** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Championship > October 6

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 6 October 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Birmingham City v Huddersfield Town (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.44 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Blackburn Rovers v Wolverhampton Wanderers (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.53 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Blackpool v Charlton Athletic (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.22 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Crystal Palace v Burnley (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Derby County v Brighton & Hove Albion (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.87[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.09 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Leeds United v Barnsley (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.83[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.38 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Leicester City v Bristol City (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.66[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.98 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Millwall v Bolton Wanderers (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.93 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Peterborough United v Nottingham Forest (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.37[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.77 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sheffield Wednesday v Hull City (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.62[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.22 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Watford v Middlesbrough (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.71 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Ipswich Town v Cardiff City (17:20 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.34 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Championship > October 6 millwall v bolton millwall bad home record v top half teams (which id rate bolton)have lost this season v blackpool, brighton and cardiff but did beat a so far badly performing away side middlesbrough. Last season had a 2-5-5 record home v top half teams. Bolton 3 wins so far have been v derby, watford and sheff wed all rated bottom half teams like millwall. millwall not won in last 5 games and probaly were a bit lucky to draw last 2 games. Whereas bolton have had a few unlucky decisons go against them in recent games. With the best club shots on target in league is only a matter of time before that starts to transfer into more goals and wins. The bookies have gt this about 50/50% chance for both teams., but i think bolton hold a clear advantage. the 0 line 2.01 odds at sbobet looks gud value to me.

Re: Championship > October 6 leeds v barnsley barnsley despite beating birmingham 5 nil in a freak result, have one of the worst away records around. Up to the birmingham game they were 13 away games without an away win and that included 12 away losses in row. since the birminghan game they played fellow strugglers ipswich at home and which they comefrom behind draw and lost v the posh at home and havent looked good in either game. Now they play a top ten 10 away in leeds and they have already lost away v top ten teams wolves, brighton and blackburn. And they've picked up a couple more injured players including foster. leeds despite losing to injurie some key first team players, have managed to come good recently with some good results. But they've had other players step up to the plate like Diouf. leeds have gt a recent bad h2h record v barnsley and maybe that was factored into the generous odds for leeds. the -0.5 1.89 offered at pinnny atm offers great value imho.

Re: Championship > October 6 The Championship isn’t getting any easier to predict and I have found it hard to spot the angles so far this campaign. There is some slight value out there for this card in several games I feel and so I have lined up some small speculative efforts. They’re all quite marginal and tricky so I’ve kept the stakes low, I never like carpet bombing coupons and usually go for a more surgical approach but there’s quite a lot of price glitches out there this week due to the difficulty of evaluating the games. I’m sure my latest Championship novel will contain many plot twists but let’s all hope for a happy ending: Millwall V Bolton Wanderers Bolton Wanderers +0 @ 5/6 (Pinnacle) 1 Unit Performances have been good for Bolton in recent games, they just have to get into the habit of winning. It’s been a very patchy start for Owen Coyle’s men since being back in the Championship and this can often happen with relegated teams. They still have one of the best squads in the division and I don’t think it’ll be too long before they start picking up results and climbing the table. Sometimes I don’t think the atmosphere at the Reebok helps as I would liken it to a vacuum punctuated by occasional blasts of whining. To be fair their away record isn’t particularly good thus far either with only one win at the hapless Sheffield Wednesday, clearly there has had to be a period of adjustment for the ex-premier league side. As always Millwall have been battling hard and their never say die attitude has meant they’ve been able to sustain Championship football up to this point. With everyone fit Millwall have a decent first eleven which on their day can compete with anyone in the division. Unfortunately for Kenny Jacket’s side he has a number of defensive problems for this game with skipper Paul Robinson, Karleigh Osbourne and Shane Lowry all unavailable for the Bolton game. They’ve bought in Mark Beevers on emergency loan from Sheffield Wednesday to try and plug the leak but it looks like the Lions’ patchwork backline will have its work cutout against a Bolton side with plenty of attacking options. Often a teams form can improve with some decent competition for places but one of Millwall’s main issues is their inability to freshen things up through a lack of financial resources. To summarize, I can understand the price here given Millwall’s tenacity and Bolton’s patchy form but really I think there is going to be a fair quality gap in this game given the current state of the two teams. I would never underestimate Millwall but this is an opportunity for Owen Coyle’s side to get some points on the board you would feel. Peterborough Utd V Nottingham Forest Peterborough Utd +0.25 @ 9/10 (Pinnacle) 1 Unit Darren Ferguson has switched to a 3-5-2 module in recent games with an emphasis on counter-attack. This has clearly suited his team much better and has yielded two wins in two games. Both of those matches were away from home and so the big question here is will Ferguson change the system because of the home/away dynamic? From what he has been saying in the press this week I feel that’s unlikely, he has asked fans of the posh to be patient during the Forest game and I don’t think we’ll see Peterborough do much of the pressing here despite the drive to get that first home win. I think they’ll sit back and hit Forest on the counter, much like they did in the Hull and Barnsley games. Ferguson has a fully fit squad to choose from with several players coming through a reserve match unscathed. The spirit in the camp is already very high and now Peterborough have some excellent attacking options and competition for places in most departments which is always important. No doubting Forest’s individual quality but I feel Sean O’Driscoll’s side lacks balance at times. The defence has started to look more solid in recent games which is a positive but the median can lack width and with Peterborough’s new system this dynamic could be exposed. Guedioura returns in the median while striker Cox is also available which is a boost for Forest as they have been struggling to score goals of late. Blackstock is still suspended which is problematic as his goal scoring record at this level is excellent. The risk here is that Forest have many individuals who can score goals out of nothing and can often salvage results on the ability of their match winners. On the flipside, Peterborough look the more cohesive outfit of the two with a system that is proving effective. If the home side can maintain patience and focus this game should be an opportunity for them to pick up their first points of the season at London Road. Ipswich Town V Cardiff City Ipswich Town +0.25 @ 4/5 (Pinnacle) 1.5 Units There are still some signs of life in this Ipswich side I feel and they have stabilized slightly in their last two games with draws at Barnsley and Brighton. Defensively they’ve been a bit more resolute in recent matches, holding their shape well and the addition of Danny Higginbotham in defence has been decent. Luke Hyam, Paul Taylor and potentially Michael Chopra could be out for the home side but Richie Wellens and DJ Campbell join on-loan to boost Jewell’s ranks. Conceding from set-pieces has been an issue for Ipswich all season and obviously Cardiff are a side which are more than capable of exploiting this weakness with some of the players they have. I just feel this is going to be a tough test of Malky Mackay’s automatic promotion credentials as Ipswich are slowly improving and still have players which can hurt the away side here. Cardiff are an excellent side at this level but they are usually stronger at home, with a less impressive record on their travels. With so much investment and quality bought in over the summer the pressure is really on Mackay to get automatic promotion and these are the kind of games that go a long way to deciding how successful you are at the end of the season. The in-form Tommy Smith is struggling with a hamstring injury and will be assessed before the game. The price on Ipswich is slightly long here in my view which opens up the door to make a speculation on the +0.25 line.

Re: Championship > October 6 Derby DNB Even Money Skybet I'm the first to back my side Brighton but for this trip to Pride Park I believe will be a struggle. The last two home games have produced 1 point out of a possible 6 losing to B'ham 0-1 and drawing with Ipswich 1-1 after a late equaliser. In that 180 mins of home football we failed to produce very little and look very light up front with the absence of Craig Mackail-Smith. He is again missing tom with a hamstring injury and the only positive is that Bruno is fit for selection again who has probably been our best player along with CMS at right back. He gives us alot of options going forward but with the likley hood of Dobbie playing loan striker I can't see us scoring. Although this season I believe we will fair better away this season as home sides with force forward allowing the Albion to play there free flowing football which we have come acustomed to seeing under Poyet. At home this year if we fall behind we will struggle as teams will put 10 men behind the ball. Tom with confidence taking a bit of a dip I fancy Derby to win outright but will tip up the DNB based on my above comments that I believe Brighton will play better away but the missing CMS is a big factor and Crofts also still on the sidelines.

Re: Championship > October 6 4pts Cardiff to beat Ipswich 7/5 William Hill It can’t be a coincidence that Ipswich go two matches unbeaten on the road but can’t buy a point at home. The unrest in the stands at Portman Road is clearly transcending onto the pitch and that can only work in a talented Cardiff side’s favour in this match. Cardiff are strong at the back and have plenty of goalscoring options going forward and they are my idea of the winners of this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ipswich-vs-cardiff-betting-confidence-cardiff-can-heighten-the-unrest-in-the-stands-at-portman-road

Re: Championship > October 6 Leeds vs Barnsley With leeds not having kept a clean sheet in the last 8 games & all of the last 8 games going over.I really think goals will be on the cards again.Leeds are currently undergoing a 4 game unbeaten run & morale will be high.The takeover of the club drags on & see's no visable end.Leeds will be missing the usual suspects such as Green,Mcormark,Bromby & Somma.Norris seems to have recovered from his injury & will be a good option on the bench. Keith Hill’s side form has since dropped off since their astonishing 5-0 win at Birmingham 2 weeks ago, followed it up with a 1-1 draw to struggling Ipswich and a 2-0 defeat at home to bottom club Peterborough.So their form hasn't been very good. Both sides are capable of scoring a few goals, and this should be a decent game of footie.So i am going to have a small flutter on Over 3.5 goals @ $2.65 Leicester vs Bristol City Leicester have been on a good run of form.4 wins on the trot.Their Home form has been very good other then the blimp to Burton Albion in the cup game.Bristol City have a left back crisis at the moment.Greg Cunningham is still a month away from returning after damaging ankle ligaments last month & George Elokobi was ruled out for the season after fracturing his ankle last saturday and teenager Joe Bryan missed Tuesday night’s draw with millwall. Leicester -1 @ $2

Re: Championship > October 6 Got a few so keeping write ups short... Birmingham v Huddersfield +0.5 @ 1.72 VCbet (3 points) i was toying whether to take this one or not because I was after 1.8 ideally. But I still think the price is ok so worth a play. I'm just not that convinced about this Brum side and Lee Clark is a manager who's first priority is to avoid defeat rather than go all out for the win. I have been impressed with his old club though and the Terriers have had a very good start to the season. They've lost their last couple and really missed James Vaughn. He's out today but Beckford should come in who is a good replacement. Huddersfield were excellent in their win at Blackpool and if they get at Brum in the same way they will definitely get something from this game. The Terriers are 2.0 on the +0.25 handicap where I think they should be 1.83. In turn the price on the +0.5 (which I wanted) is still good.

Re: Championship > October 6 Derby v Brighton Draw no bet @ 1.91 Willhill (5 points) After 5 straight wins, Brighton picked up just 1 point from the last 6 at home. And when you look closely you can see why because they've had some key players injured. CMS is still out which is a major blow but Bruno is back and Crofts should face a late test. Bruno coming back is a big plus though as him and Bridge either side at fullback can start so many attacking plays for the Seagulls. It is also worth noting in the last 2 games where they struggled, they were up against two teams who came to defend and had a game plan which worked. With CMS out they just couldn't get the goals. So I think being away will suit them as the game should be more open. And Derby are a side who like to try and play a bit too so that will set it up nicely. I think this match will suit Poyets men much more. They've won their last 3 away games on the run and it shows how it might suit them this season. Derby are a fairly average side and top striker Ward is out today. I think Brighton will get back to winning ways today and with draw cover, I'm having a reasonable play on them.

Re: Championship > October 6 Watford v Middlesbrough Goal Line: Over 2.5 @ 1.85 Bet365 (4 points) I was hoping to play the overs in a lot of championship games this week but the prices have generally been poor. This was the only one which stuck out as decent value and therefore is the only one I will take. No complex write up here. Both sides have simply been involved in lots of goals this season with a good percentage going over. Boro are good enough in the attacking department but a bit shaky at the back and the Hornets have generally been the same. It should be an open enough match with two managers in Zola and Mowbray who like a fairly open type game. I'm happy to play the percentage game with this one where the overs have been coming in more often than the 1.85 on offer.

Wolves are available @ 2.05 on a + 0.25 AH - bet365. Wolves have been making steady progress this season, and although they didn't impress me much at first, they're now looking like they have more about them, and that they can mount a serious promotion push. Blackburn have been, as expected, wholly unconvincing. Yet they've still been racking up the points. They're now manager less and seem to have one of two issues. I fancy the Blackburn crowd to return, and get fully behind the team now that Steve kean has gone. But Wolves should provide too much of a test here, and they are good value to leave Ewood Park with at least a point.

Re: Championship > October 6

Wolves are available @ 2.05 on a + 0.25 AH - bet365. Wolves have been making steady progress this season, and although they didn't impress me much at first, they're now looking like they have more about them, and that they can mount a serious promotion push. Blackburn have been, as expected, wholly unconvincing. Yet they've still been racking up the points. They're now manager less and seem to have one of two issues. I fancy the Blackburn crowd to return, and get fully behind the team now that Steve kean has gone. But Wolves should provide too much of a test here, and they are good value to leave Ewood Park with at least a point.
i stay away from us this week. Pesko has been ruled out for 3months, and although he can be a bit of a donkey he can also be key in attacking play. he has started most champ games and i'm worried who will replace him. his direct replacement would have been fellow newcomer bouhkari, but he is out for a few weeks too. add to this doyle is out and him and ebanks have played really well recently, so i expect sigurdarsson to come in. and although i like him, he seems to be taking a while to settle. this means our only attacking option from the bench is frank nouble, who i do not rate one bit. whilst we've been defensively ok lately, our attacking options for this game concern me, so the international break is welcome. i'd be surprised if we came away with a win, but i dont see blackburn winning by any great margin, especially as i think stale is more likely to go 4-5-1 than play 2 up top considering what ive said.

Re: Championship > October 6 I'm with the above post on the Blackburn-Wolves game. As a fellow Wolves fan, I think our injury problems could be an issue today as we'll lack any sort of width. It'll be interesting to see who lines up; whether Stale fancies Dave Edwards out on the flank or one of the kids will get a chance. Anyway, I quite fancy Crystal Palace @ 2.25 (bet365) today to beat Burnley. They secured a 5th win in 6 away at Molineux midweek, and although not overly impressive against Wolves, Wilfred Zaha stood out as a possible match winner again today. The boy has some real talent! (Even if his first goal was offside). Despite possessing a goal machine in Charlie Austin, Burnley really cannot defend! They've leaked 2 or more in 7 of the last 8 and kept no clean sheets, they've also only won 1 in 3 away from home. More stats: they've failed to score in their last 4 visits to Selhurst Park, and Palace are unbeaten vs them in the last 8 visits. Certainly a bit of value here.

Re: Championship > October 6 As a Rovers fan, I'll add my thoughts too. Quite frankly, we've been awful but it wouldn't surprise me if that changed today. Black has suggested we'll go a little more attacking today and I expect there to be more of a 'party' atmosphere at Ewood today. Not sure whether he'll go 3 at the back or a flat back 4. Etuhu probably out with flu but Kazim-Richards pushing for a starting place. That I'd like to see as I think his pace will complement Rhodes perfectly. We're also good to concede and usually good for a goal too. Having said that, we've struggled to put the ball in the onion bag for the last 2/3 weeks. I fancy it to change this week and would go for 3-1 Blackburn, with Rhodes grabbing a brace.

1-0 win to wolves. Can't see things looking too bright for Blackburn in the short term...