Suggestion - Provisional PL Tournament Calendar

mr onemore

I really enjoyed the PL tournament last time - looking forward to the next already. At the risk of being presumptuous, I thought it would be a good idea to post a provisional calendar for future tournaments. Please, I'm just putting this up as an idea - those that are running these tournaments - and doing a great job, thanks for the fun:ok - this is just an idea from reading people's posts, and I think that perhaps you could change this or make a new one entirely if you want - just I think it's good to have something down in order to make progress on a final decision. Also, anyone who wants to play but just can't make these dates, well they have a chance to say now... So how about this for discussion, over to the PL and original organisers... I Sat 8th Jan 8pm already played II Sun 23rd Jan 8pm already played III Thu 10 Feb 8pm already played IV Sun 27 Feb 8pm ??????? V Thu 10 Mar 8pm VI Sun 27 Mar 8pm VII Thu 7 Apr 8pm VIII Sun 24 Apr 8pm IX Thu 12 May 8pm X Sun 29 May 8pm

Re: Suggestion - Provisional PL Tournament Calendar Was just thinking about this myself Mr Onemore. I'm quite happy with what you suggest and those dates should give everyone a chance to play. We can always change the days some months if those days are difficult for some people. I guess the idea is to find the best combination of days to give everyone who wants to play the chance, so it would help if people could post up what they think. Thumbs up from me though :ok

Re: Suggestion - Provisional PL Tournament Calendar I can play on Sundays and Thursdays but would need to start a little earlier as i work nights - if some could start at 7.30pm or earlier that would mean i could take part. Failing that i don't work, Tuesday, Friday or Saturday. Sorry to be awkward - but it would be good to be able to play in at least some of the games. it is enjoyable and i certainly found i learnt a lot during the 2 i played in. Suzy

Re: Suggestion - Provisional PL Tournament Calendar Good idea Mr.O, as ive said previously i can make just about anytime at all. Not mentioned the next one coz Jezza seemed to have it in hand, i know he's on a standby pc at the minute so it might be difficult for him to post? Ive always thought a fixture list was the way to go and did mention it when the league was dreamt up. I feel it gives people plenty of notice to arrange things and lets face it we are never going to please everyone, but if we rotate it then its gives everyone a fair chance of playing. The only thing i can see that may be slightly altered is the fact you have no Saturdays planned. I know when we suggested the first Sunday tournament we ended up changing it to a Sat by request. See what the people say. If Jezz is unable to set up the table for the next one i'll sort it no problem. Cheers BH

Re: Suggestion - Provisional PL Tournament Calendar Excellent idea and all of those dates are great for me. I can play Thursday through to Sunday night but will obviously go with the majority vote and any starting time is good for me. The more we can get involved the better.:ok

Re: Suggestion - Provisional PL Tournament Calendar Looks good to me :ok I was thinking that some sort of schedule for the tournaments would be a good idea but hadn't got round to doing anything about it. So :cheers Mr Onemore for putting in the effort. While i'm at it i should say :cheers To Billy and Jezza as the effort you have put in to arrange the games and start the league etc have been appreciated by someone as lazy as myself :ok

Re: Suggestion - Provisional PL Tournament Calendar How does this look for an up date to Mr O's calender? I Sat 8th Jan 8pm already played II Sun 23rd Jan 8pm already played III Thu 10 Feb 8pm already played IV Sun 27 Feb 7pm V Thu 10 Mar 7.30pm VI Sat 26 Mar 8pm VII Thu 7 Apr 7.30pm VIII Sun 24 Apr 7pm IX Thu 12 May 7.30pm X Sat 28 May 8pm I think thats about as close as we can get to suiting the majority

Re: Suggestion - Provisional PL Tournament Calendar Yes Norfolk, i think this is the way to go, it saves all the posts asking who's available and then changing at last minute. If we all know well in advance than noone can have any complaints, and obviously everyone wont play every tournament but at least we can try and rearange any other commitments to suit. See what Jez thinks but i'm in favour.