** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

August 20 - August 25

Re: August 20 - August 25 1 pick for ATP WINSTON SALEM: BLAKE+4.5 GAMES HANDICAP OVER RODDICK @ 1.9 on bet365 In my opinion there is a simply mistake by bookmakers to place Roddick as such a favorite. Pinnaclesports started with odds of 6.1 on Blake to win this match and now PaddyPower offer 5.0 on Blake. In my opinion there is almost a 50/50 match here. Taking Blake+4.5games handicap to be on the safe side.

Re: August 20 - August 25 Back David Nalbandian to win ATP Winston-Salem for a 1/10 stake at 26.00 with Bet365 With the US Open just around the corner, I would not be surprised by the favourites under-performing in Winston-Salem and Nalbandian is a guy that can take advantage of that. He will want to get things back on track after losing to Haas twice in a row and his worst draw until the finals looks like Davydenko-Dolgopolov-Querrey-Berdych. Tough, but not 26.00 tough for me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-winston-salem-betting-david-nalbandian-could-get-the-job-done-this-week Back Timea Babos to beat Andrea Petkovic for a 1/10 stake at 2.11 with Pinnacle Petkovic is returning from an injury, so you simply do not know what to expect from her and I would not want to count Babos out even if Petkovic was fully fit. She has done a lot this year and even took a set off Kerber last week, so she can definitely beat Petkovic today, especially under these circumstances. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/babos-vs-petkovic-betting-timea-babos-to-defeat-andrea-petkovic-in-new-haven

Re: August 20 - August 25 ATP Winston Salem - Michael McClune to beat Alejandro Falla @ 5/2 BET 365 Strength (6/10) Falla is one of these guys who seems to raise his game depending on the level of opposition, and especially in Grand Slams. In tournaments like this he simply doesn't seem interested and his record on hard court over the last year or so, in these type of events, is pretty awful. It's no surprise that since Wimbledon he has reverted to type and been knocked out in the first round of his last two events. Here in Winston Salem last year he lost 6-1 6-0 to Tobias Kamke in the first round so again, you wonder whether the bookies have fallen asleep on this one. McClune is a typically solid but unspectacular American college player but he's playing well, beaten some capable guys like Sock in qualifying, and he should really beat Falla today if the Columbian turns up half-arsed again. :hope

Re: August 20 - August 25 Taking this one for now, will be back for more later on probably. Back Thomaz Bellucci to beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga for a 1/10 stake at 4.92 with Pinnacle Speculative bet, but I like it nonetheless. The two have met in the Olympics, with the match finishing 6-7 6-4 6-4 for the Frenchman, so Bellucci can definitely play a good match against him. Since the end of that event, Tsonga has only managed to lose against Chardy and to get himself injured, which is hardly great and I can see him losing today. He is not going to push himself to the limit right before the US Open, so there is always the chance that he is going to be a bit off and this price is just too good. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bellucci-vs-tsonga-betting-thomaz-bellucci-looks-overpriced-against-the-number-one-seed

Re: August 20 - August 25 1 pick for ATP WINSTON SALEM: ISNER-KLIZAN OVER 20.5 GAMES @ 1.7 on pinnaclesports Isner is injured and he missed Cincinnati last week, surely he will not try his very best just 6 days before the US Open. Klizan on the other hand is very talented youg player, has won a lot of matches this year, reaching career high ranking of 50 and has won 4 Challenger events. So, it will not be an easy win for Isner in my opinion.

Re: August 20 - August 25 One early bet on the US Open qualifying for me: Krista Hardebeck to beat Tamaryn Hendler. 2/1 @ Bet365 Krista Hardebeck has had a few decent results on the ITF circuit this year, reaching the semi-final in Indian Harbour Beach and Rancho Santa Fe, beating some decent players. She also reached the semi-final of the junior Australian Open earlier in the year, showing she is competent on a hard court. Tamaryn Hendler has struggled in making the step-up after a good end to last year. She is yet to pass the quarter-final of an ITF tournament this year and had a disappointing loss to Connie Chieh-Yu Hsu in her most recent outing. Hendler is certainly a favourite for this match, but nowhere near as big a favourite as the odds are suggesting. A small play is worth having on Hardebeck for me.

Re: August 20 - August 25 Back Ernests Gulbis to beat Kevin Anderson for a 1/10 stake at 2.34 with Pinnacle Worth having a small punt on Gulbis in my opinion. The conditions in Winston-Salem suit his game and he is apparently up for the challenge, otherwise he simply would not have bothered to go through the qualification stages. Anderson is on a 0-3 run and has not beaten anyone great recently, so no reason for having him as such a solid favourite in a match that he can easily lose. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/gulbis-vs-anderson-betting-ernests-gulbis-can-upset-kevin-anderson-in-winston-salem

Re: August 20 - August 25 US Open qualifier for me as well..... Augustin Velotti to beat Andrey Golubev @ 2/1 BET 365 Strength (5/10) Velotti definately has the capabilities to make things interesting here, especially considering the erratic nature of Golubev's game. He's very talented is Golubev but he is extremely flaky and in recent months his form has started to nose-dive a little bit, just like it did for almost the whole of last season. He's lost to average players like Klein and had battles with players ranked 500 like Adam Feeney. If he continues in that vein today then the 20 year Velotti has the game to give him problems, as he can run all day and likes to grind players down. He's been brought up on clay but his hard court form has started to improve this season and he's had some good wins on hard against useful players like Chovjka, Greg Jones, and Fabbiano, and ran the up and coming Christian Harrison close as well. It will be hot in New York and if Golubev starts getting impatient and reckless then the heat may scramble his mind even more, while the young Argentinian will feel right at home. At his best Golubev wipes the floor with this guy, but that version very rarely shows up and Velotti will figure that the longer and arduous he can make this match, the better chance he has of winning and Golubev self-destructing. :hope

Re: August 20 - August 25 A number of bets for me today: ALEXANDER DOLGOPOLOV v YEN-HSUN LU (ATP Winston-Salem, R1) - Yen-Hsun Lu +2.5 games @ 1.90 with panbet Not sure what's been up with Dolgopolov since his title in Washington but he's had some awful losses to Nikolay Davydenko and Radek Stepanek. Has this weird virus that can sap his energy for weeks on end and I wonder if that's struck. Whatever, he's still hugely inconsistent, and he's up against a mega-consistent, mechanical player in Lu who already has a match under his belt. Eased past Lukas Lacko in R1 and has always taken a set off the Ukrainian in their previous meetings. In his current form, Dolgopolov is very opposable. DENIS ISTOMIN v STEVE DARCIS (ATP Winston-Salem, R1) - Steve Darcis +3.5 games @ 1.85 with panbet Istomin line is well out for me. Both are big hitters with little finesse and again, with Darcis having cosily disposed of Xavier Malisse in R1, I think he's got a good chance against the Uzbek, who beat in 2009 (not really taking that into account as it was long ago). Darcis is very streaky, but can mix it with the best. He beat Tomas Berdych at the Olympics so he knows how to play well. I expect him to be competitive here. LUKASZ KUBOT v JULIEN BENNETEAU (ATP Winston-Salem, R1) - Julien Benneteau -2.5 games @ 1.94 with panbet I think this line is too low. Benneteau has got a wheelbarrow load of points to defend in America so I expect him to be focused. He's a very steady player on this surface: serves well, moves well and relishes the quick conditions to attack. Kubot's similar, but far more erratic. He's been hit and miss for ages now and can go for games on end serving poorly. He beat Tommy Robredo yesterday, but the Spaniard hasn't played on a hard court for ages. This is much tougher, and I fancy Benneteau, who leads the H2H, to prevail and cover the line. ALEX BOGOMOLOV JNR v TOMAS BERDYCH (ATP Winston-Salem, R1) - Alex Bogomolov Jnr +5.5 games @ 1.92 with panbet Going down the Bogomolov route again. Not really sure he'll win this match, but I expect a very competitive showing. Berdych has been messy for months now. He seems preoccupied, his desire has waned a little. He's the sort of player who could be vulnerable the week before a Slam. Bogomolov has not had an especially productive year either, but American hard courts are his best environment. I expect him to stand up to Berdych, who beat him at Wimbledon last year, and land some blows. SERGIY STAKHOVSKY v PABLO ANDUJAR (ATP Winston-Salem, R1) - Pablo Andujar +3 games AH @ 1.92 with panbet After a dreadful summer, Andujar seems like he's coming back into some form. Good wins over Matosevic and an injured Tipsarevic last week should imbue him with confidence against Stakhovsky, who has been off the boil this summer too. The Ukrainian loves to attack and I can see Andujar relishing a target - his groundies are his best weapon. Stakhovsky is not a great returner either, so Andujar's serve shouldn't be under immense pressure there on his weak spot ... can see a long match, and the plus on the more talented player appeals. :hope

Re: August 20 - August 25

One early bet on the US Open qualifying for me: Krista Hardebeck to beat Tamaryn Hendler. 2/1 @ Bet365 Krista Hardebeck has had a few decent results on the ITF circuit this year, reaching the semi-final in Indian Harbour Beach and Rancho Santa Fe, beating some decent players. She also reached the semi-final of the junior Australian Open earlier in the year, showing she is competent on a hard court. Tamaryn Hendler has struggled in making the step-up after a good end to last year. She is yet to pass the quarter-final of an ITF tournament this year and had a disappointing loss to Connie Chieh-Yu Hsu in her most recent outing. Hendler is certainly a favourite for this match, but nowhere near as big a favourite as the odds are suggesting. A small play is worth having on Hardebeck for me.
Another great shout again Dory. You are the only one on here who I take picks from without flinching. There's just a way you go about your biz that makes you different from everyone else.....and its has been so since I joined this forum. You never ever look through the same telescope with everyone else for the same popular games. great sixth eye matey!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: August 20 - August 25 Thanks Devman. A good result yesterday with Hardebeck holding her nerve to win it in a third set tiebreak. Couple that catch my fancy for today: Victor Estrella to beat Alessandro Giannessi. 1.794 @ Pinnacle I really do not understand these odds. Alessandro Giannessi has barely played on a hard court before. Above futures level, he has played two matches without winning a set. Even at futures level, he only has one final appearance to his name in over ten tournaments. Last year, he only won four games against Matteo Viola, another man who is certainly not at home on the hard stuff. While Estrella is hardly a quality player himself, he has a semi-final and a quarter-final appearance at hard court challengers already this year, as well as a title at the futures level. He will come into this tournament with high confidence after winning a title at the futures level in Bogota last week, albeit on clay, and his experience should see him through this without too many problems. Mitchell Krueger to beat Martin Alund. 5.42 @ Pinnacle Only a small play on this one, but I can't help but feel that this will be closer than the odds suggest. Martin Alund has had a good year, but he very rarely steps off his favoured clay courts. The last time he played on a hard court was way back in January, 2010, he has not won a hard court match since late 2008, and he only has two wins against players in the top 1000. In other words, he has very little hard court form. Mitchell Krueger is a young American with a promising junior record. Only 18-years old, he has reached the semi-finals of the junior Wimbledon and French Open, and won the Pan American championships last year, beating Filip Peliwo on route, who reached the final of the junior Australian and French Open and won the junior Wimbledon title. Chances are that Alund's experience will see him through, but for a player who has no hard court history of any note against a young American, I would be tempted with a small bet on Krueger here.

Re: August 20 - August 25 1 pick for ATP WINSTON SALEM: ISNER-MELZER OVER 22 GAMES @ 1.75 on pinnaclesports Similar reasoning to the yesterday bet on Klizan-isner over. Isner is injured and he missed Cincinnati last week, surely he will not try his very best just 6 days before the US Open. Should not be an easy win for Isner.

Re: August 20 - August 25 Back Jurgen Melzer to beat John Isner for a 1/10 stake at 3.97 with Pinnacle Perhaps I should stop backing Melzer, but there you go. He did beat Isner 2-0 back in February and I think that he still has what it takes to beat him. The American is coming here on the back of a strange performance against Klizan and, if he was unable to deal with Klizan's lefty serve, he is going to be in for a plenty of trouble here. Melzer's form is awful, but he might beat Isner given the circumstances. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/melzer-vs-isner-betting-jurgen-melzer-looks-value-against-john-isner Back Feliciano Lopez to beat Sam Querrey for a 1/10 stake at 3.18 with Pinnacle Querrey has had a really packed schedule recently, not stopping during the North American tour and that might catch up with him. On the other hand, Lopez needs to get some wins under his belt before the US Open and I think that he might be able to get one today. He is going to trouble Querrey with his serve, there is no question about that - and that alone is a good reason for taking him at anything above 3.00. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lopez-vs-querrey-betting-feliciano-lopez-has-what-it-takes-to-beat-the-american

Thanks Devman. A good result yesterday with Hardebeck holding her nerve to win it in a third set tiebreak. Couple that catch my fancy for today: Victor Estrella to beat Alessandro Giannessi. 1.794 @ Pinnacle I really do not understand these odds. Alessandro Giannessi has barely played on a hard court before. Above futures level, he has played two matches without winning a set. Even at futures level, he only has one final appearance to his name in over ten tournaments. Last year, he only won four games against Matteo Viola, another man who is certainly not at home on the hard stuff. While Estrella is hardly a quality player himself, he has a semi-final and a quarter-final appearance at hard court challengers already this year, as well as a title at the futures level. He will come into this tournament with high confidence after winning a title at the futures level in Bogota last week, albeit on clay, and his experience should see him through this without too many problems. Mitchell Krueger to beat Martin Alund. 5.42 @ Pinnacle Only a small play on this one, but I can't help but feel that this will be closer than the odds suggest. Martin Alund has had a good year, but he very rarely steps off his favoured clay courts. The last time he played on a hard court was way back in January, 2010, he has not won a hard court match since late 2008, and he only has two wins against players in the top 1000. In other words, he has very little hard court form. Mitchell Krueger is a young American with a promising junior record. Only 18-years old, he has reached the semi-finals of the junior Wimbledon and French Open, and won the Pan American championships last year, beating Filip Peliwo on route, who reached the final of the junior Australian and French Open and won the junior Wimbledon title. Chances are that Alund's experience will see him through, but for a player who has no hard court history of any note against a young American, I would be tempted with a small bet on Krueger here.
I really like your Krueger bet for what it is worth. Intrestingly enough Paddy power are not offering prices on the US Open Qualifiers, at least when I last looked. They have only selected two matches to offer prices on, and they are James Ward vs Tursunov and guess who? Kruger vs Alund. The thing that really catches my eye there is Kruger to win a set 6/4. So the reckoning will be that even before Alund's wealth of experience comes into play, he would most hopefully have dropped a set. I am going medium large on this!!!!

Thanks Devman. A good result yesterday with Hardebeck holding her nerve to win it in a third set tiebreak. Couple that catch my fancy for today: Victor Estrella to beat Alessandro Giannessi. 1.794 @ Pinnacle I really do not understand these odds. Alessandro Giannessi has barely played on a hard court before. Above futures level, he has played two matches without winning a set. Even at futures level, he only has one final appearance to his name in over ten tournaments. Last year, he only won four games against Matteo Viola, another man who is certainly not at home on the hard stuff. While Estrella is hardly a quality player himself, he has a semi-final and a quarter-final appearance at hard court challengers already this year, as well as a title at the futures level. He will come into this tournament with high confidence after winning a title at the futures level in Bogota last week, albeit on clay, and his experience should see him through this without too many problems. Mitchell Krueger to beat Martin Alund. 5.42 @ Pinnacle Only a small play on this one, but I can't help but feel that this will be closer than the odds suggest. Martin Alund has had a good year, but he very rarely steps off his favoured clay courts. The last time he played on a hard court was way back in January, 2010, he has not won a hard court match since late 2008, and he only has two wins against players in the top 1000. In other words, he has very little hard court form. Mitchell Krueger is a young American with a promising junior record. Only 18-years old, he has reached the semi-finals of the junior Wimbledon and French Open, and won the Pan American championships last year, beating Filip Peliwo on route, who reached the final of the junior Australian and French Open and won the junior Wimbledon title. Chances are that Alund's experience will see him through, but for a player who has no hard court history of any note against a young American, I would be tempted with a small bet on Krueger here.
All of a sudden, it almost looked like someone had infoed the bookies that they had left the back door open, and in no time willian hill cut krueger from 4's to 3's. Paddy Power were still asleep and were still on 4's for a while to 11/4. i had to go all in in the end 400 to win a set at 6/4 and 250 double with my banker konta to beat Chang. Fingers crossed!!!!!

Wow!!!!! Big thanks to you my friend!! It was a grandiose win including my selection as Konta completed the job with enough to spare. Just over 1700 in profits....certainly my best start to the US Open in years!!! Keep it up matey! Wish you some luck too along the way! Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: August 20 - August 25 WTA New Haven - Cibulkova +1.5 sets vs Wozniacki @ 1.704 (Pinnacle:3pts) Cibulkova to win a set basically. She has beaten Wozniacki in the past when she's played well and definitely has the tools to compete with her again, Cibulkova moves well and hits harder than Wozniacki so she can cause a few problems, had a slump after winning Carlsbad but has got a few decent wins here this week. Wozniacki's level is definitely not as good this year, reflected in her falling ranking, she made hard work of Arvidsson yesterday and I see no reason why Cibulkova shouldnt be competitive in this match-up.

Re: August 20 - August 25 Back Marcel Granollers to beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga for a 1/10 stake at 4.65 with Pinnacle Keeping stakes low for the entire week, going for two underdogs again - and, incidentally, against the top two seeds in Winston-Salem. I have seen Tsonga's matches and he just seems to be a bit off to me. Bellucci would have beaten him on a better day and even Stakhovsky had a chance or two. Granollers should know what to do if the same Tsonga gets on the court today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/granollers-vs-tsonga-marcel-granollers-to-end-tsonga-s-run-in-winston-salem- Back Steve Darcis to beat Tomas Berdych for a 1/10 stake at 4.60 with Pinnacle Steve Darcis has a 2-0 record against Berdych and I just think that he is underestimated here once again. He has beaten three very good players without even dropping a serve, which is much more impressive than beating two out-of-form guys in Jarkko Nieminen and Alex Bogomolov. Berdych is the obvious fav, but one that you simply cannot trust at the moment. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/darcis-vs-berdych-betting-steve-darcis-might-be-able-to-beat-berdych-for-the-third-time-in-a-row

Re: August 20 - August 25 Thanks Devman and IAG. Good result yesterday with Krueger coming through, but surprised that Estrella lost in straight sets. Unfortunately missed most of the early prices today, so sadly nothing that really catches my eye...

That's an exceptional tip Dory, well played! Devman, chill with the quotes lad, you surely dont have to quote the lad's post 3 times to address him, it's a bloody eyesore...........:lol
Ouch! Player hating??? loooks like I touched a nerve! Pls just calm down and mind your business. Perhaps when you do finally win in the way I did, your own brand of madness will be permitted. For now....sshhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: August 20 - August 25 Darcis tb Berdych 3.9@unibet! (3/10) Darcis (+1.5SET) 2.2@unibet! (6/10) ALso going against the Chech, he is in bad shape and beating players like Jarko or Jr doesn't mean anything. On the other hand Darcis playing some great tennis right now and is really capable for upset right now... And let's be real Tomas isn't that good this year, especially right now ... H2H 2-0 for Darcis so anther thing to go for it . GL! :)

Re: August 20 - August 25 I cannot believe the Sergio Guttierez-Ferol - Berrer match. Put a bet on Sergio before the match, checked it when Berrer was 6-2 5-1 and turned off the laptop in disgust at myself. Just checked the final result some four or so hours later and Guttierez-Ferol won 2-6 7-5 6-4! Flipping hell.

Re: August 20 - August 25 Just a note for the US Open - Steve Darcis looked injured from mid-way the second set and Marcel Granollers had to receive a medical treatment more than once as well. Just my luck I guess, but hopefully this knowledge can be used later on. Granollers will be up against Kudla, Darcis will be up against Jaziri - might be worth taking some of the early prices if they are good enough, will be on the lookout.

Re: August 20 - August 25 Just can't see Querrey - Berdych line under ... Querrey playing very tough schedule lately and you be sure that he's a little bit tired at the moment, perhaps he's on some steroids :D But tbh i really can't see berdych breaking him here today. But the line will be 23.5, so it's crazy to go for over, because on the one hand we have tired player and on the other we have mentaly very poor player, who can cry over after Sam hits him with huge power and afterwards will lose his serve with DF or unforced error. I always said that Berdych never be better player than he's because of his mentality. ... maybe go for a home boy victory .... but how much he has in the tank? any thoughts!?

Re: August 20 - August 25 Too many unknowns in the Berdych-Querrey match, best left alone I would say. Back Caroline Wozniacki to beat Maria Kirilenko for a 2/10 stake at 1.74 with Pinnacle Just one to end the poor week. Caroline Wozniacki has just won her twentieth match in a row in New Haven and I think that she will have enough to beat Kirilenko, who is 0-5 against her, as well. The conditions are perfect for her, not giving the attacking players enough pace to build on and allowing her to chase everything down. Would have her around 1.55 here in all honesty. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wozniacki-vs-kirilenko-betting-caroline-wozniacki-to-defeat-maria-kirilenko-for-the-sixth-time

I cannot believe the Sergio Guttierez-Ferol - Berrer match. Put a bet on Sergio before the match' date=' checked it when Berrer was 6-2 5-1 and turned off the laptop in disgust at myself. Just checked the final result some four or so hours later and Guttierez-Ferol won 2-6 7-5 6-4! Flipping hell.[/quote'] Berrer is such a notorious choker he would probably earn more money if he would go into porn. Also one of the least intelligent players on tour, saw some of his matches and the guy makes such poor decisions and errors of judgement you have to ask yourself what's this guy's IQ. Even so to lose the match from 6-2 and 5-1 is an noteworthy performance, you rarely see this even on the WTA Tour