** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Antepost > League 1 > 2012-13

Re: Antepost > League 1 > 2012-13

Thought Id give you an update on the mighty Bees. we still havent got a left back!! Bidwell has played in a few friendlies for Everton , but Rossler is definitley still working on it. Have a guy from Brighton called Redwood who has been filling in. He;s OK but no Bidwell. We still havent signed a 3rd striker!! Though we are being strongly linked with Paul Hayes of Charlton who I think would be a quality signing. We played pre-season match at Wycombe on Tuessday and we tore them apart. Forrester ran the show. we won 4-1 it could literally have been ten. quie a few fans brought mates who support Chelsea Arsenal Tottenahm etc and they ALL said how impressed they were. Was it a one off, were Wycombe just awful? We shall see. New signing and hopefully goal machine Farid El Alagui has impressed Bees fans in the matches he has featured in, looks very lively and is scoring regularly. Interestingly his partnership with Donaldson is looking very good and they have already built up quite an understanding. Excitingly Donaldson has started to find the net a few times as well. We are now hoping that the signing of El Alagui is going to make Donaldson become the player we thought we'd bought last summer. What has surprised us most in pre-season is Myles Weston who has repeatedly put in some excellent performances , and on occasion terrorising the opposition defences. It's as though he senses the club is moving on and despite previously being the big star he is in danger of being left behind. We'd written Myles off as some one who failed to deliver on his early promise . but maybe we are going to see the best of him after all. I still don't see us challenging for the top two but they way we are playing AND if we sign a left back (we had Gregory Vignal on trial on Tuesday but despite starting well he tore a hamstring 35 minutes in) top six looks definitely realistic.
UPdate. Yesterday Bees fans rejoiced as Bidwell resigned for us on loan. It is initially a month but more than likely it it wll be extended for the season. Paul Hayes of Charlton, ex Scunthorpe has also signed permanently. Meaning we have 3 v good strikers now . Donaldson and El Alagui both scored a brace against Crewe at the w/e and linked very well. Forrester has shone when he has played but been restricted to subs appearances as Foreshaw (who we signed from EVerton who we had on loan last season) had been playing superbly. We are now very strong in every position and have good cover in every position. I am now comfortable to put a big bet on us to finish top 6. The only thing would maybe be to wait until we gel, but then again we took Crewe apart 5-1 on Saturday so we might be already there

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPdate. Yesterday Bees fans rejoiced as Bidwell resigned for us on loan. It is initially a month but more than likely it it wll be extended for the season. Paul Hayes of Charlton, ex Scunthorpe has also signed permanently. Meaning we have 3 v good strikers now . Donaldson and El Alagui both scored a brace against Crewe at the w/e and linked very well. Forrester has shone when he has played but been restricted to subs appearances as Foreshaw (who we signed from EVerton who we had on loan last season) had been playing superbly. We are now very strong in every position and have good cover in every position. I am now comfortable to put a big bet on us to finish top 6. The only thing would maybe be to wait until we gel, but then again we took Crewe apart 5-1 on Saturday so we might be already there
I find it UNBELIEVABLE that you can still get 2.5 on us to finish in the top 6 on betfair. THe only negative point of the season has been the long term injury to El Alagui. HOWEVER, we play in a formation where we dont actually need 2 out and out forwards. But we were missing a fox in the box type player. We signed the highly rated Trotta from Fulham on loan this week and in his debut today was EXACTLY what we were looking for. Paul Hayes is perfect in certain games, Donaldson has the best work rate of any player most fans have ever seen and keeps scoring regularly (though couldnt score a one on one to save his life!) Tony Craig at the back after a shaky start following his signing from Millwall where he played 200+ games is just getting better and better and now a real rock at the back. Our full backs Logan and Bidwell are so attacking BUT positionally disciplined. Not only that but keeper Richard Lee was one of the players of the season last year, but such have been the performances of Simon Moore who stepped in when Lee got injured earlier in the season, he cant get back in the team!! Then there is our midfield... In my first post on this thread I mentioned how excited we were about Harry Forrester. He has NOT disappointed. Check out his goal today as an example. His contract runs out at the end of the season and if we dont go up there is not a chance we will be able to keep hold of him. This is the guy remember who turned down an approach from Ajax to stay in England! Forshawe who we got from Everton is playing consistantly well possibly the player of the season so far, plus we have old head Jonathan Douglas orchestrating in midfield, and Diagoura is back to the form that made us all marvel at him in the 2010/2011, our own mini Ya Ya Toure. On top of that Rossler has accumulated such a strong squad the fans can never agree on the starting line up! We've lost 1 in fifteen, our last three results have seen us draw away at Preston win away at Swindon and beat Sheff Utd at home, conceding a solitary goal in the process. Bascially I topped up big style on a top six finish at half time today, and the odds have slightly fallen since, but still the cat is not out of the bag. I never bet on my team to get automatic promotion, but this top 6 bet at 2.5 is too good to be true...

• 2 months later...

Re: Antepost > League 1 > 2012-13 Hi Everyone, Looking for advice on league 1. Many Experts are Suggesting they can't see past Bournemouth under Eddie Howe. I have personally been smashing into Donny most the Season so am considering jumping ship and getting out while i can, So is Bournemouth at 11/4 a good bet ? They still remain 4 Points behind Donny and Donny ahve a game in hand but Bournemouth have the much favourable Fixture list. Many thanks for your opinions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Re: Antepost > League 1 > 2012-13 I've given up trying to see who wins this league.All I know is that it will be either Donny, Sheff Utd, Brentford, Swindon, Yeovil, Tranmere or Bournemnouth, but I cant rule out Coventry or Walsall! Followers of the top 6 of this league will understand what I mean

• 1 month later...

Re: Antepost > League 1 > 2012-13 Hope you done that bet on Brentford to finish in the top 6 wibs. My selections were not far off having said Bournemouth who were promoted in 2nd and picked out Tranmere at a high price, cannot remember it now, and they started on fire and faded well off unfortunately for me. I also said that Coventry were priced too high and their financial problems would hinder them as that turned out true as they were deducted 10 points when it looked like a play-off spot was possible.

Hope you done that bet on Brentford to finish in the top 6 wibs. My selections were not far off having said Bournemouth who were promoted in 2nd and picked out Tranmere at a high price, cannot remember it now, and they started on fire and faded well off unfortunately for me. I also said that Coventry were priced too high and their financial problems would hinder them as that turned out true as they were deducted 10 points when it looked like a play-off spot was possible.
Oh I did, big time!