units)
Tough match for anyone on the Arsenal or overs which included me. Really poor performance from Arsenal, too complacent and nowhere near as incisive as we've seen this season. -5 units. :(

I'm on Arsenal too, my only bet of the weekend. Most points have already been made, Arsenal didn't suffer from the international break like some other clubs. Arteta didn't play, Ramsey didn't play, Gervinho didn't play, Giroud came on 88th minute, Podolski the same, so most of the team have had a full week off or near enough. Would expect Gervinho to start ahead of Chamberlain, and Ramsey ahead of Coquelin, bit of a concern Santos starting ahead of the improved Gibbs who is injured but I wouldn't have thought he will make a huge difference. Norwich will attack I'm sure of it, they don't have the players or the mentality to be defensive, Arsenal are certainly better suited to playing against teams who attack them and on the break Arteta and Cazorla can pick passes out anywhere..think we will soon start to see the emergence of Giroud too, in short exciting times to be an Arsenal fan. I understand why others have gone for goals, looks a safe play as the Arsenal defence never usually convinces but I'm going for Arsenal -1AH which looks a bit overpriced to me at 1.975. Arsenal -1.0AH - bet365 - 10 Points
What can you say? Disaster. Probably the worst Arsenal will play all season, has to be the fcukin game I back them in.

Over 3.5 goals @ 2.5 - Stan James. Tbh I think Arsenal can cover this on their own here. I agree with everything IAG has to say, and really feel this is another game where Norwich are going to be on the end of a hiding. Defensively they're all over the show, and being shown up as out of their depth a bit. Grant Holt's massive ego has also led to their downfall this season IMO, and I think this Arsenal team will find holes all over the park they can exploit.
Can't really add much..... Same old Arsenal... Norwich have easily the worst defence in the league. Poor result.

Re: Norwich City v Arsenal > Oct 20 if you read my pevious post on this you'll see i didnt fancy this to be as straightforward as most thought. People contantly rave about how good arsenal are yet they have done nothing of real consequence.If i hear about steve bould again i think ill go mad....i cant see too mcuh evidenece of new found defensive resilience etc. Norwich arent a great side by any means but give a decent manager who has taken two consecutive beatings, 2 weeks to prepare for a game where the major concern will be conceding and you can be sure his side will be more organised/focused/hard working and resilient for that 1 game ( unlikely it will continue)

England Premier League- 20th of October- 18.30 CET- Norwich-Arsenal over 3 @1.99 5/10 pinnacle Norwich is really poor. They have put Hughton in charge at the beginning of the season as Lambert left to take the reigns at Aston Villa. Since he started, they were really poor at the back. They conceded plenty of goals in their matches allowing their oponents too many chances. They received 17 goals in just 7 matches. With that current play, they will most likely go down. Altough they are that poor at the back, I expect them to do more up front. They scored just 5 goals yet but should improve as they have some players that can provide some goals, e.g. striker Holt. Arsenal started not that strong but became better and better in every match. They were poor against Chelsea but came back and beat the Hammers 3-1 on their own ground. That team plays nice football. They do look to have quite a few goals inside. I see them scoring 2-3 goals here. Norwich shouldn't be able to stop Cazorla and Arteta here. GL
1:0 lost

if you read my pevious post on this you'll see i didnt fancy this to be as straightforward as most thought. People contantly rave about how good arsenal are yet they have done nothing of real consequence.If i hear about steve bould again i think ill go mad....i cant see too mcuh evidenece of new found defensive resilience etc. Norwich arent a great side by any means but give a decent manager who has taken two consecutive beatings' date=' 2 weeks to prepare for a game where the major concern will be conceding and you can be sure his side will be more organised/focused/hard working and resilient for that 1 game ( unlikely it will continue)[/quote'] brilliant info. u saved me from losing money on arsenal. thx

Re: Norwich City v Arsenal > Oct 20 Who could know.Insted of away win and over 3.5 it went a home win adn under 1.5 game...It was the poorest game since the beginning of the season for Arsenal.They weren't fresh i think and tired.This is the bad influence of the international matches i suppose.Norwich on the other hand were different looked transformed and totally deserved the win.Good looking defence but Arsenal didn't do much to change that

Re: Norwich City v Arsenal > Oct 20 I think people have to admit that Giroud so far has proven to be a terrible purchase. He is so slow, poor touch, no vision. Podolski was absolutely shocking yesterday also. Basically, if a team marks Carzola out of the match, Arsenal have nothing going forward. Worrying times for Mr Wenger after what looked like a good start to the season on the face of it.

:lol there always seems to be an overreaction when Arsenal play well, or lose. If their winning, they're going to win the league. If they lose, it's a catastrophe. They're doomed. Worrying times etc.... I wouldn't say the international break resulted in tiredness. More that Norwich were allowed time to regroup and plan for this one game, while Arsenal were allowed time to complacently view them as an easy three points. They would have looked at the way Chelsea and Liverpool took Norwich apart and thought of the tie as an easy three points. I don't think tiredness comes into it at all as these players are all athletes. They're the fittest of the fittest. But after an international break, we always see the old cliche of how it will "effect" the players physically. I think there's more to it than that, and for a lot of the players it's not like they've had to climb Mount Everest one week, and then run a 30k marathon at the weekend. A lot of these players will have had an easier game than playing in the Premier League.

:lol there always seems to be an overreaction when Arsenal play well, or lose. If their winning, they're going to win the league. If they lose, it's a catastrophe. They're doomed. Worrying times etc.... I wouldn't say the international break resulted in tiredness. More that Norwich were allowed time to regroup and plan for this one game, while Arsenal were allowed time to complacently view them as an easy three points. They would have looked at the way Chelsea and Liverpool took Norwich apart and thought of the tie as an easy three points. I don't think tiredness comes into it at all as these players are all athletes. They're the fittest of the fittest. But after an international break, we always see the old cliche of how it will "effect" the players physically. I think there's more to it than that, and for a lot of the players it's not like they've had to climb Mount Everest one week, and then run a 30k marathon at the weekend. A lot of these players will have had an easier game than playing in the Premier League.
Can't agree with that Jase. Most international players had to play a game on Friday/Saturday and then play another game Tuesday/Wednesday. Not only a lot of travelling which can be tiresome on it's own, but having to play in crap dug up pitches around Europe. Mertesacker had no easy time of it anyways, thats for sure. Sweden gave him a great run-around. International week definately has an effect on some teams, whereas Norwich had a nice 2 week break and were a lot fresher to be honest. Still doesn't excuse how shocking Arsenal were though.

Can't agree with that Jase. Most international players had to play a game on Friday/Saturday and then play another game Tuesday/Wednesday. Not only a lot of travelling which can be tiresome on it's own' date=' but having to play in crap dug up pitches around Europe. Mertesacker had no easy time of it anyways, thats for sure. Sweden gave him a great run-around. International week definately has an effect on some teams, whereas Norwich had a nice 2 week break and were a lot fresher to be honest. Still doesn't excuse how shocking Arsenal were though.[/quote'] But if that were the case wouldn't we see wholesale evidence of it? Why just Arsenal that suffered?

But if that were the case wouldn't we see wholesale evidence of it? Why just Arsenal that suffered?
There has been plenty of evidence. Wasn't it after the heroics in Inter, than Spurs lost 1-0 at home to Wigan that weekend, with Wigan at the foot of the table? There have been plenty of cases of teams playing crap after a champions league game, international week etc.