Southampton v Fulham > Sun 7 October

Cracking odds for Southampton here, and Fulham are definitely worth a LAY. Fulham are still much better performers at home, rather than away, and I made a vow never to touch them away from home at under 3. I can't see Southampton getting much joy away from home due to their style they will always be on the back foot, fighting to regain lost ground. But at home where they can dictate things a bit better, they are much more formidable, and very back able at current odds. We saw in their last home encounter how they took villa apart, and to me they looked a complete class apart. Just the pace, movement, and technical ability was different class. I think they're fantastic value to chalk up a victory against a Fulham side that don't tend to travel well.

Re: Southampton v Fulham > Sun 7 October I stuck 2 units on Southampton DNB @ 21/20 (Betfair) earlier in the week with a view to bailing out if the team news turns sour. Price has not really moved all that much in the last couple of days, Southampton still too long in my view. When you consider home/away dynamic then it's a logical move, Southampton should be on the -0.25 line for this game so to get full draw cover around EVS represents value for me. Will see how things develop over the next few days...

Re: Southampton v Fulham > Sun 7 October *Southampton WIN @ 2.84 Betfair* Cracking odds here for the home side, was expecting 2.4ish.. I don't think Fulham deserve to be favourites, that's for sure. Southampton have only win 1 game in the Premier League so far, and have lost the other 5 games, but i have seen enough from them to know that they are very threatening going forward, as the proved when scoring 2 at the Etihad, scoring 2 against Man United, scoring at the Emirates, scoring 4 at home to Villa, and they also scored at Everton. Their problem has been their defence, but if they can get that sorted out, i really fancy them to beat Fulham. Fulham have done well so far this season, but they often put in absolute stinkers on the road, one of those was when they went to West Ham and got hockeyed 3-0. They normally tend to do poor away from home overall throughout a season, and with the Saints having a superb striker like Lambert up front, i think they are just way overpriced, and the value is with the home team.

Re: Southampton v Fulham > Sun 7 October After playing six games, facing three of big guns (Man Utd, Man City and Arsenal) and scoring 10 goals Southampton are looking impressive upfront,however there are a few doubts about their defence though (18 goals conceded).Fulham scored 13 (thats second biggest in PL behind Man Utd) and conceded 9 goals. I do think that The Saints are a team not to be messed around and they will play the game with a lot of attacking football, so to back both teams to score or to go with a bet over 2.0 or 2.5 goals in a game looks a tasty one.

Re: Southampton v Fulham > Sun 7 October Southampton have been quite impressive going forward I think. Gaston Ramirez reminds me a bit of Dennis Bergkamp with his touch and control (before anyone laughs at me, I know he'd done nothing in the game really, I was more referring to his style of play). Problem is that they don't have any idea how to defend. Both of their goalkeepers look poor, and the middle of their defence looks like you can drive a bus through it. Fulham are good at keeping it tight and nicking a goal, although they don't win away from home very often. This looks like the type of game where Southampton might have a bit more of the game but end up losing because they can't defend. That said, I would make Southampton marginal favourites so they are certainly the bet here, or possibly DNB / lay Fulham if you like to play a bit safer.

Re: Southampton v Fulham > Sun 7 October berbetov has made positive impact on fulham. they can now travel away and get wins. he's able to hold the ball well and is cool when he gets a chance or two to score. fulham will be quite relient on him assisting aslo. i expect southampton to give them a strong match. i think it will be draw

Re: Southampton v Fulham > Sun 7 October In my opinion both teams have goals in them. Southampton in particular score and concede many goals and out of their 6 games only 1 game produced less than 3 goals. On average their games produced 4.67 goals per game. They managed to score 2 goals against both Manchester sides and even though the said teams are not in their best form at the moment, scoring against them should mean something. Matches involving Fulham also produced many goals this season, on average 3.67 goals per game with all games producing 3 goals or more. It is likely that Berbatov will play so I am more convinced that there will be goals in this game. Over 3.5 Goals @ 3.00 (2 units) William Hill Over 4.5 Goals @ 6.00 (1 unit) ​William Hill

Re: Southampton v Fulham > Sun 7 October Guys, Berbatov is unlikely to play. I can't guarantee that he won't, but he is still injured from Wigan, and was set to miss at least 2 games then. Petric is also a doubt, which means Rodallega could be playing as the striker, and despite scoring against Wigan, he has not been on form yet this season. Strangely, he has also been played left wing, figure that out... Berba due back 20th oct Petric due back for this game Diarra is still injured making midfield choices difficult, but Baird played very well in CM recently. He can be hot/cold though in that position. As with last season and many before that, our away form has been poor. We are taking 2500 (max allocation) to southampton though which is good news. It is a no bet for me... All I would look at is the goalscorer markets for Fulham, if petric is longer than berba then it may be worth a punt.

Re: Southampton v Fulham > Sun 7 October 4pts Southampton to beat Fulham 17/10 Ladbrokes I quite like Southampton in this match. Their league position isn’t a true reflection of the quality that they have and in Rickie Lambert they have a proven goalscorer who can win tight games on his own. We saw when Southampton played someone around their standing in the Premier League in Aston Villa just how good they can be and I think they can show that here in front of the TV cameras. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/southampton-vs-fulham-betting-southampton-can-show-they-are-in-a-false-position-with-win-over-fulham

Re: Southampton v Fulham > Sun 7 October BTTS 1.67 @ Betfair - Although the price is not that great i think there is a very good chance that this bet will come in. Southampton have been woeful defensively but are capable of scoring goals and have scored 10 goals and conceded 18 in 6 matches. This means that there have been 28 goals in Southampton's first 6 games meaning that on average games involving them have 4.67 goals in them. Fulham have also been involved in fairly high scoring games scoring 13 and conceding 9 in their first 6 games which means that there have been 22 goals in 6 games involving Fulham giving an average of 3.67 goals per game. Out of the 12 games that these 2 teams have played so far this bet would have won 8 teams giving it a 67% success rate. However interestingly, in terms of the over 2.5 goals bet then in the 12 games involving these sides the over 2.5 bet would have won 11 out of 12 times. However, IMO the odds of over 2.5 goals which is 1.8 @ Betfair is not worth the risk compared to BTTS which is 1.67 as there is only a 0.13 difference in the odds. Although Berbatov is out Fulham still have enough quality to score at St Mary's tomorrow and in all honesty i wouldn't fancy Southampton to keep a clean sheet against anyone right now. Although Fulham are normally quite good defensively i still don't think they will keep a clean sheet tomorrow as Rickie Lambert is a real handful and has started the season well having scored 4 goals in the first 6 games already. Also, Gaston Ramirez and Adam Lallana are other threats and i don't think Fulham will be able to keep the Saints out particularly as the game is at St Mary's.

Re: Southampton v Fulham > Sun 7 October Under 2.5 @ 2.17 pinnacle Southampton have yet to keep a clean sheet in their six games so far but like their chances of doing so here as Fulham are without Berbatov and Petric is unlikely to play. Fulham have had their problems on the road getting a result, and without two key front men, then they are not a team who is likely to score. Soton do like to attack but they are up against a pretty good defence as Schwarzer in goal, with Hangeland and Hughes in the middle, and Riise and Reither out wide have been reasonably good this year. And even if Soton do score, then like them to put further emphasis on their defence, as they have dropped more points from winning positions than any other team this season, so a win for them is very important. Like the look of a low scoring game here as both defences can cancel each other out 17-23 (-1.06)

Re: Southampton v Fulham > Sun 7 October I'm tempted to go against the general opinion here and LAY Southampton, especially since their odds are now at 2.60 which I think it too short. I'd honestly have this game priced up with Southampton has slight favourites but now they are clear favourites. I know Fulham have very poor away form for many years now but they are capable of putting in decent away performances and they are still not an easy team to beat. Confidence has to be taken from the win against Wigan away and also a decent performance at Old Trafford in defeat. I do like the look of this Southampton team going forward but in defense they look awful at times and even with Fulham's missing strikers I still think there's a good chance they'll score. Home advantage is a funny thing especially for such a strong home team like Fulham if this was at Craven Cottage I'm sure Fulham would be priced up as strong favourites and well and truly odds on.

Re: Southampton v Fulham > Sun 7 October Southampton v Fulham 4pts Lambert anytime scorer @ 3 Stanjames Really late one here. I like how Southampton are lining up here they look really attacking, they've not struggled scoring goals it's more keeping them out of there own net thats the problem. So with that in mind going to take there top hitman Lambert to score anytime at decent odds.