Confidence

An issue that has been playing on my mind for a while now is confidence in my bets, particularly lucky 15's. Some people think this is a bet for mugs, but I don't think it's the case. So, with some firms you can get three times the odds for one winner and because it's 15 bets, I can't afford to cover every bet as I would a normal single bet. I realise that the odds of getting more than one winner are higher, so it got me thinking... Would you prefer, for example, your lucky 15 equalling 0.5pts per unit (at 3 times the odds for one winner), which equals 7.5pts or Backing each single with 1.5pts and then covering the remaining eleven bets at 0.5pts each, totalling 11.5pts? This means, as I'm sure you're aware, that with at least one winner, it should return the same percentage of winnings.

Re: Confidence On a normal day if I had 4 horses I fancied equally and I only had £15 to bet with that day I would probably do 2 things : 4 Win singles @ £3.75 Or 6 Win doubles @ £2.50 both costing £15 For me the £1 4fold accumulator is an absolute waste of money ,if I really had to do the lucky 15 I would do them separately on a betting slip and omit the accumulator , money saved is money in your pocket.

Re: Confidence I don't disagree with Jays point of view but one thing I would say - is that the days where I have 4 selections are very few and far between. I think so far in 2012, I've had just the one day where I've had 3 outright bets without having the view to lay them off in running etc. Annoyingly enough, I regret not having them in a multiple now but hindsight is a wonderful thing. There will be about 4 or 5 occassions through the Summer when I have 4 bets in a day and the temptation may get the better of me - but they will be few and far between and to minimal stakes. Good Luck with it though

Re: Confidence im not a big multiple fan either but i do sometimes do this bet ....... a b c ------- e f g ------- h i j one from each group for 27 x 50p trebles used to group mine into trebles like this and you only need 1 winner from each group.27 bets i remember and you can win a good amount from just 1 winner from each group of 3 .....can even do it e.w and reduce the groups to 2.....each letter is a different race that day or you can even factor in ante post bets and take prices