** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

October 15 - October 21

Re: October 15 - October 21 Back Samantha Stosur to beat Caroline Wozniacki for a 1/10 stake at 2.10 with Paddy Power I would actually give Stosur a small edge in this match-up. There are going to be plenty of long rallies, as both are very skilled defensively, but Stosur has that bit of extra when going forward and that should allow her to prevail in this match-up. And, for me, she has been the slightly better player of the two in Moscow so far. Anything above evens looks worth taking. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/stosur-vs-wozniacki-betting-samantha-stosur-has-what-it-takes-to-defeat-caroline-wozniacki-in-moscow Back Monica Niculescu to beat Venus Williams for a 1/10 stake at 4.50 with William Hill Monica Niculescu has been the best player in Luxembourg so far - and by a decent margin. That obviously does not make her the favourite in this particular match-up, but Williams might find it hard to deal with all those slices that Niculescu is so good at. At 4.50, I am willing to give this a shot - no messing around with the handicaps, however, as a win for Williams is likely to be a crushing one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/niculescu-vs-williams-betting-monica-niculescu-looks-value-against-venus-williams

Re: October 15 - October 21 Caroline Wozniacki to beat Samantha Stosur @ 1.95 Betfair I can't ignore Wozniacki's record of winning tournaments, so I'm backing her in the Moscow final. She seems to have found some form recently after her early exit at the US Open, and took the Korea Open title a few weeks ago. I've been impressed with the fight that she has shown recently - she lost the second set of her last two matches in breakers, but each time recovered to win the deciding set. The ability to find a way to cross the finishing line could be the key to this match, and given that Stosur had a very good chance to add to her 3 career titles last week in Japan and failed, I have to side with Wozniacki at close to evens. Jo Wilfried Tsonga to beat Tomas Berdych @ 2.66 Betfair Although Berdych beat Tsonga last week in Shanghai, I think they are quite evenly matched. Also, Tsonga has now reached the final in 3 of his last 4 tournaments, and won the Moselle Open in France a few weeks back. As such, he should be feeling very comfortable in the ATP Tour final environment, and his recent experiences of the particular demands these matches place on a tennis player could make the difference.