** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Aston Villa v Sunderland > April 21st

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Aston Villa v Sunderland (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Aston Villa v Sunderland > April 21st Get the feeling this one is going to be a poor game. Villa struggle to score at home and don't look confident at anything at the moment. Sunderland already on their holidays after two dire 0-0 home draws in a row. Personally I think Villa have nothing going forward in the absence of Bent, whilst Sunderland have no motivation to go out and win these games now there's nothing to play for. On the other hand, O'Neill may want a happy return to Villa Park, but this is a bore draw for me. Draw 1-1 11/2 @ various Draw 0-0 9/1 @SkyBet Under 2.5 4/6 @ various

Re: Aston Villa v Sunderland > April 21st

Get the feeling this one is going to be a poor game. Villa struggle to score at home and don't look confident at anything at the moment. Sunderland already on their holidays after two dire 0-0 home draws in a row. Personally I think Villa have nothing going forward in the absence of Bent, whilst Sunderland have no motivation to go out and win these games now there's nothing to play for. On the other hand, O'Neill may want a happy return to Villa Park, but this is a bore draw for me. Draw 1-1 11/2 @ various Draw 0-0 9/1 @SkyBet Under 2.5 4/6 @ various
Haha, yes. I can imagine this one finishing 0 - 0 already. Villa recently have been extremely boring, Sunderland never looked like scoring recently against Tottenham or Everton. Pity every man and their dog think its going to go under 2.5 at a measly 4/6 you've backed.

Re: Aston Villa v Sunderland > April 21st Apart from the attraction of 'unders', I think Sunderland will want to put in a performance here. McLeish, unpopular with Villa fans versus O'Neill, a popular former manager - I think this might have some influence. Sunderland are in better form and with Villa struggling to score, I think Sunderland are some value at around 3.2

Re: Aston Villa v Sunderland > April 21st Villa vs Sunderland As soon as I see this fixture, I'm thinking what a boring game this is going to be! Sunderland were as dry as you can possibly imagine against Tottenham and Everton after the result at Eastlands, and though Villa fans will be tired of hearing this, McLeish is the most boring manager I can name.Obvious mug bet here is unders, but odds are so ridiculously short I'm tempted to back overs. But I just feel crazy backing overs in this game. Tight for value on goals, perhaps value on 1x2? Though its unlikely, Villa will need to secure more points to be sure of avoiding relegation. Though they can lose all their remaining games and still have a good chance of staying up, avoiding relegation isn't really what the football club is about. They have had a very poor season and lowly Wigan have nearly got the same points tally as them (credit Wigan!). O'Neill returns to Villa park where he enjoyed so much success. That team is almost unrecognizable when they were challenging for Europe. The likes of Downing, Barry and Young have all left the club, and their replacements simply haven't delivered. N'Zogbia has fallen out of form ever since leaving Wigan and not enough is being spent on the club. They really have become a selling club. Sunderland have even less to fight for at this stage of the season, and Villa at 7/5 is rather generous. However home advantage is hardly a factor in this game. Villa had their lowest attendance against Stoke in a 1 - 1 Draw that I think summed up their whole season. Both teams have players returning, Albrighton and Delph for Villa and O'Shea for Sunderland. Though Warnock and Cattermole are still big doubts for the game. Draw 3.400 Pinnacle, Totesport, Betfred 4/10

Re: Aston Villa v Sunderland > April 21st I like two bets for this game. Firstly, laying Villa and secondly under 2.5 goals. To be honest I think we'll see a draw here; Villa's home form throughout the season has been wowful but their play has certainly improved a little over recent weeks. By contrast, Sunderland have been inconsistent yet on the whole good away under MON. TBH I can see a draw but I'll take the safe option of laying Villa. Also, ironically goals have dried up for both sides since the absense of Darren Bent -- without Bent in this game on either side I can see either a 0-0 or 1-1 draw.

Re: Aston Villa v Sunderland > April 21st Draw @ 3.35 centrebet Villa have drawn 2 and lost 3 of their last 5 games as they scrap for every point to ensure their EPL survival. Also they have drawn 3 of their last 6 home games. Sunderland are safe, and looking to ride out the rest of the year. They have drawn 3 of their last 4 games, as well as having drawn 2 and lost 3 of their last 5 away games. Each team will be satisfied with a point here Season record: 145-203 (-9.41)

Re: Aston Villa v Sunderland > April 21st Villa 2.180 Sunderland 3.780 Latest odds at Pinnacle. Villa look a tad short to me, would have them somewhere between 2.3-2.5. There just seems to be a bad atmosphere about Villa these days, I know a few of their fans and they hate McLeish and despise his tactics, but are hoping to simply get through the season as a EPL side and hope the owner decides to change things this Summer. When you look at Villa's squad at various points in the season, the whole thing screams mismanagement to me. They should be alot higher in the table. Sunderland have been brilliant under MON although it fair to say things have slowed down recently(0-0 vs Wolves, but good draws vs Spurs and City too), only problems I can see for them is when they go behind, they dont seem to possess the attacking capabilities to chase games successfully and end up looking very vulnerable and ultimately conceding more e.g Everton away, West Brom away. In this one I can see both sides cancelling eachother out for the most part. Draw wouldnt surprise but I never back draws. Sunderland +0.5 AH vs Aston Villa @ 1.725 (Bet365:3pts)

Re: Aston Villa v Sunderland > April 21st

Villa vs Sunderland As soon as I see this fixture, I'm thinking what a boring game this is going to be! Sunderland were as dry as you can possibly imagine against Tottenham and Everton after the result at Eastlands, and though Villa fans will be tired of hearing this, McLeish is the most boring manager I can name.Obvious mug bet here is unders, but odds are so ridiculously short I'm tempted to back overs. But I just feel crazy backing overs in this game. Tight for value on goals, perhaps value on 1x2? Though its unlikely, Villa will need to secure more points to be sure of avoiding relegation. Though they can lose all their remaining games and still have a good chance of staying up, avoiding relegation isn't really what the football club is about. They have had a very poor season and lowly Wigan have nearly got the same points tally as them (credit Wigan!). O'Neill returns to Villa park where he enjoyed so much success. That team is almost unrecognizable when they were challenging for Europe. The likes of Downing, Barry and Young have all left the club, and their replacements simply haven't delivered. N'Zogbia has fallen out of form ever since leaving Wigan and not enough is being spent on the club. They really have become a selling club. Sunderland have even less to fight for at this stage of the season, and Villa at 7/5 is rather generous. However home advantage is hardly a factor in this game. Villa had their lowest attendance against Stoke in a 1 - 1 Draw that I think summed up their whole season. Both teams have players returning, Albrighton and Delph for Villa and O'Shea for Sunderland. Though Warnock and Cattermole are still big doubts for the game. Draw 3.400 Pinnacle, Totesport, Betfred 4/10
+9.6 units