** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

something strange at boyle poker room

polo321

playing heads up 2/4 no limit for about 15 minutes when i am dealt 99 i rise 4x the villian sits there letting the clock run down with about 3 sec left goes all in i instant call turns over 77 flop blank turn blank here is were gets serious dodgy the river card never appears for about five seconds i knew i was ****** just gotta felling it was searching for the other seven and wouldnt you belive it up pops the seven of diamonds now i don't mine taking a beat its part and parcel of the game but when you know before the card is laid on the table that you are beat there is something serious sick with online poker i dont know what they have to gain but this **** is just wrong and cannot be justfied by the variance arguement

Re: something strange at boyle poker room

playing heads up 2/4 no limit the river card never appears for about five seconds i knew i was ****** just gotta felling it was searching for the other seven
Given the speed of modern computers, why would it take 5 seconds to search for the other seven?

Re: something strange at boyle poker room i didn't time it was only a guesstimate but there was noticeable time lag between the turn been dealt and the river why? why not deal the river at the same speed as the turn or why the time lag on that hand and no other look at the odds at the hitting that seven seriously man you cant be that naive you siting there with a couple hundred dollars in the pot waiting for the river knowing your gonna get ****** is not nice feeling how many times online have you been beaten by the miracle river that one outta that makes your jaw drop with amazement as i said their something sick with online poker

Re: something strange at boyle poker room he does have a point and has been mentioned many times about the river lag,and you know most of the time you know its the miracle card that is going to hit, coincidence or not you will always get the conspiracy theories, and its not just I-Poker, Micro-gaming has the same effect

why not deal the river at the same speed as the turn or why the time lag on that hand and no other
I don't know. What do you think? Do you believe that this is deliberate, or a fault of the programme? Either way, why can't the final card be dealt at the same speed?

there is something serious sick with online poker
Pokers a sick game you have to take the rough with the smooth
i dont know what they have to gain
Nothing nothing nothing did i say nothing, i have been in games and the same thing has happened, i have even watched people and they have said to me "did you see the timelag on that last card" where at my end everything seem to run smoothly so it is just probably a connection issue and you were just on the end of a bad beat.

I don't know. What do you think? Do you believe that this is deliberate, or a fault of the programme? Either way, why can't the final card be dealt at the same speed?
it would be impossible to prove that it was deliberate or that i was set up in some way as for the fault of software that it favours one player over another i cant really see the point in that for surly the rake would be the same no matter who won but yet these miracle outs still keep coming it would be herculean task to prove a site was up to something dodgy you would have gather millions upon millions of hand histories and do statiscal anayalis compare odds of each winning hand against the true odds and the compile these results into overveiw and the they differ from the expected variance yet this could be sites incentive to something dodgy for how could you prove they are cheating impossible as footnote why are they based in channel islands free from government regulations and standards they claim they fall under the jurdistion of channel island gambling commission which as much bite as fly with a toothache

as footnote why are they based in channel islands free from government regulations and standards they claim they fall under the jurdistion of channel island gambling commission which as much bite as fly with a toothache
This is something that continues to amaze me. Surely there must be revenue in ensuring that any online gambling business wishing to operate in the U.K must have some sort of U.K license. It would also protect the punter as certain guidelines would have to be upheld to operate here, unlike at the moment were anything seems to go. As for Ipoker, I have a theory.... but as I do ok there I am keeping it a secret!

The Channel Islands are part of the UK' date=' as is the Isle of Man (home for PokerStars). I always assumed that they were based there for tax reasons.[/quote'] Afraid not the channel islands have there own rules and regulations that have nothing to do with mainland UK law that is why so many sites go there here is the link http://www.gamblingcontrol.org/legislation.php

Re: something strange at boyle poker room They may have different gambling laws on the CI, but if they were operating frauduently they could be prosecuted by HM Government. Whatever the reasons for gambling sites choosing to locate offshore, it isn't so that they can run a scam.

Re: something strange at boyle poker room Presumably because there's less red tape. If they were breaking the law (for instance, by deliberately defrauding their customers) they could be arrested and tried in a British court. FullTilt were operating from the Cayman Islands (low tax), but they were closed down and had their assets frozen by the FBI in the USA, and they were not doing anything criminal.

Re: something strange at boyle poker room JUST FINISH PLAYING ON BOYLE SITE AGAIN LOST IT ALL AGAIN KK V 33 FLOP K33 BRICK BRICK JESUS WILL I EVER GET SENSE AND STAY AWAY FROM FLEA RIDDEN ****HOLE OF A SITE I MIGHT TAKE UP KNITTING OR GOING FOR LONG COUNTRY WALKS THESE *******S DESERVE TO BURN IN HELL FOR WHAT THEY DOING TO GAME OF POKER