Ligue 2> 27/28/30 July

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Friday 27 July 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]AJ Auxerre v Nîmes Olympique (19:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.18 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Angers SCO v CS Sedan Ardennes (19:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.15[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.22 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Chamois Niortais v Clermont Foot (19:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.20 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Dijon FCO v En Avant Guingamp (19:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.39 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]FC Nantes v Istres (19:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.87[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.63 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Gazelec Ajaccio v SM Caen (19:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.88[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.02 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]LB Châteauroux v Stade Lavallois (19:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Le Havre AC v AC Arles-Avignon (19:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.56 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Saturday 28 July 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]RC Lens v Le Mans FC (13:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.27 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Monday 30 July 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]AS Monaco v Tours (19:20 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.70 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Ligue 2> 27/28/30 July Very glad for the beginning of the L2 Surprises should and can be around the corner, but why should happen on the game i choose? I am very confident of home win of Monaco, Auxerre. Quite confident of Nantes and Gjion. The first 2 (auxerre monaco) have 2 very strong formation and Monaco has Ranieri for coach. Their aim is clear, to gain promotion, and i think that they cannot fail , so a strong start at home against a team that i suppose have salvation as main objective, is needed. The thing that can happen is over perform of Istres dued the rival they are facing, it is very oftne happening that when a lower team play against a important ones, strength and willingnness are very high and this can produce strange result.I hope this will be not the case. Same approach for auxerre, they have just sell an important player but they do have an important squad to choose from Also Djion it seems they have mantained the same squad of last year; but Guingamp is not bad at all. Nantes i think has avery talented offensive repart, indeed not so good in defense.but they are usually very strong at home, and i think they want to clicnh promotion this year as well. Info frm insighter people are very very welcome !! GL to your bets!

Re: Ligue 2> 27/28/30 July Well, it's back. I'll be honest - Ligue 2 has snuck up on me. But I'm game for the challenge, and have a few bets on the shortlist for game-week one. In terms of how I expect the season to pan out ... well, this league is almost unfathomable. Who would have thought Reims and Troyes would have been promoted last year? By the same token, nobody expected Metz to go down. It's almost folly to start making brash suggestions for the season ahead. Monaco are favourites for the title. Righly so, in my opinion. They have a world-class coach in Ranieri and they've signed big over the summer. Players like Bajrami, Poulsen, Ndinga and Ribas are far too good for this league. I fully expect them to be promoted, and probably as champions. Who will join them? Hard to say, but Nantes and Le Havre, as always, look strong on paper. Nantes have lured Der Zakarian back to the club, who performed so well at Clermont. They have signed wisely and look dangerous. Le Havre escaped relegation by the skin of their teeth but Nouri, a defensive midfielder, and Malfleury, a promising striker, supplement a decent side. They have a new stadium and, for the moment, still have Mendes in attack. I expect them to be on the premises, along with Auxerre and Caen, who came down from Ligue 1 last year and have fairly solid teams. There are, of course, always dark horses. Sedan, so often the bridesmaid but not the bride, have lost Fauvergue, Lemoigne and Valdivia, but have brought in Marcq and Bellaid to add some steel. Whether it'll be enough, we shall see, but they'll be in contention. I also think Tholot has made some shrewd acquisitions at Chateauroux, with Jeannot, a promising striker from Nancy, coming in, while Tainmont, Nestor and De Freitas are all handy at this level. Don't discount them. Guingamp could be lively outsiders too, with a bigger budget and a year of consolidation behind them. Dijon, too, have kept the core of their side and have Jovial and Thil, two recognised goalscorers at this level. It's hard to work out the three teams who have come up from National. GFC Ajaccio are unknowns to me, while Niort have overhauled their side since coming up. Nimes have made an eyecatching signing in Stephane Dalmat, but whether he's got the legs and stamina for L2 remains to be seen. I expect Laval and Tours to struggle as many of their players have moved on, while Lens, despite all their off-field woes, have a solid side on paper. Probably not enough to get promoted, but I don't expect them to be fighting the drop like last season. As I said before, this is a challenging league, so I won't make bold predictions and just take things week by week. Bonne chance pour la saison :ok

Re: Ligue 2> 27/28/30 July Three bets so far for opening night in L2. Certainly no 'NAPS' as it'd be folly to go big when so much is in up in the air. There's the potential for me to take more today but will need markets to move. - Chateauroux -0.25AH v Laval (Stade Gaston Petit) @ 1.91 with 188bet La Berri have recruited wisely. In particular, the arrival of Jeannot gives them a live goal threat. Only full-back Neves is missing from their strongest side. I like the look of their midfield - plenty of creativity with Orinel and pace with Tainmont and Beauvue on flanks. Not convinced Laval will be strong this season. They've lost a number of stalwarts such as Levrat and Signorino, and there's no Ewolo or Badiane tonight. Traditionally better at home than on the road. Chateauroux also have advantage of plastic pitch. For me, good value bet with half draw cover. - Le Havre -0.5AH v Arles-Avignon (Stade Oceanie) @ 2.02 with 188bet They almost went down last season but I expect much better from Le Havre this time round. It's opening night at their new stadium so I expect a different, carnival-like atmosphere. Nouri will add a bit more bite in midfield although Malfleury, top scorer in National last season, is injured. They still have Mendy, Mendes and Bonnet in their side so plenty of ability. Arles are a hard team to gauge. They finished last season with a flourish, losing only once in 2012, but a lot of the players were on loan and have left. I don't think they'll spoil the party tonight. - Nantes -0.5AH v Istres (Stade de la Beaujoire) @ 1.91 with 188bet FCNA were another underachiever last year. Subsequently they've lured Der Zakarian back from Clermont as manager and have a good mix of youth (Trebel, Veretout), experience (Veigneau, Riou, Bessat) and goals (Djordjevic, Bangoura). I like the look of them this year and I expect them to be at the top end of the league. While Nantes failed to meet expectations last term, Istres were on the periphery of the promotion spots. This campaign will be tougher; Nouri has left, Fettouhi is at the Olympics, and a number of experienced players have gone to GFC Ajaccio. They look light in defence and midfield and I reckon they'll be beaten tonight. :hope

Re: Ligue 2> 27/28/30 July

Very glad for the beginning of the L2 Surprises should and can be around the corner, but why should happen on the game i choose? I am very confident of home win of Monaco, Auxerre. Quite confident of Nantes and Gjion. The first 2 (auxerre monaco) have 2 very strong formation and Monaco has Ranieri for coach. Their aim is clear, to gain promotion, and i think that they cannot fail , so a strong start at home against a team that i suppose have salvation as main objective, is needed. The thing that can happen is over perform of Istres dued the rival they are facing, it is very oftne happening that when a lower team play against a important ones, strength and willingnness are very high and this can produce strange result.I hope this will be not the case. Same approach for auxerre, they have just sell an important player but they do have an important squad to choose from
Keep in mind that Auxerre is in financial crisis and in addition they will also play at empty stadium tonight (and next game). On the other hand, Nimes had very good results in friendlies before the start of the season, 4-1-0 (2:2 against Marseill and 1:0 against Toulouse). Yup, home team played Ligue 1 last season (now in Ligue2 after 32 years) and away side is promoted from 3rd league but be careful.

Re: Ligue 2> 27/28/30 July Yes McNasara, in effect, it is better to skip Auxerre, they are playing in closed door, I think only for this match, it seems that they have received a discount. I like a lot Nantes, and i like the preview from Atko, so i will play Nantes and Monaco on single, not to hard stake, because it is the beginning of the campionship and you never know. I expect avery packed stadium at nantes tonight, Bangoura, Djordjevic, Veretout are very good players . Monaco no need o f explanation, let's hope. I find also value in Dijion, I see them having avery good squad, and I am reading that opposition has some missings !! thanks for your advice

Re: Ligue 2> 27/28/30 July Favorites to win the first game in Ligue 1 (odds under evens) during the past four seasons are 7-7-8. Underdogs with odds between 2.5 and 3.99 are 6-6-4 in that period. Ligue 1 is a total crapshoot, year after year. When playing underdogs in this league, it is best to find high-priced draws, but they're rare; the bookmakers are no idiots. Draws are typically set at just over evens...tells you something. For today I am taking singles on the four biggest underdogs to win: Istres, Arles, Nimes, Guingamp. One upset win and I profit.

Re: Ligue 2> 27/28/30 July Dijon vs Guingamp Dijon are likely to go into this game without midfield duo Younousse Sankhare and Bennard Kumordzi. The former is reportedly close to joining Ligue 1 Nancy while the latter is having issues with the club. Guingamp are at full strength, and their side will have a familiar look to it. The only summer signing they made that’s likely to win a place in their initial line-up is right-back Jonathan Martins Pereira. guinamp 0/0.5 @ 2.06

Re: Ligue 2> 27/28/30 July Hi guys, hope everyone is well! I have never known such an early start to a ligue 2 season! especially following a major international tournament. Really this is far too early and I sense it is a dangerous time for us punters, especially big favourite backers. I will take some time for all the teams to settle down and for all transfers to be decided. Ligue 2 is a very unpredictable ligue although finally it looks as if there will be a true powerhouse team again. Monaco should absolutely cakewalk this division, their sqaud would probably get into the top 10 of ligue 1! For now though my advice is to be cautious and any bets to be quite low in stake. A lot of teams look evenly matched on paper and maybe we need to take a look and see how they are doing first. I will neverthless take a couple of bets tonight :- Angers -0.25 @ 2.0 (3/10) Sedan have done well in the last few seasons but always seem to miss out on getting promoted. I think during this summer though that they have lost quite a few important players and the squad looks a little bit light in some areas. The biggest departure is striker Nicolas Fauvergue who has scored a lot of goals for them in the last couple of years. I’ve never rated their manager Guyot much and I think most of what Sedan have achieved n the last few years has been down to Landry Chauvin (who moved to Nantes and now at Brest). Angers are a solid team and despite the loss of Gaetan Charbonnier to Montpellier they should still hold their own in this division. I don’t like the look of Sedan’s friendly results and they have only won 1 of 6 and failed to keep a clean sheet in any. I heard that Angers performed well against VA and Brest, both Ligue 1 opposition and seem to have more momentum heading into the season. I’ll take a small bet on the hosts -0.25 here. GFCO Ajaccio -0.25 (4/10) GFCO proved last season that they more than capable of holding their own against good sides, their Coupe de France run proved that last season. They are a solid team and naturally like most Corsicans sides are strong at home. I expect most of their points to be picked up in front of their own fans this season. This is not a good opening day fixture for relegated Caen, they would have preferred an easier match than this. I feel they will struggle to adapt to ligue 2 against and have lost most of their best players. The squad was a poor one anyway and they also have a new manager for the first time in nearly 10 years. Overall I like the home side’s chance of winning tonight and delivering a performance, -0.25 looks like a nice line to have a bet on. Best of luck everyone! :ok

Re: Ligue 2> 27/28/30 July [TABLE=width: 468] [TR=bgcolor: #333333] [TD=class: title, colspan: 4]France - Ligue 2[/TD] [/TR] [TR=bgcolor: #333333] [TD=class: match-light, width: 45] 23:00[/TD] [TD=class: match-light, width: 423, colspan: 3, align: right]July 27 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=bgcolor: #cfcfcf] [TD=width: 45] FT[/TD] [TD=width: 186, align: right]Angers[/TD] [TD=width: 51, align: center]1 - 0[/TD] [TD=width: 186]Sedan[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=bgcolor: #dfdfdf] [TD=width: 45] FT[/TD] [TD=width: 186, align: right]Auxerre[/TD] [TD=width: 51, align: center]2 - 0[/TD] [TD=width: 186]Nimes[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=bgcolor: #cfcfcf] [TD=width: 45] FT[/TD] [TD=width: 186, align: right]Chateauroux[/TD] [TD=width: 51, align: center]1 - 1[/TD] [TD=width: 186]Laval[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=bgcolor: #dfdfdf] [TD=width: 45] FT[/TD] [TD=width: 186, align: right]Dijon[/TD] [TD=width: 51, align: center]1 - 0[/TD] [TD=width: 186]Guingamp[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=bgcolor: #cfcfcf] [TD=width: 45] FT[/TD] [TD=width: 186, align: right]GFCO Ajaccio[/TD] [TD=width: 51, align: center]0 - 0[/TD] [TD=width: 186]Caen[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=bgcolor: #dfdfdf] [TD=width: 45] FT[/TD] [TD=width: 186, align: right]Le Havre[/TD] [TD=width: 51, align: center]1 - 2[/TD] [TD=width: 186]Arles-Avignon[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=bgcolor: #cfcfcf] [TD=width: 45] FT[/TD] [TD=width: 186, align: right]Nantes[/TD] [TD=width: 51, align: center]1 - 1[/TD] [TD=width: 186]Istres[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=bgcolor: #dfdfdf] [TD=width: 45] FT[/TD] [TD=width: 186, align: right]Niort[/TD] [TD=width: 51, align: center]1 - 1[/TD] [TD=width: 186]Clermont Foot[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Just the usual Ligue 2 night then. 3 goals scored at HT, only one over 2.5 in 8 matches and a fair few late goals. I end up in profit by +1 unit. The seasonal lottery has begun......:)

Re: Ligue 2> 27/28/30 July very unlucky for me the goal of Nantes, however I am happy of my method , study will always pay at the end, I have jusst to follow more my sensation and bet on what the analysys that i make lead me to bet, but no problem. I shoul have charged more on Dijion i suppose they have a great team, and this year L2 will be fascinating for promotion, I see a very hard battle for second and third place between at least 5 teams (dijion, auxerre, caen,nantes, guingamp and or chateroux ...). I just would like to know where i can find stats of match for l2, on soccerway there aren't stats for this league (i mean possession, shots, corner) Keep up the good work!! I will try to study lens but i will be not able to bet on, because my local open at 16 o clock !!!

I just would like to know where i can find stats of match for l2' date=' on soccerway there aren't stats for this league (i mean possession, shots, corner) Keep up the good work!![/quote'] Yes, I second that, if anyone's got any useful links for Ligue 2 it would be much appreciated. Some good insight and info on this thread and looking forward to seeing how this division progesses over the comming weeks.

Re: Ligue 2> 27/28/30 July Monaco were very impressive last night. Once they got their noses in front, they blew Tours out of the water. Yannick Ferreira Carrasco was particularly impressive on the left hand side of midfield. Worryingly for the rest of the league, Sebastian Ribas, Elvin Bajrami, Delvin Ndinga and Jakub Poulsen were all out of the starting XI :loon Especially at home, they are going to be a real force, and will probably blow most teams away. I'd like to see how they deal with cold winter trips to Laval and Guingamp before I back them heavily on the road though.

Re: Ligue 2> 27/28/30 July Le Havre should have won against Arles, far too many chances to make it 2-0, but in the end they lost 1-2! Le Havre will travel to Guingamp and most likely will come back empty-handed! Back Guingamp @ 2.00 Bet365 Arles will now host Lens who gave away a 2-0 lead to cash strapped Le Mans! Back Arles @ 2.37 Bet365 And stay away from Laval - Monaco! But if you must back a surprise win by Laval rather than Monaco !

Especially at home' date=' they are going to be a real force, and will probably blow most teams away. I'd like to see how they deal with cold winter trips to Laval and Guingamp before I back them heavily on the road though.[/quote'] I am anticipating poor away performances from Monaco.