QPR v Swansea Saturday 18th August 2012

• 2 weeks later...

Re: QPR v Swansea Saturday 18th August 2012 IMO i think the value in this match is on QPR. Swansea have a new coach in Laudrup and i can see them tarting the season slowly and adjusting the way they play after the departure of Brendan Rodgers. Although QPR's home form was poor in the first half of last season, they managed to do a lot better in the second half of the campaign and beat some top teams at Loftus Road with the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham all losing there. Also, in the corresponding fixture last season QPR beat Swansea 3-0 which was part of a run where they won all of their last 5 home games to keep them up. Swansea's away form was poor last season with a record of W4 D4 L11. The loss of Sigurdsson to Spurs will be a blow for Swansea as he looked a class apart in the Swansea team last season. Also, Steven Caulker's loan has ended and he has gone back to Spurs. Swansea have signed De Guzman and Chico who i don't really know much about so can't really say if they will strengthen the side. QPR on the other hand have brought in Ji-Sung Park and Fabio (on loan) from Man United which are good signings for them IMO and will improve their side. Also, the signing of Andy Johnson adds to their strikeforce and Ryan Nelsen is a decent defender who they have signed as is keeper Rob Green. So whist none of their signings are real stand-out names they look to be building a solid squad with plenty of Premier League experience. The only worry regarding their game against Swansea is how many new players will start against the Swans and the time it takes to gel the side together. However, i think QPR are decent value at 5/4 @ Coral and i think they will win this one.

Re: QPR v Swansea Saturday 18th August 2012 I think anything over evens for QPR represents real value. At Loftus Road they had a relatively decent home record, though it was true that most of their crucial points came against scalps with the big boys. Their investment so far in the transfer window has been impressive and no doubt they will add more quality. However whether these players gel in time remain to be seen. Swansea lost their key man last year (their manager, Brendan Rodgers) and don't really have the budget to buy any standouts. As a team last year they were fine without such "known" quality, with the likes of loaness and cheapos such as graham, sinclair, on loan caulkner all excelling. At the heart of their rhythm was their style of play under rodgers, which was especially effective at home. However a feature, even under his game plans, was a disastrous away record. Although not especially relevant with a new manager and thus new tactics in place, looking at a poor away record and with no real investment, coupled with their opponents strong home form and large investment, this looks like going only one way. I'll take Betfairs 2.2 all day on a QPR home win

Re: QPR v Swansea Saturday 18th August 2012 Yep, I expect Hughes to steer QPR to safety this season, in more comfortable fashion this time now that he has a full season and pre-season to make his mark. He's already adding experienced PL players to his squad with Park, Nelsen, Green, Andy Johnson........he's looking to establish QPR first and foremost.....and as we seen in the latter stages of last season, at home he was generally able to get the tactics right...we were one of the sides who fell there aswell as Liverpool, Spurs and none other than Swansea who were outclassed....... I'm interested to see if Laudrup tries to maintain the Swansea style as I do sense it's difficult to execute it in tough away matches against physical sides like QPR. Talk that Allen might be off, Sigurdsson is already gone, these types were key to it but I guess it's ingrained in the squad from top to bottom. Interesting to see. I do think QPR at 5/4 is a good price, as per every other thread it's early days so let things take shape in the next month.

Re: QPR v Swansea Saturday 18th August 2012 I agree that there is value in QPR here. Despite having a very topsy-turvy season before, and getting incredibly close to being relegated, they have made some progress and have had a number of high profile signings. There may be some time taken to get used to the new players / team / tactics but there is some real quality being brought in to the club, it is just a case of whether or not the players will gel. Despite this risk, 2.3 seems like a decent price although it is still early days. Swansea have lost Gylfi Sigurdsson to Spurs, and as far as I know they have not made any considerable signings since then. Bring in the fact that they have a new manager too and it makes that price even more appealing. As for the manager change, many would argue that it was Brendan Rogers' tactics and management that have brought Swansea to where they are now, and he is the reason for their successful 1st season in the Premier League. With nothing to suggest that something special has been brought to the club since his departure, I can't really suggest anything other than a home win here, however will probably wait until the start of the season to bet anything, unless I hear news that Swansea are to make no new signings, in which case I may take it early as it will inevitable fall by the time of the game.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: QPR v Swansea Saturday 18th August 2012 Last season QPR did really well at home and many teams struggled against them at Loftus Road. Moreover, QPR have only lost twice in their last 10 games against Swansea. Moreover, the Rangers have kept clean sheets in their last 5 home games against Swansea. In my opinion it is very unlikely that QPR will lose this game, so have taken them on +1 handicap @ 1.28 in a double with a similar bet Reading +1.

Re: QPR v Swansea Saturday 18th August 2012 My first post - hoping for a great season of wins , found this site deadly for tips last year so thanks :notworthy I cant see anything but a home win here, I feel with QPRs signings (hoillet, park, fabio, johnson, green) and the loss of their key player and personnel at Swansea (allen and rodgers) that QPR will be just too strong at home... Im a United fan and cant speak highly enough of Parks workrate and feel he will dominate the midfield saturday.. the last 2 fixtures at loftus road finished QPR 3-0 Swansea (Premierleague) and QPR 4-0 Swansea (Championship) ... no one can disagree that since these 2 games QPRs squad has drastically improved whilst Swanseas has dis-improved... In saying that Swansea still have a huge threat in the form of dyer graham and sinclair, not to mention their great goalkeeper Vorm .... This wont be easy by any means for QPR but i feel the best bets for this game are ... Safe lump bet - QPR DRAW NO BET @ 4/9 good bet - QPR WIN @ 11/10 Greedy Bet - QPR -1 @ 16/5 ODDS TAKEN FROM PADDY POWER Best o luck for all :hope

Re: QPR v Swansea Saturday 18th August 2012

IMO i think the value in this match is on QPR. Swansea have a new coach in Laudrup and i can see them tarting the season slowly and adjusting the way they play after the departure of Brendan Rodgers.
Michael Laudrup is the guy who (as a player) invented the type of passing game that Barca/Swansea play, so perhaps not.

Re: QPR v Swansea Saturday 18th August 2012 QPR To beat Swansea @ EVENS BET 365 Strength (9/10) Going big on this one. I rate Mark Hughes as an excellent manager and he'll have his QPR team fired up for this, like he always does with his home teams. Remember Ewood being a fortress under Sparky and he'll no doubt look to repeat that trick with Rangers. He's made lots of decent signings and I expect Fabio and Park Ji Sung to link up well down the flanks and and for Hoilett and Cisse to be electric in the final third. Swansea will no longer be enjoy the same ability to take the sting out of the opposition with possession football now that Allen and Sigurdsson gone so they may well find themselves under the pump for the full ninety minutes here, unable to get out of their half. Scott Sinclair may not play as well due to wanting to leave so all in all Swansea and Laudrup will do well here to escape without a bit of a shellacking. :hope

Re: QPR v Swansea Saturday 18th August 2012 Not getting why everyone seems to be opposing Swansea. Yes, they have a new manager who is willing to play the same style of football that Rodgers played. IMO they have got themselves the best Bargain in the Premiership with Michu who scored the most goals from midfield in the La Liga last season. They have performed well pre-season and Danny Graham has hit 6 in their latest friendlies. I really cannot see much difference between the two sides and dont buy into the fact that QPR have signed good players, I see them more as quantity not quality. I am not saying they will win this game by any stretch of imagination, just that I cannot see QPR winning this one as comfortable as you lot are making out.

Re: QPR v Swansea Saturday 18th August 2012 Think it would be sensible to leave this game alone. Although the price on QPR looks good, there are too many questions unanswered such as has the team gelled together well? It is Laudrup's first league game in charge of the Swans so don't know how it will affect them. No bet for me.

Re: QPR v Swansea Saturday 18th August 2012 QPR @ 2.00 sportsbet QPR have bolstered their squad well and expect them to come out of this game with a win as they have Nelson to partner Ferdinand in defence, with da Silva also coming in at right back. Green is a good keeper and with Park in midfield, this should allow Taarabt some freedom to attack Swansea. Also the signing of Hoilett should given them plenty of pace out wide. Swansea have lost their manager and a couple of influential midfielders, and though they have some decent players who have come in, they may take time to settle into this team. While at home they were good last year, on the road they struggle to pick up points, and QPR showed towards the end of last season, that Sparky Hughes has started to get them playing his way. With a good preseason under their belt, then like them to continue on from there with a win first up here

Re: QPR v Swansea Saturday 18th August 2012 I have put my bet on the other side of the coin, though everyone else seems to be unified in their opinion on QPR. Indeed they made made a lot of good experienced signings, but I don't betting on the home even favourites in this circumstance at the start of the season is going to be enough. Taking home advantage into account the odds suggest the home side to be the favourite in terms of pure team strength and I'd probably agree with that. However, again because its this early in the season covering Swansea and the Draw feels much fatter and is +EV in my mug instinct and opinion.