** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

World Grand Prix 2012

hebert10

Re: World Grand Prix 2012 0.5pts EW Brendan Dolan outright winner @ 126 Sportingbet Massive price on the irishman this week and after his performance in the european championships i'm happy to take a punt on him here. The irish crowd should get right behind last years runner up and he'll be keen to impress with the confidence flowing after beating taylor at the european championships. 0.5pts EW Michael Van Gerwen outright winner @ 34 Betfred Fresh off the back of a win last week in Dublin in the players championship, Van Gerwens been playing some excellent darts lately and can match anyone here. He was knocked out of the european championships by Barney 10-9 despite averaging 104 so high scoring is not the problem, if he can hold his nerve and take his chances this could be a huge win for the dutchman.

Re: World Grand Prix 2012 Tournament preview: 2pts ew J.Wade to win World Grand Prix 14/1 Betfred (1/2 1,2) James Wade is a two time winner of this tournament and he was in the semi final last year too. This format clearly suits him and he should be able to make his way as far as a quarter final and as the format gets longer his ability to hit doubles should count for a lot more. I think Wade will take a lot of beating this week especially with his improved scoring to go on top of his excellent doubling and I’ll take Wade to make it a hat trick of successes in Dublin this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/world-grand-prix-betting-james-wade-can-complete-a-hat-trick-of-world-grand-prix-wins-in-dublin-this-week

Re: World Grand Prix 2012 4 outright bets for me. This one.....

Tournament preview: 2pts ew J.Wade to win World Grand Prix 14/1 Betfred (1/2 1,2) James Wade is a two time winner of this tournament and he was in the semi final last year too. This format clearly suits him and he should be able to make his way as far as a quarter final and as the format gets longer his ability to hit doubles should count for a lot more. I think Wade will take a lot of beating this week especially with his improved scoring to go on top of his excellent doubling and I’ll take Wade to make it a hat trick of successes in Dublin this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/world-grand-prix-betting-james-wade-can-complete-a-hat-trick-of-world-grand-prix-wins-in-dublin-this-week
and these.... 1pt ew M.van Gerwen to win World Grand Prix 33/1 Betfred (1/2 1,2) Michael van Gerwen is in tip top form at the minute and when his dander is up he can beat anyone in any format. I think sets play is better for him at the minute as he does still have peaks and troughs in his game and there isn't the 'I must protect my throw at all times' pressure which sometimes gets him. Hitting doubles is one of the strengths of van Gerwen so I see him getting control of a lot of legs with his doubling ability. There will be legs in this tournament when a player really struggles to start but that won't be the case too often with van Gerwen. We saw in the way he won the Players Championship tournament on Saturday that he's playing well and in both the Matchplay and the Euros he showed how well he is scoring. Solid doubles and heavy scoring in this format is a fearful combination and the Dutch wonderkid can go very close to a first PDC major this week if he can hold his form for another seven days. 2pts T.Jenkins to win 1st Quarter 9/1 Paddy Power Terry Jenkins is in decent overall form and he has a good record in this format and he could well be the value alternative to Phil Taylor in the top quarter. We saw in both the Euros and at Crondon Park that Taylor isn't in vintage form at the minute so if and when Jenkins plays Taylor as long as he clicks in strongly enough then there's no reason why he can't beat Taylor. One thing for sure is he won't fear Taylor. Jenkins record in this tournament is so good that wherever he is in the draw he has to be fancied and had the curse of beating Taylor then losing not be so strong then I would have considered him outright but as it is at 9/1 the two time finalist and two time semi finalist can make it to the last four one more time this week. 1pt B.Dolan to win 2nd Quarter 16/1 Sportingbet I agree with hebert in that Brendan Dolan does look a big price here. I'm not much of a fan of the Irishman but there's no doubting he's in good nick having beaten Taylor in the European Championship and he'll be more up for this tournament than any other with the home crowd behind him. Dolan was a finalist last year in this tournament and hit the nine darter and he'll be motivated to show that wasn't a fluke. He has Gary Anderson in the opening round which has the potential to be a tough game but if he comes through that he should be good enough to beat van der Voort or O'Connor in the second round which would make him a 16/1 shot to beat one of Whitlock/Pipe/Huybrechts or Painter. I wouldn't have him a favourite against any of them but in the same instance I wouldn't have him too much of an underdog either especially over only a best of 7 set match. If he can beat Anderson, and lets face it Anderson's record with doubles makes him a more than obvious danger of being upset, then we'll get a run for our money at a tasty 16/1.

Re: World Grand Prix 2012 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 8 October 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Walsh, M v Thornton, R (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.24 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.83 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.19 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Winstanley, D v Chisnall, D (19:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.90 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Whitlock, S v Pipe, J (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Jenkins, T v King, M (20:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.83 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.14 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.27 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Anderson, G v Dolan, B (21:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.53 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.87 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Taylor, P v Smith, M (21:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.13 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.69 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Painter, K v Huybrechts, K (22:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.37 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.67 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.99 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] van der Voort, V v O'Connor, W (22:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 9 October 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Beaton, S v Smith, A (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]97.62 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hamilton, A v Webster, M (19:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.90 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Gerwen, M v Lloyd, C (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.66 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.37 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.11 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Newton, W v Baxter, R (20:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.67 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.88 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wade, J v Osborne, C (21:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.84 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lewis, A v Burnett, R (21:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Barneveld, R v White, I (22:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.51 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.7 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.26 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Mansell, M v Nicholson, P (22:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: World Grand Prix 2012 Two early game previews for Monday night: 4pts D.Winstanley to beat D.Chisnall 6/4 Ladbrokes Dean Winstanley is a bit of value in this match in my eyes. One thing Chisnall has over most players is his scoring power but it isn’t that much of an advantage against Winstanley as the Yorkshireman is a heavy scorer himself. One area I really like Winstanley in this match is his deadly accuracy on double top and if he can fire at that target with consistency in this match then his scoring is good enough to get this job done at a nice price. Chisnall lost in the first round to Alan Tabern last year and can lose to Winstanley here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/winstanley-vs-chisnall-betting-dean-winstanley-s-reliability-on-double-top-can-see-him-come-through-opener 4pts S.Whitlock vs J.Pipe - Over 2.5 sets 11/10 Paddy Power I think Whitlock will have just too much quality in this match but it has the makings of going three sets all the way for me. I don’t see either having too many troubles starting and both score consistently when they get going so whichever way I look at this match it looks likely to go the distance. With over 2.5 sets being an 11/10 shot that’s a price I’m happy to take as I give it a much stronger than 50% chance of happening. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/whitlock-vs-pipe-betting-two-solid-players-can-go-all-the-way-in-dublin

Re: World Grand Prix 2012 Two more match previews for tonight: 4pts T.Jenkins vs M.King - Over 2.5 sets Evs Skybet These two men have both been to at least the semi final of this tournament so the format offers no demons to either so I expect this to be a close match. Both men are pretty evenly matched as can be seen by their head to head which King leads 6-5 so I fully expect this match to go all the way and with that in mind I’m happy to take over 2.5 sets here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/jenkins-vs-king-betting-two-former-semi-finalists-can-go-all-the-way-in-opening-round-match 3pts M.Smith Most 180's vs P.Taylor 15/8 Skybet A lot of the time Taylor is going to kick off with 120 or 160 which limits his chances of hitting 180’s whereas Smith, a prolific 180 scorer at the best of times, will probably get an extra scoring visit most legs. At 15/8 he’s good value to hit the most 180’s against a Taylor who often ducks for cover. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-smith-betting-heavy-scoring-smith-looks-good-value-to-hit-the-most-180-s-against-the-power

Re: World Grand Prix 2012 Getting stuck in good and proper tonight. Taking all these below..... 4pts R.Thornton to beat M.Walsh 8/11 Sportingbet Robert Thornton comes into this tournament in fine form. He was the runner up in the Players Championship event on Saturday and then won the next event on Sunday so he's clearly feeling good about himself at the minute and we saw in the UK Open that the big stage doesn't concern him anymore. Mark Walsh still flatters to deceive in my eyes and I don't think he's playing all that well anyway. You wouldn't have Walsh down as a banker doubler so he's not guaranteed to get going all the time which given the form Thornton is in would be the only way Walsh can win this one. I expect Thornton to outscore Walsh and when the confidence is high the doubles tend to come naturally which is what I expect to see from the Scot here and I expect him to take the opener.

4pts D.Winstanley to beat D.Chisnall 11/8 BetVictor Dean Winstanley is a bit of value in this match in my eyes. One thing Chisnall has over most players is his scoring power but it isn’t that much of an advantage against Winstanley as the Yorkshireman is a heavy scorer himself. One area I really like Winstanley in this match is his deadly accuracy on double top and if he can fire at that target with consistency in this match then his scoring is good enough to get this job done at a nice price. Chisnall lost in the first round to Alan Tabern last year and can lose to Winstanley here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/winstanley-vs-chisnall-betting-dean-winstanley-s-reliability-on-double-top-can-see-him-come-through-opener
4pts T.Jenkins to beat M.King 5/6 Coral As I've said in my outright preview Terry Jenkins has a superb record in this tournament and we saw at the World Matchplay that he's in good form. I feel a bit sorry for King at the minute because he is playing well but he keeps on finding these really tough first round draws and he has another here. There's no reason other than the luck of the draw why King doesn't get the likes of Walsh, Webster or Lloyd, someone who would be comfortable in the opening round but that's the way it is. I expect King to play well but I think Jenkins will have that little bit too much for King on the big stage and he can go through to the next round from this one. 3pts B.Dolan to beat G.Anderson 15/8 Sportingbet This is near enough a no brainer despite Anderson's run to the final of the Players Championship tournament yesterday. Clearly Anderson will have a point to prove here both after a tricky 2012 so far and having been banned for the European Championship but there's one major problem for him in this tournament. That is he has to hit 2 doubles in a leg to win a leg. He has enough problems hitting one let alone two in a leg and as we saw when he lost in the first round to Richie Burnett last season he's ripe for an upset. Would it be an upset if Dolan won this? I'm no longer so sure. Dolan was runner up here last year and beat Phil Taylor in the European Championship a couple of weeks ago so he's got big results behind him. He'll also have a decent crowd behind him which will have an effect in this match especially if Anderson starts missing doubles be it starting ones or finishing ones and at 15/8 the Irishman looks a good bet to me here.
3pts M.Smith Most 180's vs P.Taylor 15/8 Skybet A lot of the time Taylor is going to kick off with 120 or 160 which limits his chances of hitting 180’s whereas Smith, a prolific 180 scorer at the best of times, will probably get an extra scoring visit most legs. At 15/8 he’s good value to hit the most 180’s against a Taylor who often ducks for cover. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-smith-betting-heavy-scoring-smith-looks-good-value-to-hit-the-most-180-s-against-the-power
1pt D.Winstanley vs D.Chisnall x S.Whitlock vs J.Pipe x T.Jenkins vs M.King x K.Huybrechts vs K.Painter - all over 2.5 sets 16.64/1 Paddy Power I like the look of this accumulator especially at over 16/1 because all four matches feature players who are evenly matched and who either both hit doubles well or both can be hit and miss on them which should make that particular match close. This format is hard at the best of times with the first to two sets element to it and I expect to see a lot of 2-1 wins tonight. I'm not psychic enough to name the winners of all the matches but I fancy all 8 players in this accumulator to win at least one set so I'll pay to see how many of the four matches do finish 2-1 either way.

Re: World Grand Prix 2012 Gary Anderson v Brendan Dolan 3pts Dolan win @ 2.875 Sportingbet I definately agree with Kev on this one, with the irish crowd behind him and after his performance in last years competition Dolan has the experience and the game to get the win here. With the double in/double out format Anderson could struggle and if he misses the first few it could get bad for Anderson and he might start to lose his head. Kim Huybrechts v Kevin Painter 3pts Over 10.5 Legs @ 2.2 Skybet Was going to go for the over 2.5 Sets here, but i prefer the line with the over 10.5 legs. This should be a tight game as Painter has alot of experience in these televised tournaments and all in all is a pretty consistent player and Huybrechts has just been going from strength to strength over the last year so this should be a tight one. I'm thinking Huybrechts will probably edge this one but I can't see any of them running away with this and expect a couple of tight sets ending 3-1 or 3-2 then going on to a decider. Michael Smith v Phil Taylor 3pts Michael Smith to win @ 7 Betfred Going for the big outsider here, Phils been known to stumble at the first hurdle before and at this price, with this format I have to go with Smith. The only problem could be if Taylor takes an early lead, as long as Smith doesn't give up and let his head go he should give Taylor a run for his money here. Smith has nothing to lose playing Phil in the first round so should play with no pressure and this should help him to hit his doubles. In this format though and at this level of darts, I don't think any of these players should be priced at long odds such as 6/1, so the value is definately with the outsider.

Re: World Grand Prix 2012 Three match previews for tonights action: 4pts A.Hamilton vs M.Webster - Over 2.5 sets 11/10 Paddy Power These two met at this stage in last season’s competition and Webster won 2-1 on that occasion and I can see this one going the distance too. The way they both hit doubles I don’t see either getting a significant advantage and as long as Webster doesn’t put too much pressure on himself, which I think he’s been a little guilty of in recent big matches, then I expect this to go all the way and possible even to a deciding leg. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hamilton-vs-webster-betting-two-solid-players-can-go-all-the-way-in-dublin 3pts J.Wade to beat C.Osborne 2-0 11/8 Boylesports I can’t see past James Wade in this match and I would be surprised if he even dropped a set here. He is metronomic on his doubles and he has an extra gear in his scoring these days and that should see him comfortably past Osborne. Even if Osborne scores well, which he hasn’t done for some time, he still has to outdouble Wade and that isn’t going to be easy so I think Wade will win this and win it 2-0. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wade-vs-osborne-betting-james-wade-should-enjoy-comfortable-opening-round-win 4pts A.Lewis Most 180's vs R.Burnett 10/11 Blue Square Lewis’ form is that poor that I’m not going to try and pick a winner in this match, there’s certainly little value in Lewis given the way he’s playing. One area where there is a little value is in Lewis to hit the most 180’s. Lewis is still a fearsome 180 scorer and even though he lost 6-0 to White in the European Championship he still hit 3 180’s and I’m confident he’ll hit 180’s in this match too. Burnett is a 180 scorer but nothing in the league of Lewis and 10/11 looks more than a shade big on him to hit the most 180’s here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lewis-vs-burnett-betting-adrian-lewis-looks-excellent-value-to-hit-the-most-180-s-against-burnett

Re: World Grand Prix 2012 Decent overall first night. Plenty of attacking to be done tonight too. Taken all these. 4pts S.Beaton to beat A.Smith 5/6 BetVictor I like the more rhythmical Steve Beaton in this match. His throw is so solid and he's playing well on top of that which is so important. We saw in the World Matchplay how he beat Kevin Painter and lived with a very good Michael van Gerwen which is good form. He averaged over 100 in defeat to van Gerwen in that match which shows he is playing well. Andy Smith never does himself justice on the big stage and while he can hit a lot of big scores he does have a lot of 60's and 59's in his repertoire too which I'm not sure he'll get away with in this match. I expect Beaton to score well and finish well and both combined should be enough to beat the Pieman here.

Three match previews for tonights action: 4pts A.Hamilton vs M.Webster - Over 2.5 sets 11/10 Paddy Power These two met at this stage in last season’s competition and Webster won 2-1 on that occasion and I can see this one going the distance too. The way they both hit doubles I don’t see either getting a significant advantage and as long as Webster doesn’t put too much pressure on himself, which I think he’s been a little guilty of in recent big matches, then I expect this to go all the way and possible even to a deciding leg. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hamilton-vs-webster-betting-two-solid-players-can-go-all-the-way-in-dublin 4pts A.Lewis Most 180's vs R.Burnett 10/11 Blue Square Lewis’ form is that poor that I’m not going to try and pick a winner in this match, there’s certainly little value in Lewis given the way he’s playing. One area where there is a little value is in Lewis to hit the most 180’s. Lewis is still a fearsome 180 scorer and even though he lost 6-0 to White in the European Championship he still hit 3 180’s and I’m confident he’ll hit 180’s in this match too. Burnett is a 180 scorer but nothing in the league of Lewis and 10/11 looks more than a shade big on him to hit the most 180’s here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lewis-vs-burnett-betting-adrian-lewis-looks-excellent-value-to-hit-the-most-180-s-against-burnett
4pts R.Baxter to beat W.Newton 6/4 Sportingbet Ronnie Baxter looks a big price here given the form he is back in. We saw at the World Matchplay, a tournament which he made the semi final in, that he's playing well again and what has been most impressive has been his scoring. He has always been deadly on tops and double ten but he's hitting a lot more 180's now than ever before. Wes Newton doesn't have the greatest record in this event and a lot of that is down to him not always starting legs well. Once he gets going he's a competent scorer and often finishes well but Baxter is likely to have the edge on the starting. Baxter isn't a 6/4 shot against anyone over the best of three sets so he looks a good value bet here. 4pts I.White to beat R.Barneveld 13/8 Sportingbet Ian White showed in the European Championship that he doesn't deserve to be this price. The concern would be that he hasn't played in this tournament before and it is a bit of a quirky format which can take some getting used to but I think he'll cope. Barneveld has a habit of missing clutch doubles and if he misses a few to start then you would expect Ian White to have every chance in this match as he's a solid player who doesn't miss much and who can score very well. He also doesn't fear anyone as we saw in the European Championship when he whitewashed Adrian Lewis. White has a 3-3 record against Barneveld but he leads the H2H 2-1 on a stage so he clearly doesn't fear the Dutchman and over three sets he has enough in his game to suggest he's not only value here but that he can win too.

Re: World Grand Prix 2012 Looks to be a great night for backing the favourites, as I can see at least 6 of the 8 favourites winning tonight. However, even 6 out of 8 favourites winning would barely return a profit, so I'm not sure how to play it. Covering all sevenfolds or just the 8 favourites on an accumulator is an option, but asking 7 out of 8 favourites to win in this format is going to be tricky. May just have to leave it alone sadly unless anyone knows a way to make 6 out of 8 pay?

Re: World Grand Prix 2012 Michael Van Gerwen v Colin Lloyd 3pts Van Gerwen most 180's @ 2.15 Bluesquare I like these odds on the dutchman tonight, when he gets himself in to a rythym he really does score big. With the form hes been in this year I can see him hitting a good few tonight, Lloyd hasn't had the worst season ever but Van Gerwen should take this match without any scares. Wes Newton v Ronnie Baxter 3pts Over 2.5 Sets @ 2.1 Paddypower Both Players have been in good form lately with Newton reaching the final of the european championships and Baxter winning his group in the championship league. This should be a really close affair in the Blackpool derby and I can see this going down to the wire. Raymond Van Barneveld v Ian White 3pts Over 2.5 Sets @ 2.1 Skybet Another really tight one here, White has been consistently good all year whilst Barney has been getting gradually better since his shock defeat in the World championships in the 1st round, I can see things turning round for the dutchman here and i'm predicting a Barney win after a close game.

Re: World Grand Prix 2012 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 10 October 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Dolan, B v van der Voort, V (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.03 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Pipe, J v Painter, K (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.68 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.42 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.85 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Taylor, P v Thornton, R (21:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.28 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] King, M v Chisnall, D (22:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.37 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.25 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 11 October 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hamilton, A v Beaton, S (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.58 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.39 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Osborne, C v Nicholson, P (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.68 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.95 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lewis, A v Van Gerwen, M (21:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.7 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.67 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Newton, W v White, I (22:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.65 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: World Grand Prix 2012 Wednesday night match previews: 5pts B.Dolan to beat V.van der Voort 4/5 Boylesports I don’t see Van der Voort winning this match. I think Dolan is more reliable on his doubles and I think he’s scoring well enough to win this and maybe even win it a shade comfortably too, particularly if the Dutchman struggles to get away. Even if this game is tight and close the crowd are likely to see Dolan home so even at 4/5 I think last year’s runner up is a good bet here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dolan-vs-van-der-voort-betting-brendan-dolan-can-have-irish-eyes-smiling-once-again-in-dublin 4pts K.Painter to beat J.Pipe 11/8 Betfred If Kevin Painter doesn’t get flustered by the lack of pace in this match then I think he has the quality to come through here at a nice price. Painter is a world class player as we’ve seen all year so far and while Pipe is very good he needs to show his best darts on the big stage before we can consider him world class. At the minute I’d say Painter is more suited to this format and at 11/8 he’s the call here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pipe-vs-painter-betting-kevin-painter-can-make-it-into-a-fifth-quarter-final-in-dublin 4pts P.Taylor vs R.Thornton - Over 5.5 180's 9/10 Boylesports The way the two men played in the first round would suggest this could be a cracking match. If Robert Thornton carries the belief he can win that he had in the UK Open final then he will make a real match of this and if he does make a match of it then I would expect to see over 5.5 180’s. Both players know their way to the 60 and if we are to see four or five sets in this match then I would expect them both to score heavily enough for this line to come in. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-thornton-betting-two-in-form-players-can-produce-plenty-of-180-s-in-second-round-clash 4pts M.King to beat D.Chisnall 11/8 Stan James I can’t see past Mervyn King here. I respect Chisnall’s scoring power but at the end of the day this tournament is more about hitting doubles than it will ever be about scoring and King gives off much more confidence on the outer ring than Chisnall does and over five sets I expect that proficiency on the doubles to tell for King. Chisnall will probably outscore King, although King will stay competitive in the scoring phase but starting and finishing should be where King gains a telling advantage. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chisnall-vs-king-betting-mervyn-king-s-reliability-on-doubles-can-give-him-the-edge-in-last-16-match

Re: World Grand Prix 2012 -2.99pts for me overall with the Jenkins/Wade outright losses adjusted to the total. Going with three tonight which are these three....

Wednesday night match previews: 5pts B.Dolan to beat V.van der Voort 4/5 Boylesports I don’t see Van der Voort winning this match. I think Dolan is more reliable on his doubles and I think he’s scoring well enough to win this and maybe even win it a shade comfortably too, particularly if the Dutchman struggles to get away. Even if this game is tight and close the crowd are likely to see Dolan home so even at 4/5 I think last year’s runner up is a good bet here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dolan-vs-van-der-voort-betting-brendan-dolan-can-have-irish-eyes-smiling-once-again-in-dublin 4pts K.Painter to beat J.Pipe 11/8 Betfred If Kevin Painter doesn’t get flustered by the lack of pace in this match then I think he has the quality to come through here at a nice price. Painter is a world class player as we’ve seen all year so far and while Pipe is very good he needs to show his best darts on the big stage before we can consider him world class. At the minute I’d say Painter is more suited to this format and at 11/8 he’s the call here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pipe-vs-painter-betting-kevin-painter-can-make-it-into-a-fifth-quarter-final-in-dublin 4pts M.King to beat D.Chisnall 11/8 Stan James I can’t see past Mervyn King here. I respect Chisnall’s scoring power but at the end of the day this tournament is more about hitting doubles than it will ever be about scoring and King gives off much more confidence on the outer ring than Chisnall does and over five sets I expect that proficiency on the doubles to tell for King. Chisnall will probably outscore King, although King will stay competitive in the scoring phase but starting and finishing should be where King gains a telling advantage. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chisnall-vs-king-betting-mervyn-king-s-reliability-on-doubles-can-give-him-the-edge-in-last-16-match

Re: World Grand Prix 2012 Thursday night previews: 4pts S.Beaton to beat A.Hamilton 13/8 Ladbrokes I think at the prices Steve Beaton is the pick in this match. He averaged over 10pts more than Hamilton in the first round and while the averages shouldn’t be taken as gospel in this tournament because of the double start he was quite visibly playing the better darts of the two men in the opening round. Beaton has a solid throw and when he scores like he did on Tuesday night he’s a tough customer for anyone. That includes Hamilton so I’ll take Beaton here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hamilton-vs-beaton-betting-steve-beaton-looks-in-the-sort-of-form-needed-to-surprise-hamilton-in-dublin 4pts P.Nicholson (-1.5 sets) to beat C.Osborne 6/5 Ladbrokes Colin Osborne was in no real form coming into this tournament and he was horrendous in the early stages against Wade and only lifted his average to 76 when it was clear Wade was visibly struggling. 76 averages won’t get the job done here and while I would imagine he’ll be at least in the 80’s I still think Nicholson will have way too much. Nicholson is the better player and I think he’ll win this and win it no worse than 3-1 although I wouldn’t rule out a routine 3-0 win. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/osborne-vs-nicholson-betting-paul-nicholson-should-enjoy-smooth-passage-into-the-quarter-final 4pts M.van Gerwen to beat A.Lewis 6/4 William Hill I’m going to trust that this match goes to form and if it does then I expect Michael van Gerwen to win. He is scoring well which you have to do against Lewis and if he can get the world champion under pressure we saw in the European Championship that Lewis can start pulling the darts and not really want to fight to get back into matches. There’s no form or fight issues with van Gerwen so I’ll take him in this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lewis-vs-van-gerwen-betting-michael-van-gerwen-can-get-rid-of-the-world-champion-in-dublin 4pts I.White to beat W.Newton 11/8 Paddy Power Wes Newton goes into the match as the favourite to win it but I fancy Ian White here. White is playing very well at the minute and has done particularly well in the European events. His solid technique means he won’t fall apart under pressure and I’m not convinced by Newton’s slow starts to matches which clear won’t help him here. As Barneveld found out on Tuesday night and Lewis in the European Championship, if you let White get out in front he’s not always for catching so it’s the Stokie for me here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newton-vs-white-betting-ian-white-can-follow-up-his-win-over-barneveld-by-beating-newton

Re: World Grand Prix 2012 Much better night last night. +5.50 for the night and +2.51 overall now with a 16/1 quarter bet which is now a best priced 11/8. Three for tonight which are these three. Leaving the MVG game alone I think as I'm on him outright. May yet come back with any 180 bets I see when I look at them.

Thursday night previews: 4pts S.Beaton to beat A.Hamilton 13/8 Ladbrokes I think at the prices Steve Beaton is the pick in this match. He averaged over 10pts more than Hamilton in the first round and while the averages shouldn’t be taken as gospel in this tournament because of the double start he was quite visibly playing the better darts of the two men in the opening round. Beaton has a solid throw and when he scores like he did on Tuesday night he’s a tough customer for anyone. That includes Hamilton so I’ll take Beaton here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hamilton-vs-beaton-betting-steve-beaton-looks-in-the-sort-of-form-needed-to-surprise-hamilton-in-dublin 4pts P.Nicholson (-1.5 sets) to beat C.Osborne 6/5 Ladbrokes Colin Osborne was in no real form coming into this tournament and he was horrendous in the early stages against Wade and only lifted his average to 76 when it was clear Wade was visibly struggling. 76 averages won’t get the job done here and while I would imagine he’ll be at least in the 80’s I still think Nicholson will have way too much. Nicholson is the better player and I think he’ll win this and win it no worse than 3-1 although I wouldn’t rule out a routine 3-0 win. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/osborne-vs-nicholson-betting-paul-nicholson-should-enjoy-smooth-passage-into-the-quarter-final 4pts I.White to beat W.Newton 11/8 Paddy Power Wes Newton goes into the match as the favourite to win it but I fancy Ian White here. White is playing very well at the minute and has done particularly well in the European events. His solid technique means he won’t fall apart under pressure and I’m not convinced by Newton’s slow starts to matches which clear won’t help him here. As Barneveld found out on Tuesday night and Lewis in the European Championship, if you let White get out in front he’s not always for catching so it’s the Stokie for me here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newton-vs-white-betting-ian-white-can-follow-up-his-win-over-barneveld-by-beating-newton

Re: World Grand Prix 2012 2 more tonight. 3pts M.van Gerwen Over 3.5 180's vs A.Lewis 5/4 Paddy Power Michael van Gerwen has been scoring an absolute treat in recent months and he'll have to score well if he's to win this match tonight and even allowing for the fact that he has a tendency to go for cover at times I still think we'll see four 180's out of the Dutchman in a match which looks set to go at least 4 sets if not five. The way he's playing he's more than good enough to average a 180 per set so there should be more than enough time to get this line in. With the format longer now players can relax a bit and their scoring will flow as we saw with the likes of King last night so I'll take the Dutch star to give us 4 180's tonight. 3pts W.Newton Over 3.5 180's vs I.White Evs BetVictor Wes Newton is another player who is scoring well at the minute and we saw the evidence of that in the European Championship a couple of weeks ago. Like van Gerwen, he's going to have to score a lot of big scores to keep with a heavy scoring opponent and in the longer format I expect to see him find a rhythm at some point and pepper the 60 regularly enough for us to get 4 180's from him. Unlike van Gerwen, Newton doesn't run for cover very often so I expect him to pop in 4 180's in another match which could well go all the way.

Re: World Grand Prix 2012 Outright & to reach the final (from Sky Bet) odds: Michael van Gerwen 4/1 (Blue SQ/Paddy Power/Sportingbet) 7/4 Robert Thornton 5/1 (Betfred/totesport) 7/4 Wes Newton 9/2 (general) 2/1 Andy Hamilton 11/2 (general) 3/1 Mervyn King 7/1 (Betfred/totesport) 11/4 Justin Pipe 10/1 (Boylesports/Stan James) 2/1 Paul Nicholson 16/1 (Blue SQ/Sportingbet/Stan James) 9/2 Brendan Dolan 16/1 (general) 5/1 Quarter-final odds from Stan James: 19:20 Justin Pipe 8/13 vs. 5/4 Brendan Dolan 20:20 Wes Newton 4/9 vs. 7/4 Paul Nicholson 21:20 Michael van Gerwen 8/13 vs. 5/4 Andy Hamilton 22:20 Robert Thornton 4/6 vs. 6/5 Mervyn King All matches are best of five sets. Recap of Wednesday's action: http://www.pdc.tv/page/NewsdeskDetail/0,,10180~2944670,00.html Recap of Thursday's action: http://www.pdc.tv/page/NewsdeskDetail/0,,10180~2945565,00.html

Re: World Grand Prix 2012 Robert Thornton v Mervyn King Over 7.5 180s 11/10 skybet Both of these players have performed well this week to reach the quarter final stage. I suspect this will be a close encounter between the 2 so there should be plenty of opportunities for 180s taking into consideration the double start. Thornton hit 8 180s and King hit 5 180s in their victories over Taylor and Chisnall respectively. Thornton rarely comes down for cover from the 20 so I would expect more of the same from him if he performs to Wednesday nights showing. I've been really impressed with King this week, seems to be hitting form at the right time after a tough couple of years.

Re: World Grand Prix 2012 Friday's QF previews: 4pts J.Pipe vs B.Dolan - Over 16.5 legs 5/4 Skybet These two met at the European Championship last month and Brendan Dolan prevailed 6-3 on that occasion. I think the very nature of the double start will make this a bit closer than that one and I wouldn’t be surprised if this match needs all five sets before a winner is found. There’s no value in the set betting anywhere but there certainly is in the over 16.5 legs which could quite easily be covered in just four sets. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pipe-vs-dolan-betting-opening-quarter-final-set-to-be-a-very-lengthy-one 4pts W.Newton (-1.5 sets) to beat P.Nicholson 6/5 Ladbrokes I think Wes Newton will win this match. He has the form and the momentum behind him certainly coming into the tournament if not this week but even then he’s come past two infinitely better players than Nicholson has beaten. Newton has been knocking on the door of a big title for a while now and I think he can go a step closer to one here with a comfortable win. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newton-vs-nicholson-betting-wes-newton-can-race-through-to-the-semi-finals-in-dublin 4pts A.Hamilton Most 180's vs M.van Gerwen 10/11 BetVictor Picking a winner of this isn’t easy as both are in good form but one area where I think the bookies are wrong is in the most 180’s market. Hamilton has scored more 180’s than van Gerwen in both matches so far and I expect that to continue in this match and 10/11 is a perfectly acceptable price on that happening. Van Gerwen didn’t hit a single 180 in his win over Lewis and while I’m sure he’ll hit some in this match the fact he heads for cover a lot leads me to taking Hamilton here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hamilton-vs-van-gerwen-betting-andy-hamilton-can-hit-the-most-180-s-in-the-pick-of-the-quarter-finals 4pts M.King to beat R.Thornton 6/5 Stan James Mervyn King is playing well and there always seems to be a comedown for the player who beats Taylor. Whether that player thinks the job is done I’m not sure but it’s been going on for too long to be a fluke. I’m happy to take King here in the knowledge that he’s more than capable of winning anyway without the beating Taylor effect coming into play. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/thornton-vs-king-betting-mervyn-king-can-be-the-benefit-from-taylor-s-absence-to-make-the-semi-finals

Re: World Grand Prix 2012 Not the greatest night for me last night. Taking two tonight which are these two and hoping Dolan can bring in the 16/1 quarter bet and that MVG can keep the outright alive.

Friday's QF previews: 4pts J.Pipe vs B.Dolan - Over 16.5 legs 5/4 Skybet These two met at the European Championship last month and Brendan Dolan prevailed 6-3 on that occasion. I think the very nature of the double start will make this a bit closer than that one and I wouldn’t be surprised if this match needs all five sets before a winner is found. There’s no value in the set betting anywhere but there certainly is in the over 16.5 legs which could quite easily be covered in just four sets. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pipe-vs-dolan-betting-opening-quarter-final-set-to-be-a-very-lengthy-one 4pts M.King to beat R.Thornton 6/5 Stan James Mervyn King is playing well and there always seems to be a comedown for the player who beats Taylor. Whether that player thinks the job is done I’m not sure but it’s been going on for too long to be a fluke. I’m happy to take King here in the knowledge that he’s more than capable of winning anyway without the beating Taylor effect coming into play. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/thornton-vs-king-betting-mervyn-king-can-be-the-benefit-from-taylor-s-absence-to-make-the-semi-finals

Re: World Grand Prix 2012 Semi final previews: 4pts M.van Gerwen (-1.5 sets) to beat W.Newton 5/4 William Hill Of course Wes could come into form at any point but there is no denying he’s been poor this week and unless he finds his best darts in this match he’ll be going home. Van Gerwen has made hard work of a couple of matches but he’s been in control most of the time and you can see the confidence he has from winning a tournament on Saturday. All he needs to do is tighten up his finishing doubles because he’s starting well and scoring heavily. I can’t really see beyond van Gerwen in this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-newton-betting-michael-van-gerwen-can-finally-put-an-end-to-newton-s-run-in-dublin 4pts M.King vs B.Dolan - Over 7.5 sets 11/10 Paddy Power This should be a good semi final. Both players are playing very well and the crowd are likely to be involved too which always makes the players perform better. I think King will win but Dolan is playing well enough to keep him honest and push him all the way. In the end though I think King’s unflappable style will prove too much for the Irishman but whoever wins and however it is done I think the end result will be 5-3 or 5-4 either way. I don’t see either running away with this semi final so I like the look of over 7.5 sets. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/king-vs-dolan-betting-second-semi-final-looks-like-being-close-throughout

Re: World Grand Prix 2012 Just the one for me tonight. Obviously already on MVG at 16.5/1 to win this first semi final.

4pts M.King vs B.Dolan - Over 7.5 sets 11/10 Paddy Power This should be a good semi final. Both players are playing very well and the crowd are likely to be involved too which always makes the players perform better. I think King will win but Dolan is playing well enough to keep him honest and push him all the way. In the end though I think King’s unflappable style will prove too much for the Irishman but whoever wins and however it is done I think the end result will be 5-3 or 5-4 either way. I don’t see either running away with this semi final so I like the look of over 7.5 sets. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/king-vs-dolan-betting-second-semi-final-looks-like-being-close-throughout

Re: World Grand Prix 2012 Final preview: 4pts M.King vs M.van Gerwen - Over 7.5 180's 5/6 BetVictor I really think we’ll see at least 10 sets whichever way the result goes and that’s a long time to hit 8 180’s. Although he hasn’t always shown it King is a prolific 180 scorer when he gets going and has already almost covered this line in a best of 5 set match this week. I’m reasonably confident he will deliver at least 8 180’s. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/king-vs-van-gerwen-betting-lengthy-final-should-see-a-fair-amount-of-180-s