** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Antepost > 2012/13

Re: Antepost > 2012/13

Have a good look at Sunderland's squad.
Just ran through it on wikipedia: :pukeYou're right it looks bad! It is concerning how low they are on numbers, clearly O'Neil is trying to close some deals but it's taking longer than he'd like. CB Scott Dann is rumoured to be another target. Ultimately I think they'll be fine, it just looks bad at this momment in time. 12's maybe a little long for them I agree but I think it will take a very nasty, sustained injury crisis for them to drop down.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Antepost > 2012/13 Stoke to be relegated 7/1 Betvictor I cant see Stoke doing much this year. Their tactics seem to have been rumbled by the other clubs. They were pretty miserable last season winning only 4 games in the second half of the season. Those games were against Wolves Swansea Blackburn and Norwich. That kind of form wil almost certainly see them scrapping at the bottom. Of the other teams there seems to be no obvious whipping boys. Im struggling to find any teams that are definately worse than Stoke. Two of the teams fancied for relegation should stay up in my opinion. Wigan were fantastic at the end of the season beating Liverpool, Man utd, Newcastle and Arsenal. If they play to anywhere near that standard they will be nowhere near the relegation zone. Promoted teams tend do a lot better than expected and I think Reading have enough about them to escape relegation. The addition of Pogrebnyak will assure that goals are no problem. So that just leaves the likes of Sothampton Norwich and West Ham to contend with. Therefore 7/1 seems a great price to me.

Re: Antepost > 2012/13 BUY WIGAN SEASON POINTS 38.5 SPORTINGINDEX This looks a cracking bet in my opinion. Wigan only need to repeat last season's performance to show a profit. However that included a dreadfull 1st half of the season. If they play like they did in the second half then they will sail over the 38.5 mark. The only concern is if Martinez leaves. But even if he did I still think the points total would be achievable.

Re: Antepost > 2012/13 Fulham to be relegated @ 9/1 Bet365 I'm not going to be mglanfields biggest fan by posting this but i feel theres a very realistic chance of Fulham being relegated this year. Although they ended last season in the top half, the league was a very tight affair with few points separating the teams in and around relegation to those in mid table. I don't feel that they have improved the squad this summer, yes they have got rid of some of the deadwood but if Clint Dempsey goes as expected they could struggle to find goals unless Petric of Rodellaga can fire which i am not convinced will happen. Personally not a Martin Jol either and unless they manage to sign a couple of players with funds received for Dempsey i feel they will struggle.