** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Championship > Midweek > 21st and 22nd August

staffy

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 21 August 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Brighton & Hove Albion v Cardiff City (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.38 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.87 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Bristol City v Crystal Palace (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.38 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Charlton Athletic v Leicester City (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Huddersfield Town v Nottingham Forest (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.76 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Middlesbrough v Burnley (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.70 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Peterborough United v Millwall (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.7 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.54 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sheffield Wednesday v Birmingham City (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.22 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Watford v Ipswich Town (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.27 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Wolverhampton Wanderers v Barnsley (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.66 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.70 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Blackpool v Leeds United (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.37 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.82 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Bolton Wanderers v Derby County (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.72 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.72 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 22 August 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Blackburn Rovers v Hull City (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.33 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.87 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Championship > Midweek > 21st and 22nd August birminghams extra quality in defence and attack made their to win odds look gud value I dont they will be so gifting to swfc in defence as derby were on staurday. Id rate swfc a bottom half team and birmingham had an excellent away record v bottom half teams last season.

Re: Championship > Midweek > 21st and 22nd August After going to watch Palace on Saturday it looks like it could be another season of boring defensive football ,Speroni(keeper) was at fault for 2 of there goals but on the other hand we scored a pen and Garvan who is really slow somehow managed to walk through the middle of the box and score a nice goal.Watford were poor but we were worse overall. We played with 4 at the back, 4 defensive midfielders, 1 up front the lone striker and 1 Zaha playing either out wide or up front and created very little, 4 shots on target 1 of which was a penalty in 90 minutes of football at home.We do have a few out injured Murray,Williams and McCarthy who would normally be in the first 11. We lost 3 good players in Clyne,Ambrose and Scannell none of them has been replaced. If its the same line up against Bristol City then with home advantage Bristol look good at 6/4ish. Just to say Watford were poor but Palace were just worse, neither team looked good.

Watford has made the best player changes and also won away with 3 goals scored. Ipswich traditionally better at home than away. HW @2,25?
I wouldn't say Ipswich are traditionally better at home. It's merely a case that over the last few seasons they have been marginally better at home, as you'd expect, because most sides will generally pick up more points at home than away. Although Ipswich haven't beaten Watford since 2004, and they did show great spirit to come back from 2-1 down in the last ten minutes against palace.

Re: Championship > Midweek > 21st and 22nd August Middlesborough v Burnley +0.5 @ 1.850 Bet365 (3 points) Plenty of people have been tipping Boro as outsiders for promotion this year and they do have a good squad. They've just loaned josh mceachran from Chelsea and he should be a very good addition. They did however get off to a bad start onSaturday against relegation contenders Barnsley, losing 1-0. Burnley on the other hand got off to a great start with a 2-0 home win against local rivals and promotion favourites Bolton. I've had a small ante post punt on Burnley to be promoted and in Charlie Austin, Martin Paterson and Sam Vokes, they have strikers who can score goals. Away from home this will be a much tougher task at the Riverside though. Mowbray will be desperate to get off the mark and get points on board but Burnleys defence looked solid on the weekend with new signing Jason Shackell doing well. I think they are capable of frustrating Boro here and like the chances of the Clarets coming away with at least a point. The +0.5 handicap looks very fair and I will be siding with Burnley.

Re: Championship > Midweek > 21st and 22nd August Have done a bit of studying and tumbled across an interesting stat! 5 of the last 6 matches between Watford and Ipswich where Watford have been the hosts, has produced the same scoreline (2-1)! The last 4 times this fixture has arisen the scoreline has been 2-1. The morale in the Watford camp must be of a happy one after their emphatic victory at Palace scoring twice in the dying minutes to snatch the victory of their opponents. It is bound to have done their confidence a world of good and they will be going into this fixture thinking they they have a very good chance to make it 2/2. Watford have not been beaten by Ipswich home or away since 2004 and have won 11 of their past 14 meetings. Zola has made some shrewd signings and has brought in some very attack minded players over the summer since taking the realm. If they manage to keep it tight at the back then there's no reason why can't go home with 3 points tonight. Watford to win 6/5 with bet365 Watford to win 2-1 8/1 with bet365 Be lucky :ok

Re: Championship > Midweek > 21st and 22nd August Bristol City -0.25 (AH) v Crystal Palace @ 1.95 Bet365 (3 points) ​Unfortunately I can see both of these sides struggling this year and being down near the bottom. Palace have lost some key players with Ambrose, Scannell and Clyne being big losses and difficult to replace. For the time being they have kept hold of Zaha who has the trickery to unlock defences without being a massive goal scorer himself. Tonight they should be boosted by the return of Glenn Murray which is a big plus but captain Paddy Mcarthy is. Still out which is a big concern. They shipped in 3 goals at home in their last match and unless they improve defensively, they will be in big trouble. Bristol also got off to a losing start away at Forest but it seems they had plenty of chances in the match and they were slightly unfortunate not to come away with a point. They have also been having a mini crisis with the lack of striker options but they have just signed Davies from Derby who will go straight into their squad. He's the type of poacher who should help them to take the chances they create. With the home advantage and boosted by a new striker, I think City have the edge here against a depleted Palace side who are without their captain and best defenderMcarthy. It's a Bristol win for me with half stakes refunded in the event of the draw.

Re: League 1 > 21st August Wolves @ 8/13 - Bet365 New to the forum so hopefully I've got this right . ;) The new football season has got me hooked again. I like to focus on doubles and the weekends double on Leicester and MK Dons was a nice way to start. Moving onto tonight's game's I'm unfortunately doing what no fan likes to do and suggesting backing against my club (Barnsley). Although Barnsley managed to win at home against Middlesboro, I think they'll really struggle tonight. We're not known for being good travellers and I can see Wolves desperate to get off the mark having lost on Saturday to Leeds. History is also with Wolves (according to bbc). - Wolves are on the look-out for a seventh successive home league victory over Barnsley. - Barnsley have not won at Molineux since October 1991. - Since then the Tykes have picked up five points from a possible 36 at the Black Country club, and have scored only one goal in total from their six most recent trips. - The Tykes have not registered successive victories at the start of a league season since 1996. - Keith Hill's side, last season, took just two points off the relegated trio from the previous campaign.

Re: Championship > Midweek > 21st and 22nd August

Middlesborough v Burnley +0.5 @ 1.850 Bet365 (3 points) Plenty of people have been tipping Boro as outsiders for promotion this year and they do have a good squad. They've just loaned josh mceachran from Chelsea and he should be a very good addition. They did however get off to a bad start onSaturday against relegation contenders Barnsley, losing 1-0. Burnley on the other hand got off to a great start with a 2-0 home win against local rivals and promotion favourites Bolton. I've had a small ante post punt on Burnley to be promoted and in Charlie Austin, Martin Paterson and Sam Vokes, they have strikers who can score goals. Away from home this will be a much tougher task at the Riverside though. Mowbray will be desperate to get off the mark and get points on board but Burnleys defence looked solid on the weekend with new signing Jason Shackell doing well. I think they are capable of frustrating Boro here and like the chances of the Clarets coming away with at least a point. The +0.5 handicap looks very fair and I will be siding with Burnley.
just on the sam vokes part, he is awful. will not get more than 10 goals in any season, if austin or paterson get any serious injures they are screwed

Re: Championship > Midweek > 21st and 22nd August Tipster: staffy Sport: Football Event: Championship Match Wolves v Barnsley Selection Wolves Strength 10/10 Date 21/08/2012 Bookmaker/Price Betfred @ 1.66 Reasoning Wolves will be looking to get automatic promotion this year the only way this is going to happen is if they win their home games. In such a competitive division it is so important for the likes of Wolves to win at home. Wolves have better quality than Barnsley and see then winning this comfortably. (word or warning. I am minus 20 points for the season so follow at your own risk).

Middlesborough v Burnley +0.5 @ 1.850 Bet365 (3 points) Plenty of people have been tipping Boro as outsiders for promotion this year and they do have a good squad. They've just loaned josh mceachran from Chelsea and he should be a very good addition. They did however get off to a bad start onSaturday against relegation contenders Barnsley, losing 1-0. Burnley on the other hand got off to a great start with a 2-0 home win against local rivals and promotion favourites Bolton. I've had a small ante post punt on Burnley to be promoted and in Charlie Austin, Martin Paterson and Sam Vokes, they have strikers who can score goals. Away from home this will be a much tougher task at the Riverside though. Mowbray will be desperate to get off the mark and get points on board but Burnleys defence looked solid on the weekend with new signing Jason Shackell doing well. I think they are capable of frustrating Boro here and like the chances of the Clarets coming away with at least a point. The +0.5 handicap looks very fair and I will be siding with Burnley.
Burnley finished last season stronger than Boro, and Burnley's recent away form has been better than Boro's recent home form so at long odds, I think Burnley look good value here (arguably, they should be favourites).

Re: Championship > Midweek > 21st and 22nd August Sheff Wed v Birmingham +0.25 (AH) @ 1.70 VCbet (5 points) Dave Jones continued his undefeated record with the Owls on Saturday with a decent 2-2 draw at Derby on the weekend. I think tonight will be his toughest test though and I can't see the Blues losing this one. They have got a very solid defence and I think Wednesday will struggle to break them down. Lee Clark has some good options in attack with Zigic coming off the bench and scoring on Saturday so he could be pushing for a start alongside King or Lovenkrands. Wednesday have the home advantage and should be full of confidence but I wouldn't make them favourites for this against a good Birmingham side and that's where I see a bit of slight value tonight.

Have done a bit of studying and tumbled across an interesting stat! 5 of the last 6 matches between Watford and Ipswich where Watford have been the hosts, has produced the same scoreline (2-1)! The last 4 times this fixture has arisen the scoreline has been 2-1. The morale in the Watford camp must be of a happy one after their emphatic victory at Palace scoring twice in the dying minutes to snatch the victory of their opponents. It is bound to have done their confidence a world of good and they will be going into this fixture thinking they they have a very good chance to make it 2/2. Watford have not been beaten by Ipswich home or away since 2004 and have won 11 of their past 14 meetings. Zola has made some shrewd signings and has brought in some very attack minded players over the summer since taking the realm. If they manage to keep it tight at the back then there's no reason why can't go home with 3 points tonight. Watford to win 6/5 with bet365 Watford to win 2-1 8/1 with bet365 Be lucky :ok
thanks, youve convinced me to lay 2-1

Wolves v Barnsley +0.5 @ 2.35 - BET365. Going to oppose wolves here, as I don't think that at this stage of the season they are that far apart from Barnsley. Wolves are obviously being priced up At such a short price because they have only recently been relegated, and Barnsley so long because they struggled last season, and are relegation favourites currently. However, wolves are probably in a bit of a transitional state, have lost a few key players, and have a new unproven manager at the helm. Barnsley had a good win against Boro at the weekend, and fully deserved the three points. Bottom line is I don't like short priced favourites in this league, given current circumstances, and the fact this is only the start of the season, I can't have wolves as big big favourites here.

Re: Championship > Midweek > 21st and 22nd August I fancy my team to surprise a few this season. Having been up against Lee Clarke's style of play in the past few seasons and looking at the results and performances this new manager is having with his team, I fancy Wednesday to cause Birmingham some problems at home tonight. Wednesday can score from all areas of the pitch with Defenders, wingers and strikers all having their own individual goal threats. We have scored 6 goals in two away games and I don't see us shrinking in the face of Birmingham tonight. Personally I've taken O'Grady (2.5), Michail Antonio (4.33) and Llera (8.00) to score anytime. Sheff Wed to win either half is 1.75 which looks to be better value than the outright win for those doubting the squad Wednesday have put together. Should be interesting and a good test.

Re: Championship > Midweek > 21st and 22nd August Blackpool v Leeds +0.5 (AH) @ 1.80 Bet365 (3 points) One final punt for me tonight as Leeds have drifted enough to make them appealing for me. Holloway carried on with his excellent work at the weekend with a good 2-0 away win. He is talking about rotating a few players tonight though and matt Phillips could be left out again due to him wanting a transfer. I like the look of Leeds' first team but I think they are definitely lacking depth in the squad. Paul Green is out tonight which is a loss for them but him aside they should have all players available. Both of these sides should be challenging for promotion this season and this should be a good game. I think there is plenty of value with Leeds on a +0.5 handicap though. If Blackpool, turn it on they could dominate Leeds tonight but they are too short in my opinion and I would prefer to be siding with the whites on the handicap.

Wolves v Barnsley +0.5 @ 2.35 - BET365. Going to oppose wolves here, as I don't think that at this stage of the season they are that far apart from Barnsley. Wolves are obviously being priced up At such a short price because they have only recently been relegated, and Barnsley so long because they struggled last season, and are relegation favourites currently. However, wolves are probably in a bit of a transitional state, have lost a few key players, and have a new unproven manager at the helm. Barnsley had a good win against Boro at the weekend, and fully deserved the three points. Bottom line is I don't like short priced favourites in this league, given current circumstances, and the fact this is only the start of the season, I can't have wolves as big big favourites here.
Lost 3-1. Maybe it was too much for Barnsley as they couldn't build on their performance against boro.

I fancy my team to surprise a few this season. Having been up against Lee Clarke's style of play in the past few seasons and looking at the results and performances this new manager is having with his team, I fancy Wednesday to cause Birmingham some problems at home tonight. Wednesday can score from all areas of the pitch with Defenders, wingers and strikers all having their own individual goal threats. We have scored 6 goals in two away games and I don't see us shrinking in the face of Birmingham tonight. Personally I've taken O'Grady (2.5), Michail Antonio (4.33) and Llera (8.00) to score anytime. Sheff Wed to win either half is 1.75 which looks to be better value than the outright win for those doubting the squad Wednesday have put together. Should be interesting and a good test.
Looks like I picked the wrong centre half, winger and striker tonight lol but it proves my theory that we have goals in all areas of the pitch and we will not be rolled over too much at home this season. Bring on Millwall on Saturday!

Blackburn v hull under 2.5 goals @ 1.8 - StanJames. Hull are generally speaking historically over the last season a bit of an unders side. Steve Bruce is set to change their attacking philosophy tonight, so I expect them to line up with five across the park, with a slightly more defensive lineup. I also think there will be a lot of pressure on Blackburn tonight, and there will undoubtedly be a lot of nerves. The blackburn fans have never been a fan of Steve kean, and I'd rather see them rack up a few wins under him in the championship before I part with any money backing them. They clearly have the players good enough to get back into the premier league, but for me they need to prove they can compete at this reduced level, and demonstrate they have the resolve to deal with everything the championship throws at them. So I can see them playing a little more cautiously, playing for a tight win. Because right now they just need the three points on the board.