** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

World Grand Prix 2012

hebert10

Re: World Grand Prix 2012

0.5pts EW Michael Van Gerwen outright winner @ 34 Betfred Fresh off the back of a win last week in Dublin in the players championship, Van Gerwens been playing some excellent darts lately and can match anyone here. He was knocked out of the european championships by Barney 10-9 despite averaging 104 so high scoring is not the problem, if he can hold his nerve and take his chances this could be a huge win for the dutchman.
1pt ew M.van Gerwen to win World Grand Prix 33/1 Betfred (1/2 1' date=2) Michael van Gerwen is in tip top form at the minute and when his dander is up he can beat anyone in any format. I think sets play is better for him at the minute as he does still have peaks and troughs in his game and there isn't the 'I must protect my throw at all times' pressure which sometimes gets him. Hitting doubles is one of the strengths of van Gerwen so I see him getting control of a lot of legs with his doubling ability. There will be legs in this tournament when a player really struggles to start but that won't be the case too often with van Gerwen. We saw in the way he won the Players Championship tournament on Saturday that he's playing well and in both the Matchplay and the Euros he showed how well he is scoring. Solid doubles and heavy scoring in this format is a fearful combination and the Dutch wonderkid can go very close to a first PDC major this week if he can hold his form for another seven days. 1pt B.Dolan to win 2nd Quarter 16/1 Sportingbet I agree with hebert in that Brendan Dolan does look a big price here. I'm not much of a fan of the Irishman but there's no doubting he's in good nick having beaten Taylor in the European Championship and he'll be more up for this tournament than any other with the home crowd behind him. Dolan was a finalist last year in this tournament and hit the nine darter and he'll be motivated to show that wasn't a fluke. He has Gary Anderson in the opening round which has the potential to be a tough game but if he comes through that he should be good enough to beat van der Voort or O'Connor in the second round which would make him a 16/1 shot to beat one of Whitlock/Pipe/Huybrechts or Painter. I wouldn't have him a favourite against any of them but in the same instance I wouldn't have him too much of an underdog either especially over only a best of 7 set match. If he can beat Anderson, and lets face it Anderson's record with doubles makes him a more than obvious danger of being upset, then we'll get a run for our money at a tasty 16/1.
Brilliant tipping lads. What a turnaround in the final!! :clap

Re: World Grand Prix 2012 Cheers guys. Great shout on MVG Hebert and very unlucky not to nail the place money with Dolan at least.

How did you get on in the end Kevshat? Not a bad profit. How many points profit in the end? Well done and thanks for the tips, missed the anteposts but got a few other good bets from your write ups.
:welcome to PL Bill. I finished the week +55.6pts.