** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Serie B > September 29 - October 1

[TABLE=class: couponTable] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 29 September 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Crotone v Livorno (14:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6/4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9/4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 23/10 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.07 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Empoli v Brescia (14:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 21/10 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 17/10 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.27 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hellas Verona v Bari (14:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 17/20 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9/2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Juve Stabia v Padova (14:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6/4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 21/10 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.21 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Novara v Ternana (14:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5/6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9/2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.19 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sassuolo v Ascoli (14:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4/6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.10 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Spezia v Reggina (14:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 19/20 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 23/10 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7/2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Vicenza v Grosseto (14:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.33 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Virtus Lanciano v Modena (14:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 19/10 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 21/10 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.99 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 1 October 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Cittadella v Pro Vercelli (18:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/10 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.97 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Cesena v Varese (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 21/10 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 21/10 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.95 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Serie B > September 29 - October 1 Virtus Lanciano V Modena Modena +0 @ 5/6 (Pinnacle) 1.5 Units Lanciano coach Carmine Gautieri would be the first to admit that luck was on his side for their 0-1 victory at Reggina midweek. Lanciano’s performance was fine but to come away with all 3pts flattered them slightly in some peoples view. Gautieri is another former student of Zdenek Zeman and deploys his trademark 4-3-3 system with this current Lanciano side. It’s a team with a fairly decent defence but tepid attack, which is pretty much the reverse of what you’d expect from a 4-3-3 Zeman module. Part of the reason for their goal scoring issues is the loss of last seasons forward trident which included Sassuolo’s rising star Leonardo Pavoletti. Lanciano’s current trident is not exactly firing on all cylinders, this may change over the course of the season but at present they don’t have the cutting edge you would expect from the kind of system they play. Modena are a side with some very decent individuals at this level and I expect them to do well this season, perhaps a top 6 finish. There has been a fairly high turnover of players during the summer with a change of manager thrown into the melting pot so consistency has been an issue early doors this season. Individual lapses of concentration, appalling refereeing decisions and a tough fixture list has meant Marcolin’s side reads W2 D2 L2 F7 A7 as things stand. There was a fair amount of rotation in the midweek game at Brescia and this combined with those poor refereeing decisions I mentioned meant they came away with 0 pts from the game. I expect Modena to return to a more familiar module for the match at Lanciano with the likes of Surraco, Lazarevic and Signori potentially coming back in and this should make them much more effective as a unit. The fixture list is beginning to ease now for Marcolin’s side and they will see this game as an opportunity to start a good run of form. I don’t wish to underestimate Lanciano here, they are an organized side with a coach who recognizes their own strengths and weaknesses. The win at Reggina would have been a decent morale booster but I don’t think they have the firepower to beat Modena in this contest. The away side has quality in all departments and sooner or later they are going to start clicking and cause teams all kinds of problems at this level. It’s not exactly an automatic bet but it’s a speculation I’m willing to make given the quality gap between the two sides.

Re: Serie B > September 29 - October 1 Below is one of the previews and also suggested bets from this weeks newsletter. After good midweek I hope I can keep it going, with 4 official bets today. YTD records stands @ 20 wins - 5 voids - 3 losses - ROI: 52,17%. More information can be found on blog. Lanciano - Modena Lanciano: From last week’s newsletter: Team news: Nothing new concerning team Reggina, usual players still our, Lanciano as well with nothing to be preferably noticed Predicted lineups: REGGINA (3-4-1-2): Baiocco; Adejo, Di Bari, Bergamelli; Melara, Rizzo, Barillà, Rizzato; Sarno;Ceravolo,Comi.All.Dionigi. VIRTUS LANCIANO (4-3-3): Leali; Almici, Aquilanti, Amenta, Mammarella; Di Cecco, Paghera, Volpe; Pepe, Fofana, Turchi. All. Gautieri Prediction: From distance I don’t like it, despite I favour the hosts. Reggina is typical home team and they have some good individuals, but lost comparing to last season. With its tactics more suitable against attacking teams this could be hard on them as Lanciano will come here for a point and they could frustrate them. So no bet on this occasion. Last game review: It was a smart move not to bet on this game, as both teams simply can’t attack. To the game. It was a bad one really, both could be dangerous form distance and could not create a break into the opponents 16m. But Lanciano did take the lead early on with a excellent long range shot from Mammarella. Reggina then tried, got a weird penalty (striker was not in a goal scoring position, and this one would be easily been avoided by a better defence), but Ceravolo managed to miss the shot. It was a bad penalty and a good stop from U21 Italy keeper Leali. Reggina pressed but managed only one good through ball, but Ceravolo again missed from solid position. Second half was the same, only long rangers (two excellent stops again from Leali who was for me MOM in this bad game), once did Reggina managedto break thorugh and create a good low cross in front of Lealis goal. Late on nervous Rizzo got a red card for a bad tackle. A said both were bad and both can’t create, Leali are real gem in Lanciano goal and he will be future Serie A star for sure. Stats from last match: [TABLE=width: 743, align: center] [TR] [TD=colspan: 3]Match Stats[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]9[/TD] [TD]Shots[/TD] [TD]4[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]4[/TD] [TD]Shots on goal[/TD] [TD]2[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]15[/TD] [TD]Fouls[/TD] [TD]20[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]6[/TD] [TD]Corner Kicks[/TD] [TD]5[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]2[/TD] [TD]Offsides[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]49[/TD] [TD]Time %[/TD] [TD]51[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Modena: From last week’s newsletter: Brescia with no problems, Calori probably with same team as last rounf. Modena with some changes as attacker Stanco ++++ (4/3) is back in the team after Lazarevic played last game. No injury worries for either. Predicted lineups: BRESCIA (3-5-2): Arcari; De Maio, Salamon, Stovini; Zambelli, Lasik, Budel, Bouy, Daprelà; Corvia,Caracciolo.All.Calori MODENA (3-4-3): Manfredini; Andjelkovic, Zoboli, Perna; Nardini, Dalla Bona, Osuji, Pagano; Stanco, Ardemagni, Surraco. All. Marcolin Prediction: This is too close game to call. Both are quality teams and both have its great players that can decide the game on their own. When I saw the card I immediately said to myself that this one, if no bigger news, is a no bet. Last game review: I said it was a no bet game and first half showed that. Both teams were more careful, but Brescia more offensive and also created some goal scoring opportunities, two of them were really good, but I can say that only one was from worked out action from open play, other from corner, when goalie Colombi did extremely well. Modena in first half only one dangerous attempt from free kick, but more or less, sleepy first half. Caracciolo was well marked out of the game, but in first real action in 2nd half, this player scored with header (as expected of him) after a cross from left wing. Modena equalised from set piece and several failed attempts from Brescia defence to clear the ball, scrappy goal from nowhere really. Winner came from the penalty – a dubious one as the players who was adjudged to be tripped was really not in a goal scoring opportunity. Later nothing worth mentioning happened. I can say I was correct for not betting on this game, as it was even game and even more one of worst games of the round. Both team showed little and a draw would have been okay. And never this one should went “over”, as all goals came from nowhere, probably only Caracciolo goal came from real action but player showed he has positional qualities. Stats from last match: [TABLE=width: 743, align: center] [TR] [TD=colspan: 3]Match Stats[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]9[/TD] [TD]Shots[/TD] [TD]8[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]5[/TD] [TD]Shots on goal[/TD] [TD]2[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]20[/TD] [TD]Fouls[/TD] [TD]16[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]3[/TD] [TD]Corner Kicks[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]Offsides[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]58[/TD] [TD]Time %[/TD] [TD]42[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Team news: Predicted line-ups: VIRTUS LANCIANO (4-3-3): Leali; Almici, Aquilanti, Amenta, Mammarella; Vastola, Paghera, Volpe; Falcinelli, Fofana, Turchi. All. Gautieri. MODENA (3-4-3): Colombi; Andjelkovic, Zoboli, Perna; Nardini, Dalla Bona, Signorini, Gulan; Lazarevic, Ardemagni, Surraco. All. Marcolin. Home: Two youngsters are recovered for Gautieri – Holtor and defender Almici +++, but still not in team attacker Falcone (1/0) and midfielder Marceta (2/0), probably that news will not influence the outcome of this game as neither of the players are mightly important for Lanciano Away: There are no bigger issues for Modena. Analysis and prediction for forthcoming match: I like Modena here, Lanciano is not the team on their quality level and i do think that they will have problems with guests who are a good team on this level. Overall 0 ah looks good. Conclusion: Not making it official but i do recommend Modena 0 @ 1.89

Re: Serie B > September 29 - October 1 Verona-Bari 1 I like a lot this bet, because i also like a lot Verona as a team, city, and fans. They seems to have find an equilibrium with all that good player. Today there will be at least 15.000 people at match, Bari miss Defendi, very imporant player, so this is not a real blow, but have some importance. Verona must start to win some games in a row even at home, to gain confidence, consistence, coehsion. I know that Serie B, like in alto of country, is very difficult to bet on, but i don t mind, and pick verona 1 at 1,85 with 5 stake. Ale Hellas!

Re: Serie B > September 29 - October 1

Modena +0 @ 5/6 (Pinnacle)
FT: Virtus Lanciano 1-1 Modena = PUSH Second half fight-back from Modena but they couldn't convert our refund into a win here. Mammarella opened the scoring for the home side, he is scoring far too many goals for a left-back for my liking. Signori with the equaliser for Modena. Haven't had a chance to watch the game so I don't know much about what went on. My thanks as always goes to azzurini as his views are highly valuable when betting on this league. Congratulations to saimon76 who landed with Hellas today, Bari finally beaten and Man City fans may remember the name Valeri Bojinov who bagged the only goal of the match near the death.

Re: Serie B > September 29 - October 1 To bad Modena could not capitalise on red card given to Lanciano. Other bets went solid, Only let down for saturday was Novara which (I really dont know how really, this was one of those days in football when justice was not on our side) apart form that 3 from 4 were good.