The "All Green" Grand National 2013

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2013

I've had a lay of Mumbles Head outstanding for a while and this was finally matched today LAY - Mumbles Head £2 @ 400.0 This has allowed me to go back in for an outsider I like more: BACK - Auroras Encore - £2 @ 120.0 2nd in last year's Scottish National behind Merigo off a mark 6lbs higher than he races from on Saturday. Hasnt had his conditions this year but looks like getting his ground on Saturday. An iffy jumper but maybe the modifications to the fences will help.
Thanks everyone :) It makes up for the heartbreak of last year. I owe some thanks to whoever it was who matched my bet on Mumbles Head as otherwise I might not have bothered backing him. Glad all 40 horses are safe. It appears the lowered fences have had the desired effect. Same time again next year :nana

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2013 Mark Grant - Soll (seventh): "That was brilliant. He's given me a great spin. He missed the Chair but recovered nicely from that. I thought going over the Melling Road we might get placed but it's great to get round." Wilson Renwick - Tarquinius (eighth): "He got ground but he's a four-miler on slow ground and that was a bit quick for him." Dougie Costello - Saint Are (ninth): "Beautiful. I think the experience will do him good. The ground just felt a bit dead and patchy on him and he has probably lost a bit of speed from last year." Tom Scudamore - Major Malarkey (11th): "It was the thrill of a lifetime, I just couldn't go the pace but have never ridden a horse who has gone round Liverpool like that. He was superb. I just had to point him in the right direction." Katie Walsh - Seabass (13th): "I had a good spin. He jumped super and crossing the Melling Road I thought I had a squeak but wasn't going as well as last year. He got very tired." Henry Brooke - Across The Bay (14th): "It was brilliant - I loved every minute of it. The trip might have found him out - he might have lasted longer if we'd saved a bit more energy - but he was great." Richard Johnson - Balthazar King (15th): "He didn't quite get home on the ground. It's still slow in places round there otherwise he jumped well and gave me a nice ride." David Casey - Quiscover Fontaine (16th): "I got a great run but got a bad bump at the Canal Turn first time. He bottled it for a couple of fences which left me out of the race and I struggled from there on." Ian Popham - Any Currency (17th): "I'm happy to get round though he was a bit tired at the end. I was badly hampered at the Canal Turn first time around and he got a bit detached but galloped on nicely." Sam Twiston-Davies Imperial Commander (pulled up): "It was a great ride but he just stopped very quick." Paul Townend - Quel Esprit (pulled up): "I got a good spin off him,." Jason Maguire - Ballabriggs (pulled up): "He was probably just rushed off his feet early on. He's a National winner and you can't take that away from him." Ruby Walsh - On His Own (fell 25th): "I don't know if we had any cahnce as we were too far out when I fell at Valentine's." Mark Walsh - Lost Glory (pulled up): "My lad was never going so I looked after him and pulled up." Paul Carberry - Chicago Grey (pulled up): "He's jumped very slowly. He's just a bit careful at these big fences which meant I got detached quite early. He just took too much out of himself with his jumping." Martin Ferris - Becauseicouldntsee (pulled up): "I had a great ride round. He jumped well and travelled beatifully. I just got left behind as he tired." Peter Buchanan - Mr Moonshine (pulled up): "I have got a great ride off him and he has jumped fantastic. He just hasn't got the trip." Adam Wedge - Viking Blond (pulled up): "He was fantastic. He jumped well but just got a bit detached and a bit tired." Aidan Coleman - The Rainbow Hunter (unseated rider): "I came down at the Canal Turn but I was getting a great spin until then. I had nowhere to go, there was bunching, and I came off him." Andrew Thornton - Tatenen (fell): "I've got a bit of whiplash. I had a great ride over the first 11 but then a disagreement at the 12th." Barry Geraghty - Roberto Goldback (unseated rider): "I had a good ride. He just struggled a bit on the ground but jumped well. I was going to complete but then Mumbles Head refused at the last and I ended up on the fence." Robbie Power - Joncol (pulled up): "He jumped okay but the ground was a bit quick for him. He couldn't go the pace." Niall Madden - Ninetieth Minute (pulled up): "He was never really going to be honest. He made a couple of mistakes and we had to call it a day." Ryan Mahon - Harry The Viking (pulled up): "He gave me a nice enough spin."

• 3 weeks later...

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2013 I didnt notice anything untoward with that mate. If i'm honest, I didnt quite understand what the change was. I should try and get my head round it really in case it has an impact at some point.