STAKE FOR PROFIT

Explanation of the System: On bet No. 1 the aim is to win I point, the forecast S.P. is 2-1 so the stake required is 0.5 point. The bet loses – you have not won the 1 point aim and your loss is 0. 5 points. On bet No. 2 the aim is the same – I point plus the one point you did not win on bet No. 1 plus the half point loss making a total aim of 2.5 points on bet No. 2. The forecast S.P. is again 2-l so the actual required stake is I.25 points. However, in order not to make the figures too complicated I have used a policy of ‘rounding up’ to the nearest 0.5 point so a stake of 1.5 points is placed. Bet No. 2 again loses so the aim for bet No. 3 is now 5 points (the one point aim not won on bets Nos. 1 & 2, the one point aim for bet No. 3 and the two previous losses of 0.5 points and 1.5 points). Again the forecast price is 2-1 so the required stake is 2.5 points. The bet wins at 2-I, 5 points profit are made meaning that previous losses have been recovered and you are left with 3 points clear profit and have achieved the aim after 3 bets. All bets through Sky Bet Wolverhampton 1400 Small John @ 5/1 0.25pts

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: STAKE FOR PROFIT

Explanation of the System: On bet No. 1 the aim is to win I point, the forecast S.P. is 2-1 so the stake required is 0.5 point. The bet loses – you have not won the 1 point aim and your loss is 0. 5 points. On bet No. 2 the aim is the same – I point plus the one point you did not win on bet No. 1 plus the half point loss making a total aim of 2.5 points on bet No. 2. The forecast S.P. is again 2-l so the actual required stake is I.25 points. However, in order not to make the figures too complicated I have used a policy of ‘rounding up’ to the nearest 0.5 point so a stake of 1.5 points is placed. Bet No. 2 again loses so the aim for bet No. 3 is now 5 points (the one point aim not won on bets Nos. 1 & 2, the one point aim for bet No. 3 and the two previous losses of 0.5 points and 1.5 points). Again the forecast price is 2-1 so the required stake is 2.5 points. The bet wins at 2-I, 5 points profit are made meaning that previous losses have been recovered and you are left with 3 points clear profit and have achieved the aim after 3 bets. All bets through Sky Bet Wolverhampton 1400 Small John @ 5/1 0.25pts
Hi - with no disrespect intended.... Have you worked out how much you will be staking after 10 losing bets in a row? When you have done that, how do you intend overcoming Bookmakers limits and how do you intend to get on - particularly if u only use Skybet(!) Finally, is it realisic to be placing 1,000s of pound on selection number 13 or 14 when your first bet set out to win £5!? I don't have time to add bones to these post but can assure you that systems like this have been sold for years and years. MATHEMATICALLY, THEY ARE FOOL PROOF - but unless you have an unlimited bank roll and a bookie that will take literally any bet you will come unstuck. I wish you well with it - it will probably work well for a little while... But you will lose - I promise! Please - anyone considering this - do the maths first on your previous results and then ask yourself if it's realistic.

Re: STAKE FOR PROFIT At this point it may be as well to work your way down columns I-5 to familiarise yourself with this method. You will also see that, having encountered a consecutive losing run of 12 the whole of the 500 point operating bank is lost after bet No. 45. Now the application of the ‘Special Factor’ rules to the Retrieve staking plan. First of all split the 500 Point operating bank. Place 250 points in the ‘Basic bank’ (column 10) and 250 points into the ‘Reserve bank’ (column 11). Now increase the aim for each bet from one point to three points. When the bet loses deduct half the lost stake from the ‘Basic Bank’ and half the lost stake from the ‘Reserve Bank’. When the bet wins place half the winnings in the ‘Basic Bank’ and half the winnings in the ‘Reserve Bank’ To see how it works compare columns 1 to 4 with columns 6 to 9. You will see that after each winner, winnings in column 10 are already one and a half times winnings in column 3 and at the same time you are building up the reserve bank (column 11) – also from the increased winnings – to help cope with any future losing run. Beating a losing run. Now the crunch! The long losing run of 12 occurs. On the Basic Retrieve Staking Plan, after bet No. 45 all of any previously accrued winnings, plus the whole 500 point bank is LOST! The principle of the ‘Special Factor’ plan is to defeat the losing run before it defeats you! This is why a ‘Reserve Bank’ has been created. Money from the reserve bank will now be allocated to the ‘Basic Bank’ (column 10) thereby reducing the aim, rather than allowing the aim and therefore the required stakes to reach astronomical levels. Remember that the money given by the ‘Reserve Bank’ to the “Basic Bank’ is out of increased winnings, which has been saved for that rainy day. Identifying a danger signal. So, how do we know at what point money from the Reserve Bank should be allocated to the Basic Bank? After all, we do not know how long the losing run will go on. It might be less than the 12 in my example or it might be more. Therefore we have to look for a Danger Signal, a point at which to provide ‘insurance’ against the losing run continuing further. In my plan the ‘danger signal’ occurs when the next aim reaches at least one third of the amount in the reserve bank. (This will still leave approximately two thirds of the reserve bank intact should another long losing run occur fairly quickly). In my example the ‘danger signal’ occurs after bet No. 39. The next aim has become 101 points (bet No.39 – column 9) and the amount in the reserve bank is 261 points (bet No.39 – column 11). Therefore an adjustment of 98 points is required in order to reduce the ‘aim’ on bet no. 40 to the basic 3 points. Therefore 49 points (previously won*) will be taken from the reserve bank and ‘given’ to the Basic Bank leaving the figures after bet No. 39 as follows: Next aim – 3 points (column 9), Basic Bank 310 (column 10), and Reserve Bank 212 (column 11). Now, you may say that in this example, not all the money taken from the Reserve Bank was from accumulated winnings to date – some of it was taken from the originally created Reserve Bank. But bear this in mind: I have not asked you to increase the original 500-point bank and if the losing run had occurred later (not necessarily in the 50 bet sequence shown) you may well have accumulated enough ‘reserve’ winnings to use without reducing the amount of the original Reserve Bank. Flexibility. You could also introduce some flexibility into the plan – that would be your decision. For instance you may decide that after the point at which you have used some of the Reserve Bank you could alter the split, i.e, 1 point allocated to the ‘Basic’ winnings and 2 points to ‘Reserve’ winnings until the point at which the Reserve Bank was back at the same level as the Basic bank. Also if you consider that your selection method is better than the set of results I have based my example on you may feel confident enough to increase your aim – say to 4 points – placing 2 points in the Basic Bank and 2 points in the Reserve Bank. But that is up to you. Another point to bear in mind – What would have been the situation if the losing run had not occurred and the ‘danger signal’ had not shown up in my example. You would have won approximately 150 points compared to the 50 points won using the ‘basic retrieve staking plan’. In summary. I mentioned earlier that the rules of the ‘Special Factor’ could be applied to many other staking plans. The principle is the same – increase your stake (to play up the winners) but allocate some of the increased winnings to a reserve bank. For instance if you are using the l-2-2-3-3 etc. sequence this will now become 3-6-6-9-9 etc. Again remember to establish the ‘Danger point’. You could do a ‘paper’ exercise to establish where the ‘Danger point’ would occur on whichever plan you are using. I first devised this plan in 1978. It still works as well as ever with only minor changes to update it. You may think that the analysis sheet looks complicated but I have tried to guide you through it in these notes. Analysis of application of Special Factors Rules to the Basic Retrieve Staking Plan Basic Retrieve Staking 500 Point Bank P/L = Profit/Loss [TABLE]

[TR] [TD]Column No [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD]1 [/TD] [TD]2 [/TD] [TD]3 [/TD] [TD]4 [/TD] [TD]5 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bet No [/TD] [TD]F/C S/P [/TD] [TD]Result [/TD] [TD]Stake [/TD] [TD]P/L on day [/TD] [TD]P/L to date [/TD] [TD]Next Aim [/TD] [TD]Bank [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]1 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]0.5 [/TD] [TD]-0.5 [/TD] [TD]0.5 [/TD] [TD]2.5 [/TD] [TD]499.5 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]2 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]1.5 [/TD] [TD]-1.5 [/TD] [TD]-2 [/TD] [TD]5 [/TD] [TD]498 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]3 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]W [/TD] [TD]2.5 [/TD] [TD]5 [/TD] [TD]3 [/TD] [TD]1 [/TD] [TD]503 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]4 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]0.5 [/TD] [TD]-0.5 [/TD] [TD]2.5 [/TD] [TD]2.5 [/TD] [TD]502.5 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]5 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]1.5 [/TD] [TD]-1.5 [/TD] [TD]1 [/TD] [TD]5 [/TD] [TD]501 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]6 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]W [/TD] [TD]2.5 [/TD] [TD]5 [/TD] [TD]6 [/TD] [TD]1 [/TD] [TD]506 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]7 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]W [/TD] [TD]0.5 [/TD] [TD]1 [/TD] [TD]7 [/TD] [TD]1 [/TD] [TD]507 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]8 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]W [/TD] [TD]0.5 [/TD] [TD]1 [/TD] [TD]8 [/TD] [TD]1 [/TD] [TD]508 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]9 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]0.5 [/TD] [TD]-0.5 [/TD] [TD]7.5 [/TD] [TD]2.5 [/TD] [TD]507.5 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]10 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]1.5 [/TD] [TD]-1.5 [/TD] [TD]6 [/TD] [TD]5 [/TD] [TD]506 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]11 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]2.5 [/TD] [TD]-2.5 [/TD] [TD]3.5 [/TD] [TD]8.5 [/TD] [TD]503.5 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]12 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]4 [/TD] [TD]-4 [/TD] [TD]0.5 [/TD] [TD]13.5 [/TD] [TD]499.5 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]13 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]W [/TD] [TD]7 [/TD] [TD]14 [/TD] [TD]13.5 [/TD] [TD]1 [/TD] [TD]513 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]14 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]0.5 [/TD] [TD]-0.5 [/TD] [TD]13 [/TD] [TD]2.5 [/TD] [TD]512.5 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]15 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]1.5 [/TD] [TD]-1.5 [/TD] [TD]11.5 [/TD] [TD]5 [/TD] [TD]511 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]16 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]2.5 [/TD] [TD]-2.5 [/TD] [TD]9 [/TD] [TD]8.5 [/TD] [TD]508.5 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]17 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]W [/TD] [TD]4 [/TD] [TD]8 [/TD] [TD]17 [/TD] [TD]1 [/TD] [TD]517 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]18 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]0.5 [/TD] [TD]-0.5 [/TD] [TD]16.5 [/TD] [TD]2.5 [/TD] [TD]516.5 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]19 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]1.5 [/TD] [TD]-1.5 [/TD] [TD]15 [/TD] [TD]5 [/TD] [TD]515 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]20 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]2.5 [/TD] [TD]-2.5 [/TD] [TD]12.5 [/TD] [TD]8.5 [/TD] [TD]512.5 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]21 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]W [/TD] [TD]4 [/TD] [TD]8 [/TD] [TD]20.5 [/TD] [TD]1.5 [/TD] [TD]520.5 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]22 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]W [/TD] [TD]1 [/TD] [TD]2 [/TD] [TD]22.5 [/TD] [TD]1 [/TD] [TD]522.5 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]23 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]W [/TD] [TD]0.5 [/TD] [TD]1 [/TD] [TD]23.5 [/TD] [TD]1 [/TD] [TD]523.5 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]24 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]W [/TD] [TD]0.5 [/TD] [TD]1 [/TD] [TD]24.5 [/TD] [TD]1 [/TD] [TD]524.5 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]25 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]0.5 [/TD] [TD]-0.5 [/TD] [TD]24 [/TD] [TD]2.5 [/TD] [TD]524 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]26 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]1.5 [/TD] [TD]-1.5 [/TD] [TD]22.5 [/TD] [TD]5 [/TD] [TD]522.5 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]27 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]2.5 [/TD] [TD]-2.5 [/TD] [TD]20 [/TD] [TD]8.5 [/TD] [TD]520 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]28 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]W [/TD] [TD]4 [/TD] [TD]8 [/TD] [TD]28 [/TD] [TD]1 [/TD] [TD]528 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]29 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]0.5 [/TD] [TD]-0.5 [/TD] [TD]27.5 [/TD] [TD]2.5 [/TD] [TD]527.5 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]30 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]1.5 [/TD] [TD]-1.5 [/TD] [TD]26 [/TD] [TD]5 [/TD] [TD]528 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]31 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]2.5 [/TD] [TD]-2.5 [/TD] [TD]23.5 [/TD] [TD]8.5 [/TD] [TD]523.5 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]32 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]W [/TD] [TD]4 [/TD] [TD]8 [/TD] [TD]31.5 [/TD] [TD]1 [/TD] [TD]531.5 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]33 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]W [/TD] [TD]0.5 [/TD] [TD]-0.5 [/TD] [TD]31 [/TD] [TD]2.5 [/TD] [TD]531 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]34 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]1.5 [/TD] [TD]-1.5 [/TD] [TD]29.5 [/TD] [TD]5 [/TD] [TD]529.5 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]35 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]2.5 [/TD] [TD]-2,5 [/TD] [TD]27 [/TD] [TD]8.5 [/TD] [TD]527 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]36 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]4 [/TD] [TD]-4 [/TD] [TD]23 [/TD] [TD]13.5 [/TD] [TD]523 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]37 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]7 [/TD] [TD]-7 [/TD] [TD]16 [/TD] [TD]21.5 [/TD] [TD]516 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]38 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]11 [/TD] [TD]-11 [/TD] [TD]5 [/TD] [TD]33.5 [/TD] [TD]505 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]39 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]17 [/TD] [TD]-17 [/TD] [TD]-12 [/TD] [TD]51.5 [/TD] [TD]488 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]40 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]26 [/TD] [TD]-26 [/TD] [TD]-38 [/TD] [TD]78.5 [/TD] [TD]462 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]41 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]39 [/TD] [TD]-39 [/TD] [TD]-77 [/TD] [TD]118.5 [/TD] [TD]423 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]42 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]60 [/TD] [TD]-60 [/TD] [TD]-137 [/TD] [TD]180 [/TD] [TD]383 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]43 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]90 [/TD] [TD]-90 [/TD] [TD]-227 [/TD] [TD]271 [/TD] [TD]273 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]44 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]136 [/TD] [TD]-136 [/TD] [TD]-363 [/TD] [TD]408 [/TD] [TD]137 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]45 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD]137 [/TD] [TD]-137 [/TD] [TD]-500 [/TD] [TD]N/A [/TD] [TD]NIL [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]46 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]W [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]47 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]48 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]49 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]L [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]50 [/TD] [TD]2-1 [/TD] [TD]W [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: STAKE FOR PROFIT

Fiorio Vicitore wolverhampton 15.00 0.35pt 4/1
Will come back and read that properly! Not got time to wipe my bum today!! I'll read it properly so forgive me if this isn't applicable... If One point is £50 how much are you looking to stake on bet number 45 or whenever it is that the losing run was at it's worse? Good Luck - think you were off to a winner regardless - another thing to consider - that I haven't checked - what would the returns be to level stakes? Gotta go - sorry for shabby reply atm...

Re: STAKE FOR PROFIT Brings back memories this staking plan - bad memories. My introduction to horse racing proper was when a mate got a hold of a commercial system called 'Cashmaster' which used this staking system. The tips came by picking the most tipped horse from various newspapers. When losers built up I found myself needing to bet £400 to win the original £10 back. Eventually ran out of money and called it a day losing about £1500 back in my student days. Many years later I've made it all back and more by applying study and purposeful practice to my game. Stay clear of this.