** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Tuesday 2nd October

egg

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 2nd October Scriptwriter 4.20 Sedgefield 7/1 (bet365) Scriptwriter is 3 from 3 here and taken to make a bold bid to keep his 100% record. Ground should be fine as its windy up here so should be good at least. He's up 6lb for CD win here 26 days ago in same class and same 7lb claimer takes the ride. 1pt win

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 2nd October 15.40 Ayr - Sovereign Street A progressive horse who comes into this race off the back of an impressive hat-trick. One of those wins came at this track over 6f, but the step down in trip should suit her. The going should be heavy tomorrow, and that too should suit. Looks to be quite a weak field, with only Arctic Feeling posing any kind of danger. However he hasn't won since April, so with Sovereign Street on her winning streak, it's difficult to look past her. P.J. McDonald booked to ride. ​1pt win @ 2/1 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 2nd October 15:30 Wolverhampton - Solar Deity WIN 4/1 @ Paddypower Drops backfrom largely class 3 company to race in this class 4 at Wolverhampton. SolarDeity should also appreciate returning to this surface, on which it had gotresults of 1st and 4th, should be in the frame I thinkand I can see market support.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 2nd October *Solar Deity - Wolverhampton 3:30* Was 6th of 9 when last seen at Sandown, but was still only beat by a small margin, just over 2 lengths, so that a bit better than it looks. Has had two runs on the all-weather, one being a win on debut, the other 4th of 11, so does like this surface. It has had a nice break, and we know it runs well fresh as it did win on debut. This is also a drop in class from Class 3 to Class 4. *1 Point WIN @ 4/1 Bet365 BOG*

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 2nd October 3.50 Sedgefield - Well Oiled - 4/1 with Bet365 --------- This horse looks the one to beat in a fairly talented group of horses. With one of my old favourites running Schinken Otto. However he is a Course and Distance winner here but that is not a big form booster as most horses in this race have won over course and distance.. The reason why I picked this one is because he looks the best treated horse in the race , with smooth jumping , Tom Messenger (Jockey) gets on well with the horse winning his last 2/3 on this horse at the track.. He has had a bit of a layoff will he need the run? Maybe so but I'm willing to take the chance on this one and I'm hopeful for a big run..

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 2nd October 3.00 Wolves Clear Praise 1pt win @ 4/1 Bet365 This looks a cracking little sprint in which there should be plenty of early pace on. This will hopefully set it up for my selection clear praise who loves to come from off the pace. He bounced back to form last time out over CD where he was forced to go round the houses which is a massive disadvantage over this CD and did well to get 2nd. He always seems to run better for Hayley Turner as his last 4 wins have come with her on board. He is also a better horse on the all weather as his consistent profile suggests. He has never won off a mark this high but his run off this mark last time out suggests it should be well within his compass. He has a nice draw in 4 so if Hayley can stick to the inside and get a clear run, then I would expect this horse to go very close. The only slight doubt I have is whether of not he has fully recovered from his run at the weekend.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 2nd October 16:10 Ayr - Koo And The Gang - 13/2 @ Bet365 This horse has dropped alarmingly in the weights. Down 10lbs, sincle last run to a mark of 60. He has been struggling in handicaps this season, in Class 3 and 4 company. Plus didnt run all that well in a claimer last month, over further. Dropped in class this time to Class 6, so his easiest test to date. Its 7f, and he won over this distance last year. Can handle a bit of cut in the ground, so the heavy ground shouldnt prove to much of a worry. I think he has been given a good chance to score by the handicapper. 13/2 seems a good price.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 2nd October Ayr 3.40 - Arctic Feeling 1pts Win 4/1 Bet365 With the ground sure to be testing you need a horse who will go on the it and the heavy ground won't be a concern for this horse who ran a good race when 2nd here two runs back over todays trip on similar ground and that run gives him a chance here. You have to forgive a below part effort run lto over 6f when he never really got involved but he will handle conditions and a match of the effort two runs back gives him a massive chance.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 2nd October 16.30 Wolverhampton: Infinitum @ 11/8 Bet365 Infinitum sets a pretty good standard her I feel and should be hard to beaten having her most recent run in mind when she finished a gallant second to a very progressive winner. She really ran on very well in the closing stages after being hampered 3f out. This was her fifth start though and she's yet to win a race but back in maiden company here today she really should break her maiden tag finally.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 2nd October Having made myself look a fool yesterday and having selected a late withdrawal for my trouble, I shall try again today. 4.40 AYR: ACT YOUR SHOE SIZE. Firstly, the sort of things that you guys usually pinpoint: the progeny of sire Librettist do not give great hope for the selection turning out to be a heavy going performer, having just two seconds to show for 14 runs. But the 10 furlongs should suit as it is the best distance (13% SR) for Librettist's offspring. Keith Dalgleish was a good jockey and has moved on to training with a great deal of success, particularly at this course. If he is happy to run the selection in heavy going then that is enough for me. Act Your Shoe Size has run just twice in heavy going and has handled it well finishing second on both occasions , one being at Ayr. Both times ridden by today's pilot, Joe Fanning, the top jockey for the stable with a 21% strike rate. Now for why I am selecting it: My stats show Keith as having won with 11 of his 58 runs at Ayr with a Level Stakes Profit (LSP) of 16.00 His Ayr figures for Multi Aged events is 9 wins from 39 runs for a LSP of 27.50 and all his Multi Aged event runners at qualifying courses have produced the same 9 winners from 54 runners for a LSP of 12.50, underlining the fact that he targets the course. My own rating comes out best of all with 9 wins from 43 runs for a LSP of 28.75, enough to suggest that this one is worth my BBOTD selection. Price 6/1 with Bet365.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 2nd October young mags 420 sedgefield 7/1 betvictor eachway fergal o brien is coming into form as a trainer and this one has had a busy spring, with a few placed efforts. has had a break since his last run of 100 days but he runs well fresh we know from the past. 7/1 seems a fair price too.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 2nd October 1620 sedgerfield 1pt win goldan jess 15/8 pp won easily last sat,and is up only 3lb for that 10 lengh victory,same jockey on board,up another furlong, which should suit and ground conditions just about the same

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 2nd October 320 Seg: Sparkling Tara 1pt (4/1 Boyles/SpBet) This one was bought out of Shark Hanlons yard at the end of last season and was sent over hurdles a couple of times to get to know the horse by trainer Sue Smith. Always going to be a chaser and had excuses the first two starts over the bigger obstacles. Last time on decent ground showed the first signs of what he can do and has found a poor race here to get off the mark. The stable are starting to have some runners now and do well here at Sedgefield and despite top weight can take this.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 2nd October SPARKLING TARA 3.20 Sedgefield. 1 point win. Latest effort was more like it and a repeat of that can see her go close today. Handicapper knows she has a decent chance today with putting her up 6lb without winning, and although that appears harsh, it still gives her chances in context with this race, if of course she runs like she can. The trip and ground's fine and despite Tregaro looking solid enough, the weights do favour us slightly. 10/3 Boylesports BOG

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 2nd October [h=1]Sedgefield 14:20 Hong Kong Island SP WIN[/h] Always guesswork when you are backing with newcomers in the field but if you look at the front two in the market (Fav Jameel and the selection) then there was not a jot between them on the flat. However a few things draw me to the McCain second favourite... It could be argued that the selection was more progressive in flat profile. His sire Albaarth won over hdls ( in extent of todays trip) in Ireland, so the horse will stay well in the heavy going! Sire has form on the ground. Tis Maquire's only mount of the day from a top stable. Personally would rather back this at 3/1 than the fav at Evens.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 2nd October Frith 3.50 Sedgefield. 0.5 points each way. A little frustrating, but had a little break and does appear happier at this time of year. The trip and ground shouldn't be a problem and a mark of 73 again is fair enough. Usually jumps well and so should be able to be involved in the finish of this race. 7/1 Bet365 (bog)

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 2nd October 2:40 Ayr - Red Cobra - Back Ran a really solid race lto and is undoubtedly the form horse of this lot coming into this race. His 2nd lto was on heavy which is a huge plus as he gets the same going again today and I fancy him to run a big race here and feel that he should be more like odds on 1pt win @ 11/8 Hills BOG

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 2nd October 3.00 Wolverhampton - Powerful Wind 40/1 SJ Although his form of late is quite poor, barely beating a rival on his last few turf starts, i think his run in claiming company lto was better than the form suggests. Blasted off at a very quick pace and looked like he had stolen a march on his rivals round the home bend but weakened late on beaten 6 lengths. Looking at the opposition, which was fairly strong for claiming company, and at the weights, that wasnt that bad a run. Certainly showed he acts on this surface and he's back down to his last winning mark back in handicap company. A lot of pace in this race which is the main concern as he probably wants an easy lead, but hopefully he doesnt blast off and saves a bit back for the finish. 40/1 in this 11 runner field is a fair each way bet and could be traded at shorter in running.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 2nd October 4.20 Sedgefield - 1pt win Spirit Is Needed @ 17/2 (VC) This formerly useful flat horse has got a temperament but he shaped much more encouragingly at Perth last time with the blinkers refitted alongside the tongue-tie and if in the same mood today he must go close. The heavy ground on that occasion was far from ideal and he will relish the firmer surface this afternoon. He led for a very long way at the Scottish venue and this mark wouldn't be beyond him on a going day. Hopefully he can build on that performance and go close with conditions to suit.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 2nd October

3.00 Wolverhampton - Powerful Wind 40/1 SJ Although his form of late is quite poor, barely beating a rival on his last few turf starts, i think his run in claiming company lto was better than the form suggests. Blasted off at a very quick pace and looked like he had stolen a march on his rivals round the home bend but weakened late on beaten 6 lengths. Looking at the opposition, which was fairly strong for claiming company, and at the weights, that wasnt that bad a run. Certainly showed he acts on this surface and he's back down to his last winning mark back in handicap company. A lot of pace in this race which is the main concern as he probably wants an easy lead, but hopefully he doesnt blast off and saves a bit back for the finish. 40/1 in this 11 runner field is a fair each way bet and could be traded at shorter in running.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh! Very unlucky mate......... Nearly a belter.

In my mind it went something like this, 'He's won this, he might win this, he might just hold on here, nope he's gunna be swallowed up, FFS' Must have traded short in running though, wont be getting 40/1 on him for a few starts.
I think it traded at something like 1.34......

4.20 Sedgefield - 1pt win Spirit Is Needed @ 17/2 (VC) This formerly useful flat horse has got a temperament but he shaped much more encouragingly at Perth last time with the blinkers refitted alongside the tongue-tie and if in the same mood today he must go close. The heavy ground on that occasion was far from ideal and he will relish the firmer surface this afternoon. He led for a very long way at the Scottish venue and this mark wouldn't be beyond him on a going day. Hopefully he can build on that performance and go close with conditions to suit.
Thought he was going to get there turning in but just couldn't find the extra to get on terms with the leader.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 2nd October A5.10 Star Kingdom 1pt Win 7/1 Bet365 The horse has only ever run once over this distance over these testing conditions and that resulted in its only win to date. That was also the only time this jockey has ever ridden the horse and todays mark certainly doesn't seem enough to stop it winning today. Indeed the jockey in this apprentice race has a much better record than many of his rivals and the trainer has just won the previous race.