** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Group A > 4 October (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys)

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Anzhi Makhachkala v BSC Young Boys (17:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.37 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 10.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.76 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=class: couponTable] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Liverpool v Udinese (20:05 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.63 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.50 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Group A > 4 October (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) Some slightly strange activity on Betfair in the Anzhi v Young boys game. A lot of money came in within a few minutes looking to lay Anzhi and lay Young Boys. So somebody may know something. Might not be significant but can never be to carefull with the russian sides. Anyhow i am backing the draw just in case at 5.5 Bwin. Where there is smoke there is sometimes fire.

Re: Group A > 4 October (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) At the moment, the Udinese +1AH is interesting me here. Despite losing a number of players over the last couple of seasons they remain a very difficult team to beat. Guidolin has a team full of hardworking players, who whilst lacking creativity all know their roles and are very disciplined on and off the ball. Whilst performances haven’t been great in the opening weeks of the season they’ve still grinded out 6 draws and win in the opening 9 games. The two losses were a tad unfortunate as well, with a late deflected Jovetic goal getting Fiorentina back into the game on the opening weekend of the season and they had the keeper sent off after 12 minutes against Juve and with 11 men I’m sure they would not have lost so heavily. Indeed they’ve drawn all three European ties against Braga (twice) and Anzhi, both strong opposition. The later match against Anzhi highlighted the desire they do have to perform well this competition, as they fought to the end and fielded a strong team and bench. They’ll want to do the same again on Thursday, and I would expect the likes of Basta, Dommizzi, Di Natalie & Armero who have all been out the team for one reason or another recently to be involved. If Liverpool look like they may field a weakened team, with younger players or reserve players then I’d fancy Udinese to be able to frustrate and dominate them a little physically. Obviously that remains to be seen but if it is the case then the price on Udinese at 6+ seems a little long.

Re: Group A > 4 October (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys)

Some slightly strange activity on Betfair in the Anzhi v Young boys game. A lot of money came in within a few minutes looking to lay Anzhi and lay Young Boys. So somebody may know something. Might not be significant but can never be to carefull with the russian sides. Anyhow i am backing the draw just in case at 5.5 Bwin. Where there is smoke there is sometimes fire.
Sorry, but people who do "toto nero" surely won't use Betfair for this purpose. Here we could speak about millions of euros, and on Betfair sometimes it is difficult to match a few hundred bucks.

Re: Group A > 4 October (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) a great preview from Dylan... but imo liverpool could get a win here, i know saying after one game that liverpool is getting better is naive and simply stupid , but im putting my money on the team from anfield... sahin looks finally happy, suarez scored a few and even a chap called steven gerrard... whoever that is :) tbh i didnt watch a single game of udinese since the start of seria a... a few good players left and they still have som firepower... but. so my bet isnt based on stats or hot info... i will go with liverpool to win @ 1,6 Fortuna 6,5/10

Re: Group A > 4 October (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) Surely its unlikely that any of those three will start (with maybe the exception of Sahin). I've not heard much team news yet but looking at the match vs Young Boys and the tough game they've have against Stoke at the weekend, i would expect a mix of young players & reserves. At a guess it's probably likely to be something similar to; Jones Wisdom Coates Carragher Robinson Henderson, Shelvey, Suso Assaidi, Pacheo, Downing The likes of Sterling, Sahin and maybe even Joe Cole and Enrique may make the bench but there is no way that i'd back that team at such low odds. Still its worth waiting for more informed news rather than just speculating. One thing I do know is that Basta won't be travelling with Udinese squad, however everyone else does and on paper its a decent squad and Guidolin should field a competitive team. For info that squad is; Goalkeepers: 1. Brkic, 25. Padelli, 93. Pawlowski. Defenders: 27. Armero, 17. Benatia, 48. Berra, 16. Coda, 5. Danilo, 11. Domizzi, 75. Heurtaux, 26. Pasquale. Midfielders: 7. Badu, 6. Faraoni, 21. Lazzari, 37. Pereyra, 66. Pinzi, 88. Willians. Forwards: 31. Fabbrini, 10. Di Natale, 13. Ranegie.  

a great preview from Dylan... but imo liverpool could get a win here, i know saying after one game that liverpool is getting better is naive and simply stupid , but im putting my money on the team from anfield... sahin looks finally happy, suarez scored a few and even a chap called steven gerrard... whoever that is :) tbh i didnt watch a single game of udinese since the start of seria a... a few good players left and they still have som firepower... but. so my bet isnt based on stats or hot info... i will go with liverpool to win @ 1,6 Fortuna 6,5/10
Mate if your backing Liverpool on the basis that Suarez & Co will be playing, keep your cash in your pocket. Rodgers learned his lesson after the Hearts game, Liverpool were very flat against Arsenal 3 days later. I'd be shocked if the team doesn't come from the youths/reserves. I think Dylan has at least 8 of the starting line up there. Id imagine Borini would start in the middle if the front 3, would think Pacheco instead of Suso.The likes of Ryan Mc Laughlin may even get a game. Hopefully have some squad news in the morning, but with this group it's quite difficult to know what to expect. They are gathering momentum from the West Brom & Young Boys results, but I think they are vuberable defensively. Thinking of couple if speculative punts on Udinese goals at the moment, 4.5 on over 1.5gls, and 15 on over 2.5gls catching my eye.

Re: Group A > 4 October (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) Well I’m not going to wait around any longer as the price is falling a little bit on this already and is more likely to continue doing so than anything else. So I will take; Liverpool vs Udinese – Udinese +1AH 1.76 at Bet Victor (3 / 10 units) See previous posts for reasoning.

Liverpool v Udinese Over 2.5 goals @ 2 - Betfair. I'm surprised the overs are touching evens here tbh. I'd expect Liverpool to rest their big name players, and bring in several reserves / academy players that will be hungry. We saw signs against Young Boys of how much freedom Rodgers likes to give to his players, and personally I feel that Young Boys' defensive frailties contributed to the amount of goals scored. But I still think there's enough there to suggest they will create and score goals. Defensively as we'll Liverpool still look very suspect to me. I also think Liverpool are probably too short, and it wouldn't surprise me to see udinese get something from the game, or at least hit the net at lest once.

Re: Group A > 4 October (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) Looks like Anzhi Makhachackala will make quite a few changes going by Gus Hiddinks press conference today. http://www.fc-anji.ru/news/en/fc_anji_news/guus_hiddink_it_s_important_for_us_to_preserve_strength_video/ That also explains the betfair market. Currently there is £27000 to lay at 1.4 and only £1000 looking to back at 1.41/1.42 and so on. So I dont think Eto and most of the foreign "stars" will play. It may be a much weaker second string side that anzhi put out because they have a nucleus of highly paid foreign players but they dont have that much strength in depth after that.

Re: Group A > 4 October (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) 3pts Liverpool vs Udinese - Draw 29/10 BetVictor Udinese are hard to break down and beat and with Liverpool’s goal threat still questionable, especially when Suarez doesn’t play, I think we could see a tight game here and one which I wouldn’t be at all surprised should it end all square. Liverpool are generally good at home although they do draw a lot more than they used to 2-3 years ago and given their liking for a home draw and Udinese doing little but drawing these days the price on the draw looks good value here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/liverpool-vs-udinese-betting-honours-can-end-even-at-anfield-between-two-sides-not-adverse-to-a-draw

Re: Group A > 4 October (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) Anzhi Makhachkala -1.5 @ 2.23 pinnacle Though Anzhi will probably rest some of their key players, still like them to win this one well, given that Young Boys basically played Liverpool's second team at home and still managed to lose 5-3. Going east, where the conditions will be less favourable, then doubt that their mindset will be confident. If Anzhi do make several changes, then gives the opportunity for the younger players to put themselves on notice, which the Liverpool players did, and give them the three points. They still have to play Liverpool twice as well as Udinese at home, so after the 1-1 at Udinese, then a win here is very important for their ambitions. Liverpool - Udinese under 2.5 @ 2.03 pinnacle Liverpool should play a similar line up that faced Young Boys where they won 5-3 on the road, and the quality of the opposition was poor. The scoreline was misleading given that both defences gave up some pretty bad goals, and doubt that Udinese will be that generous here. The line up was as follows: Jones, Enrique, Coates, Carragher, Wisdom, Sahin, Henderson, Downing, Assaidi, Pacheco and Suso, with players like Borini, Cole and Shelvey and maybe getting a look in. They will meet a much tougher side here as Udinese have done well to recover from losing their first two Serie A games to win one and draw 3 of their last 4 games. Their last two games saw 0-0 draws away to Torino and at home to Genoa, so they too have not had a good start to their domestic season. The defence has held up without conceding a goal so they will make it diffcult to score, while Liverpool, besides Wisdom if he plays, has plenty of experience at the back, to counter the Udinese attack. Doubt that there are many goals in this game

Mate if your backing Liverpool on the basis that Suarez & Co will be playing, keep your cash in your pocket. Rodgers learned his lesson after the Hearts game, Liverpool were very flat against Arsenal 3 days later. I'd be shocked if the team doesn't come from the youths/reserves. I think Dylan has at least 8 of the starting line up there. Id imagine Borini would start in the middle if the front 3, would think Pacheco instead of Suso.The likes of Ryan Mc Laughlin may even get a game. Hopefully have some squad news in the morning, but with this group it's quite difficult to know what to expect. They are gathering momentum from the West Brom & Young Boys results, but I think they are vuberable defensively. Thinking of couple if speculative punts on Udinese goals at the moment, 4.5 on over 1.5gls, and 15 on over 2.5gls catching my eye.
Nothing concrete on the team news front yet. Rodgers said yesterday that the likes of Reina, Gerrard & Suarez will be involved. Involved could be on the bench, and that's what I expect, certainly for Gerrard & Suarez. Speculation at this stage is that Allen may play in the middle with Henderson & Shelvey. That's a decent middle 3 IMO. And that Johnson may start in defence. Pacheco tweeted that he is not involved, that would strengthen the team as he is not up to this level IMO. I still think any Liverpool side is vuberable defensively, as they miss Lucas as DM. Allen covers there but he is not the same from a defensive point of view. And with Carragher & Coates fairly certain to start in the centre, there will be chances for Udinese. I'm going to wait for the confirmed team, but will most likely have a small interest on Udinese goals. Regardless of the exact line-up, I find it very hard to get a handle on this Liverpool 2nd team yet. Look good going forward, but shaky at the back. Even Norwich could of had 4 goals against the first team on Sat. Until Lucas returns, I think they will continue to struggle to keep clean sheets.

Just so nobody interoperates that it will definitely be a strong line up, the exact quote from Rodgers: “One or two of the players that haven’t been involved much in this competition will come in,” he said. “Home games are always going to be important in this competition, so the likes of Steven, Luis and Pepe will come into consideration." Perhaps Gerrard plays, and gets rested for Stoke on Sunday ahead of heading away with England. I would be suprised but they do have options in that area with the emergence of Sahin & Shelvey. Let's see..........

Re: Group A > 4 October (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) I'm going to wait to see an exact line-up because a couple of players here and there will make a big difference in my confidence. Udinese +1 is on my list, but I'll only pull the trigger if Liverpool rest enough players. Udinese can be a tough little cookie and I don't really rate the technical ability of many Liverpool players.

Re: Group A > 4 October (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) Liverpool v Udinese 3pts Udinese win @ 6 Betvictor 2pts Di Natale to score anytime @ 3.75 Bluesquare Liverpool: Reina; Johnson, Coates, Carragher, Robinson; Henderson, Allen, Shelvey; Downing, Borini, Assaidi Liverpool bench: Jones, Skrtel, Wisdom, Nuri Sahin, Gerrardo, Sterling, Suarez Udinese: Brkic; Benatia; Danilo, Domizzi; Faraoni, Badu, Pinzi, Pasquale; Pereyra, Di Natale, Armero Udinese bench: Padelli, Coda, Heurteaux, Lazzari, Willians, Ranegie, Fabbrini Having see the line ups Udinese definately have more about them here. Skrtel, Sahin, Gerrard and Suarez all on the bench is just playing right in to Udineses hands here with the team they have fielded they show they want the 3 points alot more. Di Natale should cause the Liverpool defense all sorts of problems as Carraghers well past it and Coates doesn.t have much experience. This game will be alot different to the Young Boys game where Liverpool looked all over the place defensively and Udinese pose alot more of a threat than Young boys. Also attacking-wise i don't think Liverpool have much about them, Downing has been awful for the reds and Assaldi and Borini are still finding there feet. Experience should tell and Udinese should go back to Italy with the points tonight.

Liverpool v Udinese 3pts Udinese win @ 6 Betvictor 2pts Di Natale to score anytime @ 3.75 Bluesquare Liverpool: Reina; Johnson, Coates, Carragher, Robinson; Henderson, Allen, Shelvey; Downing, Borini, Assaidi Liverpool bench: Jones, Skrtel, Wisdom, Nuri Sahin, Gerrardo, Sterling, Suarez Udinese: Brkic; Benatia; Danilo, Domizzi; Faraoni, Badu, Pinzi, Pasquale; Pereyra, Di Natale, Armero Udinese bench: Padelli, Coda, Heurteaux, Lazzari, Willians, Ranegie, Fabbrini Having see the line ups Udinese definately have more about them here. Skrtel, Sahin, Gerrard and Suarez all on the bench is just playing right in to Udineses hands here with the team they have fielded they show they want the 3 points alot more. Di Natale should cause the Liverpool defense all sorts of problems as Carraghers well past it and Coates doesn.t have much experience. This game will be alot different to the Young Boys game where Liverpool looked all over the place defensively and Udinese pose alot more of a threat than Young boys. Also attacking-wise i don't think Liverpool have much about them, Downing has been awful for the reds and Assaldi and Borini are still finding there feet. Experience should tell and Udinese should go back to Italy with the points tonight.
CONGRATS!

Anzhi Makhachkala -1.5 @ 2.23 :D Liverpool - Udinese under 2.5 @ 2.03 :(
Liverpool looked solid in the first half but Di Natale's goal early in the second changed the complexion of the game, and the goals flowed from there

Liverpool v Udinese 3pts Udinese win @ 6 Betvictor 2pts Di Natale to score anytime @ 3.75 Bluesquare Liverpool: Reina; Johnson, Coates, Carragher, Robinson; Henderson, Allen, Shelvey; Downing, Borini, Assaidi Liverpool bench: Jones, Skrtel, Wisdom, Nuri Sahin, Gerrardo, Sterling, Suarez Udinese: Brkic; Benatia; Danilo, Domizzi; Faraoni, Badu, Pinzi, Pasquale; Pereyra, Di Natale, Armero Udinese bench: Padelli, Coda, Heurteaux, Lazzari, Willians, Ranegie, Fabbrini Having see the line ups Udinese definately have more about them here. Skrtel, Sahin, Gerrard and Suarez all on the bench is just playing right in to Udineses hands here with the team they have fielded they show they want the 3 points alot more. Di Natale should cause the Liverpool defense all sorts of problems as Carraghers well past it and Coates doesn.t have much experience. This game will be alot different to the Young Boys game where Liverpool looked all over the place defensively and Udinese pose alot more of a threat than Young boys. Also attacking-wise i don't think Liverpool have much about them, Downing has been awful for the reds and Assaldi and Borini are still finding there feet. Experience should tell and Udinese should go back to Italy with the points tonight.
superb bets :clap:clap

Liverpool v Udinese Over 2.5 goals @ 2 - Betfair. I'm surprised the overs are touching evens here tbh. I'd expect Liverpool to rest their big name players, and bring in several reserves / academy players that will be hungry. We saw signs against Young Boys of how much freedom Rodgers likes to give to his players, and personally I feel that Young Boys' defensive frailties contributed to the amount of goals scored. But I still think there's enough there to suggest they will create and score goals. Defensively as we'll Liverpool still look very suspect to me. I also think Liverpool are probably too short, and it wouldn't surprise me to see udinese get something from the game, or at least hit the net at lest once.
Seems like the overs were the bet of the night across the Europa league... Well done as well on the udinese win!

Re: Group A > 4 October (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) Great picks Hebert. I couldn't believe how crazy the prices on Udinese got over the last few hours before kick off. Saw them at 7.0 on betvictor mid afternoon.

Well I’m not going to wait around any longer as the price is falling a little bit on this already and is more likely to continue doing so than anything else. So I will take; Liverpool vs Udinese – Udinese +1AH 1.76 at Bet Victor (3 / 10 units) See previous posts for reasoning.
:ok +2.28 units for me.

Cheers everyone glad these came in for us thought the Liverpool subs would have done more damage when they came on was hoping Udinese would have a lead before they were called upon but they got the job done in the end! Congrats to everyone who won anything here! :ok