** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

September 17 - September 23

Re: September 17 - September 23 Back Philipp Kohlschreiber to win ATP Metz for a 1/10 stake at 7.00 with Stan James The second half of the draw is where you should look for outright bets and Kohlschreiber is the guy that stands out in all honesty. Gael Monfils and Florian Mayer are the only two guys that should be able to challenge him, but I would not really want to trust them with the Frenchman returning from a rather long injury break and the German coming back from a weekend of Davis Cup duties. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-metz-betting-philipp-kohlschreiber-looks-value-over-in-metz Back Philipp Petzschner to win ATP St.Petersburg for a 0.5/10 stake at 41.00 with Stan James Back Lukasz Kubot to win ATP St.Petersburg for a 0.5/10 stake at 21.00 with Stan James The Russian events tend to bring surprising results and I am willing to stake one point on two long shots this week. Philipp Petzschner is as hit or miss as it can possibly get, but he can always get into the groove and I fancy him to have some fire in him after a solid US Open showing. Meanwhile, Kubot has the playing style that can do damage in these conditions and his draw will open up nicely if he can get past the first round, which is quite possible given Istomin's suspicious form. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-st-petersburg-betting-the-underdogs-can-produce-some-shocking-results-once-again

Re: September 17 - September 23 One for me today: MATTHIAS BACHINGER v RAJEEV RAM - Over 22.5 games @ 1.91 with 188bet This has got the feel of an overs match. Conditions are going to be quick in St Petersburg, on a hard indoor surface, and that suits both of these fellas. Both have big serves and like to attack and I'd also argue that neither man is especially sound in defence or return. They've played a few times before and have both beaten each other, so there's no real edge. When betting on overs I like to see two evenly matched players and although I favour Bachinger slightly in terms of winning the tie, I can see very few openings against the serve and that should create a tight encounter. I'd have had this line a bit higher so feel there's value to be had in this one. :hope

Re: September 17 - September 23 just a warning note as to why garcia lopez price has been on the drift Garcia-Lopez didn't take part in an exhibition event in the Spanish city of Albacete (his birthplace) just over a week ago because of injury. "I came from New York and the next day I tried to practice but I was not well. I had groin problems," said Garcia-Lopez. The Spaniard, who was ordered to rest for a few days, has recently split with his coach Pepe Clavet and moved back to Alicante from Madrid. "I changed my coach at the end of last season and started with Pepe Clavet. Now we have had a change," he said. "The season hasn't gone badly. I am just over 60 and would like to finish the year in the top 50. I have few points to defend and therefore I think for next year I can get to top 30. That's the aim." i cannot for the life of bring myself to bet someone called donskoy :)

Re: September 17 - September 23 I'm with Atko too ... these two are great servers and it's going to be a close match i think. Of course sometimes this 22.5 goes wrond if anyone in these tight matches breaks back in 5-7 and then other going nuts mentaly in the second... Ram isn't that good that were in begining of 2012, but still his serve volley could help in the indors.. GL!

Re: September 17 - September 23 Back Sorana Cirstea to win WTA Guangzhou for a 0.5/10 stake at 15.74 with Pinnacle One more long shot for me. Cirstea is always in the mix in these smaller tournaments and I would really have her at a shorter price given her soft draw early on. The second half of the draw should be a two horse race between her and one of the two Chinese ladies in all honesty and I expect the price to shorten after a few rounds, potentially giving us something to work with in terms of trading as well (if the need arises). Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wta-guangzhou-betting-sorana-cirstea-looks-primed-for-a-breakthrough Back Kimiko Date-Krumm (+1.5 sets) to beat Magdalena Rybarikova for a 2/10 stake at 2.50 with Pinnacle The Japanese veteran is not going to win any events any more, but I feel that she is still capable of playing well on Asian soil, especially given that this might easily be one of her last tournaments in those conditions. Rybarikova is still way too hit or miss for me and I would not want to trust her in these circumstances. In theory, she should be able to outlast Date and win in the end and I would hate to back the veteran only to see this go to a decider, so the set handicap looks like the best bet to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/date-vs-rybarikova-betting-the-experienced-veteran-can-still-do-some-damage-in-familiar-conditions

Re: September 17 - September 23 Back Cedrik-Marcel Stebe to beat Jesse Levine for a 2/10 stake at 2.35 with Pinnacle Would have this as a 50/50 match in all honesty. Stebe is the better player for me, but there is obviously the problem with surface transition. However, he will be boosted by the phenomenal victory against Hewitt and he should have way too much in him for Levine to deal with. Levine is just too one-dimensional for me - the surface will hide some of those problems, but he should not be the fav here imo. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/stebe-vs-levine-betting-the-talented-german-can-get-through-to-the-second-round- Back Jan Hajek (+1.5 sets) to beat Michael Berrer for a 3/10 stake at 1.91 with Paddy Power Should be a funny match, but I am fully expecting Hajek to take a set at least. Berrer is on the border between solid and crazy bad at the moment and Hajek is not as hopeless indoors as it may look like. His playing style should force Berrer into plenty of errors and a set is within the Czech's range. Would not mind backing the outright either I guess, but sticking with the set handicap for the time being. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hajek-vs-berrer-betting-jan-hajek-to-trouble-the-inconsistent-michael-berrer

Re: September 17 - September 23 Quite a few bets catching my eye today ... ANDREAS SEPPI v IVAN DODIG - Andreas Seppi -2.5 games @ 2.04 with marathonbet I find it hard to make a case for Dodig at the moment. He's had a pretty tough year. Failed to kick on from some fine results last year and has been plagued by back problems all summer. There's little doubt that indoor hard courts are his favoured surface, but Seppi ought to be too strong for him. The Italian has had his best year on the Tour for some time and has become a far more mentally astute player. We are seeing less and less 'mental checkouts'. Admittedly, he hasn't done a huge amount in the last few weeks, although I suspect his handful of clay Challenger events were preparation for Italy's Davis Cup tie with Chile last weekend. He's got far more variation and skill than Dodig, who plays with a lot of power. I think the handicap on Seppi should be higher, so willing to play him on the minus. It's also worth noting that the Italian leads the H2H 2-0, including a victory earlier this year. PHILIPP PETZSCHNER v RICARDAS BERANKIS - Philipp Petzschner @ 2.07 with 188bet I'm very surprised by these odds. I honestly would have Petzschner as the favourite. Berankis is a talented boy but still young and very prone to ups and downs. Last week he served for the match against Jan Hernych in Petange, got broken and then crumbled. Of course, there's his appearance in the Los Angeles final to take into consideration, but he's too inconsistent at the moment to make favourite for me. Petzschner likes an indoor hard court. He's a very attack-minded player, likes to throw in slice and angles and often comes to the net. It'd be a surprise for me if the experienced German doesn't get a win in this match. He's taken guys like Janko Tipsarevic and Nicolas Almagro close in his past few events and should have a few too many gears for the young Lithuanian. JESSE LEVINE v CEDRICK MARCEL STEBE - Cedrik Marcel Stebe +2.5 games @ 1.94 with marathonbet Another odds compilation that I personally find a bit strange. I don't see what Levine's done to merit being such a big favourite, if indeed a favourite at all. Stebe's coming off a big win for Germany in the Davis Cup and although that was on clay, he'll arrive in Metz very confident. Levine is a wily old fox and will try to outsmart Stebe, but the German himself is quite crafty and has a more thoughtful game than his years belie. I never really like backing Levine away from the States or on grass, as he doesn't tend to pick up many results away from those environs. Both men are susceptible on serve and I can see a few breaks along the way, but on current form, I wouldn't even have Stebe on a plus. In my opinion, there's massive value here. SIMONE BOLELLI v HORACIO ZEBALLOS - Horacio Zeballos +2 games AH @ 1.94 with marathonbet This selection comes a bit out of left-field but there's reasoning behind it. Zeballos is actually quite a handy indoor hard court player. He made the final here a few years ago and has the big strokes that work on a quicker surface. He's lost both meetings with Bolelli, including one this year, but that was on the clay. The Italian isn't really a man who plays much indoor tennis. Almost all of this matches this year have taken place on clay and I wonder whether he'll be able to transfer on to these courts as smoothly as he'd wish. Zeballos at least has some pedigree in these conditions and I think he could cause Bolelli some issues in this match. :hope

Re: September 17 - September 23

Quite a few bets catching my eye today ... ANDREAS SEPPI v IVAN DODIG - Andreas Seppi -2.5 games @ 2.04 with marathonbet I find it hard to make a case for Dodig at the moment. He's had a pretty tough year. Failed to kick on from some fine results last year and has been plagued by back problems all summer. There's little doubt that indoor hard courts are his favoured surface, but Seppi ought to be too strong for him. The Italian has had his best year on the Tour for some time and has become a far more mentally astute player. We are seeing less and less 'mental checkouts'. Admittedly, he hasn't done a huge amount in the last few weeks, although I suspect his handful of clay Challenger events were preparation for Italy's Davis Cup tie with Chile last weekend. He's got far more variation and skill than Dodig, who plays with a lot of power. I think the handicap on Seppi should be higher, so willing to play him on the minus. It's also worth noting that the Italian leads the H2H 2-0, including a victory earlier this year. PHILIPP PETZSCHNER v RICARDAS BERANKIS - Philipp Petzschner @ 2.07 with 188bet I'm very surprised by these odds. I honestly would have Petzschner as the favourite. Berankis is a talented boy but still young and very prone to ups and downs. Last week he served for the match against Jan Hernych in Petange, got broken and then crumbled. Of course, there's his appearance in the Los Angeles final to take into consideration, but he's too inconsistent at the moment to make favourite for me. Petzschner likes an indoor hard court. He's a very attack-minded player, likes to throw in slice and angles and often comes to the net. It'd be a surprise for me if the experienced German doesn't get a win in this match. He's taken guys like Janko Tipsarevic and Nicolas Almagro close in his past few events and should have a few too many gears for the young Lithuanian. JESSE LEVINE v CEDRICK MARCEL STEBE - Cedrik Marcel Stebe +2.5 games @ 1.94 with marathonbet Another odds compilation that I personally find a bit strange. I don't see what Levine's done to merit being such a big favourite, if indeed a favourite at all. Stebe's coming off a big win for Germany in the Davis Cup and although that was on clay, he'll arrive in Metz very confident. Levine is a wily old fox and will try to outsmart Stebe, but the German himself is quite crafty and has a more thoughtful game than his years belie. I never really like backing Levine away from the States or on grass, as he doesn't tend to pick up many results away from those environs. Both men are susceptible on serve and I can see a few breaks along the way, but on current form, I wouldn't even have Stebe on a plus. In my opinion, there's massive value here. SIMONE BOLELLI v HORACIO ZEBALLOS - Horacio Zeballos +2 games AH @ 1.94 with marathonbet This selection comes a bit out of left-field but there's reasoning behind it. Zeballos is actually quite a handy indoor hard court player. He made the final here a few years ago and has the big strokes that work on a quicker surface. He's lost both meetings with Bolelli, including one this year, but that was on the clay. The Italian isn't really a man who plays much indoor tennis. Almost all of this matches this year have taken place on clay and I wonder whether he'll be able to transfer on to these courts as smoothly as he'd wish. Zeballos at least has some pedigree in these conditions and I think he could cause Bolelli some issues in this match. :hope
Seppi d. Dodig 6-7, 6-3, 6-4 WIN Berankis d. Petzschner 6-2, 3-2 ret. PUSH Levine d. Stebe 6-3, 6-2 LOSS Bolelli d. Zeballos 7-6, 7-5 LOSS Too many poor selections, Stebe in particular. Will need to turn this form around if I want to end the tennis week in profit.

Re: September 17 - September 23 Back Gael Monfils (-3) to beat Nicolas Mahut for a 2/10 stake at 1.95 with Pinnacle Monfils should be too strong for Mahut here, even if you take his injury problems into account. He has been stunning so far, beating Rochus in what could have easily been a tricky match-up for him. Meanwhile, Mahut has been poor against Brands, no breaks in that one, but neither guy was as comfortable on serve as it might look like on paper. A repeat of their first round performances should see Monfils through with something to spare and that is what I am going to hope for as well. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/monfils-vs-mahut-betting-gael-monfils-can-continue-his-comeback-with-another-nice-win Back Ricardas Berankis to beat Jurgen Zopp for a 2/10 stake at 1.86 with Pinnacle For me, Berankis is the more talented guy of these two young talents. Unlike Zopp, Ricardas Berankis has already managed to do something on the main tour and this year's season has been fairly good for him as well if you take the injury problems into consideration. Zopp is good enough to win at the challenger level, but he has been having problems with coming back to the main tour and winning there, so I have to go against him in this clash. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/berankis-vs-zopp-betting-ricardas-berankis-to-prevail-in-the-battle-of-young-talents

Re: September 17 - September 23 Anyone who can give me info about [TABLE=class: team]

[TR] [TD=class: tname-home face-enable]Paire B. (Fra)[/TD] [TD=class: current-result]-[/TD] [TD=class: tname-away face-enable]Kohlschreiber P. (Ger)[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Metz (France), hard (indoor) odds are dropping on Paire.Any reason?:eyes

Re: September 17 - September 23 September 21st, 2012 WTA KDB Korean Open (Seoul) Kiki Bertens vs. Kaia Kanepi Pick: Kiki Bertens to Win Match. odds 4.24 at Pinnacle Bertens and Kanepi have never faced each other in professional play. In fact in a recent interview Kanepi admitted she had never seen Bertens play at all. Kanepi is on a roll winning 9 of her last 11 matches Winning most of them handily I might ad. But Bertens is young. She only turned pro in 2009 and is an up and comer. She has won 5 of her last 8 matches. In her last match against the Spaniard Soler Espinosa, she battled and kept her errors low in the tie breaker set to win. She showed determination and an ability not to choke under pressure. The books currently favor heavily Kanepi. Given Berten's recent show of cool and determination in her recent tie breaker match and the fact that Kanepi has never even seen Bertens play, both the books and Kanepi may be surprised today when the two face off for the first time. Look for Bertens to continue to grow as a player and hand Kanepi a surprise defeat. All the Best, Bloke

Re: September 17 - September 23 Back Jesse Levine - Under 8.5 games for a 2/10 stake at 1.90 with Pinnacle Just one for me today. Tsonga should really be too strong for Levine in Metz and he has shown against Reix that he is fully fit and ready for this challenge. Expect him to get a read on Levine's one-dimensional game and then picking on his weaknesses when it matters. Levine is obviously going to hold his serve a couple of times, he is good enough to do that, but nine games might easily be out of his reach in my opinion. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/tsonga-vs-levine-betting-the-number-one-seed-can-deal-with-the-one-dimensional-american

Re: September 17 - September 23 Back Su-Wei Hsieh to beat Laura Robson for a 2/10 stake at 3.25 with Ladbrokes Two for me in the morning matches. First of all, Laura Robson is going to play in her first WTA final and, although I am sure that we would all like to see her win, she should not be priced at such a low price in my opinion. She is still a bit weak mentally and had some near-chokes throughout the week, so who knows whether she will be able to cope with the pressure that comes with the final matches or not. Hsieh is quite experienced and will force her into longer rallies, so I am more than happy to take the odds that are on offer at Ladbrokes. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hsieh-vs-robson-betting-laura-robson-looks-overrated-in-her-first-wta-final Back Varvara Lepchenko to beat Kaia Kanepi for a 2/10 stake at 2.80 with BetVictor Kanepi has done well to reach the semi-finals after coming back from a fairly long break, but she should not be such a huge favourite against someone as strong as Lepchenko I would say. The American is in what is probably her best season and I did like her comeback victory against Paszek in the previous round, so I can definitely see her upsetting Kanepi in this encounter. After all, Kanepi could have easily lost against Bertens from what what I have seen and that simply is not a good sign ahead of this challenging affair. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lepchenko-vs-kanepi-betting-varvara-lepchenko-can-upset-kaia-kanepi-in-seoul-

Re: September 17 - September 23 September 22nd, 2012 Challenger Izmir Cup (Turkey) Karol Beck vs Dimitry Tursunov Pick: Dimitry Tursunov to Win Match. odds 1.44 at Bet365 Dimitry Tursunov of Russia and Beck Karol of Slovakia have faced each other once in their professional carrers. Dimitry Tursunov one that match. They are both ranked pretty closely, Beck at 133 and Tursunov a bit better, currently at 125. Tursunnov has blasted his last 8 opponents finishing all but one off in straight sets. Karol has won 6 of his last 8 matches almost as impressively. Tursunov has 7 career titles including one as recently as 2011, compared to Beck's 1 in St. Petersberg way back in 2004. It seems like Tursunov is on a role at the moment and Beck not so much. Tursunov has the experience and has proven himself capable of winning titles and Beck really hasn't shown much of that yet. Based on these factors it appears Tursunov has the upper hand and will probably win over Beck. All the Best, Bloke

Re: September 17 - September 23 Really dropping down the levels today, but fancy one in the Bangkok qualifiers: Nutthanon Kadchapanan to beat Teeradon Tortrakul. 4/6 @ Bet365 Two local teenagers playing here, but there is a three year age gap between them. Kadchapanan has made his first steps onto the futures tour this year, qualifying for a few main draws, although without too much success. Back in his junior career, he reached a couple of finals of small tournaments, winning a couple in Hong Kong and the Philippines. Tortrakul is only 16 and is yet to win a match, even at futures qualifying level. He has been playing mainly junior tournaments, but is yet to pass the quarter-finals this season, although he did have a couple of decent results late last year. Neither player is used to winning, but Kadchapanan has more experience and better results at the junior level, so I would have thought he'd be a slightly bigger favourite than he is here...

Re: September 17 - September 23 Bonjour Yesterday i have backing on BET365 Under17.5games @2 in the match with Korolev Today i want to do the same, but we have an under16.5 @1.72 (bet365) I think he gone make an second match, versus an no name with no experience and he gone win easily... So im gone wait the live for take(50€/100€) an under 3WAY with an better odds i hope but i'm gonna take too pre match the under16.5 for 330€ in Bet Max Sorry for my bad english andif i have make a mad post A bientot

Nutthanon Kadchapanan to beat Teeradon Tortrakul. 4/6 @ Bet365 :D
A nice easy win yesterday in the Bangkok qualifiers. Crazy price really. One for today: Fabio Fognini to beat Martin Klizan. 2.13 @ Pinnacle Slightly surprised by these odds. Fognini has been playing very well this week, looking decent on serve and solid with his ground-strokes. He is looking for his first career title, slightly surprisingly on the indoor hard courts, although the courts are playing incredibly slow this week. He has also improved his hard court game significantly this year. Martin Klizan played an epic against Mikhail Youzhny yesterday with the match going almost four hours. With a short turnaround, one can't help but feel that fatigue might be an issue and he called the trainer twice yesterday. He also struggled on his serve, being broken seven times, although showed good fighting qualities to hang in the match and scrap through to the final. Overall, I feel that, while it will be a close match, Fognini is the fresher of the two players and he has been playing very well this week. The slow courts seem to suit him nicely and I am happy to back him as an outsider at these odds...

Bonjour Yesterday i have backing on BET365 Under17.5games @2 in the match with Korolev Today i want to do the same, but we have an under16.5 @1.72 (bet365) I think he gone make an second match, versus an no name with no experience and he gone win easily... So im gone wait the live for take(50€/100€) an under 3WAY with an better odds i hope but i'm gonna take too pre match the under16.5 for 330€ in Bet Max Sorry for my bad english andif i have make a mad post A bientot
-430€ :/ 6-2 6-3

Re: September 17 - September 23 Back Fabio Fognini to beat Martin Klizan for a 2/10 stake at 2.02 with Pinnacle Fognini has to be the value pick here. Martin Klizan might have beaten Youzhny, but it was an epic match and, along with his run in the doubles part of the draw, it must have taken a lot of energy from him. Fognini is in a much better position and I would also rate him as the better player of the two at the moment. Should be a tight match and there might be some fairly big momentum shifts, but expect Fognini to be the fresher man and to come out as the unlikely winner of the event in St. Petersburg. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/fognini-vs-klizan-betting-fabio-fognini-can-capture-the-title-in-st-petersburg Back Andreas Seppi (+1.5 sets) to beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga for a 2/10 stake at 2.33 with Pinnacle From what I have seen, Seppi is the man on fire in Metz and I expect him to carry some of that momentum into the final match as well. What he did to Monfils was nothing short of spectacular and the manner in which he demolished Florian Mayer deserves plenty of respect as well. Tsonga is obviously still a big favourite to win in home conditions, but it would be foolish to back him at 1.23 in my opinion, given that he did have some small problems throughout the week against some much weaker players. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/seppi-vs-tsonga-betting-andreas-seppi-seems-to-be-in-a-good-position-ahead-of-the-final-match

Re: September 17 - September 23 despite this being a despicable tourny with all sorts of goings on so far I am going to assume this is gonna be "fair final" Klizan played a 3hour 48min match yesterday v Youzny which was the longest 3 set indoor match ever ! He then plays a 3 set doubles match where he did look pretty fresh. Maybe this guy is superman but if Fognini has the nous to use these circumstances to his advantage........... im gonna have a medium go at the mad italian fognini 2.12 betfair